As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Solicitations for February 2008

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Graphic Violence
Full solicits are up on CBR and Newsarama. http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Feb08/solicitations.html

I'll post full pictures later.

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    There is a very distressing lack of Rictor in that X-Factor solicit.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Good god every one of those images is wallpaper quality! I don't know who "Cain" is, but I'm loving what I see there.

Caveman Paws on
  • Rey Del AguilaRey Del Aguila __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Who is the guy with the mini Cap shield on his shoulder under Warpaths armpit?

Rey Del Aguila on
    Because you know who SAID you know what with you know who, let's keep that between me and you.
  • KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Just so you guys know, IGN has a whole different batch of previews.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/836/836366p1.html

Kyle

KyleWPeterson on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That X-Men: Legacy cover that features the original five has a classified solicit and is written by Mike Carey.

I have no idea what the fuck thats going to be.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Guys, I might finally purchase the Wolverine comic, just because Jason Aaron is writing.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited November 2007
    Upon closer inspecting the artwork for the new X-Force book may end up being way too good for the concept of the book. Though everything else "X" coming out look very promising *In the distance a wallet howls mournfully.*

Caveman Paws on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aw, the last C&D cover

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
    edited November 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    Aw, the last C&D cover

Is my current wallpaper? How did you know?

Caveman Paws on
    edited November 2007
    Upon closer inspecting the artwork for the new X-Force book may end up being way too good for the concept of the book. Though everything else "X" coming out look very promising *In the distance a wallet howls mournfully.*

All I have to say is that Kyle and Yost are writing, so I'm on board.

wwtMask on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Deadpool would be a good fit for X-Force, assuming they don't have something else planned.

And he might inject a bit of levity into what seems like a joyless black-ops X-Men book.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Deadpool should go over to X-Factor to pursue Siryn.

Sars_Boy on
    edited November 2007
    Deadpool has grown on me as of late, at least when he gets drawn the way he does on that latest (last?) issue of Cable&Deadpool. I'll check out X-Force of course, but I'm not expecting fireworks right off the bat.

Caveman Paws on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Deadpool should wander from one book to the next until he finds a loving home that can handle the responsibility of a mercenary and promises to play with him every day.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    someone should slap sue on the side of the head, knock her eyes back into alignment

(that's actually the one art thing that bugs me the most, when eyes aren't centered. god it's freaky)

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Guys, I might finally purchase the Wolverine comic, just because Jason Aaron is writing.

man, that's about the one thing that would get me to get the book too, since scalped pretty much gripped my brain for about a week straight after i read the first trade

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • HankScorpioHankScorpio Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

All I have to say is that Kyle and Yost are writing, so I'm on board.

does this mean that new x-men is getting the axe? because that would suck.

HankScorpio on
    Scorpiohank.png
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm pretty sure New X-Men is getting the axe. No solicit, Yost and Kyle on a new book with their creation, X-23. I'm thinking some of the New X-Men might end up in Ellis' Astonishing based on some of his comments in interviews, but I really hope they don't get killed off / cancelled into oblivion.

As for Deadpool, maybe he'll end up with X-Force? He seems like he could offer some much needed comedy to a rather dull looking crowd. And whats with X-23 being put on a team that will do things the real X-Men cant and don't want to be associated with? I'm assuming they are taking this 17ish year old girl who had been used by the government to assassinate people and who is just trying to start a new life away from all the killing and putting her ona team designed to "take care of problems"? Yost and Kyle have been great on NXM, but just seems odd the X-Men would do something like that with Laura.

KVW on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    KVW wrote: »
    As for Deadpool, maybe he'll end up with X-Force? He seems like he could offer some much needed comedy to a rather dull looking crowd.

Plus, you know, dual wield swords.

Crimsondude on
    edited November 2007
    KVW wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure New X-Men is getting the axe. No solicit, Yost and Kyle on a new book with their creation, X-23. I'm thinking some of the New X-Men might end up in Ellis' Astonishing based on some of his comments in interviews, but I really hope they don't get killed off / cancelled into oblivion.

As for Deadpool, maybe he'll end up with X-Force? He seems like he could offer some much needed comedy to a rather dull looking crowd. And whats with X-23 being put on a team that will do things the real X-Men cant and don't want to be associated with? I'm assuming they are taking this 17ish year old girl who had been used by the government to assassinate people and who is just trying to start a new life away from all the killing and putting her ona team designed to "take care of problems"? Yost and Kyle have been great on NXM, but just seems odd the X-Men would do something like that with Laura.

Well, she is their little creation after all, so it's a given that they'll try to keep her around. I just hate the fact that you're probably right, and my second favorite X book is getting canceled. As much as I like the idea of X-Force, I'd really prefer that New X-Men continued.

wwtMask on
  • KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm really hoping that Jessica Jones and Luke Cage don't split. I really loved Alias and Pulse.

Kyle

KyleWPeterson on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    On the one hand, X-Force being a small team of badasses kicking ass seems fine.

But!

1) Do we really need Wolverine on yet another team?

2) Do we really need TWO Wolverines on the team?

DarkPrimus on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh dear, the first thing I thought when I opened that spoiler was 'His name is The Captain!!'.

Wildcat on
  • Rey Del AguilaRey Del Aguila __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

But!

Yes. The team is really just Warpath and 3 throwable claw mutants. Three strikes of a fast ball and you're eviscerated.

Rey Del Aguila on
    Because you know who SAID you know what with you know who, let's keep that between me and you.
    edited November 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

But!

Given the solicits and the cover images we are seeing, I think it's pretty clear that Wolverine (and the other X-Force members too) are leaving the "regular" X-teams and dissolving association with them.

Wether he stays a New Avenger or not I can't say.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    Nope, X-Force's members are all still part of their regular teams. They only come together as X-Force for missions, and they're not allowed to tell anyone about where they're going or what they're doing.

wwtMask on
    edited November 2007
    Rahne is clearly leaving X-Factor in that solicit in order to join X-Force instead. Wolverine also looks like he's walking out on Scott and Emma in another cover.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    I'm not so sure about it being a permanent, though. There's a bit last week's X-Position on CBR about the book that sorta addresses this point. http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12374

wwtMask on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Seriously, New X-Men getting the axe is bullshit. The book has been one of the best X-titles around lately.

Ah, well. As long as Pixie and Santo make it out alive I'll deal, I guess.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Do we know New X-Men is getting canceled for sure or is this us getting in a tizzy for no reason?

SatanIsMyMotor on
    edited November 2007
    Well we know that one X-book is ending with Messiah Complex and being replaced with X-Force. The New X-Men writers are wrtining X-Force and there is no New X-Men solicit (while there is one for X-Factor which a lot of people thought might be the book ending).

So it's not confirmed but it looks likely.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm not going to freak out yet but I will have my torch and pitchfork handy if this occurs.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm kind of bothered that Rahne's leaving X-Factor. I've always liked how PAD writes her, and putting her in the hands of the kill-crazy New X-Men writers, in a new series that already seems to be built on a shaky, terribly '90s kind of idea, really worries me.

Munch on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Who is the guy with the mini Cap shield on his shoulder under Warpaths armpit?

Cable has a little Cap's Shield emblem on his shoulder.

DouglasDanger on
    edited November 2007
    Full solicits are up. Oh, and there's gonna be a Black Panther Annual in February. FUCK YES.

EDIT: Holy fuck, there's also gonna be an Orson Randall Iron Fist one shot.

wwtMask on
  • Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Marvel Illustrated: Iliad? Man, that could either be cock-strokingly awesome or brain-rapingly dreadful.

Bob The Monkey on
    edited November 2007
    The Hedge Knight and Sworn Sword minis are pretty good.

I havent looked at any of the other Marvel Illustrated stuff though.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    I actually feel bad about not buying Marvel Illustrated stuff. I mean, there definitely should be more of these kinds of books out there to diversify the market, but I really don't read too many books that aren't superhero books.

wwtMask on
    edited November 2007
    Is anyone reading Captain Marvel? I gave it a pass initially but I do really like Brian Reed.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    The first issue sold out at Diamond, so someone must be buying it.

wwtMask on