As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Domestic

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Domestic

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• NemrexNemrex Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Is this some not too subtle hint that Tycho wants to feast on Gabe's dick?

It wouldn't be the first time, come to think of it.

Nemrex on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I got a "rise of iron," if you know what I'm saying

JtgVX0H.png
  • poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    Dick? Naw
    Tears, oh yeah

• ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    I wonder just how long it took Jerry to come up with the proper spelling for his evil chuckle. Was it an on the fly thing or has he been polishing it for years like Sauron crafting his Silmarils?

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    like Sauron crafting his Silmarils

HYXUHqs.jpg

• GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    It looks like Mike has finally started to futz with Tycho's design. Maybe he got Gabe to a place he liked, and can now focus on the other characters.

• AstralMuffinAstralMuffin Registered User regular
    Sadly this one hits too close to home to be funny to me

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Not familiar with the acronym MLG. Can a young person fill me in?

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »

Major League Gaming

edited September 2016
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Major League Gaming

Oh... I was expecting something more funny and crude.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • RavelleRavelle Registered User regular

Major League Gaming

MLG is the 2016 way of saying you're l33t.

D083uBC.jpg
    Ravelle wrote: »

Major League Gaming

MLG is the 2016 way of saying you're l33t.

Oh dear...

I had thought that it was a typo and it was supposed to read LMG, and that he considered his dick to be a light machine gun.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure this comic was constructed entirely because someone said "my dick is so MLG" and they giggled and decided it should be the punchline of something.

That said, it doesn't make much sense. My dick is OP maybe? Tier 1?

Ooh, it could've been an Overwatch character tier rating joke.

What is this I don't even.
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Gabe goes from tearing up over the possible dissolution of his marriage to a confident dick-based strut in the space of, like, two seconds.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • CEOIIICEOIII Registered User regular
    In Kara's defense, Overwatch.

And this is coming from someone who likes Destiny, and has ROI preordered. Wish I didn't suck at PvP, I'd play Overwatch.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

Major League Gaming

It could also stand for Men Lacking Girlfriends

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I wonder just how long it took Jerry to come up with the proper spelling for his evil chuckle. Was it an on the fly thing or has he been polishing it for years like Sauron crafting his Silmarils?

Fëanor goddammit! Fëanor!

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

Can't have been a long road to walk; he started with "nom", an onomatopoeia for messily eating something delicious.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular

In no way is that a chuckle sound. That is the sound made when feasting on sorrow as any fule kno.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular

No one else is gonna step in here?

Fine.

Sauron did not craft the Silmarils. You're probably thinking of Morgoth, who was once Melkor, the Great Enemy to whom Sauron was a mere lieutenant. However, while youd then be closer, you'd still be incorrect. It was the Elf Feanor who crafted the Silmarils to capture the light of the Two Trees in Valinor. Morgoth became obsessed with possesing them and eventually stole them - which is what lead to the Elves leaving Valinor and basically every awful thing that happened from then on.

• wallywestwallywest Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Sauron did not craft the Silmarils. You're probably thinking of Morgoth, who was once Melkor, the Great Enemy to whom Sauron was a mere lieutenant. However, while youd then be closer, you'd still be incorrect. It was the Elf Feanor who crafted the Silmarils to capture the light of the Two Trees in Valinor. Morgoth became obsessed with possesing them and eventually stole them - which is what lead to the Elves leaving Valinor and basically every awful thing that happened from then on.

I think I got my virginity back from reading that. Thanks.

wallywest on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I'm having a hard time convincing my brain that this isn't an edited version of a real strip. I think it's mostly the font that's doing it, but the dialog also kind of has the same sort of punchiness.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

dennis wrote: »
    like Sauron crafting his Silmarils

HYXUHqs.jpg

Fëanor goddammit! Fëanor!

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

Fine.

And in doing so, and then refusing to part with them when their destruction could have saved the Trees of Valinor, and then letting his thirst for revenge for their theft consume him utterly, more or less caused everything else that would come later.

If you ever feel like a complete fuckup, take heart - no matter how much of a disaster you have caused, no matter how many lives you ruin, you can at least take consolation on this one fact: you will never fuck up as hard as Fëanor son of Finwë fucked up.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    If you ever feel like a complete fuckup, take heart - no matter how much of a disaster you have caused, no matter how many lives you ruin, you can at least take consolation on this one fact: you will never fuck up as hard as Fëanor son of Finwë fucked up.

That might have been true before I bought the Sawzall...

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Drascin wrote: »

Fine.

And in doing so, and then refusing to part with them when their destruction could have saved the Trees of Valinor, and then letting his thirst for revenge for their theft consume him utterly, more or less caused everything else that would come later.

You have no idea what I'm capable of.

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    your a hedge hog so we know exactly what your capable of. What are hedge hogs capable of? Other than running really really fast.

shadowysea07 on
  • shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    "That might have been true before I bought the Sawzall..."
    xD

• HelicaonHelicaon Registered User regular
    your a hedge hog so we know exactly what your capable of. What are hedge hogs capable of? Other than running really really fast.

they're really noisy when they're shagging....