As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Legend of [Phalla] - Game Over. The Village Wins.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    cantide for reasons

What are your reasons

• MartossMartoss Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Yeah, can't say I blame you guys. My voting instincts have been below abysmal, and the only thing I have going for me was that I've been working with Premium privately.

You're welcome for helping getting the Triforce completed though.

Do we have any reason to think a mafia could fake this kind of behavior? Even if mafia could enter dungeons and earn triforce pieces, I find it unlikely that they would give their pieces away.

So, maybe Matev then?

If they didn't give their pieces away when i told them to then i would kill them or make you guys vote them out
    The only argument i have against voting out matev is that he was perhaps too inactive

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Cantide because I'm willing to accept raiden's reasoning. Or I guess die tomorrow if he shows up mafia.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Matev more than Raiden, but both are suspicious.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Vote closes in an hour

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Phew busy day today!

Anyone have an updated count?

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I guess i can just look :P

Out of the options today I'm most curious about Cantide

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    I dont have a count but id rather matev over cantide

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Raiden, work's been abnormally busy lately and it's been eating a lot of my processing power. That said, et tu Premium? How can you ask for my help and then turn like that?

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Vote closed. Results pending.

edited September 2016
    The End

Everyone gathered at Spectacle Rock now that it had opened. But, the tension of the previous days hadn't lessened at this point. When they all got there, a fight broke out almost immediately. No one trusted one another, and even though they were on the pinnacle of challenging Ganon and attempting to restore piece to Hyrule, they each were unwilling to just sit back.

And so, when the dust cleared, Matev (Patra), Grunt's Ghosts (Digdogger), Martoss, and MamaWolf all lay lifeless on the ground.

While this was happening, Cantide, Cythraul, and Corvidae slipped into the dungeon. They fought their way, room through room, until they were face to face with their ultimate enemy, Ganon. It was a viscious fight, but in the end, he lay defeated at their feet, and they were able to return the Triforce of Power to the castle and free Princess Zelda. Finally, Hyrule was free.

Player Deaths:
    Matev - The Vote
    Martoss - Beat Down!
    Grunt's Ghosts - Assassinated!
    Martoss - Swarmed!

Game Over. Village Wins.

ga9Syd3.png?1

AustinP0027 on
    First and foremost, I want to say thank you to everyone for playing. Second game hosting, first non-vanilla game.

For a little backstory, I originally started designing this game as a “Link to the Past” game. As I got into that design, however, I realized that there were too many components that I didn’t know if they even worked at a base level, so I wanted to try out the dungeon crawling + Attacking offering first, so simplified the game.

Now, into Host Thoughts:

1. The mafia was clearly underpowered. My last game, mafia was overpowered, so I overcorrected too much on this one. At a minimum, I should have given higher starting stats, and likely would add different powers to mafia if I were to run a Zelda game again. I sincerely apologize to the mafia group, as it was clear it caused a lot of frustration on your end. I shared those frustrations, because I realized two days in what I had done, but couldn’t change anything at that point. I’m sorry.

2. The village aim was impressive. Day 1 vote taking out Mafia, Premium Vigging Mafia on Day 2, Locus hitting mafia with seer on Days 3 and 5. With that alone the mafia was in a tough place, and with the crappy balance I put on them, this game was pretty much unwinnable for them from somewhere around day 2 or 3.

3. Location naming needs to be super unique. Lake Hyrule was Lake Hyrule and Lake Hylia in my notes, so the image has Lake Hylia and the text has Lake Hyrule. This led to me misunderstanding a good many explore orders, and having to correct a lot of PMs.

Inspired by Ahava, I started a host diary, but got sick over the weekend and didn’t keep doing it. It was mostly me wondering if discrider was actually mafia and somehow I just didn’t know it, as well as commenting about how the Legend of Zelda theme song kept playing in my head every day and how I was starting to look at the flower pots around my house oddly. Now that can all finally go away….

Again, thanks all for playing.

• CantideCantide Registered User regular
    Three people whose names all begin with C? Triforce of courage confirmed!

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Sorry Martoss! Premium asked me to attack you, I assumed he knew something I didn't. (edit: I mean you would have died anyway, but still. :P )

Thanks to Austin for running a pretty interesting game. I'm sorry I had low participation, but I tend to get more and more quiet when I keep fucking up and making bad vote decisions.

I TOLD YOU GUYS I WASN'T EVIL!

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    Hat trick finish!

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Work and some other events really did put me borderline inactive this game (In addition to the times when people were active), but yah, definitely not a fun game to be the mafia in. Thanks for running though Austin, I definitely learned from this.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Poor ObiFett
    At one point on day 1 he was tied for the vote, i had orders in to kill him, and the mafis had orders to kill him

Thanks for running the game austin

• MartossMartoss Registered User regular
    Heh. Don't know why I warranted getting attacked at this point, but better safe than sorry. At least I helped deliver a few triforce pieces before my demise.

Thanks for the game Austin. It's always more fun when vanillagers get something to do besides just voting. Felt a little lost bumbling around the dungeons not knowing which items to bring, but it was good to still feel like I could contribute.

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Good game, sorry I pooped out due to illness. Thanks for running, Austin. :+1:

edited September 2016
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Sorry Martoss! Premium asked me to attack you, I assumed he knew something I didn't. (edit: I mean you would have died anyway, but still. :P )

I wasn't sure about matev being mafia so i had the remaining villagers who werent going to the dungeon attack another suspect

premium on
  • corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    High five to Ceal team Cix!

Thanks for running Austin. I'll gave some more commentts later when I'm not on mobile.

Special thanks to locus for damn good seering and schuss for keeping me alive

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Fun game! Do you have a list of all the items and exploration results?

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    Maybe talking makes you a target for the mafia, but not talking is a good way to end up looking suspicious yourself if you do manage to survive to the end of the game
    Talking more is just better for the village.

Yeah there was really no reason for the village not to talk this game. Mafia was unable to take anyone out at all. I mean in 24 days we would have killed you all, assuming we weren't on a clock.
    Martoss wrote: »
    I don't know if premium has any special info and is just playing it cool, or really is just making a gut vote, but WACriminal works for me either way.

I almost thought about voting Cythraul again after realizing it was a mafia who talked me out of voting that way. But it's not like Cythraul was in any danger at that point, so I feel like 38thDoe must have just jumped on the chance to call out a bad vote when he saw one. Which would be a pretty safe move to make after making a conspicuous vote switch the night before, regardless of whether Cythraul is mafia or not.

I would have called you on that even if I was village. I didn't actually do anything I wouldn't have done as village the entire game, so I guess bad timing on being mafia.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

premium wrote: »
    Special thanks to locus for damn good seering and schuss for keeping me alive

lol, those were the 2 I was literally just starting to suspect as remaining mafia when I was on the chopping block

Here it is.
    Lake Hyrule - The Eagle
    Item - Boomerang
    Secret Item - Red Ring (requires Bombs)

Eastern Woods - The Moon
    Item - Bombs
    Secret Item - Magical Sword (Book of Magic)

Western Forest - The Manji
    Item - Raft
    Secret Item - Bow (requires Shield)

Lake Hylia Island - The Snake
    Access requires Raft
    Item - White Sword
    Secret Item - Full Heart Container (requires Boomerang)

Lost Hills - The Lizard
    Item - Recorder
    Secret Item - Life Potion (requires Bow)

Graveyard - The Dragon
    Item - Red Candle
    Secret Item - Magical Sword (requires Book of Magic)

Western Hyrule - The Demon
    Access requires Recorder
    Item - Shield

Dead End - The Lion
    Access requires Red Candle
    Item - Book of Magic

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I suppose some part of my frustration is that I worked really really hard on the proboards for this one, and then was killed. Not like we had much conversation there anyways but I thought they looked cool. When you had new posts the armos statue came to life.

http://doyoulikelikeme.proboards.com/

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited September 2016
    Burnage wrote: »
    Fun game! Do you have a list of all the items and exploration results?

This is what we found:

Lake Hyrule: Boomerang, If you bring the bomb, Red Ring (+1 def)
    Western Forest: Raft
    Eastern Woods: Bomb , Bring Book of Magic, get Magic Sword (+2 att)
    Graveyard: Red Candle
    Lost Hills: Recorder
    Dead End: Book of Magic
    Lake Hylia Island: White Sword (+1 att) bring boomerang to get heart container (+2 health)
    Western Hyrule: Shield

premium on
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I suppose some part of my frustration is that I worked really really hard on the proboards for this one, and then was killed. Not like we had much conversation there anyways but I thought they looked cool. When you had new posts the armos statue came to life.

http://doyoulikelikeme.proboards.com/

As someone who is a proud participator in the honored tradition of coming up with witty names for mafia proboard urls, <3

Never figured out what the shield did though

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    @AustinP0027 This was really fun and I really enjoyed playing!! Thank you so much!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Here it is.
    Lake Hyrule - The Eagle
    Item - Boomerang
    Secret Item - Red Ring (requires Bombs)

Eastern Woods - The Moon
    Item - Bombs
    Secret Item - Magical Sword (Book of Magic)

Western Forest - The Manji
    Item - Raft
    Secret Item - Bow (requires Shield)

Lake Hylia Island - The Snake
    Access requires Raft
    Item - White Sword
    Secret Item - Full Heart Container (requires Boomerang)

Lost Hills - The Lizard
    Item - Recorder
    Secret Item - Life Potion (requires Bow)

Graveyard - The Dragon
    Item - Red Candle
    Secret Item - Magical Sword (requires Book of Magic)

Western Hyrule - The Demon
    Access requires Recorder
    Item - Shield

Dead End - The Lion
    Access requires Red Candle
    Item - Book of Magic

I explored the Graveyard with the shield equipped, and the Western Forest with the Book of Magic equipped. :(

@AustinP0027 Thanks for running this game. I have some thoughts on the balance.

The exploration mini-game seemed fun, but was an additional means to confirm villagers since mafia couldn't get or trade triforce parts. This was basically an un-killable seer for the village. In addition you gave the village an additional way to win, but didn't allow the mafia to mess with it at all. Having the ability to steal triforce parts, or block someone's actions, steal items, imprison them, something would have been great, as it stood, it was inevitable victory.

Only one kill in a 30 person game is pretty tough. Maybe if the village didn't have a vig or seer or guard that might work? I'm not sure. Standard game seems to be vig, seer, guard, 2 mafia kills for 30. Our only hope was to not explore and just attack every turn, but mr.t dying early prevented us from even having a second kill. Plus if we didn't explore we didn't really have cover to talk to people. Also we didn't know if there would be extra defense, or fairies or whatnot to bring people back to life.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Was there more stuff going on in the background? This one seemed kinda thin on the daily postings (I was trying to follow somewhat given my status as a reserve), so I assume most of the game was played in PMs.

I kind of have to agree that the mafia should have been able to gain and trade triforce pieces as a risky gambit to be considered.

Assuran wrote: »
    Was there more stuff going on in the background? This one seemed kinda thin on the daily postings (I was trying to follow somewhat given my status as a reserve), so I assume most of the game was played in PMs.

My strategy, as a vanilla link who kept being totally incorrect in who I thought was evil every day, was to just try to stay quiet and in the background, exploring and collecting as many items and triforce pieces as possible, and updating premium every day with what I got and what info I'd learned.

Which, while probably not a good strategy for most games, seems to have shaken out.

edited September 2016
    38thDoe wrote: »
    @AustinP0027 Thanks for running this game. I have some thoughts on the balance.

The exploration mini-game seemed fun, but was an additional means to confirm villagers since mafia couldn't get or trade triforce parts. This was basically an un-killable seer for the village. In addition you gave the village an additional way to win, but didn't allow the mafia to mess with it at all. Having the ability to steal triforce parts, or block someone's actions, steal items, imprison them, something would have been great, as it stood, it was inevitable victory.

Only one kill in a 30 person game is pretty tough. Maybe if the village didn't have a vig or seer or guard that might work? I'm not sure. Standard game seems to be vig, seer, guard, 2 mafia kills for 30. Our only hope was to not explore and just attack every turn, but mr.t dying early prevented us from even having a second kill. Plus if we didn't explore we didn't really have cover to talk to people. Also we didn't know if there would be extra defense, or fairies or whatnot to bring people back to life.

Yep, if I ever finish the Link to the Past game, I would definitely give out abilities to the mafia instead of only giving them the ability to attack to impede the progress.

I should have upped the attack levels also. I intended on your second kill being done via attack but when Mr T died, that went to crap.

I think in the future, I would limit the reliance on Triforce type items as a means of getting to end game, and instead use them more as items that move the game to a new phase. Phases push towards end game but it's less chance that everyone would trade (I also think removing trading might also help).

AustinP0027 on
    Assuran wrote: »

I have hundreds of pms, not sure if many others were chatty behind the scenes