As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hanging posters (solved)

kitchkitch Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
I've heard of this putty type stuff you can use to hang posters, but I don't know what it is called.

Anyone know what this stuff is (and where I can get some)?

kitch on

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sticky Tack?

I used to see this used around my grade school a lot. Works with very lightweight stuff, but I wouldn't count on it holding anything heavy (like a poster in a glass frame)

Best used with laminated paper/posters

JAEF on
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    You'll find some types of sticky tack/tac more effective than others. Sticky Tack itself, I think, works pretty well. The blue kind at Office Depot sucks ass. Most white kinds are weaker... though I really like UHU tac. That one's good.

... Working as an RA, need to hang a tonnage of stuff in the halls...

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    kitchkitch Registered User regular
    edited November 2006

kitch on
  • Options
    PkErthbndPkErthbnd Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    3M has some really neat tabs out now that allow you to stick them directly to the wall and they peel off without any fuss or mess. They also make hooks, which I'm currently using to hold up many a framed poster.

PkErthbnd on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    PkErthbnd wrote:
    3M has some really neat tabs out now that allow you to stick them directly to the wall and they peel off without any fuss or mess. They also make hooks, which I'm currently using to hold up many a framed poster.

Command Adhesive are a temporary-sticking solution from Heaven/Valhalla.

MichaelLC on
This discussion has been closed.