As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Paracusia

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Paracusia

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    Reads kind of weird with "those things"... needs more emphasis on things or something, I thought at first he meant "things like what I mentioned before".

• SkizzSkizz Registered User regular
    Are they really trying to get us to pronounce "Eyre" as "Yire"?

I will get right on that, after reading Jane Eyre at Lake Eyre, which is a long drive on the Eyre Highway, although well away from the Eyre Penninsula. I will be trying to forget about studying the great explorer and Governer of Jamacia - Edward Eyre. No good, sorry. Eyre is pronounced "Air".

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Heh. This hits close to home. I had a similar version of this discussion with my father a few weeks ago. In his words: "So that's why you didn't have any kids."

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Yirewood?
    TrishaYearwood-TrishaYearwood.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Skizz wrote: »

I will get right on that, after reading Jane Eyre at Lake Eyre, which is a long drive on the Eyre Highway, although well away from the Eyre Penninsula. I will be trying to forget about studying the great explorer and Governer of Jamacia - Edward Eyre. No good, sorry. Eyre is pronounced "Air".

His father mispronouncing it is part of the joke.

• ShellbackShellback Registered User regular
    This is a very accurate representation of what it's like being a creative-type pokemon. I mean person.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Quid wrote: »
    Skizz wrote: »

His father mispronouncing it is part of the joke.

The Eyrewood is pronounced ire wood though.

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    As someone who basically stopped writing once the bills and job started, this is kind of depressing. How do the rest of you creative Pokemon handle it?

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    You have to dedicate a particular time to it

Tube wrote: »
    You have to dedicate a particular time to it
    Pretty much this. For me, it's 400-600 words a day, no matter what, even if it gets re-written later down the line. Just get something on the page. Make the time.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Time is hard, but it's even harder finding energy, and...heart I guess? As an introvert working a customer-facing job, I get home and have a hard time summoning the spirit to get words on a page. I want to do it, but while I love writing and have a story I want to tell, actually composing is still really hard work. When other people talk about ideas just flowing onto the page it makes me wonder if I'm not creative after all, since it seems so difficult to motivate myself. But I have been making myself at least try on my day off, which i guess is a start.

Time is hard, but it's even harder finding energy, and...heart I guess? As an introvert working a customer-facing job, I get home and have a hard time summoning the spirit to get words on a page. I want to do it, but while I love writing and have a story I want to tell, actually composing is still really hard work. When other people talk about ideas just flowing onto the page it makes me wonder if I'm not creative after all, since it seems so difficult to motivate myself. But I have been making myself at least try on my day off, which i guess is a start.

I feel you, man. Not every day is a "win" while writing. Some days, I'm lucky to get a page. Some days, I'm rewriting something old to make it read better. Some times, a day's work get's thrown out because it takes too much work to get it to fit into the flow of the story. It's not about not being creative, but sometimes the spark isn't there.

I have the benefit of being a telecommuter, so I can leave an open text file for when the moment hits me. Even then, I'm not striking gold, but copper.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg