As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Literally everybody is rerolling Demon Hunter [SE++ WoW]

19495969798100»

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    is it still as bad as it was in WoD?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    so tried this shockadin thing out for myself by tweaking a few talents and spent a little AP into my weapon

173k on god king skovald

only did 32k hps though, where the tank did 83k, and the warrior did 23k, so basically not healing (just using dawn when nothing else to use, maybe a few tank holy shocks)

but i could see it being semi-useful in raids primarily as dps, but they get to effectively act as a raid cooldown during periods of heavy damage where they just heal instead of dps.

once your wings end it's pretty safe to start spending globals on healing as appropriate. the goal is to spend your entire wings farming for holy shocks

what I do is pre-Tyr's Deliverance the tank on the pull, which is usually enough and it also increases the power of their own self heals. If for some reason they still need healing in that window of time, the cone heal is really good

i think the problem is that ultimately its not enough healing in difficult 5 mans. in heroics where the tank can heal themselves for most of the damage, and LoD + BoV can top up the group its totally fine since you're only intermittently using globals, but in mythics you cannot get a full wings rotation to dps, lucky if you get half (depending on encounter). in raids it might work as a half step

but its definitely a way more fun way of doing daily heroics, and will probably be very useful come mythic+ to get those times down

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Dedpuppy wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    The starlight rose dust apparently auctions for the same price as starlight rose on my server

People be stupid

The rose dust is used to summon the mob to get rank 3 of starlight rose gathering, so it is valuable if you didnt keep 20 around. Or if you have an addon that autosells your junk.
    I did not know that. Better stock up i guess.
    leystone ore is 20g a piece on my server.

starlight rose (which is the herb in suramar) is 98g a piece.

Can you really compare those directly since i don't think leystone is suramar only like the roses are.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    leystone? leystone is a common ore, it's everywhere, the ores aren't zone-based. Felslate, the rare ore, just shows up about 1 in 5 nodes or something like that, the rest are leystone.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    so tried this shockadin thing out for myself by tweaking a few talents and spent a little AP into my weapon

173k on god king skovald

only did 32k hps though, where the tank did 83k, and the warrior did 23k, so basically not healing (just using dawn when nothing else to use, maybe a few tank holy shocks)

but i could see it being semi-useful in raids primarily as dps, but they get to effectively act as a raid cooldown during periods of heavy damage where they just heal instead of dps.

once your wings end it's pretty safe to start spending globals on healing as appropriate. the goal is to spend your entire wings farming for holy shocks

what I do is pre-Tyr's Deliverance the tank on the pull, which is usually enough and it also increases the power of their own self heals. If for some reason they still need healing in that window of time, the cone heal is really good

i think the problem is that ultimately its not enough healing in difficult 5 mans. in heroics where the tank can heal themselves for most of the damage, and LoD + BoV can top up the group its totally fine since you're only intermittently using globals, but in mythics you cannot get a full wings rotation to dps, lucky if you get half (depending on encounter). in raids it might work as a half step

but its definitely a way more fun way of doing daily heroics, and will probably be very useful come mythic+ to get those times down

yeah you probably can't do it in most mythics without well geared friends, but even what you *can* accomplish is still really good and useful compared to basically any healer in the history of the game

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Marathon wrote: »
    Herbalism or mining, either one you'll come across them while you're out questing

which would make me more gold?

For what it's worth, leather doesn't sell well at all, and with multitapping you have to rely on everyone else looting too before you can skin something. Which frequently doesn't happen.

I bet you still can't have track herb+ore up at the same time though, so having to switch those is probably still more hassle than it would be worth, and so would want to stick with skinning anyway. It sucks, though.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Marathon wrote: »
    Herbalism or mining, either one you'll come across them while you're out questing

which would make me more gold?

For what it's worth, leather doesn't sell well at all, and with multitapping you have to rely on everyone else looting too before you can skin something. Which frequently doesn't happen.

I bet you still can't have track herb+ore up at the same time though, so having to switch those is probably still more hassle than it would be worth, and so would want to stick with skinning anyway. It sucks, though.

I wonder if there is an addon for that

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    the real money is in goblin gliders

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    source: I am a goblin

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Felhide sells really well on my server. About 3k per vs about 800 for felwort.

Speaking of herbalism and alchemy, even though i harvested my own herbs i was really salty about the 40 potions quest. On my server that much starlight rose was worth 14k, and that's before accounting for the rest of the required herbs. And then the stupid trainer just keeps it all.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    On the bright side of alchemy I crack my meat pet open today

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    is it still as bad as it was in WoD?

it's drastically more difficult to play optimally now. savage roar's max duration at 5 combo points is 24 seconds, down from 42 seconds in wod, and in wod you could use the glyph of savage roar to get a free max duration roar at the start of a fight, but that's gone now. the other talent you should take, jagged wounds, makes it so rip and rake expire 33% faster, so now they need to be reapplied much more often as well. with that you still need to contend with using bloodtalons, which is a difficult talent to explain how to use optimally, but i hated the playstyle it required so i much i used a sub-optimal 100 talent in wod. so you get to have all the frustration of bloodtalons while making energy management and staring at timers much more annoying.

but since i ain't going to raid on my druid i'm just using king of the jungle instead of savage roar and moment of clarity instead of bloodtalons, kiss my @$$ blizzard

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I dunno who $$ is, Zay, but you shouldn't mention him for no reason.

This discussion has been closed.