As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Supernatural [Phalla]Day 8: Victory, but at what cost?[GAME OVER]

MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
edited September 2016 in Critical Failures
supernatural-backgrounds-images-art-photos.jpg

”Saving people, hunting things. The family business.”

Do you remember being a kid? Being afraid of every little noise outside your window at night? Maybe it was a werewolf or a vampire just waiting for the right moment to pounce. You'd scream and your mom or dad or big brother would come in and tell you that there's nothing out there. There's nothing to be afraid of, because monsters aren't real.

They lied to you.

Vampires roam the highways, always on the hunt for lost, lonely travelers. The restless spirits of the unquiet dead haunt the places they spent their final moments in life. The old gods, long forgotten by man, eke out a living by feeding on the unwary. Oh, yeah. The monsters are real.

You asked what being a hunter means? It means being the only one with brass balls enough to stand between humanity and every rotten, undead son of a bitch who wants to take a bite out of us. It means hearing something go bump in the night and you bump back. It means making sure all those kids out there never find out just how wrong their parents are.

Welcome to the front lines, son. Get yourself a nice, sturdy journal. You'll need it.

Welcome to the Supernatural Phalla! The standard Phalla rules (link here) apply. I'm your host, MamaWolf! I'll be running this game with assistance from the lovely and very talented Green, who also generously put together this OP!

This game is based on the CW show Supernatural! If you haven't started watching it yet, whyyyyy noooot?! Knowledge of the show isn't required to play, but it will definitely make the experience better. Spoilers for earlier seasons abound, though nothing from the last two or three seasons as far as I know.

Sample PM
Congratulations you are a fellow hunter. You are part of the ‘family business’ now Your mission is to destroy the demons that are trying to overtake the world. Each night you vote in red for someone to kill off.

You win when all demons and Lucifer are killed.

Rules Clarifications

Standard Phalla Rules
Don't share your role PMs, idjits! Paraphrasing is okay, direct copy/pasting is not. If you die, you get a final ghost post (don't share sensitive game knowledge though!) and that's it. No anonymous contact! If you reach out to someone, they have to know it's you.

Number of Players
The number of players caps at 30, but reserves are always welcome!

Activity Requirements
All players must make at least two posts (including a village vote) in the thread per day, in addition to sending in any special actions. Failure to meet activity requirements once will result in a public warning, twice will mark that player as inactive and they'll be replaced with a reserve player if possible.

Messaging/Seperate Boards
Please include MamaWolf in any PM conversations you start with regards to the game, and link me to any seperate boards that may be created.

Signing up is as easy as posting !sign up or !reserve below. The public elimination vote closes each day at 11 PM EST / 10 PM CT / 8 PM PT.
Green wrote: »
A clarification, because some people have expressed confusion. Everyone received the Villager PM, they were sent out in batches of 10 to expedite the process.
MamaWolf wrote: »
Egos wrote: »
What happens in the event of a tie ?

Clarification denied
38thDoe wrote: »
Can clarification requests be copied to the OP?

Will do
kime wrote: »
Gizzy wrote: »
Fry claimed an actual power? What?

He claimed to be able to kill himself, and it's supposed to benefit the village when he does so, but he didn't specify how.

Then why doesn't he just do so tonight, then we vote him tomorrow if he's alive?

That's probably the best solution although if vote comes first he probably won't have the chance. Wait does vote come first?

Votes take place after specials/actions.
Fry claimed an actual power? What?

He claimed to be able to kill himself, and it's supposed to benefit the village when he does so, but he didn't specify how.

Then why doesn't he just do so tonight, then we vote him tomorrow if he's alive?

That's probably the best solution although if vote comes first he probably won't have the chance. Wait does vote come first?

Votes take place after specials/actions.

That's interesting, though.

Trickle? As in, if the top-place dies due to some other kill, what happens to the vote? Does the second-place die instead, or does the vote double-tap the dead person?

Vote would doubletap
discrider wrote: »
Does the guard guard against the vote?

Yes
Just to clarify. Even though votes are after specials/actions, all votes made on public thread count toward village kill.
Today's vote will end at 11pm EST. Do people want Saturday and Sunday to be combined as 1 day? Or two separate days?
Vote will close tonight at 11pm EST, as stated earlier. Saturday and Sunday will be combined into a long day.
Also, as a friendly reminder to specials, please don't forget to place your orders in, if you want to use it.
Are there conversions?

no conversions.
So is this a kill off the other mafia first situation or?

Probably. But we have to try, and then we have to get someone else in second place in case that's how it will work. Vote doesn't trickle if the first place person dies, but that doesn't mean there's no other special trickle mechanics.

Actually...

Are there any ways for the vote to kill the second-place winner?

No, the public vote will not kill off the second-place.
How reliable are the narrations? As in, will they be giving us hints as to what happened that night and what mechanics exist in the game? Or is it entirely fluff, for fun?

Narration can hint at things in the game.
Are the colors of the cause-of-deaths yesterday correct?

Clarification Denied. From this point one any questions about game mechanics the answer is going to be "Clarification Denied", we need to keep the game moving.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
MamaWolf on

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Player list:
    1. Auralynx
    2. Void Slayer
    3. AustinP0027
    4. Raiden333
    5. discrider
    6. WACriminal
    7. Grunt's Ghosts
    8. JusticeforPluto
    9. Kime
    10. Enlightenedbum
    11. Corvidae
    12. Premium
    13. JPants
    14. Moridin889
    15. Preda
    16. Cythraul
    17. Trust
    18. Gizzy
    19. Fry
    20. Egos
    21. Brody
    22. 38thDoe
    23. Kilnaga
    24. Martoss
    25. MagicPrime
    26. Virgil_Leads_You
    27. chamberlain
    28. Sir Fabulous
    29. cj iwakura
    30. Retaba

Reserves
    1. jdarksun

MamaWolf on
    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Ok, but can we go back to hunting ghosts?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I've seen a few episodes of this (mostly while in a hotel room on vacation). I'm pretty sure that makes me a ghost/angel/monster expert.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    The monsters arn't real my shotgun will protect me the monsters arn't real my shotgun will protect me the monsters arn't real my shotgun will protect me

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    My internet exposure to this indicates that enjoying pie is a big part of the show. I approve.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I only watched the first few seasons and fell off when it got super plot-heavy instead of being monster of the week, but Dibs on being that old chubby dude who helps out Sam and Dean all the time

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I at least remember when I was a kid and my bed was going to eat me and I was going to poop all my organs out.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Phalla on, my wayward son.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Carry On, My Own Wayward Son!
    There'll Be Peace When You Are Done.
    Lay Your Weary Head To Rest
    Don't You Cry No More!!!

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Sure why not...

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    My internet exposure to this indicates that enjoying pie is a big part of the show. I approve.

200_s.gif

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Spoilers abound eh? I guess I should probably skip in case I ever watch this ._.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    This is the correct post to copy for my sign up

Carry On, My Own Wayward Son!
    There'll Be Peace When You Are Done.
    Lay Your Weary Head To Rest
    Don't You Cry No More!!!

Steam profile
  • Options
    Spoilers abound eh? I guess I should probably skip in case I ever watch this ._.

It's just a few characters. Nothing Plot relevant.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    signup

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    i walk in shadows

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I only watched the first few seasons and fell off when it got super plot-heavy instead of being monster of the week, but Dibs on being that old chubby dude who helps out Sam and Dean all the time

You mean Bobby. You idjit.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Oh hell yeah

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Ghost! Ghostfacers!
    We face the ghosts when others will not, we're-
    Ghost! Ghostfacers!
    Stay in the kitchen when the kitchen gets hot!
    Ghost! Ghostfacers!
    We face the nightmare, we face the dread!
    Ghost! Ghostfacers!
    We face the faceless--WE FACE THE DEAD!

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I love the episode (Season 6, Episode 15)
    When Sam and Dean are in our world, where their lives are the TV Show Supernatural and they tell Robert Singer that naming a character after himself makes him a douche.

Also, can I not get day one'd for being a ghost? I'm like Caspar, except angry and smartassy.

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    The best episode is the one with Heat of the Moment in it.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    A MamaWolf game? Neat!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    Sure, why not.

We Stand Ready
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Gizzy

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Would you like for us to also include Green in all of our PMs?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Would you like for us to also include Green in all of our PMs?

Green does not need to be included in PMs.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Can we include Green in all of our PMs anyway to blow up his inbox? :D

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Can we include Green in all of our PMs anyway to blow up his inbox? :D

If you want to include him, by all means DO IT!!
    supernatural-the-best-quotes-from-dean-sam-castiel-crowley-and-bobby-344642.jpg

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    But Deeeeeeean...

It's just a few characters. Nothing Plot relevant.
    I mean, the sample villager PM kind of hints at the outcome of Season 3. :P

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Call me Dick

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUTF0zosevo
    I will post this clip whenever I have an excuse

• Options
    Clip Spoilers
    Why did they have to kill her? I love Felicia Day!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I am unable to not click spoilers.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Then it is your fault for being spoiled. We did what we could but not everyone can be saved.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I am unable to not click spoilers.

This is why we can't have nice things!

Why do you people keep calling Dean Sam.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Yay!! I only need nine more people so far!! Hopefully this goes well!!!

• Options
    *shrug*

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    A wild Kilnaga emerges!

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    A wild Kilnaga emerges!

I use Hypnosis!

Steam profile