As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Obama: Not just a pretty face?

124»

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Reagon was a Goldwater conservative.

Goldwater really had damn near nothing to say about social issues. If anything he was closer to Libertarian in this respect.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Shinto wrote:
    I'm not particularily worried about the 34% that hasn't heard of him (How many people heard of John Kerry pre-04?)

I'm not disputing your overall point, but anyone paying attention during the 1992 primary knows who John Kerry was. He ran for president then also.

He did? Why didn't he run in 2000, then? Or did he, but he was so buried by Gore and Bradley (man, did he drop off the face of the Earth,) that he was considered irrelevent? I suppose everyone just assumed Gore, as the vice president to a relatively popular president, would be a shoe-in that year.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sam wrote:
    Obama is too young.
    No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. (born August 4, 1961) is the junior U.S. Senator from Illinois.
    2006 - 1961 = 45

...I'm thinkin' you're wrong.

JFK was younger, incidentally.
    Bill Clinton was younger when he took office than Obama would be if he took office.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    BlackDog85BlackDog85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Reagon was a Goldwater conservative.

Goldwater really had damn near nothing to say about social issues. If anything he was closer to Libertarian in this respect.

Reagan wasn't that much of a Goldwater conservative, although he certainly followed many aspects of Goldwater's philosophies.

What Reagan did that Goldwater hated was heavily bringing faith/religion into politics (i.e. doing campaign stops at megachurches, etc.).

Those numbers with "Would you definately/maybe/maybe not/definately not vote for Persons X, Y, and Z" really can't be taken too seriously, obviously, as the field of candidates for 2008 hasn't even presented itself fully as of yet.

BlackDog85 on
    KeithBeKnives.png
    Wii Code: 5700 4466 3616 6981 (PM if y'all add me)
  • Options
    mccmcc glitch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    titmouse wrote:
    Shinto wrote:
    I'm not particularily worried about the 34% that hasn't heard of him (How many people heard of John Kerry pre-04?)

I'm not disputing your overall point, but anyone paying attention during the 1992 primary knows who John Kerry was. He ran for president then also.
    How many people payed attention during the 1992 primary?
    I was not following the Democratic primaries, however I attended the Republican National Convention because my parents had tickets and made me come along. I was nine years old. I did not support Bush in that election and made a couple of Ross Perot for President signs on manilla construction paper to hold up, hoping to make an impact in whatever small way I could. I also brought along a sack of potatoes in case I ran into Dan Quayle. I have no clear memories of the event itself except for the point at which I realized that my little manilla signs were not very legible considering I was right next to people holding up eight-foot professionally printed BUSH-QUAYLE posters, and I remember thinking I should have used permanent marker instead of pen. I also remember that Arnold Schwarzenegger came up and gave a speech and I found that kind of strange at the time.

This is a true story.

mcc on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2006
    mcc wrote:
    titmouse wrote:
    Shinto wrote:

How many people payed attention during the 1992 primary?
    I was not following the Democratic primaries, however I attended the Republican National Convention because my parents had tickets and made me come along. I was nine years old. I did not support Bush in that election and made a couple of Ross Perot for President signs on manilla construction paper to hold up, hoping to make an impact in whatever small way I could. I also brought along a sack of potatoes in case I ran into Dan Quayle. I have no clear memories of the event itself except for the point at which I realized that my little manilla signs were not very legible considering I was right next to people holding up eight-foot professionally printed BUSH-QUAYLE posters, and I remember thinking I should have used permanent marker instead of pen. I also remember that Arnold Schwarzenegger came up and gave a speech and I found that kind of strange at the time.

This is a true story.

You are 25 years old? You should run for Congress!

Unknown User on