As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

"Bad" Food Thread: Episode III - Revenge of the Melt

19495969798100»

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    OH MY GOD @Kakodaimonos WE ARE SOULMATES NOW YESSS

It shall be the most glorious meal! I can use this recipe from Great Ways with Ground Meat!

0yYqnMv.jpg

e: it's got a whole cauliflower in, look at it

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    What in the fuck

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    The thing is that roasted and/or mashed cauliflower is a great side for something like a meatloaf.

So in theory that sorta kinda works? And yet...

• CampyCampy Registered User regular
    I love the side serving of another cauliflower in case you didn't have enough already.

• RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    Ignore the weird-ass jello/aspic thing going on in the background. Behold the artistry of meatloaf and mashed potatoes:

2F87096A00000578-3367650-image-m-54_1450621476775.jpg

Isn't that adorable? I would've eaten the hell out of that when I was a kid. Still would probably.

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    It's like what aliens would do with human food.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    SCREEEE *CHITTER*

enhanced-buzz-29923-1389221713-35.jpg

SCRAAAAAWWW *HISSS*

• KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    @lost salient It will be a grand dinner party. Forged in blood and aspic. Lots of aspic.

And this is probably the best image to end this thread on.

j14owffxbnmp.jpg

• imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    It's actually manageable, I got pretty lucky and it turns out there's a group of people called Jains in India that have a similar restriction. I've been using this, but I wanted to pick your brains to see if there were any other ideas:

https://www.thespicehouse.com/asafoetida-powder

• imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    imdointhis wrote: »
    you know what's challenging? not being able to eat garlic or onions (or powders or extracts thereof)

given the obstacle and still wishing to prepare delicious savory meals, what do you use instead to replicate the divine taste of caramelized onions and roast garlic?

Is it ANY vegetables in that family? because that also rules out leeks, shallots, chives and ramps, all of which ALSO DELICIOUS.

I don't even know where I would start trying to replicate that flavour without those things.

Correct, everything in that family makes me go nuclear unfortunately

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Robonun wrote: »
    Ignore the weird-ass jello/aspic thing going on in the background. Behold the artistry of meatloaf and mashed potatoes:

Isn't that adorable? I would've eaten the hell out of that when I was a kid. Still would probably.

Yes, I'll have the meatloaf and mashed potatoes igloo, please.

kyrcl.png
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    That looks like something a stoned person would make.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    That burger/hot dog makes me indescribably mad

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    That burger/hot dog makes me indescribably mad

you mean the Hamdog

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »

On second thought, I can't ignore the aspic thing anymore. Who thought putting a scoop of compost pile into lemon jello and garnishing it with Greek yogurt was a good idea?

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »

On second thought, I can't ignore the aspic thing anymore. Who thought putting a scoop of compost pile into lemon jello and garnishing it with Greek yogurt was a good idea?

It looks like a gelatinous cube from D&D.

kyrcl.png
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    would grilled cheese cocktail fit in with 70s food?

No, but a grilled cheese jello loaf would.

No, but a tuna can.

This discussion has been closed.