As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Changing volume of just one tab in chrome

FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
So I use Overcast for podcasts and it's great on my phone, but I also like to listen to them at home on my PC.

And unfortunately the web based player for overcast doesn't have any sort of volume controls, which can get annoying when different podcasts have different volume levels.

Just changing my main PC volume doesn't really work as then I also then have to adjust any game I may be playing at the same time, and I know I can just change chrome's volume via the mixer but going into that is clunky.

So does anyone know of a way to easily change just the volume of a single tab in chrome? ideally just have some sort of volume slider in the tab name.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms

• Options
    BasarBasar IstanbulRegistered User regular
    Have you tried this?

i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Basar wrote: »
    Have you tried this?

That looked exactly like what I was looking for.

But it didn't work :(

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Are you on Windows? What version?

I thought it was standard since Win7 to include a volume mixer (that allows you to set volume levels for each program you have open.

I think on Win 8 it was double clicking the volume button on the quick icon bar. I know Win10 you have to right click to open the mixer.

Edit: Ah nevermnd, you mentioned the mixer being too clunky.

Cobell on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Mixer also wouldn't impact the tab.

But yeah it looks like that was the only addon, best bet is to send a message to the guy in his email and tell him it's not working on the newest version of chrome.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me