As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Solicitations for February 2008

• Options
    Rey Del AguilaRey Del Aguila __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Who is the guy with the mini Cap shield on his shoulder under Warpaths armpit?

Cable has a little Cap's Shield emblem on his shoulder.

Where is the Astonoshing X-Men full cover solicit. It had a bunch of people I couldn't identify. Cable is dead.

Rey Del Aguila on
    Because you know who SAID you know what with you know who, let's keep that between me and you.
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You dont really think Cable is going to stay dead do you

hint: he's getting his own book

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Anyway, there's Dust, Pixie, Cable, the lizard kid from New X-Men, Iceman, Warpath, Human Torch, Thing, Spidey, Sentry, Invisible Woman, Mr Fantastic, Agent Brand, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Danger, Cannonball, Armor, Colossus, Beast, Kitty, Cyclops, Emma, Angel, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Storm.

That should be everyone.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Anyway, there's Dust, Pixie, Cable, the lizard kid from New X-Men, Iceman, Warpath, Human Torch, Thing, Spidey, Sentry, Invisible Woman, Mr Fantastic, Agent Brand, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Danger, Cannonball, Armor, Colossus, Beast, Kitty, Cyclops, Emma, Angel, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Storm.

That should be everyone.

Is that for Messiah complex? Because it just looks like a wet dream Avengers team.

You know, with Armor, Beast, Emma, Angel, Wolverine, Cable, Sentry, and Agent Brand tagging along.
    (And Anole and Pixie from New X-Men but that's not to say they aren't awesome)

And no Cap :cry:

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    It's the cover to Giant Size Astonishing X-Men.

Apparently the Breakworld declares war on earth.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Are you kidding me... they're going to axe New X-Men, yet crimes against humanity like Uncanny get to run around, completely unchecked?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Fuck you Uncanny has been good since Brubaker came aboard.

And besides if you thought they were going to cancel fucking Uncanny X-Men you are insane.

Everyone knew it would be either New X-Men or X-Factor, and frankly I'd rather have X-Factor.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I have to echo Balefuego here and say, you're fucking crazy to think either of those things.
    wwtMask wrote: »
    EDIT: Holy fuck, there's also gonna be an Orson Randall Iron Fist one shot.

Fuck yeah. Marvel better get on the fucking ball and give Matt Fraction his own Orson Randall comic. I'm sure Ed Brubaker can handle Danny Rand solo.
    While an overworked Damage Control struggles to stay on the job, the Chrysler Building is on a rampage.
    Man, what?!
    THOR #7 wrote:
    fan-favorite DAREDEVIL cover artist Marko Djurdjevic comes on board to provide amazing painted interiors for an explosive two-issue arc!
    I think I just peed a little.
    NEW EXILES #2
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Penciled by TOM GRUMMETT
    Cover by MICHAEL GOLDEN
    The Exiles have barely arrived in a new dimension before they’re struck by disaster! Sabretooth, Psylocke and Mystiq find themselves in the middle of a long-running conflict between the two most powerful figures on the African Continent, the Black Panther and Ororo.
    Heh. Mask ought to love this one.
    CRIMINAL VOL 2 #1
    Written by ED BRUBAKER
    Pencils & Cover by SEAN PHILLIPS
    That’s right, the most acclaimed crime comic in the industry is giving readers and retailers a second chance to get onboard as we relaunch with a new format, featuring more pages, longer main stories, and an expanded magazine section!
    Auggggh! My wallet! Hell, I'd have liked the end pages to be in the TPB first of all.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

On the one hand, I'm kinda tired of OMG HUGE CROSSOVER EVENT!
    On the other, it looks kinda like it's a moderately self-contained HUGE CROSSOVER EVENT! And it's been a while since I've seen the X-Men do something more than name drop a non-mutant.
    "Oh, I just got word from TONY STARK that the Hulk is coming for me."

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hopefully the New Warriors all turn out to be Skrulls and the roster gets replaced with Prodigy and his team.

Rey Del Aguila on
    Because you know who SAID you know what with you know who, let's keep that between me and you.
  • Options
    edited November 2007

On the other, it looks kinda like it's a moderately self-contained HUGE CROSSOVER EVENT! And it's been a while since I've seen the X-Men do something more than name drop a non-mutant.

I dont think it's gonna be a crossover or event, just a one (giant size) issue culmination of Whedon and Cassady's run.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hopefully the New Warriors all turn out to be Skrulls and the roster gets replaced with Prodigy and his team.

But...but...Jubilee!
    And her rack!
    :cry:

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I dont think it's gonna be a crossover or event, just a one (giant size) issue culmination of Whedon and Cassady's run.

This sounds much more awesome, then.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is anyone reading Captain Marvel? I gave it a pass initially but I do really like Brian Reed.

You should read it, it's great

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    NEW EXILES #2
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Penciled by TOM GRUMMETT
    Cover by MICHAEL GOLDEN
    The Exiles have barely arrived in a new dimension before they’re struck by disaster! Sabretooth, Psylocke and Mystiq find themselves in the middle of a long-running conflict between the two most powerful figures on the African Continent, the Black Panther and Ororo.
    Heh. Mask ought to love this one.

Aw damn, I think I'm gonna finally purchase an Exiles comic.

February is shaping up to be a wallet destroying month for me.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Same here, man. Same here.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So does the whedon run happen before Cable's death, then?

Rey Del Aguila on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yes. This arc of Astonishing happens before Endangered Species.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    huh, Intersting, that's good to know. So does that put it firmly in a set time period beginning and end?

Rey Del Aguila on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Cable has an ongoing solo title launching early next year he's not dead

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    And I've never stopped hurting

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is there a picture of the Orson Randall thing's cover? (at newsarama) If there is, I am missing it somehow.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Is there a picture of the Orson Randall thing's cover? (at newsarama) If there is, I am missing it somehow.

Here ya go:
    IRONFISTMIST.jpg

wwtMask on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Many thanks. Looking good!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fuck you Uncanny has been good since Brubaker came aboard.

And besides if you thought they were going to cancel fucking Uncanny X-Men you are insane.

Everyone knew it would be either New X-Men or X-Factor, and frankly I'd rather have X-Factor.

Uncanny has been LEAPS and BOUNDS better since Brubaker came on board... yet it hasn't shown 1/10th the improvement that New X-Men showed since they got a new creative team.

Although I do agree that I would rather see New X-Men go rather then X-Factor.... hell, get rid of X-Men in Space if you need to clear for a new X-Book... or end Astonishing once Whedon is done...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I too would prefer to see Astonishing simply end after Whedon is done.. I'm not looking forward to the Ellis stuff at all.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well, to be fair X-Men In Space isn't exactly a new or rare concept.

But I agree with Balefuego simply due to the fact that I can't stand Warren Ellis' writing.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2007
    how does howard chaykin keep getting on books I read

god damn it

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    comicgeek77comicgeek77 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    peter david has enough hardcore fans that i doubt x-factor is going anywhere as long as he is writing it.

and warren ellis is pretty hit or miss-i will give ya that, but come on planetary was/sorta is fantastic (maybe that final issue will come out someday).

comicgeek77 on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    how does howard chaykin keep getting on books I read

god damn it

I think he should just give up and try writing or something because the whole art thing? Not working out so much.

He must be somebody's cousin or something at Marvel.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    peter david has enough hardcore fans that i doubt x-factor is going anywhere as long as he is writing it.

and warren ellis is pretty hit or miss-i will give ya that, but come on planetary was/sorta is fantastic (maybe that final issue will come out someday).

Planetary was rad but I have hated 95% of his Marvel work

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Runaways:
    runa30.jpg

Looks like my two favorites are getting upgrades. I am very okay with that.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    As cool as it was to have Chase threatening people with his nice, I have been hoping for an upgrade to him. I mean, you'd think there'd be an armory somewhere on the Leapfrog.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007

hmm.... No.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    tehfalconertehfalconer moonrocks in my noseRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    As cool as it was to have Chase threatening people with his nice, I have been hoping for an upgrade to him. I mean, you'd think there'd be an armory somewhere on the Leapfrog.
    Exactly, its about time he started utilizing his "inheritance."

tehfalconer on
    ... you will be the falcon, and I shall remain... The Falconer!
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    When was the last time Ellis wrote an X-book? The last I remember is when he helped on X-Force, X-Man and Gen-X during that "Revolution" nonsense, and though I never read the related Gen-X issues I really liked the revamp of X-Force and X-Man.
    And there was his run on Excalibur, if you call that an X-book, which was pretty awesome. I've got high hopes for Ellis' Astonishing.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't know whats with all the Ellis hate.

I am enjoying his Thunderbolts run and Nextwave was a fun book. Also Extremis was pretty much the best Iron Man arc like ever.

His non-marvel stuff was excellent too. Like the Authority and Transmet

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I am kind of wanting to read Dead of Night because Man-Thing, but then again I have no idea if Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is good or not

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I am kind of wanting to read Dead of Night because Man-Thing, but then again I have no idea if Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is good or not

I have all of his Back in Black arc from Sensational Spider-Man and I really liked it, but that's all I've got.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Iroh wrote: »

I have all of his Back in Black arc from Sensational Spider-Man and I really liked it, but that's all I've got.
    Did he also do that little Eddie Brock arc in Sensational?

Because that was a fantastic story.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif