As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Super Best Friends Play] i have to arrest myself for honking my own dick

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    "Who is this one white guy on the black otaku council???"

Sweet fucking God

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    cB557 wrote: »
    Who's Austin Creed?

professional wrestling man

also a big nerd with a gaming youtube channel

aka xavier woods, he's been on giant bomb before

AKA the guy in the group The New Day with the trombone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3PK9kmQ0Ow

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    It boggles the mind how he has the time to do a weekly wrestling show and not be bed-ridden wth sore joints and a heap of painkillers to also contribute to a YouTube gaming channel.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    It boggles the mind how he has the time to do a weekly wrestling show and not be bed-ridden wth sore joints and a heap of painkillers to also contribute to a YouTube gaming channel.

Note that the weekly TV show isn't everything.

He likely does 2-3 house shows a week, too

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I know wrestling is a popular sport and all, but after seeing a couple documentaries (and one Mickey Rourke movie), I'd hate for this guy to end up dead in his 40-50's, as is usually the case for wrestling stars.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    bit of an abrupt dark turn for the conversation to take

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    That particular stereotype seems kind of outdated

But then I don't keep up with wrestling very well

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

no not really

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Fair enough! Though saying wrestling stars usually die in their 40s-50s feels weird

Still a weird direction to take the conversation unprompted

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »

no not really

One of the more popular WWE figures recently ended his career due to concerns for his health. Granted, Daniel Bryan had an incredibly energetic wrestling style and basically beat the shit of of his body week in and week out, but yeah those concerns are still super valid.
    In 2016, at age 34, Danielson retired from professional wrestling due to medical issues (including seizures) arising from multiple concussions and a brain lesion. Later that year in July, he was named the General Manager of SmackDown following the return of the WWE brand extension.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Like any athletics-based career, there's a shelf life on wrestler's bodies. It's also not as profitable a sport as something like football or football, so your b-listers take home less money to take care of themselves upon retirement. But the wrestling industry doesn't want its stars to keep going out on injury. The catch is that a lot of people who wrestle are dumb. One of the most recent, public retirements due to health, Daniel Bryan? Dude sought out homeopathy and alternative medicine, and kept wrestling too early after recovery to exacerbate issues (which, again, the desire for quick fixes stems from the lower pay than other athletic fields, no doubt).

The wrestlers biting it in their 40s, their 50s, they're the guys who are poor and don't get proper treatment, who disrespect their bodies for the quick fixes, who do drugs because they're from the 80s. And while there are exceptions (lord knows Brock Resnar is a sack of fucking shit who doesn't care about hurting the other guy), wrestling is still safer than it's ever been, despite the spectacle of how many people were out on injuries this last year.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    The fear of losing your spot on the card due to an injury(for some of the top top guys, it might not be a concern) but to those midcard guys it could mean a lot

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    Man, part 19 of the Jojo playthrough reaches really hard to try to heal the wound of how Jojo Part 6
    ends
    but it's an idea I wanna get behind. Also this game is getting progressively stupider the deeper it gets into theoretical Jojo lore

Also Pat's description of the Omikron recording from the podcast makes me very excited for the next few parts but I can see how someone with actual empathy, like @Gundi might be worried

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I love it when it gets into stupid theoretical Jojo lore.

Only problem is that, as it approaches the end,
    It kiiiinda fails to stick the landing.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Man, part 19 of the Jojo playthrough reaches really hard to try to heal the wound of how Jojo Part 6
    ends
    but it's an idea I wanna get behind. Also this game is getting progressively stupider the deeper it gets into theoretical Jojo lore

i haven't been watching their LP since it's pretty much a spoiler cast and i haven't read parts 4 or 8, but i'm curious about this, because i love how part 6 ends and what comes after

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Just a refresher. Part 6 is Stone Ocean, right?

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Also Pat's description of the Omikron recording from the podcast makes me very excited for the next few parts but I can see how someone with actual empathy, like @Gundi might be worried
    Whoa brah no need to throw around rude accusations.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

yes

that is also the name of jolyne's stand

it is also where the main jojo story stops

• Options
    If I had this game I'd only ever play as Johnathan and Jolyne

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

yes

Well, that's the dub name of the stand. Originally, it's called Stone Free, after the Jimi Hendrix song.

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    I really want to hear them talk about Street Fighter V some more now that it's been out for a half year. They were so hyped for it leading into the launch, and I want to know how they feel about it now.

• Options

yes

Well, that's the dub name of the stand. Originally, it's called Stone Free, after the Jimi Hendrix song.

l'il bomba

• Options

jonathon is more boring than giogio

at least be joseph

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpU_TbMLf8E

woolie has never experienced greater joy

• Options
    The email section of the podcast missed a golden opportunity to return to Booty-Os when one of the emails asked then about cereal.

• Options

jonathon is more boring than giogio

at least be joseph

Johnathan is the source of all of Dio's power and in this game he kicks the shit out of all these Stand users with just his fists, luck, and pluck

So nah I'ma main John and Jolyne

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    if they shot dio in the head w/ the arrow do you think he'd have a different stand or still the world?

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    if I had a stand it would have the power to put a steering wheel on anything that would allow the object to be steered and driven

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    if I had a stand it would have the power to put a steering wheel on anything that would allow the object to be steered and driven

Requiem version would allow you to steer nonphysical or conceptual things. Like conversations, legal proceedings, or elections.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpU_TbMLf8E

woolie has never experienced greater joy

He'll suck it, he'll suck it, whatever, he'll suck it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    if they shot dio in the head w/ the arrow do you think he'd have a different stand or still the world?

Johnathan's body actually has a separate Stand that looks like Joseph's and Holly's, with vines and stuff. Dio's Stand is already The World, it's not Johnathan's.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I've heard some theories that The World is actually sort of a wild-card stand that potentially has the form and power of any of the Joestars' stands. It's just that he always uses the effective power of Star Platinum because it's the main one he knows about, and because time stop is just that good.

Which would kind of make sense, since in Tarot, The World is all about completeness and accomplishment. The World would be "everything". Also, its "developmental potential" stat is somehow higher than Part 4 Star Platinum's.

This is all speculation, but I love speculating about tarot motifs.

Enlong on
  • Options
    I think discussions about Jojo canon are probably outside the wheelhouse of what's allowed in this thread

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    let's get back to what's allowed, like DoA Extreme 3

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »
    let's get back to what's allowed, like DoA Extreme 3

"Who's your favorite girl?"
    "Ok, she's one of the new ones. I don't know her name-"
    *laughter*

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zs_d-WmJ0U

Matt: It's a seven hour game though.

Pat: Uhhhnnn. Eeeyeaaahhhh!

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    SHOOT IT IN THE FACE YOU IDIOTS

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    The problem with that critique is that it assumes they weren't trying

It is sometimes hard to tell when something controls like hot garbage, but this is not one of those times

This discussion has been closed.