As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Even Worse Joke Thread

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    Anubis was a bad idea when this whole thing started.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    What does a bee use to keep his hair looking nice?
    A honeycomb

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    There were three medieval kingdoms on the shores of a lake. There was an island in the middle of the lake, over which the kingdoms had been fighting for years. Finally, the three kings decided that they would send their knights out to do battle, and the winner would take the island. The night before the battle, the knights and their squires pitched camp and readied themselves for the fight. The first kingdom had 12 knights, and each knight had five squires, all of whom were busily polishing armor, brushing horses, and cooking food. The second kingdom had twenty knights, and each knight had 10 squires. Everyone at that camp was also busy preparing for battle.

At the camp of the third kingdom, there was only one knight, with his squire. This squire took a large pot and hung it from a looped rope in a tall tree. He busied himself preparing the meal, while the knight polished his own armor. When the hour of the battle came, the three kingdoms sent their squires out to fight (this was too trivial a matter for the knights to join in). The battle raged, and when the dust had cleared, the only person left was the lone squire from the third kingdom, having defeated the squires from the other two kingdoms, thus proving that the squire of the high pot and noose is equal to the sum of the squires of the other two sides.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Fuck you

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I love that I can awesome Tox's joke and agree with knitdan's "fuck you" and only feel a tiny bit hypocritical for it.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I feel like a simple "fuck you" is one of the highest compliments one can pay in this thread.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    What has two grey legs and two brown legs
    An elephant with diarrhea

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
  • Options
    Sarah_JaneSarah_Jane Registered User new member
    What did the arab man call his daughter's black boyfriend?
    Haram-bae

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    awkward silence

broken image link
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I suspect that joke has been significantly cleaned up on its way here from /b/...

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Ok, I get the super racist comparing to a gorilla part, but why is an Arab man?

As told there's no point to the father being Arab. It's completely unnecessary information, thus distracting from the joke in total. Why was this information included in the joke if it's not needed? It's just bad joke design on all levels, and not even in a fun way.

I mean, if it was Harem-bae, then it would just be super racist and not funny, but it would at least make sense

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Haram means forbidden or taboo in Arabic. The joke is that by combining two terms from different languages you get a memeified gorilla. I didn't see it as calling someone a gorilla but now that it's been mentioned I can understand how you can get there.

Grobian on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Ah, ok. So then I retract my earlier post. The joke makes sense, and is just super racist and not funny.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Ok, I get the super racist comparing to a gorilla part, but why is an Arab man?

As told there's no point to the father being Arab. It's completely unnecessary information, thus distracting from the joke in total. Why was this information included in the joke if it's not needed? It's just bad joke design on all levels, and not even in a fun way.

I mean, if it was Harem-bae, then it would just be super racist and not funny, but it would at least make sense

I think it should be haraam-bae?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Either spelling is acceptable! It's hard to transcribe directly from Arabic to English because of the way the vowels work. As in, they're usually not written out, and you just know what sounds are supposed to be there through context. You can sort of put vowels in using diacritical marks if it's an obscure word or one where exact pronunciation is religiously important, but it's complicated. As a result, most English transcription systems try to communicate the sound of the spoken word rather than directly carrying over the letters, and the resulting vowels can vary from system to system. Especially since there are phonemes in Arabic that don't even appear in spoken English.

My wife reads and speaks pretty good Arabic, and she's tried to explain it to me. It sounds impossibly complicated, but I guess that's why I'm not a linguist.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    VjjeQMN.jpg

How far The Proclaimers are willing to walk for you.

• Options
    I would like to live till the year 2020, when everything will be more clear.

Bedlam Auto Collision: We meet our best customers by accident.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    VjjeQMN.jpg

Iceland just made the cut.

... good for them

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    I would like to live till the year 2020, when everything will be more clear.

Bedlam Auto Collision: We meet our best customers by accident.

"Where do you see yourself in 4 years?"
    "I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision"

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    VjjeQMN.jpg

They never specified the starting point, or that it would be in a straight line!

Maybe they were just going to walk up and down the street a zillion times.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    VjjeQMN.jpg

They never specified the starting point, or that it would be in a straight line!

Sure, but "I'm going to walk around in front of your house for weeks on end" sounds a lot less romantic and a lot more stalkery.

• Options
    Donald Trump Announces today that he has unlocked the secret to human cloning! He has used the technique on his running mate about half a dozen times, but admits that the process required a lot of money to perfect. Making him Six Pence None the Richer.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Donald Trump Announces today that he has unlocked the secret to human cloning! He has used the technique on his running mate about half a dozen times, but admits that the process required a lot of money to perfect. Making him Six Pence None the Richer.

Kiss me.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    this fibonacci joke is as bad as the last two you heard combined

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    VjjeQMN.jpg

Sure, but "I'm going to walk around in front of your house for weeks on end" sounds a lot less romantic and a lot more stalkery.

I hope I'm not the only one to try and fit that line into the song's metre

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    VjjeQMN.jpg

I hope I'm not the only one to try and fit that line into the song's metre

I'm going to walk around in front of
    your fine house for weeks on end

kinda works, you just have to tweak it a bit

• Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    Reposting this gem from another thread:
    gmubh3jox3ce.png

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    What do you end up with when you give Eevee a French Stone?
    Napoleon

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    God damn it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    All the folk pop rock of the 70s and 80s you want
    a buffet of Buffett, if you will

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I most certainly will not

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    All the folk pop rock of the 70s and 80s you want
    a buffet of Buffett, if you will

I'm going to say no thanks to your Cheeseburger in Paradise.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I really tried to like that joke, but I ended up just going back to a joke I liked before.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    What do you end up with when you give Eevee a French Stone?
    Napoleon

I'm repeating a joke I already posted, but this joke is better:

What do you get when you throw a hand grenade into a french kitchen?
    linoleum blown apart

• Options
    Drunk people run stop signs, High people wait for them to turn green.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2016
    If you want to add insult to injury in England, use a sod off shotgun.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    I ate four whole cans of alphabet soup earlier.
    So I just had the biggest vowel movement ever.

• Options
    Please stop touching my pool table, it already got felt.

• Options
    Please stop touching my pool table, it already got felt.

Sorry, I went balls deep in your pool table

This discussion has been closed.