As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Arcade Pin Pal Trading Post

• nohomeJeromenohomeJerome Emerald City, WA Registered User regular
    Is that a common practice with exhibitors? For pins to go on sale after a specific show? If so, I could understand not wanting to give it up. At the same time, I think that's what separates the casual collector from the avid ones. The only monetary value I typically associate with pins are the ones I actual pay for (e.g., Pax West core set, etc.) and not the ones I obtain from a demo or panel. I'll have to look into that a bit more. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

• KurpavKurpav Registered User regular
    Honestly, there is no hard and fast rule that any given company must adhere to. They pay the fee to get the pin stamped w/ the Pinny Arcade logo and then it's up to them how and when to distribute it. Some pins have made it online later like Behemoth, Double Fine, and Think Geek. However, others have never been available or have sold out too quick to ever be online. Wizards has never put up D&D or Magic pins online. Same goes for Blizzard.

On the Hunt: Star Trek, Gold Overwatch, Glitch
    Check 'em: My Pins!
  • Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Green Flame (Fist from D&D) is selling on eBay for $85-$100. Likely would be a 1:1 straight trade for the Witcher. Was not easy to get by the end of the show, especially since some of the WOTC employees were into pins themselves and were only trading them away for quality pins.

Youseeks VR (Rick and Morty) is another POSSIBLE 1:1 trade pin.

They were SUPPOSED to give out 200 a day, but with only 3 VR stations, and 10+ minutes per station, they never got thru them all. At the end of the show the Exhibitors were trading for some of the left overs, but it was a rare pin that involved a long wait (line was always capped at 30 people with a 2 hour wait at the end of that cap).

It is selling for $60-70 right now.

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Milkman LeeroyMilkman Leeroy Iron Rooster Vancouver BC CanadaRegistered User regular
    I just cannot justify spending absorbent amounts of money on one pin - no matter how much I want it. For my wife, absolutely. I almost pulled the trigger on an overpriced Auzzie Kemper she's been wanting for her collection but she stopped me because it wasn't worth it to her. I personally don't want any of the cats - I'm still hunting for that Gold Overwatch pin but will sooner buy her or try to trade for what she wants to complete her collection.

At this point, after two failed deals for both of those pins, I may have to just give up on the gold overwatch pin and solely focus on that damn cat... Seeing her happy makes it worth while.

But at the end of the day, I'm not prepared to dole out any money on them... I can't justify it...

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Okay, I've heard
    Thanks for the insight, ArcticLancer

I know the only way to pick up the Mysterion pin was via the South Park panel, which I attended. Not sure how many they handed out in total.
    I believe the panel for South Park held 800.

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »
    Okay, I've heard
    Thanks for the insight, ArcticLancer

I know the only way to pick up the Mysterion pin was via the South Park panel, which I attended. Not sure how many they handed out in total.
    I believe the panel for South Park held 800.

it was 600 and print run about 1,200

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    Am now at 100% for the West pins thanks to Agent Cooper, who went far above and beyond in a simple 1 for 1 trade.

nYvm9Sf.jpg?1

• Milkman LeeroyMilkman Leeroy Iron Rooster Vancouver BC CanadaRegistered User regular
    Still searching for a Gold Overwatch pin and Aussie Kemper for my wife. If anyone's able to help me and they're not from Canada, I'm sure I can also send some nice Canadian munchies with the trade :3

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/milkmanleeroy

Cheers!

• Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Thanks to @astroboi, @Certifiable and @HoHumtheBum for great trades!

• Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Thanks to @Allister for the great trade

• HoHumtheBumHoHumtheBum CARegistered User regular
    Thanks for the trade @Capt Wasabi! Pins arrived in good order.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I know I said I was going to save my US PAX set pins for AUS, but my pal couldn't get me the Youseeks VR pin from West, so if you have one for trade let me know.

• PhoenixOLionPhoenixOLion Registered User regular
    I just cannot justify spending absorbent amounts of money on one pin - no matter how much I want it. For my wife, absolutely. I almost pulled the trigger on an overpriced Auzzie Kemper she's been wanting for her collection but she stopped me because it wasn't worth it to her. I personally don't want any of the cats - I'm still hunting for that Gold Overwatch pin but will sooner buy her or try to trade for what she wants to complete her collection.

At this point, after two failed deals for both of those pins, I may have to just give up on the gold overwatch pin and solely focus on that damn cat... Seeing her happy makes it worth while.

But at the end of the day, I'm not prepared to dole out any money on them... I can't justify it...

Which Aussie Kemper are you after?

The one who forgot to bring the Vegemite Chocolate PAXAus16 -.-'
  • nohomeJeromenohomeJerome Emerald City, WA Registered User regular
    Shout out to @callmegar for the great trade. +1 Witcher pin to the collection.

• MadkineMadkine AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Which Aussie Kemper are you after?

Most likely 2013.

• Count3DCount3D Count Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    At long last.

Thanks for the trade @MiniGoob :)
    ze512tilssu6.jpg

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Count3D wrote: »
    At long last.

Thanks for the trade @MiniGoob :)
    ze512tilssu6.jpg

Grats on trading way too many pins for it

• astroboiastroboi Melbourne, AusRegistered User regular
    Thanks to @Capt Wasabi, @bravesaturn and @Arigold for the recent trades!

• TemigTemig East [E] North Shore - MARegistered User regular
    Perhaps mildly off-topic, but is there any place in particular that collectors are typically looking these days when purchasing pins? I know forum rules don't allow buying/selling here so I'm hoping there's another outlet that doesn't involve a 10% fee given the value of what I'm looking to sell off...

JQ1qRPt.png
  • thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Temig wrote: »
    Perhaps mildly off-topic, but is there any place in particular that collectors are typically looking these days when purchasing pins? I know forum rules don't allow buying/selling here so I'm hoping there's another outlet that doesn't involve a 10% fee given the value of what I'm looking to sell off...

If you join the Pinny Pals Slack, you could see if anyone in the #trade room is interested.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/199994/pinny-pals-slack

• ajetog@gmail.comajetog@gmail.com WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Great trade with AriGold! Love the blue theme...

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    A SpOoKy trade from @bravesaturn!

xFzTszA.jpg

The candy is gone now.

Successful trade with one mr. @agentcooper!

A++

• Count3DCount3D Count Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Good trade with @TalesofZ!

• OlerheadOlerhead Krytenton AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I've got an Aus 2015 core set, some Aus 2016 core sets and two Aus Polys that I'm hoping to trade - looking to finish of my West 2016 and East 2013 & 2016 sets but happy to look at almost anything.

Will throw in Tim Tams to sweeten offer.

edited November 2016
    Excellent trade with one Mr. @Dabe at PAX AUS.

A+ would initiate long-drawn-out-international-multi-year-trade-with again.

Smelled nice.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Dabe? Who's that? Some new guy?

Just updated my lanyard after AUS.

Forgot to grab a Cthulhu Swim while I was there so if anyone has a spare HIT ME UP BROSKI!

Saved soooo much money at pax trading for sets I needed (kemp, nintendo etc). If you've got enough spares I totes recommend it.

• JussyTJussyT AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Not sure if this still fits in the trading post, but would anyone have a spare one of the older Kemper trading lanyards kicking around that they'd be willing to trade/sell?

JussyT on
  • AlbahAlbah Calgary, ABRegistered User new member
    Evening All,

Long story short. I am a Blizzard pin collector. After attending my 6th Blizzcon this year I decided to hunt down the Pinny Arcade Blizzard related pins to add to my collection. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to at least one PAX next year!
    I do have a couple of Blizzard/Blizzcon pins to trade, but aside from them I can offer PayPal :)

Currently looking for the following:

Leeroy Jenkins
    Hearthstone Cards
    Iron Horde
    Legion Illidari
    Overwatch Logo (Color and Gold)
    SDCC Stars n Striples Gold Raynor as well if anyone here deals in non Pinny Arcade pins

Not sure if these are all of them or not, just the ones I currently know from hunting on eBay.

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Albah wrote: »
    Evening All,

Long story short. I am a Blizzard pin collector. After attending my 6th Blizzcon this year I decided to hunt down the Pinny Arcade Blizzard related pins to add to my collection. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to at least one PAX next year!
    I do have a couple of Blizzard/Blizzcon pins to trade, but aside from them I can offer PayPal :)

Currently looking for the following:

Leeroy Jenkins
    Hearthstone Cards
    Iron Horde
    Legion Illidari
    Overwatch Logo (Color and Gold)
    SDCC Stars n Striples Gold Raynor as well if anyone here deals in non Pinny Arcade pins

Not sure if these are all of them or not, just the ones I currently know from hunting on eBay.

Leeroy Jenkins, Heartstone cards, and both overwatch logo's will be hard to come by.
    Best thing to do. Is stock up on rarer pax pins and do a trade for them.
    Good luck.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • bravesaturnbravesaturn World's Best Entry Level Employee Registered User regular
    JussyT wrote: »
    Not sure if this still fits in the trading post, but would anyone have a spare one of the older Kemper trading lanyards kicking around that they'd be willing to trade/sell?

I can send one to you if you like!

• JussyTJussyT AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Thank you, @bravesaturn! :3

• misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Did an awesome trade with @thx42 at the Pinny Dinner(y) just prior to PAX Aus, thanks so much. I've finally finished my East 2013 set! <3<3

• AlbahAlbah Calgary, ABRegistered User new member
    darkinfero wrote: »

Leeroy Jenkins, Heartstone cards, and both overwatch logo's will be hard to come by.
    Good luck.

Is there a list where I can find these higher sought after PAX pins? I would definitely stock up on a few if it means trading. Then again I don't mind forking over the money if anyone has one they want to part with.

• ajetog@gmail.comajetog@gmail.com WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Great trading with Astroboi!

• astroboiastroboi Melbourne, AusRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the trade @ajetog@gmail.com!
    dl2zyqdoleda.jpg

Thanks also for everyone I traded with at pax aus!!

• thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Albah wrote: »
    darkinfero wrote: »

Good luck.

Is there a list where I can find these higher sought after PAX pins? I would definitely stock up on a few if it means trading. Then again I don't mind forking over the money if anyone has one they want to part with.

Ways to get a Leeroy Jenkins and/or Gold Overwatch Pin

A. Buy on eBay. Prices are similar for both, typically ranging from $150-$250 each.
    B. Buy directly from a collector. Unfortunately, few people have extras, and most are uninterested in selling them. Occasionally people will get out of the hobby, or become desperate for money, and will try to liquidate their collections.
    C. Win one. Sometimes, there will be rare pins available for auction or raffle to benefit charity. Also, PA occasionally sells blind boxes which have a very, very small chance of containing rare pins.
    D. Trade. This could be very time consuming, since you not only have to find someone willing to trade, but you have to have pins they'd be interested in. Leeroy and Gold Overwatch are arguably the 2nd/3rd most valuable pins, and there aren't too many other pins that have an equivalent value. Most of the highly desirable pins are older, and difficult to obtain in their own right. With each new PAX however, there is the potential for a new rare pin. For example, the Witcher pin from PAX East 16 and the Mysterion pin from PAX West 16 could possibly interest someone. Other highly desired pins include: Aus 13 set, East 13 set, Hanna, Twitch Glitch, Ellie, D&D, Vault Boy, Star Trek, Cinnamon Roll Gabe, Blind Merch, various Kemper pins.

• KamelonKamelon Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Great trade with @misskass. Thanks again!

Pinny Arcade Collection & Trades
    Heroic Coaching & Consulting - Personal Development & Coaching For Nerds

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6423-4833

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
  • theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    Good trade w/ @somniomancer. Took a while but he's an awesome trader!

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png