As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Subterranean Ledes

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Subterranean Ledes

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    It's kinda like Moonlighting, isn't it?

• ShellbackShellback Registered User regular

You get 100 turtle points for quoting the first TMNT movie.

• ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    Shellback wrote: »

You get 100 turtle points for quoting the first TMNT movie.

8)

• sotrain515sotrain515 Registered User new member
    I've noticed in some of the more recent comics that the characters' hair overlaps. Their hairdos (hairdon'ts???) have been getting bigger and poofier as Mike's style has evolved over the years.

Anyway, it looks kinda weird and bad to me, like Gabe's bangs should be mushing into Tycho's (in kind of a sensual way) but somehow they just flatly overlap each other like 2D sprites -- you know, like in a "video games"?

As for solutions: Maybe the panels could be embiggened so the characters' Elvis-shaming mega-pompadours have room to independently express themselves? Or maybe Tycho could adopt a new slicked-back style in deference to Gabe's visibly superior hair-awning? I dunno, just spit-ballin' here!

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    sotrain515 wrote: »
    I've noticed in some of the more recent comics that the characters' hair overlaps. Their hairdos (hairdon'ts???) have been getting bigger and poofier as Mike's style has evolved over the years.

Anyway, it looks kinda weird and bad to me, like Gabe's bangs should be mushing into Tycho's (in kind of a sensual way) but somehow they just flatly overlap each other like 2D sprites -- you know, like in a "video games"?

As for solutions: Maybe the panels could be embiggened so the characters' Elvis-shaming mega-pompadours have room to independently express themselves? Or maybe Tycho could adopt a new slicked-back style in deference to Gabe's visibly superior hair-awning? I dunno, just spit-ballin' here!

They are also looking at each other in a physically impossible way. I don't stress about the art not being a realistic representation of the physical world.

YoungFrey on