As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Supernatural [Phalla]Day 8: Victory, but at what cost?[GAME OVER]

1232425262729»

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Egos wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    I was especially worried that Egos might be Dick Roman, because I made a Sam comment in my signup post and ended up as Sam, and Egos was totally channeling Dick.

I think if Dick was in the game, he would likely be an SK. No?
    granted he was willing to make a deal with Crowley when things went to shit
    At first I thought the Leviathans might just be a second mafia, but then the "special spark" video reminded me that Dick could be an evil recruiter. Albeit probably one who would be disallowed from recruiting village specials.

Fry on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    With vanillagers being quiet, I thought that this was because the specials like being quiet also, as the mafia like killing the talkative people.
    I know looking at the quiet villagers has helped me hit specials in other games as mafia.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    With vanillagers being quiet, I thought that this was because the specials like being quiet also, as the mafia like killing the talkative people.
    I know looking at the quiet villagers has helped me hit specials in other games as mafia.

But if vanillagers were talkative, specials could then be as well :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    I was sad that Egos wasn't actually Dick Roman

even though Corvidae made me start to wonder if he might be, even though I knew the avatar had changed before the game started

also I wonder whether showing Corvidae that I knew the source material was what got me killed, or if it was the mafia being deathly afraid of what one-shot power I might have actually had

we killed you cause you claimed a special.

i asked about the avatars, and only you and jpants responded. it was an attempt to subtly steer the convo towards GG's avatar change, and hopefully have gg attract attention early, and maybe waste votes/vigs.

It was probably way to subtle to attract notice, and i was a bit disappointed that only 2 ppl responded to an easy open call to start talking.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm surprised I wasn't killed off. I though for sure my vote record would of got me killed.

I also want to say I'm thankful for all who take the time to host.

Voting for me was exactly why I didn't want you dead.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »

But if vanillagers were talkative, specials could then be as well :D

Nah.
    It's the opposite.
    Specials have got to risk talking so that not talking isn't good vanillager play.

I just talk regardless though, cause why not.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Re: Theorycrafting strange game setups.

Now I'm thinking about a game where the living are only allowed to vote, but not post anything except their votes, not even reasoning why, and the dead can talk freely in the thread but can't vote. Or some kind of twist on that.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Now I'm thinking about a game where the living are only allowed to vote, but not post anything except their votes, not even reasoning why, and the dead can talk freely in the thread but can't vote. Or some kind of twist on that.

That sounds GD amazing. You could have a medium role who could talk to the dead, all sorts of fun stuff. Maybe allow the agree/awesome emotes too

• Options
    JPants wrote: »

That sounds GD amazing. You could have a medium role who could talk to the dead, all sorts of fun stuff. Maybe allow the agree/awesome emotes too

The more I'm mentally workshopping this the more fun I'm having thinking about it.

I've never hosted a game before, but when I have something a bit more concrete (like, say, even a theme), I'll get in touch with one of the folks good at balancing.

• Options

The more I'm mentally workshopping this the more fun I'm having thinking about it.

I've never hosted a game before, but when I have something a bit more concrete (like, say, even a theme), I'll get in touch with one of the folks good at balancing.

Your theme is Halloween. You have ~1 month to prepare the game.

Steam profile
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Or Day of the Dead!

• Options

All Phalla's Eve?

God damnit, I'm too busy to put this much work into this but it's TOO GOOD.

• Options

All Phalla's Eve?

God damnit, I'm too busy to put this much work into this but it's TOO GOOD.

Do it dooooo iiiiiit

Steam profile