As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] MATH of the Machine (Use Spoiler Tags for Raid Discussion!)

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I did not get a light upgrade last night but I did get Memory of Felwinter, finally completed my Gjally quest, and had a Hard Light drop from the Sepiks Perfected strike I did.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Finally got a damn 365 ghost. Did they cap stats on items? Tower ghost seems to imply every piece of armor is a piece of shit at 89% or something.

Nosf on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    They rebalanced them so beyond T12 wouldn't be possible. A couple of items that used to be 100% for me dropped a couple points though.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Infused the dread explorer shell and it now shows as yello at 365.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    So what LL does Archon's Forge stuff cap at? I received the Hunter helmet and it was 365 light, 6 below what I currently have (and had at the time).

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    So what LL does Archon's Forge stuff cap at? I received the Hunter helmet and it was 365 light, 6 below what I currently have (and had at the time).

I don't think it has a cap; I've had stuff drop at up to 374 there so far.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Finally got a damn 365 ghost. Did they cap stats on items? Tower ghost seems to imply every piece of armor is a piece of shit at 89% or something.

They stat rolls are now stretched across the entire light possible. Meaning now that 400 (with hard mode) should be the highest light the max stat distribution is at 400 and not 335. So the old max stats at 335 are now the new max stats at 400 which means everyone's stats took a dip when the light level raised.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options

I don't think it has a cap; I've had stuff drop at up to 374 there so far.

I believe it is 385 like faction packages etc.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I would put on the Hard Light but I am having too much fun with this full-auto dis-43.

I've said this earlier in the thread but If you have a package seriously consider roll #2. It's pretty amazing. I know everyone is shitting on it because it's not a Dis-47 but dammit if I didn't up my killing efficiency a ton with it.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

I've been in there for ages doing events. From what I've seen class items are capped at 385. Everything else is capped at 365.

Because they didn't make enough bad decisions with Archon's Forge, they had to go that one step further and make it half pointless for LL progression.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    I would put on the Hard Light but I am having too much fun with this full-auto dis-43.

I've said this earlier in the thread but If you have a package seriously consider roll #2. It's pretty amazing. I know everyone is shitting on it because it's not a Dis-47 but dammit if I didn't up my killing efficiency a ton with it.

I had a full auto near max stability DIS-43 from awhile back, but I really can't get used to the full auto perk on it. Messes up my timing because it's a medium rof type scout, so I prefer to fire manually. Kudos to you for making it work though!

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular

I've been in there for ages doing events. From what I've seen class items are capped at 385. Everything else is capped at 365.

Because they didn't make enough bad decisions with Archon's Forge, they had to go that one step further and make it half pointless for LL progression.

I think the light level caps are kind of non-intuitive this time around. It's really weird that faction packages goes all the way up to 385, but engrams only decrypt to 365. So ranking up with Variks after running CoE gave a 370 class item to my guy, but the weapon rewards were capped off at 365? But then you get strike reward pre-decrypted blues that can roll over 365? Then there's Crucible rewards that can go over 370.

I think they were aiming to give more avenues to high/max light, but they kinda made it much more convoluted and frustrating.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Entaru wrote: »

I had a full auto near max stability DIS-43 from awhile back, but I really can't get used to the full auto perk on it. Messes up my timing because it's a medium rof type scout, so I prefer to fire manually. Kudos to you for making it work though!

It's sort of like a panic button. Most of the time I just single fire it but if there's a group of enemies I will just lay on the trigger and scan the group from one side to the other and usually take them all out.

It's not the max stability roll but it's still pretty close to it and it has more range as the trade off meaning I can do all of that at a longer distance.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular

:?

At least it's a cool looking helmet.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    The blues from strikes being over 340 is really messing with me. I accidentally broke down a LL upgrade I think.

I'm not 100% sure if I did or not though.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    My thanks to @MagicPrime for putting up with my drunken shenanigans doing strikes last night. It was a blast but I'm certain I played like shit and I think I may have passed out at the start of a Valus McRocketface strike so, sorry :p

Re: Wanting the Big ol' D(LC)
    Destiny 2 was supposed to be the end of this year (I think?) but got pushed back, which is likely why this DLC exists and why they only got new VO from Saladin, Shaxx, Variks, and Ghost (plus newcomer Shiro-4). And they likely only sprung for Nolan North because of the (well-deserved) ribbing they got over Silent Ghost in the previous DLC.

They have said there will be an expanded SRL at some point and I'd be kind of startled if they didn't put out a bit more story content in the run-up to Destiny 2. I'm hopeful we might also get Splicers in the Prison at some point.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    RL got in the way of my table group tonight, so I'll be playing Destiny. When I get on tonight, I'll be starting a chat called something like PAX Light Leveling, and everyone on the PS4 will be welcome.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Variks has new lines in this DLC? I really don't remember that.

Also the guy on Kotaku who has been spot on for Destiny leaks was saying they pushed Destiny 2 because it felt too much like a DLC pack and not a sequel. Take that for what you will.

• Options

Also the guy on Kotaku who has been spot on for Destiny leaks was saying they pushed Destiny 2 because it felt too much like a DLC pack and not a sequel. Take that for what you will.

Technically not in the DLC but in the last non-DLC update when they introduced the 41 PoE and CoE with Taken levels.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular

The Kotaku RoI review is a good read, too.

http://kotaku.com/destiny-rise-of-iron-the-kotaku-review-1787190009

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Ran some PoE with @jefe414 last night, and we discovered that there's a neat little visualization connected to Memory of Skorri (when super is full, nearby allies' supers recharge faster). When the wearer's super is up, they have a faint golden glow, and a beam of light shoots out to any ally who is in range. It's a nice, subtle way of visually letting you know whether the perk is proc'd.

(Just eyeballing it, I'd say it's about the same radius as the VoG Relic's defense bubble.)

awsimo on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Any guesses on what today's hot fix will bring?

I'm guessing damage from falling debris will be increased by at least 280%, better ensuring that the collapsing platform at the end of The Wretched Eye is guaranteed to kill at least one party member attempting to inspect the ogre.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    I'm super glad my first weapon buy was the crucible sniper over the Dead Orbit shotgun.

...because my first rank up with them gave it to me anyways!

With hammer forged, smallbore, and rangefinder, no less.

I'm going to correct this, I meant to say Hand-Loaded and not Hammer Forged.

I realized this last night when I got another shotgun rank up from Dead Orbit, truth be told.

I'm actually wondering if rangefinder is guaranteed for that gun, because this time around it was also the last perk.

Only this time I have snapshot where I had smallbore before.

Which one should I keep? One with quick aim or one with a tiiiiny bit more range?

• Options
    edited September 2016
    metaghost wrote: »

I'm guessing damage from falling debris will be increased by at least 280%, better ensuring that the collapsing platform at the end of The Wretched Eye is guaranteed to kill at least one party member attempting to inspect the ogre.

(raid spoiler)
    Also that the panel on the death zamboni will have a 40% chance of killing the entire fireteam when it flies off.

Also probably closing the Omnigul loophole.

CptHamilton on
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

The Kotaku RoI review is a good read, too.

http://kotaku.com/destiny-rise-of-iron-the-kotaku-review-1787190009

I love the caption on the pic of a Guardian swinging an axe into Zombie Felwinter: "THIS IS FOR YEAR-ONE SHOT PACKAGE, YOU F@#K!"

Also, this section was particularly on-point:
    Strap in, it’s time for some numbers. Destiny items fall into three categories: Rare blue, legendary purple, and exotic yellow. (Green does not exist. There is no green.) Most blue items only go up to 340 light—well short of the raid’s suggested 370—while others go up to a more reasonable 365. Some purple items are capped at 365, while others go all the way up to 385. Exotic items are governed by their own numerical scheme. The game explains none of this.

In order to get those handy 365 blues, you’ll need to do a particular type of strike in a particular way, hurriedly swapping out armor after beating the boss in order to maximize your gains before the timer runs out and the mission ends. A day or two after Rise of Iron came out, players discovered the fastest, dreariest workaround possible, opting as usual for mindless repetition over the fun of actually playing the game. Poor Omnigul may never recover.

At one point last night, a friend hopped into our party to ask for guidance. He was at 327 light. What was the fastest way he could get ready for the raid? I didn’t even know where to begin. It was a sign that something has gone awry with Destiny’s loot. Getting raid-ready should not be this complicated and poorly explained.

• Options
    I'm super glad my first weapon buy was the crucible sniper over the Dead Orbit shotgun.

...because my first rank up with them gave it to me anyways!

With hammer forged, smallbore, and rangefinder, no less.

I'm going to correct this, I meant to say Hand-Loaded and not Hammer Forged.

I realized this last night when I got another shotgun rank up from Dead Orbit, truth be told.

I'm actually wondering if rangefinder is guaranteed for that gun, because this time around it was also the last perk.

Only this time I have snapshot where I had smallbore before.

Which one should I keep? One with quick aim or one with a tiiiiny bit more range?

Depends, if you run around with your shotgun out, charging and the like, go for the range. If you mostly use it as an "oh shit" stuff is close to me, go quick aim.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    awsimo wrote: »
    Ran some PoE with @jefe414 last night, and we discovered that there's a neat little visualization connected to Memory of Skorri (when super is full, nearby allies' supers recharge faster). When the wearer's super is up, they have a faint golden glow, and a beam of light shoots out to any ally who is in range. It's a nice, subtle way of visually letting you know whether the perk is proc'd.

(Just eyeballing it, I'd say it's about the same radius as the VoG Relic's defense bubble.)

This is very cool and good to know.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular

This is awesome. I can finally be a Space Knight in Shining Armor.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular

This sounds like a really awesome thing for Tlaloc warlocks in the crucible.

Also more opportunities for the praise the sun emote.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I've been stuck with all my gear 10 LL ahead of my Ghost and Artifacts for 2 days now.

Meanwhile I've gotten like 25 class items... Got a bunch of faction rank ups for a ghost, no dice, no luck on the skeleton keys I used last either and Eris is at 600/3000, which would be easy if I could solo the tier 3 this week, but I cant really solo Thalnok reliably.

Is there anywhere else that can drop either items over the legendary cap of 365? (I know the raid can, and I wanted to join the ones put up in the last few days if they werent set at 2AM.)

Sirialis on
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

Maybe going to stop people from dismantling Gjallar Horns for infinite Horn Relays?

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

Maybe going to stop people from dismantling Gjallar Horns for infinite Horn Relays?

I think of you've hit the nail on the head. The correct amount of "actually reasonable thing for Bungie to do" and "doesn't actually improve any of the detrimental things currently existing".

• Options
    So a very odd thing happened last night. I was running TONS of Forge Events. I think I must have ran at least 10 in a row. But eventually I stopped getting any credit for them at all. I wasn't getting objective prompts or star ratings on completion.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I've been stuck with all my gear 10 LL ahead of my Ghost and Artifacts for 2 days now.

Meanwhile I've gotten like 25 class items... Got a bunch of faction rank ups for a ghost, no dice, no luck on the skeleton keys I used last either and Eris is at 600/3000, which would be easy if I could solo the tier 3 this week, but I cant really solo Thalnok reliably.

Is there anywhere else that can drop either items over the legendary cap of 365? (I know the raid can, and I wanted to join the ones put up in the last few days if they werent set at 2AM.)

Raid, Eris and Skeleton keys for artifacts, like you said. It's super annoying, but I've been lucky with drops.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Well now I'm sad I didn't know about that and that is totally going to be what they patch out.

• Options

Raid, Eris and Skeleton keys for artifacts, like you said. It's super annoying, but I've been lucky with drops.

I have lucked out twice now on decoding purple armor engrams to get higher LL artifacts.

• Options
    MagicPrime wrote: »

I have lucked out twice now on decoding purple armor engrams to get higher LL artifacts.

Ran some Court of Oryx last night and got my Eris level. Not popping that package until I'm 364-365 - and at that point, I'll be praying that is really is an artifact!

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    doing monitors for raid thing.

terrible party. can't leave because monitors will reset. I was trapped for hours before they gave up and left and we got competent people to join

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    squall99x wrote: »
    Nosf wrote: »

They stat rolls are now stretched across the entire light possible. Meaning now that 400 (with hard mode) should be the highest light the max stat distribution is at 400 and not 335. So the old max stats at 335 are now the new max stats at 400 which means everyone's stats took a dip when the light level raised.

Actually, I think stats still cap at 335

It's

Rough

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Int/disc/str stats stop increasing after 365 or so, to the original 335 cap values.