As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] MATH of the Machine (Use Spoiler Tags for Raid Discussion!)

1939495969799»

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    362 Last night. Hopefully will be 365 by Raid time. But even if not I am good to go. I am a hair to 363 just need a Secondary Weapon to infuse.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    cncaudata wrote: »
    Note from self to past self: Level your other characters and get the free skeleton key on each to get artifacts leveled.

Of course the first chest I opened gave me two class items instead of a blue artifact...

I wasn't even going to play on my alts this expansion, but then I realized I can collect rare items and finish progression book tasks much quicker with them. I'm standing at 6 out of 8 Iron Lord Artifacts, have completed the Weekly Patrol task, and am ⅔ done with Iron Lord Bounties.

plus

who am I even kidding

i'll always go to my alts eventually

i can't quit you Destiny

awsimo on
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Omnigul will now drop rewards once during a Strike and will require the Strike to be finished to drop additional rewards

lmao never change Bungie.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Omnigul will now drop rewards once during a Strike and will require the Strike to be finished to drop additional rewards

lmao never change Bungie.

I think everyone saw that coming.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I've been stuck with all my gear 10 LL ahead of my Ghost and Artifacts for 2 days now.

Meanwhile I've gotten like 25 class items... Got a bunch of faction rank ups for a ghost, no dice, no luck on the skeleton keys I used last either and Eris is at 600/3000, which would be easy if I could solo the tier 3 this week, but I cant really solo Thalnok reliably.

Is there anywhere else that can drop either items over the legendary cap of 365? (I know the raid can, and I wanted to join the ones put up in the last few days if they werent set at 2AM.)

Raid, Eris and Skeleton keys for artifacts, like you said. It's super annoying, but I've been lucky with drops.

I have lucked out twice now on decoding purple armor engrams to get higher LL artifacts.

We were listing options for getting 365+ Ghost and Artifacts, I'm 379.

Legendary engrams sadly dont really help you if you are higher than 365, unless you get lucky and decrypt a legendary into an Exotic. (which can go up to 385)

Sirialis on
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Ugh, I need to get from 351 to like, at least 355 by Sunday raid

With the omnigul nerf what's the best approach. Chain run normal strikes? Heroic strikes? Archon thingymabib?
    Run a bunch of heroic strikes. The two blues the bosses drop go up to 365, and are usually higher LL than whatever piece of gear you have in their slot.

I thought I read that normal strikes were easier/faster and also dropped two blues at the end that go up to 365. Was that info faulty?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    PikaPuff wrote: »

I feel like this could be turned into an endless loop gif really really easily
    I expect there would be issues obscuring the refilling super, melee, and grenade bars.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Man, everyone always says run Heroic Strikes, and I get that it's better for Vanguard rep and whatnot, but running Sepiks Perfected at 320 via the Director gets you two guaranteed blue slot upgrades and takes 10-15 minutes max. Why doesn't everyone just do that? No chance of getting stuck on a difficult boss or anything.

I mean, I get if you want the variety of the Strike playlist and the extra rep. But if you're just looking for the fastest way to upgrade, isn't that it? It always gives two pieces of gear that are one or two LLs above that particular slot. I guess it's repetitive. But I love that strike.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

With the omnigul nerf what's the best approach. Chain run normal strikes? Heroic strikes? Archon thingymabib?
    Run a bunch of heroic strikes. The two blues the bosses drop go up to 365, and are usually higher LL than whatever piece of gear you have in their slot.

I thought I read that normal strikes were easier/faster and also dropped two blues at the end that go up to 365. Was that info faulty?
    I don't know, I haven't played enough normal strikes to feel confident disputing that.

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    362 Last night. Hopefully will be 365 by Raid time. But even if not I am good to go. I am a hair to 363 just need a Secondary Weapon to infuse.

Sweet, good news . I'm at 363 myself. I'm expecting 364, and then never getting an artifact to get me above that before raid time.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Guess I'm running Sepiks Perfected ... a lot tonight! Plus I need to hear that music. I had my volume super low the other night when I did it and my headphones were dead.

Fawst on
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Man, everyone always says run Heroic Strikes, and I get that it's better for Vanguard rep and whatnot, but running Sepiks Perfected at 320 via the Director gets you two guaranteed blue slot upgrades and takes 10-15 minutes max. Why doesn't everyone just do that? No chance of getting stuck on a difficult boss or anything.

I mean, I get if you want the variety of the Strike playlist and the extra rep. But if you're just looking for the fastest way to upgrade, isn't that it? It always gives two pieces of gear that are one or two LLs above that particular slot. I guess it's repetitive. But I love that strike.

I did 10 strikes in the non-heroic SIVA Crisis playlist the other day (I somehow convinced myself it was 10 for the book, did them, then realized it was 20 and quit) and didn't get any strike-end upgrade blues. Are the rewards different for running the strikes from the director?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian

I did 10 strikes in the non-heroic SIVA Crisis playlist the other day (I somehow convinced myself it was 10 for the book, did them, then realized it was 20 and quit) and didn't get any strike-end upgrade blues. Are the rewards different for running the strikes from the director?

Just on Sepiks, as far as I know. Sepiks at 320 from the Director provides the two upgrade blues.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Guess I'm running Sepiks Perfected ... a lot tonight! Plus I need to hear that music. I had my volume super low the other night when I did it and my headphones were dead.

I'll be on tonight, anytime after 6pm EST, if you want to group up. I'm sure we can find another PA'er who needs to gear up with us.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

I played it last night just to hear the music.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular

They do, but the playlist itself doesn't. You have to select the individual strikes. I got to 365 first by just alternating between 320 Sepiks Perfected and the new strike.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

The "upgrade" blues, the ones that go to 365, drop directly from the boss, not the Strike-end reward screen.

I think it's 1 Blue for non-Heroic and 2 Blues for Heroic, right?

EDIT: What @AuburnTiger said.

awsimo on
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    As someone who has never gotten a Horn Relay drop ever, I'll take these free ones Bungie :wink:

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    That forge update is great. I already have two offerings and was planning on forging tonight. Now I plan on forging all night.

616610-1.png
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

Just on Sepiks, as far as I know. Sepiks at 320 from the Director provides the two upgrade blues.

That's probably a bug but I'll take it. Ghost shells do exist in the strike reward loot table, don't they?

The Bungie RoI info page says Normal strikes only drop rewards up to 340 and Hard up to 365.
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45265/7_Destiny-Rise-of-Iron

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I love the forge when it's working. This change will ensure good groups won't dissipate nearly as fast.

There's nothing more frustrating then having to reset the instance multiple times to try and get into a group, then get into one only to have it dry out after 2-3 runs because the offerings dried up.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    edited September 2016

That's probably a bug but I'll take it. Ghost shells do exist in the strike reward loot table, don't they?

The Bungie RoI info page says Normal strikes only drop rewards up to 340 and Hard up to 365.
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45265/7_Destiny-Rise-of-Iron

Yeah, I have a 358 Ghost and a 355 Artifact that I got from running Sepiks a bunch. I think.

NEW THREAD: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/207228/destiny-rise-of-iron-welcome-to-the-machine/p1?new=1

GMaster7 on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I missed the first week of the raid because I wasn't able to get my LL high enough in the time I had.

I'm now at a raid-OK point (or will be by the weekend). Any XBoners interested in a blind-ish raid this weekend?

I'm on board. I went from 355 to about 362 last night just off the first two raid bosses, the chests and the ~30 engrams I grabbed out of the raid. You'll jump up in light in there, trust me.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »

The "upgrade" blues, the ones that go to 365, drop directly from the boss, not the Strike-end reward screen.

I think it's 1 Blue for non-Heroic and 2 Blues for Heroic, right?

EDIT: What @AuburnTiger said.

These blue upgrades drop once or you can farm them?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

This is really good to know. Guess what I'm doing tonight!

Edit: Also depending on when it is and how drops go I'm totally down for a raid this weekend.

Peen on
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    PikaPuff wrote: »

I feel like this could be turned into an endless loop gif really really easily

This was the best thing today.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    The blues from strikes being over 340 is really messing with me. I accidentally broke down a LL upgrade I think.

I'm not 100% sure if I did or not though.

I scrimped and saved and ground out every activity to get 100 marks, sprinted to Lakshmi-2 in the Tower and slammed them down on the table, yelling "350 shell u giev now!" ...went to equip it and found a 353 blue shell that I didn't even see go into my inventory when last I sprinted over the corpse of Alak'Hul, who is also the Darkblade.

destinytrubs.jpg

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    E - bah... old thread

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6