As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: Logical Journey of the (Death) Zambonis.

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited October 2016 in Games and Technology
We called it the Traveler, and its arrival changed us forever. Great cities were built on Mars and Venus; Mercury became a garden world. Human lifespan tripled. It was a time of miracles. We stared out at the galaxy and knew that it was our Destiny to walk in the light of other stars.

But the Traveler had an enemy. A Darkness - which had hunted it for eons, across the black gulfs of space, centuries after our Golden Age began. This Darkness... found us. And that was the end of everything.

That is, until Peter Dinklage Nolan North found you, Guardian!

7wqy627to2qz.jpg

Destiny: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy *deep breath* first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and Xbox One, and Xbox 360 and the first title in a proposed 10-year, zillion-dollar franchise from Bungie and Activision. It’s MMO-like – think gear, skill trees, leveling up, and party play – with an emphasis on exploration and discovery. As of September 20, 2016, we have entered Year Three of Destiny, which has ushered in a host of new content, quests, gear, weapon balance tweaks, and a brand new raid.

Still relevant: The game is set in our own solar system, 700 years in the future, following a prosperous period of exploration and colonization ushered in by the arrival of the “Traveler,” a mysterious celestial body (pictured above). The Golden Age came to an abrupt end as a result of a momentous event called “the Collapse,” a calamity that wiped out human colonies everywhere. Humanity has retreated to the Last City on Earth, our shared home and the launching point for our journey back to the stars, and from within its walls, we have begun to rebuild. We have begun to fight back. But even as we stand tall, our Light visible in the canyons and craters of far-off worlds, blinding our enemies with its brilliance, the Darkness threatens to close in around us. And everything we know about our enemy is about to change.

wm4i8qoihf2e.png

Rise of Iron

In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of Pax Arcadia traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. The Tower stands today because of our bravery and sacrifice in that first year. Our legend is known far and wide across the bloodied fields of the Crucible. We have earned the favor of the Queen and have protected her Reef from those who sought to tear it apart.

At times, our successes have seemed inevitable, almost routine. We've traveled backward and forward through time; we've crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we've destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. But we have faced trials as well, true challenges that required complete cooperation and tested our limits, especially in the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down humanity's greatest threat to date: Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

Now, in Year Three, a new threat has emerged. Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, have unearthed a plague more dangerous than even they understand. Corrupted enemies bear down on the walls of the Last City. Lord Saladin has called upon us to embark on the next step of our journey and to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords. We must retreat; we must regroup; we must rediscover the history of the Iron Lords and continue their legacy.

Eyes up, Guardians. Our work is just beginning.

Join the ranks of Pax Arcadia! Our clan is on both systems!

oys3p1lw64ty.png

We've assembled a Bungie.net group - and within that group, a PlayStation clan and an Xbox clan - so that PA G&Ters can play together. We're Pax Arcadia, and we're currently making our way through endgame content and crushing the Crucible in six-man fireteams on a nightly basis!

Edit (Sept. 20, 2016): We presently have room in the PA clan on Xbox One, but we're full up at the 100-person cap on the PS4 side for both PA and PA2. That being said, we're typically cycling people out for inactivity lasting over six months and spots tend to open up frequently! Follow the instructions below!

To join:
1. Send @GMaster7 (on the PS side) or @ObiFett (on the Xbox side) - or preferably, both - a PM, letting us know that you're joining the group(s) and applying to the clan.
2. Join the Bungie.net group for Pax Arcadia (right here, at this link). If necessary, you can hit up the group for Pax Arcadia II (right here), either instead or in addition, and join that, too. You don't need admin approval to join the groups.
3. Once you're in one or both Bungie.net groups, click "Set as PlayStation Clan" in the banner if you're on PS3/PS4 or "Set as Xbox Clan" in Pax Arcadia's banner if you're on 360/XB1 to officially request admission to that group's respective clan (either PA or PA2). If you're on PSN, you'll probably need to apply to PA2, the overflow clan. If you're on Xbox, you can apply to PA and don't need to mess with PA2.
4. Add yourself to the Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster that we've created to keep track of membership. Use the tabs at the bottom to select your console, and put yourself at the bottom of your tab's list. We'll bump you up to your proper alphabetical placement.
5. If you've sent us a PM and added yourself to the Mega-Roster, we'll accept you as soon as we can.
6. Friend some PAers, hop online, and take to the skies in the name of Pax Arcadia!

Find teammates with The100.io!

If you're looking for teammates for any activity, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
•Pax Arcadia - Xbox One: https://www.the100.io/groups/1397
•Pax Arcadia - Xbox 360: https://www.the100.io/groups/1398
•Pax Arcadia - PS4: https://www.the100.io/groups/1226

Useful Links and Utilities

Destiny Item Manager: Use this Chrome extension to move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory! Has more functionality than Bungie.net and is super useful: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/destiny-item-manager/apghicjnekejhfancbkahkhdckhdagna?hl=en

Track your stats - everything you might ever want to know - here, plus leaderboards, activity listings, vendors: http://www.destinytracker.com

SIVA Cluster Tracker: http://destinysivaclusters.com

Dead Ghost Tracker: http://destinydeadghosts.com

Calcified Fragment Tracker: http://destinycalcifiedfragments.com

DestinyDB - item lists and tons of info: http://www.destinydb.com

Destiny Public Events - event timers and maps: http://www.destinypublicevents.com

pliaxa7cbdom.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    There should have been an ARG for this new thread.

Solve the math puzzle for access.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Mmmm fresh new thread smell.

Great job on the new OP btw, @GMaster7.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    what's the recommended LL for the new thread and what's the quickest route to get there?

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Dumb question: what's a Horn Relay?

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »

It's like a standard 4x400 meter relay but instead of a baton, you pass a viking drinking horn you chug from.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

During SRL special horns could drop that were impermanent unless upgraded with a horn relay.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

You receive one by dismantling a legendary sparrow horn. You can infuse it into a blue sparrow horn to make it legendary (and permanent).

• Options
    So if you had blue sparrow horns in your inventory from SRL you could make them permanent/usable now?

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    @PotatoNinja I am also down for a blind raid this weekend (preferably Friday afternoon/evening). Freshly minted 360 Warlock, going to be heroic striking for a good chunk of the rest of the day for as much light as I can

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    So, we can manufacture infinite horn relays.

Odds next SLR requires a Horn Re-Relay to upgrade and the infinite horn relays are useless?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I did exactly one race when SRL came out. I won it and promptly retired an undefeated legend. Yes, I am that DrSkullnumbers.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I already have Gjallarhorn, Inception (King's) Horn, and Duck Horn, so I don't think I could ever need another.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    They'll probably have new horns. I want the novelty horns from GTA V.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Man, everyone always says run Heroic Strikes, and I get that it's better for Vanguard rep and whatnot, but running Sepiks Perfected at 320 via the Director gets you two guaranteed blue slot upgrades and takes 10-15 minutes max. Why doesn't everyone just do that? No chance of getting stuck on a difficult boss or anything.

I mean, I get if you want the variety of the Strike playlist and the extra rep. But if you're just looking for the fastest way to upgrade, isn't that it? It always gives two pieces of gear that are one or two LLs above that particular slot. I guess it's repetitive. But I love that strike.

I did 10 strikes in the non-heroic SIVA Crisis playlist the other day (I somehow convinced myself it was 10 for the book, did them, then realized it was 20 and quit) and didn't get any strike-end upgrade blues. Are the rewards different for running the strikes from the director?

The "upgrade" blues, the ones that go to 365, drop directly from the boss, not the Strike-end reward screen.

I think it's 1 Blue for non-Heroic and 2 Blues for Heroic, right?

EDIT: What @AuburnTiger said.

These blue upgrades drop once or you can farm them?

E - Repost because I think it got lost after the new thread in the old thread.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Man, everyone always says run Heroic Strikes, and I get that it's better for Vanguard rep and whatnot, but running Sepiks Perfected at 320 via the Director gets you two guaranteed blue slot upgrades and takes 10-15 minutes max. Why doesn't everyone just do that? No chance of getting stuck on a difficult boss or anything.

I mean, I get if you want the variety of the Strike playlist and the extra rep. But if you're just looking for the fastest way to upgrade, isn't that it? It always gives two pieces of gear that are one or two LLs above that particular slot. I guess it's repetitive. But I love that strike.

I did 10 strikes in the non-heroic SIVA Crisis playlist the other day (I somehow convinced myself it was 10 for the book, did them, then realized it was 20 and quit) and didn't get any strike-end upgrade blues. Are the rewards different for running the strikes from the director?

The "upgrade" blues, the ones that go to 365, drop directly from the boss, not the Strike-end reward screen.

They just drop once from the end boss; you can't farm them over and over like you could with Omnigul.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I did exactly one race when SRL came out. I won it and promptly retired an undefeated legend. Yes, I am that DrSkullnumbers.

To be honest the pros in the league just chalk that up to you being hyped up on space-steroids and not wanting to go through the drug test with Zavala staring you down as you had to piss in a cup.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    You know what? Fuck farming Legendary Marks. I'm just going to shard a ton of my hoarded gear. Most of it has sat in the Vault. Why bother keeping it? Time to just clear space and not look back. I don't use the majority of my exotics, either. The only thing that sucks is you don't get marks for sharding Y1 stuff. That's fine, I can just save the space. That way I can basically just farm engrams and have all the space in the world for them! I'll be like Scrooge McDuck with a Vault full of loot to dive into!

But for real, I'm sharding most of my shit. I don't feel like wasting time farming marks when I can just delete stuff I never use and get the amount I need to buy a Ghost Shell and a pair of 350 legs to infuse into something I actually wear.

Edit: Cadence Horn 4 lyfe

Fawst on
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular

They just drop once from the end boss; you can't farm them over and over like you could with Omnigul.

Sorry... I didn't state that well.

Can you run the strike repeatedly to get more high light blues or are the two blues a one time thing the first time you run the strike?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Fawst wrote: »
    You know what? Fuck farming Legendary Marks. I'm just going to shard a ton of my hoarded gear. Most of it has sat in the Vault. Why bother keeping it? Time to just clear space and not look back. I don't use the majority of my exotics, either. The only thing that sucks is you don't get marks for sharding Y1 stuff. That's fine, I can just save the space. That way I can basically just farm engrams and have all the space in the world for them! I'll be like Scrooge McDuck with a Vault full of loot to dive into!

But for real, I'm sharding most of my shit. I don't feel like wasting time farming marks when I can just delete stuff I never use and get the amount I need to buy a Ghost Shell and a pair of 350 legs to infuse into something I actually wear.

if you have the motes you should level them up first. You'll get 5 instead of 3 a piece. It might even be more efficient to level them up just a little because partial leveling will give 4 marks and will waste less motes.

maybe do a test and see if one mote will push it to the 4 threshold or not? It'd be worth the motes for an extra mark per break.

• Options
    edited September 2016

Sorry... I didn't state that well.

Can you run the strike repeatedly to get more high light blues or are the two blues a one time thing the first time you run the strike?

You can run the strikes over and over. I alternated between a few of them to avoid boredom.

But with the hotfix today, I'm curious to see if it's fixed; because it was obviously a bug.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »

To be honest the pros in the league just chalk that up to you being hyped up on space-steroids and not wanting to go through the drug test with Zavala staring you down as you had to piss in a cup.

I had an ether seed muffin for breakfast that morning, that's what caused the false positive, I swear!... Also, you try peeing infront of Zavala. So intense...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

if you have the motes you should level them up first. You'll get 5 instead of 3 a piece. It might even be more efficient to level them up just a little because partial leveling will give 4 marks and will waste less motes.

maybe do a test and see if one mote will push it to the 4 threshold or not? It'd be worth the motes for an extra mark per break.

I've got like 130 motes and a ton of gear to shard. Absolutely worth testing.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

I had an ether seed muffin for breakfast that morning, that's what caused the false positive, I swear!... Also, you try peeing infront of Zavala. So intense...

Didn't take long for this iteration of the thread to hit that weird point. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I accidentally dismantled my Antique Horn, which was the only one I liked up until the Gjallar Horn. I want a horn that's Nolandroid yelling, "BEEP! BEEP!"

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular

You know, I ran The Abomination Heist a couple nights ago, and I think that one might be even faster than Sepiks Perfected. There's only one forced encounter (waiting for Ghost to break the Hive triptych), and then you can pretty much run past everything else straight to the boss.

I don't remember for sure if it dropped two Blues like Sepiks and Wretched Eye, but I have to imagine it does since it's a 320 Strike.

• Options
    OctavianOctavian Registered User regular
    GMaster7

If you select the Sepiks PErfected 320 Strike, do you get credit towards the 0/20 Strikes in the Iron Lords book? I think I initially did the strike playlist to work on my 0/20, and saw that I was getting crappy blue rewards often (225 blues), so I assumed the normal strike playlist wasnt a valid option to get upgrades. So I switched to all Heroic.

But that MIGHT have been because several of the strikes were broken and dropping blues that were too low in level. They MAY have fixed that, which means that you should run the 320 Strike Playlist till 20/20, then just run your favorite if you want (Sepiks Perfected) after that for upgrades.

Also, a word of caution to everyone thinking that Eris Morn rep is going to fix their Artifact issues. I ran with GMaster7, monkey7, and the forwardboxers last night. It was a bit tedious until I got an Eris Morn bounty Chain (3 bounties worth 1750 Rep). But I managed to rank up Eris Morn. Then when I went visit her with my 364 gear on, she rewarded me with a 366 Warlock bond, not an artifact. And I already had a 366.

So I rejoined forward and monkey to start the rep grind again, but without the bounties to boost, it got depressing fast. I think I may just settle with being 364.

PSN: TitusPullo13
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Still haven't made Heroic strike playlist count for the book, huh? Goddamnit Bungie

I really don't want to waste time on the 320 playlist

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Still haven't made Heroic strike playlist count for the book, huh? Goddamnit Bungie

It should really be ANY Strike.

• Options

It's good for farming 3oC and Skeleton Keys quickly. That's about it. Both of my skeleton key drops (not the freebies from quests) have come from the 320 playlist.

• Options
    I was under the impression that skeleton keys only dropped in Heroic

• Options
    I was under the impression that skeleton keys only dropped in Heroic

Nope; here's the bungie.net Help article
    Skeleton Key rewards have a chance to be granted upon defeating final bosses in Strike Activities. These items will appear as Legendary Engrams.

Once owned, players may use their Skeleton Key to open a Strike Hoard in any Strike that contains a unique reward. Players may hold up to 5 keys in inventory, per Character.

Skeleton Keys may be acquired through the following Strike Playlists:

SIVA Crisis
    Heroic SIVA Crisis
    Weekly Vanguard Nightfall

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Looks like the key thing is that you gotta be in the actual playlist.

I didn't see a single key running sepiks perfected via the director. Unless it's just gonna take over 50 runs to see one in a 320 strike.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    Yeah, it has to be the playlist.

• Options
    TW@B is up.

Highlights:
    Trials start tomorrow.
    Iron Banner is next week, 04-Oct.
    >Game type = Supremacy
    >No Tempered buff, 4 weekly bounties
    >Auto Rifle, Shotgun, Gloves, Class Item
    Ghosts/Artifacts drop too infrequently; looking into fix
    Known issues list

**IF YOU WANT TO WATCH THE MOVIES, BE AWARE THAT #3 CONTAINS FOOTAGE OF THE FINAL RAID BOSS**

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    So the Iron Banner set is just the normal Days of Iron set without the Ornament option?

At least they should be able to get decent perks.

• Options
    Interesting, guess running the 320 light list isn't a huge waste then

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Sirialis wrote: »
    So the Iron Banner set is just the normal Days of Iron set without the Ornament option?

At least they should be able to get decent perks.

Aww

Thats unfortunate. I really dislike the Days of Iron hunter gear personally. Fortunately they have the best looking raid gear.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Warlock gets shafted on both, least desirable Days of Iron Set (when ornamented) and the Warlock Raid Set is not my cup of tea, especially the helmet which looks dumb.

At least the unornamented Days of Iron Set for Warlocks looks pretty decent.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I put a raid on the 100, but if anyone wants to ToO Saturday afternoon instead I'd rather do that.

What is this I don't even.