As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Superhero [chat] of Hoboken

19495969798100»

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    in these verkosigan books the have vat meat and actual meat is like viewed as unspeakably primitive and i'm like uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you crazy, real meat from real animals is fucking delish
    Presumably vat meat tastes just as good as actual meat, but doesn't involve killing things.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    in these verkosigan books the have vat meat and actual meat is like viewed as unspeakably primitive and i'm like uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TBF

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

huh. guess i missed a special.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    everyone knows that in the future everyone is vegan

and bi

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

Presumably vat meat tastes just as good as actual meat, but doesn't involve killing things.

If one is raised on vat meat all their lives, they'd likely prefer vat meat to the real stuff. Like how Americans like Coke made with corn syrup vs. Coke made with sugar.

• Options
    ah krathoon has opened the tear sluice

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    wandering wrote: »
    everyone knows that in the future everyone is vegan

and bi

are they also pink.

this is critical

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    There are already like

A huge number of people who like eating meat and yet are totally unfamiliar with where that meat actually comes from

These're usually the people who are like, "Well sure I eat meat but I don't know about foie gras / lamb / veal / etc"

We're practically there already

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2016
    give me vat meat that is within 10% of the price, within 10% of the flavor, and with 90% of scientists saying it won't give me buttaids and i'll probably stop eating real meat

Organichu on
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    give me vat meat that is within 10% of the price, within 10% of the flavor, and with 90% of scientists saying it won't give me buttaids and i'll probably stop eating real meat

i could get behind this if i could hunt like one deer, one turkey, and one various.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Part of my depression slump earlier this year led me to some real deep introspective thinkin' re: my consumption of meat

then I was like "wait meat is delicious" and punched a cow to death so I could devour its bovine heart

• Options
  • Options
    Krathoon wrote: »

the entire time i was thinking I was getting a huge Rose vibe from her and then they go and call her Bill :rotate:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QXQvO9u.jpg

you posted this. many billions of years ago. i think.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

i could get behind this if i could hunt like one deer, one turkey, and one various.

this "various" category

would it happen to include... long pig...

• Options
    I don't remember even seeing it before! But maybe

• Options
    First of all, marketing. A population is never going to eat vat meat when it's called 'vat meat'. That sounds artificial, processed, and completely unappetizing.

Science meat? Ethical meat?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I had gator meat today.

It tasted like pork, with a touch of something else I couldn't quite place.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »

If one is raised on vat meat all their lives, they'd likely prefer vat meat to the real stuff. Like how Americans like Coke made with corn syrup vs. Coke made with sugar.

Pfft, you can buy Coke with sugar in the US. It's delicious.

• Options
    QXQvO9u.jpg

I don't like this new look for Galactus.

• Options
    Marketing is considered one of the reasons why kangaroo has never hit the market in a major way, despite the meat being relatively plentiful and way more ecologically sustainable than other meat sources (esp. beef)

I remember reading that a firm tried to come up with a new name for kangaroo meat that would distance the image of the kangaroo from its delicious proteins but the end result - Australis - just sounds like a spaceship from some hard SF series about space-antipodeans

• Options
    edited October 2016
    This is my favorite Doctor Who moment.

To me this is the best episode of Who.

This is the end of the episode. Major Spoilers.
    The Doctor is trying to convince Van Gogh to not kill himself.
    https://youtu.be/ubTJI_UphPk

Krathoon on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Other finalists for the name included kangarly, maroo, krou, maleen, kuja, roujoe, rooviande, jurru, ozru, marsu, kep, kangasaurus, marsupan, jumpmeat, and MOM (meat of marsupials).

Listen when someone tells me to eat their MOM I have a very different idea

not that I'm saying no, mind

simonwolf on
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Other finalists for the name included kangarly, maroo, krou, maleen, kuja, roujoe, rooviande, jurru, ozru, marsu, kep, kangasaurus, marsupan, jumpmeat, and MOM (meat of marsupials).

Listen when someone tells me to eat their MOM I have a very different idea

not that I'm saying no, mind

Jump meat? Did this list come from professional advertisers or a room full of stoners?

• Options
  • Options
    21 Jumpmeat was my favourite 1980s police show

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Godson visiting today

Odds are we will shoot many zombies

• Options
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Marketing is considered one of the reasons why kangaroo has never hit the market in a major way, despite the meat being relatively plentiful and way more ecologically sustainable than other meat sources (esp. beef)

I remember reading that a firm tried to come up with a new name for kangaroo meat that would distance the image of the kangaroo from its delicious proteins but the end result - Australis - just sounds like a spaceship from some hard SF series about space-antipodeans
    call it "nudes"

everyone loves nudity

"want some nudes?" "pass the nudes"

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 3.8

@Chanus will create the new thread
    @simonwolf is backup

This discussion has been closed.