As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

Why have I been top-of-the-page so much recently. I think I may be cursed.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Wow, 21 signups already! You all are awesome.

Signups will be open a bit longer, and of course I will also accept requests to be an alternate/replacement. Current plan is to send out role PMs on Sunday (in about 50-60 hours from this post) to allow for a brief pre-game ("night zero") period, then the actual game will start on Monday (since I said that it wouldn't start before then).

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I will play.

I need to be more talkative in games, anyway, and this will force that.

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    As for vig call shenanigans, my guess (completely uninformed) would be this, if nobody else has already said it:

Guard (if any) will have to choose his target by the end of the Day phase. Mafia get to pick their target during the Night phase. Therefore, the vig would need to call his kill far enough in advance to secure the guard's attentions, which also allows other shenanigans to take place -- bus drivers, roleblockers, etc.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I wanna play!

JusticeforPluto on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    As for vig call shenanigans, my guess (completely uninformed) would be this, if nobody else has already said it:

Guard (if any) will have to choose his target by the end of the Day phase. Mafia get to pick their target during the Night phase. Therefore, the vig would need to call his kill far enough in advance to secure the guard's attentions, which also allows other shenanigans to take place -- bus drivers, roleblockers, etc.

Why would the guard need to pick their target during the day?
    The one shot guard amulet has to be passed during the day though.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    If I say "I'm the vig, and I'm shooting disc tonight" one minute before end of day, the guard only has one minute to guard me. Then, the witches get all night to pick who to kill (probably the vig).

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Don't forget the vote needing a majority of living players or it doesnt kill

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I don't read the whole OP and I'm starting to feel like I need to because some of this sounds bonkers

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I don't read the whole OP and I'm starting to feel like I need to because some of this sounds bonkers

Make it up as you go

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

Make it up as you go

Always the best choice. This is how I roll.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

Make it up as you go

This way they can't tell if you're mafia or an idiot. Best plan.

edited October 2016
    Brody wrote: »
    If I say "I'm the vig, and I'm shooting disc tonight" one minute before end of day, the guard only has one minute to guard me. Then, the witches get all night to pick who to kill (probably the vig).

Why does the guard only have one minute to guard?
    It seems likely to me that 'night actions' would include the village vig and the village guard.

So the village vig would only need to pick who to vig during the day and then inform everyone before the vote closes. Then witches/guard/busdriver and so on try to mess with the vig however they want after vote closes.

discrider on
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016

Edit: never mind my original question was already spelled out in the OP

Night phase order of operations
    1. Results phase: any results of the day, private or public, are posted
    2. Targeting phase: targets for all night actions are selected simultaneously
    3. Block/redirect/modify phase: actions that block, redirect, or otherwise modify another player’s action resolve
    4. Info/protection phase: other actions that do not involve the possibility of a player dying resolve
    5. Killing phase: any night kills (including the Witch Coven’s Murder) resolve

Day phase order of operations
    1. Results phase: any results of the night, private or public, are posted
    2. Players vote to select a target to Execute.
    3. At the deadline, if a majority has been reached, the vote target is killed, otherwise no target is killed. If it is Day One, the player with the plurality of votes for the Amulet of Protection claims it.

Gizzy on
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    So it looks like night is when all orders resolve. But I'm not sure at which point orders are submitted.

Are village orders submitted during the day phase or night phase?

Gizzy wrote: »
    Are village orders submitted during the day phase or night phase?

Generally speaking, most roles with night actions (e.g. seer) would submit orders during the night phase (that is, after the results of the day have been posted).

Some roles may require orders to be submitted during the day. This should be spelled out in the corresponding role PM.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Nah I'll figure it out lol.

Cythraul on
    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    edited October 2016
    Signups are now closed. Role PMs will go out later today.

eta:
    OP updated with sample villager PM

Fry on
    All PMs are out. If you did not receive your PM(s), please get in touch with me privately. If you did receive a PM, please respond to it so I know that you've seen it.

It is now pregame. Game discussion is open, but votes will be disregarded until the game actually starts.

One or more players may be making decisions that happen "at the start of the game." The actual game will start in 24 hours from this post, or once I have received all decisions.

Congrats on getting married soon Gizzy and Zombie!

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ahem
    Fry wrote: »

It is now pregame. Game discussion is open, but votes will be disregarded until the game actually starts..

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    It says disregarded kime, but doesn't say we can't :P

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    So what is it we are suppose to do in this "pregame"?

Because I say we party old school, raise some hell, make some mistakes, comment some sins!

Comment on sin? Kind of weird, but sure.

Are we going on the Catholic 7, or a wider spread?

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Aw hell im a fan of all seven

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I swear I shall take great pleasure in ripping apart the assholes who created the hellspawned program known as Spellcheck!

As far as commenting on sins, you could do that whole Confession thing, but really, does that devolve you of those sins or do they just make you feel better about being an awful person?

Of course, I've always got an open ear. Especially if you look good in a dress.

• corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    confession absolves you from sin, not devolves.

you should pay more attention in sunday school.

corvidae wrote: »
    confession absolves you from sin, not devolves.

you should pay more attention in sunday school.

So I can listen to people twist my Father's messages around so that you can sleep with little boys? Please, I have better things to do on Sundays.

Also, I already feel great about being a terrible person.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Comment on sin? Kind of weird, but sure.

Are we going on the Catholic 7, or a wider spread?

I was thinking, like, footnotes.

I have some good ones for Pride and Sloth if needed.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

It looks like, from my own PM and the sample villager role, that every villager has a role.
    That is, I don't think there are any vanillagers in this game.

So we're probably in a Town of Salem like game where we soft confirm each other based on our roles rather than our actions.
    Although... we don't have a complete list of roles and effects to check against, so we can't just ask everyone for the fifteenth word of their role PM to win (or otherwise determine who's lying about their role).

discrider wrote: »
    It looks like, from my own PM and the sample villager role, that every villager has a role.
    That is, I don't think there are any vanillagers in this game.

So we're probably in a Town of Salem like game where we soft confirm each other based on our roles rather than our actions.
    Although... we don't have a complete list of roles and effects to check against, so we can't just ask everyone for the fifteenth word of their role PM to win (or otherwise determine who's lying about their role).

15th word in mine says "immortal".

• GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    15th? "the"

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Intersting. I think I'll enjoy this!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Mine is "perspicacity."

Make of that what you will.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Mine is which, I think Fry has a typo.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Remember that time we all played town of Salem but we couldn't get fifteen of us or make private rooms. Good times.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »
    Remember that time we all played town of Salem but we couldn't get fifteen of us or make private rooms. Good times.

You can do the private room thing now I believe, but yeah, I have heard that went poorly.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Auralynx wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »

You can do the private room thing now I believe, but yeah, I have heard that went poorly.

There was some guy who kept making jokes about Paul Walker's car crash.