As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Mace is only decent. He is very luck based with his expose passive proccing. If you don't expose an enemy, or the right enemy, his damage is pretty weak. I honestly don't know why he is classified as a tank, because he isn't very tanky, he offers no defensive buffs or utility to the team, and his best attribute is being able to strip buffs from a target, and QGJ can do that and is a way stronger option overall.

In short- Mace isn't a good fit for really any team.

Anakin is ok, he brings the healing immunity debuff to the team, which is rare on LS heroes. So he's a good choice.

Yoda is a good choice too, if you've unlocked him. Yoda isn't the hardest of hitters, but he's quick and gets a lot of turns, he is hard to hit due to his self evasiveness buff, and he can steal and share buffs with your whole team, making him a good all around option.

One last jedi suggestion is Obi-Wan. He has AOE skill block, which can be quite useful, especially in the Arena and Galactic Wars. Obi himself isn't really that great. When I'm fighting him, I always ignore him and save him for last. But. That skill lock can be a massive inconvenience and if you time it well, you can really take advantage of it.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    As an aside, stealing Kylo's counter attack with Yoda and then giving it to the entire team is utterly hilarious.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Jedi teams are really good for GW. They have a lot of healers and controllers to manipulate the fight in the best way so that you take minimal damage and get your cooldowns low for the next fight.

In the Arena Jedi's can be pretty good but at least the group I was using would have trouble finishing people off before the time limit stopped the fight. It seemed almost 1 in 5 times I had the fight won but I couldn't get the last guy or two left because of the low damage output. Throw in all the evasion and hitpoint mods and some fights simply aren't winnable in the time given. Lately I have been going back to my droid group. They don't always win but at least it's over quickly, win or lose, and I'm not wasting my time.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    So, I've got a squad of 5-7 star characters, all level 63.

The current guild I'm in is doing Tier 3 raid and it takes about two days to complete. I'm usually coming in rank 4-6. Should I look for a different guild, or is that a reasonable pace? If I should look for a different guild, is there a good place to do so?
    It depends. Are the rewards not offering you enough of a bump? Even at a lower rank in the raid, the next tier offers far superior rewards. I think sometimes people get so caught up on placing as high as possible that they overlook the rewards available. Take a peek through the rewards, because I'm pretty sure that the rewards from placing 21-30 in T4 are better than placing 1-3 in T3. Even if it isn't "better," they are at least comparable.

If you feel like you're in a rut, you may want to consider looking for a guild that is doing tier 4.

EDIT: I should have given you a link to easily view the rewards: https://swgoh.gg/db/raids/the-pit/rewards/

Doesn't look like there'd be a noticeable difference in reward total, assuming I'd drop from ranking 5-10 into ranking 15-20, so mostly it'd come down to whether raids were completing faster or slower.

Also whether I'd be getting more donations more frequently. Currently the requests I put in are for higher level gear that no one seems to be handing out. That might actually have an overall larger impact, if I joined a guild where my requests were being filled more often because there were more higher level people with a surplus of stuff.

But maybe no one ever has a surplus of that stuff, because they still need to for secondary teams?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Double rewards weekend, and it has already begun!

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Nggh I had decided that I have already spent the reasonable amount of money on this game and won't spend more, but now I feel tempted to buy a bunch of crystals so I have enough energy to capitalize on the double rewards.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    I happened to have been saving a bunch of crystals, so I bought one of those mods packs. And I might buy another.

So this double rewards weekend is for the celebration of their new Tournament PVP mode. Which isn't available yet even though they already patched it in.

This game does not need more PVP. I don't know who their idiot feature implementation guy is, but he obviously has a much different goal for this game than myself or anybody else I've talked to.

Pretty much everyone I've talked to about this game wants more PVE. More events, more raids, more PVE content.

And instead we're getting yet another PVP mode, and from the way it sounds, we're getting yet another currency to collect inside the Tournament. Which is fantastic. Because this game doesn't have enough currencies already.

• Options
    What are the rewards that are doubled? I thought hard mode was included but I didn't really notice extra rewards.

• Options
    All LS/DS hard modes should be displaying a "2" under the shard portraits and gear drop, same with Cantina battles.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Also whether I'd be getting more donations more frequently. Currently the requests I put in are for higher level gear that no one seems to be handing out. That might actually have an overall larger impact, if I joined a guild where my requests were being filled more often because there were more higher level people with a surplus of stuff.

But maybe no one ever has a surplus of that stuff, because they still need to for secondary teams?
    This is a common complaint. The issue is that it seems like everyone is always asking for the hard-to-get, high-level gear. I'm lucky that most people in my guild try to help out with that stuff, but too often I see 5-10 people asking for the same gear pieces that take a ton of work to get. What I tend to ask for is lower gear that I could get, but would waste energy on trying to obtain when I could be using it on higher-level gear. When I do this, I always get 10/10 for what I request; everyone seems to have that junk laying around. Additionally, I get to focus my energy on the gear that is harder to get.

When I do ask for the higher-level gear, I try to ask for something that no one is currently asking for. It increases your chance that people will help. 5 people asking for MK V CEC Fusion Salvage means most of them won't get what they are asking for. It's rare that anyone has a surplus of items like that, considering some toons require 3 fully built versions just to level up. That's 150 salvage that you could only get in raids or the guild store. I say "could" because apparently some PVE shipments will now contain things like that. Honestly, I think that is a good idea, but the amount of effort I put in to getting those previously makes my black heart weep.

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    Ohhhh daaaaaamn... In case any of you are wondering, the mod pack is totally worth it. I got 8 mods, all variations of color and MK. Super stoked to get all of those potency mods, too, as those will be incredibly helpful. If you 600 crystal laying around, I highly recommend it..

Side note: It's 09.30 and the tournaments are still not available. I don't know what's going on, as they should have been available yesterday, as they stated 09.29 was the deadline to release it. Is it still Thursday somewhere?

• Options

This is a common complaint. The issue is that it seems like everyone is always asking for the hard-to-get, high-level gear. I'm lucky that most people in my guild try to help out with that stuff, but too often I see 5-10 people asking for the same gear pieces that take a ton of work to get. What I tend to ask for is lower gear that I could get, but would waste energy on trying to obtain when I could be using it on higher-level gear. When I do this, I always get 10/10 for what I request; everyone seems to have that junk laying around. Additionally, I get to focus my energy on the gear that is harder to get.

When I do ask for the higher-level gear, I try to ask for something that no one is currently asking for. It increases your chance that people will help. 5 people asking for MK V CEC Fusion Salvage means most of them won't get what they are asking for. It's rare that anyone has a surplus of items like that, considering some toons require 3 fully built versions just to level up. That's 150 salvage that you could only get in raids or the guild store. I say "could" because apparently some PVE shipments will now contain things like that. Honestly, I think that is a good idea, but the amount of effort I put in to getting those previously makes my black heart weep.

Yeah, I'm asking for something no one else is, but it's still a higher tier I think. The only requests we seem to fill are for the blues that everyone has 200 of.

• Options
    I've been doing requests for some of the mid-tier gear, like level 5 or 6 stuff that's more rare.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I happened to have been saving a bunch of crystals, so I bought one of those mods packs. And I might buy another.

So this double rewards weekend is for the celebration of their new Tournament PVP mode. Which isn't available yet even though they already patched it in.

This game does not need more PVP. I don't know who their idiot feature implementation guy is, but he obviously has a much different goal for this game than myself or anybody else I've talked to.

Pretty much everyone I've talked to about this game wants more PVE. More events, more raids, more PVE content.

And instead we're getting yet another PVP mode, and from the way it sounds, we're getting yet another currency to collect inside the Tournament. Which is fantastic. Because this game doesn't have enough currencies already.
    If the PVPers are the main source of monetization then they are going to give them what they want first. I don't know what the actual breakdown is but I do know for many other games PvP is where most of the money comes from. It can also be implemented on the cheap as it usually doesn't require the amount of new content for something like a PvE mode.

For me most of the game revolves around the arena. I sim almost everything else. I also wish they had a direct PvP mode as playing the AI can be annoying and it limits the number of strategies you can use making the game more shallow that it should be.

• Options
    I'm more of a PVE person, but it always feels like the majority wants PVP.

• Options
    I'd imagine this game has two kinds of whales: the collect-them-alls and the PvP rank enthusiasts. Both of these categories will happily invest in the new currency.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    The explosion of credit availability has been highly welcome, we were scrimping and saving for far too long there. GW remains a bit of a mess (for me), but at least I can finish it now and then again.

The GW currency I find pretty acceptable. I'm almost done all of the characters in that store, but that's less "clearly it's fine because I'm good with it" and more "it's something that can be accrued and used in a reasonable period of time, even if that scale is still 'entire quarters, plural, of the year'.

The Arena currency... ehhh, I've been top 200 for most of the year, sometimes ducking into the top 100. At that level, taking around a month and change to max out a character's shards isn't too bad, but obviously a large percentage of the population takes even longer (by, err, not being in the top 200). That's unfortunate, but again, at least progress can be made week to week, month to month.

The Cantina currency I find a bit obnoxious. Painfully slow to accrue if you're not buying energy refills, and even then it's a long, long climb from 0 to 330, especially with some of the characters found in there (QGJ I'm looking at you).

A new one.... *sigh*. I can't say I'm a fan, but I'm trying to keep an open mind and see just how usable it actually is (how much we get, how much say we can realistically have in that, how long it takes to put that to use, etc).

• Options
    Well, this Tournament thing is live.

The implementation is atrocious. The level of pay to win is criminal.

This event might be the straw that broke the camel's back and finally gets me to quit this game. I did two battles, saw how poorly I placed, and my desire to continue to participate has dropped to nothing.

• Options
    Went searching for details on the event, this is what I found.
    Tournament: details of how it works.
    submitted 13 hours ago * by Faydark_AU

First, you set a defensive team (depends on which level bracket you're in, 5 characters for level 80). Does not count against your daily character use limit.
    Then you go on offense, which works like Arena mostly - mash refresh button to find the easiest team you can beat, and defeat it losing the least amount of characters on your team.
    By default, you can use each character in your roster on offense ONE time per 24 hours.

You can refresh a used character for a crystal cost ( thanks /u/Malorey and /u/MerryJane1842 5, 15, 25, 50, 100, 150 max).

There is no time limit on a battle.

You get points for each character you defeat, and each character that survives a battle - you earn more for each character that survives than you do for each character defeated. (eg at level 80, 12 points per character killed, 30 per character that survives.) The higher your rank, the less points you earn (eg 9 for a kill, 21 for a survive at rank 200 - 500 etc).

Your score determines your rank, highest score = rank 1, next highest = rank 2 and so on.

I don't know if there's a limit on how many refreshes you can do, but I'm sure some whales will report on that later.

Strategy: choose your best arena team(s) for offense, and keep refreshing them indefinitely to keep earning more points. Whomever refreshes the most wins. =(

At this point, approx 45 mins after it started, I've fought 5 battles and not lost yet, exhausting my viable PvP characters. I have 682 points. Rank 1 has 2167 points and climbing. EDIT: I did a couple of 5/15 refreshes (for science!) and am now at 1002 points, placing me at rank 250. The top rank is now at 3906 points. I'm losing about 1 rank per minute currently. Will be interesting to see where I'm at in the morning after the daily refresh.

Considering level 80 is competing against every other level 80 in your region (EU, NA, Oceanic), unless you are doing a lot of crystal refreshes per day, you're unlikely to get anything except some credits (200k) and a few (5) Shoretrooper shards. Raid gear is reserved for top 3500 ranks.

• Options
    edited October 2016

This event might be the straw that broke the camel's back and finally gets me to quit this game. I did two battles, saw how poorly I placed, and my desire to continue to participate has dropped to nothing.
    It's 100% garbage. 2 hours in and top dog has around 4,000 points. I've been praising how this game isn't really pay-to-win. I can no longer do that. This is beyond blatant. I get why they are doing it (to make money), but after the "Look at me! New stuff coming! Look at what we're doing for you!" that was thrown around, I did not expect to see this crap. I'm honestly pretty pissed about it.

I'll still participate minimally, because you still get something out of it, but I'm not wasting money to hit the second-to-last prize group. I don't have $50 a day to blow on this tournament. Not doing it.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    What is making this tournament pay to win? I don't have the game installed right now so I'm out of the loop for what they just added.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    What is making this tournament pay to win? I don't have the game installed right now so I'm out of the loop for what they just added.

You enter into pvp matches, and get points for each character your team kills, and how many of your characters survive. You can only use each character once per day, BUT, you can spend crystals to 'refresh' spent characters, meaning the people willing to spend hundreds of dollars on crystals in refreshes will have the highest spots, because anyone who isn't paying for refreshes won't remotely be able to keep up.

So the 'whales' who paid to have an advantage in terms of breadth and depth of roster will also use their best squads again and again while the rest of us burn out after 2-5'ish fights and start throwing the kitchen sink at the opponents.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Oh. Yeah. That's bad.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    So I've been trying a droid team (Poggle, Geonosian Soldier, IG-86, IG-89, IG-100) on the Arena and it seems a lot less consistent than my standard team of Luminara + Leia + Ventress + RG + IG-86. My rank is also less stable with droids, whereas people don't seem to attack my regular team very much. I feel IG-86 and IG-89 are just too squishy. It seems I really need RG in there to keep the droids alive long enough to do their thing. Not sure who to drop? Poggle, and make IG-89 the leader for a crit buff?

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Forar wrote: »
    The explosion of credit availability has been highly welcome, we were scrimping and saving for far too long there. GW remains a bit of a mess (for me), but at least I can finish it now and then again.

The GW currency I find pretty acceptable. I'm almost done all of the characters in that store, but that's less "clearly it's fine because I'm good with it" and more "it's something that can be accrued and used in a reasonable period of time, even if that scale is still 'entire quarters, plural, of the year'.

The Arena currency... ehhh, I've been top 200 for most of the year, sometimes ducking into the top 100. At that level, taking around a month and change to max out a character's shards isn't too bad, but obviously a large percentage of the population takes even longer (by, err, not being in the top 200). That's unfortunate, but again, at least progress can be made week to week, month to month.

The Cantina currency I find a bit obnoxious. Painfully slow to accrue if you're not buying energy refills, and even then it's a long, long climb from 0 to 330, especially with some of the characters found in there (QGJ I'm looking at you).

A new one.... *sigh*. I can't say I'm a fan, but I'm trying to keep an open mind and see just how usable it actually is (how much we get, how much say we can realistically have in that, how long it takes to put that to use, etc).

QGJ is the only Cantina character I've maxed, and I did so on the month or month and a half I've been playing. Then I moved on to buying other random stuff.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    So I've been trying a droid team (Poggle, Geonosian Soldier, IG-86, IG-89, IG-100) on the Arena and it seems a lot less consistent than my standard team of Luminara + Leia + Ventress + RG + IG-86. My rank is also less stable with droids, whereas people don't seem to attack my regular team very much. I feel IG-86 and IG-89 are just too squishy. It seems I really need RG in there to keep the droids alive long enough to do their thing. Not sure who to drop? Poggle, and make IG-89 the leader for a crit buff?
    I know exactly what you mean, and they are very squishy because they hit so damn hard. Put some health mods in them to beef up their survivability. What I've found to counter their squishiness is to make HK the leader. At Omega, he grants 50% TM bonus on crit (and those guys crit often), which translates into firing more often with your big guns. That means all you have to do is survive the first initial barrage, then it's open season on them.

My goal is to get Nebit and pair him with the Jawa Engineer. I've seen those two paired with HK, 88, and 86. It's amazing synergy that they have.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean, and they are very squishy because they hit so damn hard. Put some health mods in them to beef up their survivability. What I've found to counter their squishiness is to make HK the leader. At Omega, he grants 50% TM bonus on crit (and those guys crit often), which translates into firing more often with your big guns. That means all you have to do is survive the first initial barrage, then it's open season on them.

My goal is to get Nebit and pair him with the Jawa Engineer. I've seen those two paired with HK, 88, and 86. It's amazing synergy that they have.
    I'm currently working on Nebit as well. I already have the Jawa Engineer. I had been using RG as a tank since his taunt is automatic and he gives them a stunner (I don't use IG-100). But having run into Nebit it looks like that's a better deal.

My droids have been my main team for awhile. They just lay down damage. Their synergy is to lay down more damage faster. Not terribly complicated.

They do have some issues like fighting someone with two tanks (almost always RG and ST Han). They can have a hard time as they can't break taunts, forcing them to try to just bludgeon the tanks to death faster than the rest of the enemy team's remaining guys trying to kill you. You also want to steer clear of groups with Leaders who enhance evasion like Luminara and Old Ben. IG-88 can dump 12k on someone's head when criting but he can't afford to miss as he's made of cardboard.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Apostate wrote: »

I'm currently working on Nebit as well. I already have the Jawa Engineer. I had been using RG as a tank since his taunt is automatic and he gives them a stunner (I don't use IG-100). But having run into Nebit it looks like that's a better deal.

My droids have been my main team for awhile. They just lay down damage. Their synergy is to lay down more damage faster. Not terribly complicated.

They do have some issues like fighting someone with two tanks (almost always RG and ST Han). They can have a hard time as they can't break taunts, forcing them to try to just bludgeon the tanks to death faster than the rest of the enemy team's remaining guys trying to kill you. You also want to steer clear of groups with Leaders who enhance evasion like Luminara and Old Ben. IG-88 can dump 12k on someone's head when criting but he can't afford to miss as he's made of cardboard.
    I use 5s as my "tank," even though he doesn't have a taunt. He slows everyone down, a high counter chance, and has an assist, which is helpful for the droid crit TM bonus. The trick I use on squishies hiding behind RG (*cough*Rey*cough*) is to whittle her down just enough so that when 86 uses Assassin Droid Tactics, he and the assist take the target out without worrying about RG's auto-taunt. Additionally, if 88 has good potency, Rapid Fire is good for ability blocking their team once RG has his taunt up.

Another thing I try to do is target the tank if 88 or HK place a DEF down on a tank. That's a prime opportunity to take out their meat shield, and 88/86 can really lay it down on them then. I used to have Iluminara on my team, but I rarely use her healing ability, so I swapped her out for QGJ. His assist is crucial, plus he can take that pesky taunt away if you need to, and also put offense up on your team. Offense up on 88 and 86 is siiiiiick!

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I've been using an admiral ackbar lead team with leia, qui gon, rey, and one of the jedi healers. It works well in galactic war, but pvp I tend to run across people with massive hps and ackbar and qui gon for me do not, so they die before I can get the most use out of them.

I also think ackbar's leadership ability is kind of fucked up, because when he's dead you don't get assists on non attack moves as often/reliably.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

It's 100% garbage. 2 hours in and top dog has around 4,000 points. I've been praising how this game isn't really pay-to-win. I can no longer do that. This is beyond blatant. I get why they are doing it (to make money), but after the "Look at me! New stuff coming! Look at what we're doing for you!" that was thrown around, I did not expect to see this crap. I'm honestly pretty pissed about it.

I'll still participate minimally, because you still get something out of it, but I'm not wasting money to hit the second-to-last prize group. I don't have $50 a day to blow on this tournament. Not doing it.

Yes the tournament thing is pretty badly pay to win if you want to get top slots. For me I was just using the shards I got from the daily stuff to refresh my main team a couple times. The first refresh per day was only 5 shards so not to bad. I managed to get into bracket 9 which was pretty solid rewards for what I did and not something that required any major outlay of shard/cash. But yes if somebody wants to place in the top 10 it is pure pay to win.

• Options
    Man, I'm hitting a spot where lack of perfect team planning is really kicking me in the teeth, and overall growth is slowed anyway. I'm level 69, and Luke, Leia and QGJ as my 7 stars isn't great synergy. Working on alternates, but I won't have those done anytime soon.

Still, it's not too bad to just burn through most stuff using tickets while seeing what charges up.

• Options
    Kilroy_89Kilroy_89 I was hereRegistered User regular
    Just started playing this a few days ago. Having fun so far, we'll see how it will be once the real grind starts. My ally code is 538-984-589 if anyone wants to send me an invite.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Preacher wrote: »
    I've been using an admiral ackbar lead team with leia, qui gon, rey, and one of the jedi healers. It works well in galactic war, but pvp I tend to run across people with massive hps and ackbar and qui gon for me do not, so they die before I can get the most use out of them.
    QGJ when fully maxed out is actually really sick, depending on your team. At gear level XI, his power for me is 8,618, which is the strongest of all my toons. Couple in his ability to remove buffs while granting damage buff to allies... mmmm mmmmm! QGJ sweetness!
    Preacher wrote: »
    I also think ackbar's leadership ability is kind of fucked up, because when he's dead you don't get assists on non attack moves as often/reliably.
    That shouldn't make a difference. Killing the leader doesn't take away their leader ability. The only time I've seen Ackbar's leader ability truly work well is with an entire squad of Rebels.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Kilroy_89 wrote: »
    Just started playing this a few days ago. Having fun so far, we'll see how it will be once the real grind starts. My ally code is 538-984-589 if anyone wants to send me an invite.
    Here's my two cents:
    • Don't purchase any crystals until much later in the game. You get energy/crystal refreshes at each level, and you'll level up a lot in the beginning.
    • When you get high enough to join a guild doing low-level raids, definitely join. Tons more loot to get when you're in a guild.
    • Always participate in PvP, even if it isn't your thing, and start as soon as you can. The rewards are worth it.
    • Always participate in the Galaxy Wars once you are high enough level to do it. It can be pain in the ass, but (again) the rewards are totally worth it.

• Options
    Hope everyone in end-game has a ton of credits stored up. New level cap of 85 is coming out tomorrow. Later this month, they're releasing a new Tank Takedown raid, so that'll be interesting and fun. The new raid will require a completely different set of guild currency, removing the need for guilds to choose which raids to do. What's cool is that once the new raid is released, they'll automatically be maxing out every guild's currency so that all guilds can immediately dive into both raids for max raiding fun time.

They're also going to release a new toon only available in the new raid's Heroic campaign. They haven't said who, though.

Read all about the new update here!

• Options
    I mean, I can appreciate them putting a new raid on a different currency. But that the same time, this game does not need more currencies. It already has too many. Far too many.

Regarding the Rancor raid, they need to put Han Solo shards on lower tiers. Like maybe starting at Tier 6 or something. My guild is decent, but we can't beat the 2 day timer on the hardest level of raid, because we are small. We don't have all 50 players contributing 2 million damage a day, so the timed event is out of the question. Which means Han Solo is completely unobtainable.

• Options
    Regarding currencies and guild coins.

A better solution (in my opinion) to adding another raid currency is this:

Keep guild coin distribution exactly as it is. Guilds earn coin at the same rate. But cut the cost of raid entry by 50%. That will allow guilds to run both raids on the same currency.

• Options
    Regarding currencies and guild coins.

A better solution (in my opinion) to adding another raid currency is this:

Keep guild coin distribution exactly as it is. Guilds earn coin at the same rate. But cut the cost of raid entry by 50%. That will allow guilds to run both raids on the same currency.
    Their hopes was that by separating the raid currencies, guilds would not be forced to make a decision as to which raid to do. Since getting 50 people to vote the same way is so easy.... *sigh* This way, guilds can run both raids without the need to argue over which raid to perform. I actually like that idea, as it takes into consideration guild dynamics.
    Regarding the Rancor raid, they need to put Han Solo shards on lower tiers. Like maybe starting at Tier 6 or something. My guild is decent, but we can't beat the 2 day timer on the hardest level of raid, because we are small. We don't have all 50 players contributing 2 million damage a day, so the timed event is out of the question. Which means Han Solo is completely unobtainable.
    Han solo (if I am correct) is unlocked immediately at 7 stars, so it makes sense to only allow the shards to be obtained via the hardest level of difficulty in the raid. I believe the damage for each phase in T7 is 2/4/4/2 (in millions). That's only 12 million in damage. T6 has way more HP than T7, but that was done by design. There is no way anyone could beat T7 with the same HP that T6 has. Most people tend to fare better with the Rancor than they do against the pigs, so have a few people who can focus on the pigs. Your guild needs to set up a specific raiding day and time, then the people with the pigs know when they need to go in while everyone else waits for P1 to be completed before jumping in.

When we run our weekly Zerg raid on Sundays, we get maybe 30 out of 50 people participating, with the top 7 people contributing between 1 to 3 million. Honestly, the top two are the only ones who break 2 million. With that, we cleared in in maybe 75 minutes. Then again, our guild is very organized, and has strict rules about participation:
    • You must contribute 600 coins the majority of the week, and not fall below 500 on any day (unless you write in chat why you couldn't). This ensures we raid at least 3 times a week.
    • Aside from the Zerg raid on Sundays, we raid on Tuesday and Friday at a set time of 11:00 am PDT.
    • On the standard raid, everyone gets one attempt and can do no more than 300k damage (~10%). After 24 hours, the raid opens up to a FFA clean-up to finish off the raid. Anyone who scored over 300k the first day is not allowed to participate in the FFA clean-up the following day. This ensures that all 50 members can contribute to the raid, so no one is left out/behind and everyone gets loot.

I honestly lucked out with this guild. They actively kick out people who break those two rules (or are complete dicks, because no on like those fools) or inactives. This may seem harsh to some, but it translates to a guild that raids often, raids well, and everyone benefits.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Han solo (if I am correct) is unlocked immediately at 7 stars, so it makes sense to only allow the shards to be obtained via the hardest level of difficulty in the raid.

Han Solo unlocks at 5 stars.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Dashui wrote: »
    Han solo (if I am correct) is unlocked immediately at 7 stars, so it makes sense to only allow the shards to be obtained via the hardest level of difficulty in the raid.

Han Solo unlocks at 5 stars.
    Well I suck