As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ask Tube (G&T edition)

1121314151618»

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Tube wrote: »
    I had a friend in High school with that birthday, and in a fit of unoriginality his parents named him "Patrick".

Same thing happened with my friend Pancake

fuck all of you, this is a great joke.

Also I'm going to wrap this one up soon so if anyone has any last minute questions, shoot.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    One last question huh, gotta be important.

Did you ever watch that time crime show? I don't remember the name. But it was about this detective that had a time machine. One time her partner bought a lottery ticket using it, but the numbers changed or something.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I had a friend in High school with that birthday, and in a fit of unoriginality his parents named him "Patrick".

Also I'm going to wrap this one up soon so if anyone has any last minute questions, shoot.

I don't get it?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    One last question huh, gotta be important.

Did you ever watch that time crime show? I don't remember the name. But it was about this detective that had a time machine. One time her partner bought a lottery ticket using it, but the numbers changed or something.

Crime Traveller? Yeah. It was really bad.

• Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

I'm pretty shrive heard it before.

There's no way anyone will get this.

Well, I tried.

DaveTheWave on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

I don't get it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancake_Tuesday

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Have you ever watched Kindred: The Embraced? It has Doakes!
    (I honestly would never have known that if you hadn't pointed it out)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Are you a Freemason, and if so have you ever carried out any secret assassinations in the name of Freemasonry?

I have a buddy who is a freemason and, speaking of pancakes, the only assassinating they do is of some pancake breakfasts for charity.

The closest they come to coordinating world domination is running a good old boys club where if they are a mason and you are a mason, maybe you get out of a parking ticket or you get the happy hour special even though it is ten minutes past happy hour.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I have not. If it's ever on Netflix I'll probably check it out

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Are you a Freemason, and if so have you ever carried out any secret assassinations in the name of Freemasonry?

I have a buddy who is a freemason and, speaking of pancakes, the only assassinating they do is of some pancake breakfasts for charity.

The closest they come to coordinating world domination is running a good old boys club where if they are a mason and you are a mason, maybe you get out of a parking ticket or you get the happy hour special even though it is ten minutes past happy hour.

I used to do tabletop rpgs with a group of dudes who, besides me, were all masons.

They had this in-joke where occasionally one of them would say something that made no sense, then everyone would go awkwardly silent for a few seconds.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I have not. If it's ever on Netflix I'll probably check it out

I don't think it's on anything. I picked up the box set once for $10.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »

I used to do tabletop rpgs with a group of dudes who, besides me, were all masons.

They had this in-joke where occasionally one of them would say something that made no sense, then everyone would go awkwardly silent for a few seconds.

Huh, I guess I've been a mason for years

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    If you were the frontman for a death metal band, what would its name be?

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Oh yeah I know, most lodges have those. They're all you can eat monthly community breakfasts. I've been to a few in various locales and they're almost universally packed every time.

And yeah if you're a Mason you pretty much get the red carpet treatment from other Masons regardless of who or where you are, though it's not a "go out of your way to tell everyone" sort of thing - mostly you just spot a car decal or a ring or something.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    why don't people in se++ punctuate

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Punctuh8ers, the lot of them.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Is there an interesting reason behind the lack of site/hub presence for the "Tycho Tries" series?

I rather enjoy them.

• Options
    Spaffy wrote: »
    why don't people in se++ punctuate

Most do
    Is there an interesting reason behind the lack of site/hub presence for the "Tycho Tries" series?

I rather enjoy them.

It's not plumbed in properly yet, which I hadn't thought about until you pointed it out, so good job.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Is there any question you wish someone would ask but which hasn't been asked? What is that question?

If you properly plumb in Tycho Tries, could you also plumb in a TychoCelchuuu Tries? My YouTube channel could use the exposure.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Will there ever be forum related merch? we have so many talented people here, I feel like community designed or inspired shirts would be fun.

• Options
    Will there ever be forum related merch? we have so many talented people here, I feel like community designed or inspired shirts would be fun.

Logistically probably not. It's pretty difficult to organise and we need to be certain that merch will sell at least a certain amount before we put it into production. Then we have to figure out how much to pay the person, how to do it, which people to pick (and people who aren't picked feel like they're working for free) etc. That's all time that we can spend just making our own shirts. Unless we can guarantee that we'll sell out of a run of forum shirts it isn't likely to happen, but if that's something you really want to see by all means see what the interest is.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

I don't see a challenge, what makes you think he'll response?

I don't know if you're purposely being antagonizing, but no I'm not posting with the expectation of a response.
    Who would openly claim secret assassinations?

Who would help the widow's son?

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Since it's October/Halloween soon, how about a Candlejack button for the agree/awesome bar? It would be

Donnicton on
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I've seen this pop up from time to time and am curious, what constitutes the difference between things that you can just ask vanilla to fix vs. forum bugs that you would need to pay to fix? Do you pay for the things vanilla fixes?

LostNinja on
  • Options
    Bug fixes are free, change requests aren't. Unfortunately a lot of people consider things "bugs" when they're just "this is how the feature works". The only complication to this is when there's a bug in something that Icy coded for us for free in his own time. We can't bug him (or Vanilla) too hard about that because... well, it was something cool he did for us for free. The current problem with the autumn theme is a notable one of those.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Since it's October/Halloween soon, how about a Candlejack button for the agree/awesome bar? It would be

Only if it truncated half your post when you clicked it.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    That could be a fun feature. But it should happen at random, not from a reaction. It should kidnap the poster too, keeping them from posting more until they're rescued.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the candlejack meme is like fifty years old, i'm good

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    the candlejack meme is like fifty years old, i'm good

Freakazoid came out in 1995. That's 21 years ago, not even half of 50.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    I guess maybe that was an exaggeration for comic effect

Tube on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Naah, no one ever exaggerates when it comes to candleja

sig.gif
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

I guess my humor flew so under the radar that it has become kin to Shai-Hulud

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »

I guess my humor flew so under the radar that it has become kin to Shai-Hulud

Joke without rhythm, and you won't attract the worm.

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    The posts must flow

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    May thy jape chip and shatter.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Three posts and over two hours before that was posted after a reference to Dune.
    Are you losing your touch cB?

see317 on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    see317 wrote: »
    Three posts and over two hours before that was posted after a reference to Dune.

umuad.jpg

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Echo wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »

umuad.jpg

4a4hduv8i5rl.jpg

• Options
    Ok that seems like enough.

This discussion has been closed.