As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Also, everyone needs to readjust their vote thinking a little.

If we're actually going to vote people out, there are going to be mainly wagons. There is always going to be a place to hide in a wagon. The key for analyzing this game is going to be when people jumped on the wagon, not who jumped on it.

I actually don't think vote records are going to be that much use in general. Maybe someone has a power to learn people's alignments after death, and then there's some useful info to be gleaned.... however without something more, I feel like vote analysis is going to be basically shooting in the dark the whole game.

Post analysis is going to be much more meaningful, I think.

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Correct me if I am wrong. But if we don't know if a person was mafia or villager after they die. Is it just going to be general analysis on suspicious vote patterns? Any seer would have to verify in public unless there are masons, or someone with a special ability to have private conversations.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    To expand, people moving votes to solidify a winner so that we kill someone rather than whiff for the day is going to be pretty much indistinguishable from a mafia driven wagon, especially if we never learn the ID's of the dead. A mafia saving counter wagon will look the same as people saving someone they think is likely villager.

From a purely vote analysis perspective.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    38thdoe
    I remain unconvinced this is a good work around for being unable to PM!
    38thDoe wrote: »
    You have to think outside the box.
    I think we can all agree to just not open spoilers that aren't for us.

MagicPrime in a game with no death records, lets at least have vote records.

I don't see how a vote record helps us without a death record to be honest 38thDoe .
    It seems more likely that we'll be catching mafia based on role info that we get tonight later on rather than anything the vote tells us.
    We're not going to see maf defending maf unless we have a death record seer, or we knew the dead was a mafia without somehow letting the board know and thus getting all the maf to jump off.
    I'll go ahead and say Brody because history tells me it's the only way he'll live past 2

:bigfrown:
    That's not what your history says!
    Discrider

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Lots of shots in the dark, likely, since we're going to have to make guesses.

I'm hoping there is someone out there with some magic ability that tells us at least one color of someone who died each day. Otherwise, this would be a total crapshoot since people can't PM, which means seer would need to announce themselves publicly to share any info.

Maybe we just go full Town of Salem and not do a vote Day 1?
    Give everyone's abilities a night to work off and see what leads there are tomorrow?

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    There does not seem to be a penalty for not voting anyone out other than the mafia getting a one day head start.

discrider wrote: »
    Give everyone's abilities a night to work off and see what leads there are tomorrow?

is that a ToS Meta thing or the actual rules of ToS? I've never played.

JPants wrote: »

is that a ToS Meta thing or the actual rules of ToS? I've never played.

It's the actual rules.
    Day 1 everyone shows up for about 5 seconds and then the game automatically moves into Night 1.

edited October 2016
    You know, just long enough for the Survivor to hurl obscenities at the Mafia so he can get day 1'd as no-one likes being a Survivor.

Of course then you Bodyguard the obscenity guy and you die and take a maf with you and then the Survivor quits anyway.

Or it turns out the Obscenity guy is actually the Veteren who kills everyone who visits him at night if he activates his power.
    This is usually what happens actually.

discrider on
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Oh, we are playing now? Sorry, got caught up between two blondes waitresses and and the pool boy. Long Story. Longer Night.

Now, for this Amulet. As a member of the Celestial Family, no one is more qualified to first wield a strange new power than I. As an immortal, you can rest assured that I wouldn't die from any kills that might happen to come my way and since killing demons isn't part of your win cons, we can be friends this time!

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Lucifer's Ghosts

Oh yeah, green vote JPants

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Not voting seems like it would only help the mafia.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Inactivus is still a thing - we have to vote. It's just whether we reach a majority or not is the issue.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    corvidae wrote: »
    hmmmmm. it appears obifett is the town lawyer.

??

it's a joke. cause of the fine print in obi's post.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    New FAQ entry:

Q: Do I have to vote to Execute somebody?
    A: You need to place a vote each day in order to be considered "active." However, "don't execute anybody" is a legal vote, and will stave off inactivity.

Fry on
  • WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Uhhhh, ObiFett wouldn't die that one time.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I died day one last game!

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Not the most helpful observation but if ever there was a game to change your avatar for informational purposes, this is it.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Informational purposes go!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Aaaaand now all of our avatars are gone.

Who knew Fry controlled the very code of the forums themselves.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular

We have a reeaally long day, if lots of us have our votes in today we could spend tomorrow looking over todays votes and seeing if anyone stands out, etc.
    If there was ever a game to overanalyze the hell out of every single vote, this is it

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    I vote corvidae for no pictures of cats!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    premium wrote: »

We have a reeaally long day, if lots of us have our votes in today we could spend tomorrow looking over todays votes and seeing if anyone stands out, etc.
    If there was ever a game to overanalyze the hell out of every single vote, this is it

Yep yep.
    And then we vote out the village who broke a tie onto a mafia.
    Overanalysing the vote is surely not going to pick out villagers who have poor logic over mafia who are just laying low and watching the village eat itself.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Yep yep.
    Overanalysing the vote is surely not going to pick out villagers who have poor logic over mafia who are just laying low and watching the village eat itself.

Perhaps, yes. What else you got? The let-Day 1-pass idea is fine but then we don't find anything much out 'til Wednesday.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Oh and MamaWolf for shiny amulet please

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    It's really easy to snipe everyone's ideas without providing any of your own. From design ideas fry has stated I think we can assume that we will have something to talk and think about without waiting for a few power roles to solve the puzzle for us.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Auralynx wrote: »

Yep yep.

Perhaps, yes. What else you got? The let-Day 1-pass idea is fine but then we don't find anything much out 'til Wednesday.

Only other thing I can think of is for people to start claiming roles.
    But that also doesn't help us inform alignment unless someone's role is "I have a list of roles" in which case infodump that please.

Otherwise I'd not vote today and keep everyone talking.

Maybe we just vote the person with the least posts today?

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I'd like to claim the "can command GG to do stuff role" but apparently my difficulty setting was ignored.

38thDoe wrote: »
    It's really easy to snipe everyone's ideas without providing any of your own. From design ideas fry has stated I think we can assume that we will have something to talk and think about without waiting for a few power roles to solve the puzzle for us.

We presumably all have powers.
    Everyone should have something to help them solve the puzzle, and so solving it becomes the responsibility of everyone left alive, not just any power roles.

Isn't this whole exercise about turning the game on its proverbial head and taking some of the power away from the specials?

discrider

Green post or die!

• GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Green post or die!

Is cake an option?

• corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    I vote corvidae for no pictures of cats!!

you force my hand......
    acfwtnvzwl09.jpg

that's Miss Trippy she was rescued from the streets, she's a bit skittish. doesn't like boys.

gbkouumix8nj.jpg

here's Sasquatch The Abominable Furball. He's a runt Maine Coon, polydactyl, has 13 toes on his front paws. hence the bigfoot jokes.

l29grs9vq74h.jpg

Here's London in front, Vienna hiding under the table, and Leeloo the poop eater.....

and they all serve, their dark master.....lord of darkness, prince of pain, the infernal Bun-Bun

b22jbxiwive3.jpg

Green wrote: »
    Green post or die!

Is cake an option?

Depends. Will cake help out the mafia?

Green post or die!

Is cake an option?

More to the point, how do you think we should vote day 1?

• GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Green post or die!

Is cake an option?

Depends. Will cake help out the mafia?
    Cake is survival neutral, but village friendly

As for votes, I have no idea! I've never played a game like this one.