As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    The rules example had a butcher. Perhaps there is a baker out there as well. Or even a candlestick maker.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    @Raiden333 The game has started Raiden . Post or die!

edited October 2016
    I wonder if there is a day 0 power that could prevent someone talking today like in ToS with the Jailor.

... I hope not.

discrider on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    @Raiden333 The game has started Raiden . Post or die!

Thanks for reminding me, I was following the thread pretty close early this morning but then everything burst into flames at work (not literally) and I basically dropped the game from my mind.

For day 1 logic, the main post that stood out for me was:
    JPants wrote: »
    Kilnaga for a slip of the tongue.
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Kilnaga for Amulet protection. Because I'm me. And me is awesome. My sweet seering skills found us the last demon in the previous game. So go me!

I don't have any grudges though, so that makes murder voting harder.

Villagers vote to execute, Mafia vote to murder. It's a real minor thing but better than nothing.

I think it's as good a theory to test out as any, it seems more analytical than gut theories. So I say Kilnaga Jpants

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Lord... I think I liked this game more when I had Dean to piss off. Who do I insult now?

@WACriminal Apart from trying to kill the immortal, what else do you think about this ongoing discussion about the day 1 vote WACriminal ?
    Post or die!

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Me, I'm Dean. Until I get around to changing my avatar again.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    If someone is professing to be in league with dark forces, we feel removing them is necessary.

Grunt's Ghosts

What.
    You should probably read the thread more than the last page Moridin

Brody wrote: »

You are the crappy Dean. The cheater who ruined his marriage for a third time with Rory and that failed. Making fun of you is like taking shots at Donald Trump's "huge" hands.

Actually, GGs been running that shtick on more than this page, but it still isn't addressing any of the pertinent discussion about what to do with our Day 1 vote.

Umm... Vote? This is basically like any other day 1. We don't know who is who, or who to trust, and we have nothing to go off of yet. So... that's me addressing any of the pertinent discussion about what to do with our Day 1 vote.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

You are the crappy Dean. The cheater who ruined his marriage for a third time with Rory and that failed. Making fun of you is like taking shots at Donald Trump's "huge" hands.

And honestly, he was a terrible boyfriend before that. Super controlling, dumping his girlfriend because she wasn't comfortable saying "I love you" 3 months into the relationship.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    What.

Would you like us to mention he killed us in another game? Not terribly relevant.

And we have read the whole thread. All are watched.

Moridin889 wrote: »
    What.

Would you like us to mention he killed us in another game? Not terribly relevant.

Did I kill you? I forget, with the tens of thousands of years of victims I have collected throughout the years.

What.

Did I kill you? I forget, with the tens of thousands of years of victims I have collected throughout the years.

We were your brother.

Now we will be your end.

Umm... Vote? This is basically like any other day 1. We don't know who is who, or who to trust, and we have nothing to go off of yet. So... that's me addressing any of the pertinent discussion about what to do with our Day 1 vote.

I was referring to Moridin sorry, but I didn't quote my vote post

WACriminal still yet to talk enough.

What.

We were your brother.

Now we will be your end.

Over dramatic much? I killed you, big deal. Don't take it personally. You seemed to be better now. Looking good except for the hole in your chest. But hey! Chicks dig scars, amiright?

I was referring to Moridin sorry, but I didn't quote my vote post

Ah. Speaking of voting, I haven't done that yet, except for asking for more power (which, come on, people. Don't you want to really make me immortal, again?) so let's go with Gizzy because... I have no reason. I just like killing you, it seems.

premium wrote: »
    Maybe we just go full Town of Salem and not do a vote Day 1?
    Give everyone's abilities a night to work off and see what leads there are tomorrow?

We have a reeaally long day, if lots of us have our votes in today we could spend tomorrow looking over todays votes and seeing if anyone stands out, etc.
    If there was ever a game to overanalyze the hell out of every single vote, this is it

Ha.

Premium you can't just drop this and a single vote to overanalyse in thread and this and expect not to Post or Die!

People who should post more and who I haven't already berated into doing so:
    @WACriminal
    @JusticeforPluto (No of course accidentally quad-posting doesn't count)
    @Preda
    @Mamawolf
    @Kilnaga <- Hasn't attempted to vote or justify his non-voting
    @corvidae I guess (single vote, joke justification and cats is getting there)

So that makes like a third of you guys who didn't originally post enough day 1 according to my scientifically proven talk metric?

Also, no, I'm not posting frequently to subvert my own metric.
    My super secret power is always phone posting, so I wind up making a thousand posts.

Or everyone's asleep, and then I just wind up talking to myself and making one.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Well I WAS sleeping, but thanks to my kids, I no longer have that problem.

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    @discrider You called? I didn't realize you wanted see more glorious posts from me. I am a wolf of honor, so I will do my best to post more.
    I too was asleep. I fell asleep on my phone :P

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Also, I realized that just coming off of hosting a game, that sometimes I forget that I'm suppose to post and not just read LOL :P

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Mmm.
    As I'm apparently not talking to myself, I may as well make myself a liar about making one post too.
    That list is from most needs to talk about stuff to least amount, with Premium still on top.
    Take that as you will also.

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    The silence says volumes!

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Now I need to justify my not voting? D:
    (And to be fair I did technically vote. Just, a green vote and not a red vote)

Waiting for more discussion than "Hey, let's pile on MagicPrime again for RNG" seems like enough justification to me.
    Kilnaga for Amulet protection. Because I'm me. And me is awesome. My sweet seering skills found us the last demon in the previous game. So go me!

Villagers vote to execute, Mafia vote to murder. It's a real minor thing but better than nothing.

And this is some straight up statist semantic bullpucky right here. The village is little more than a pitchfork wielding mob who chooses people to "execute" by majority vote and little more than bare suspicion and stark lack of concrete evidence. You can call it whatever you want, but in my book this is still murder. Just group approved/sanctioned murder that we weasel word and call something else to make ourselves feel better.
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Not the most helpful observation but if ever there was a game to change your avatar for informational purposes, this is it.

This almost seems like it isn't in the spirit of the game; an attempt to circumvent the rule against not discussing our role PMs in the thread. And hell if I'm changing my sexy avatar.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    edited October 2016
    Now I need to justify my not voting? D:
    (And to be fair I did technically vote. Just, a green vote and not a red vote)

Waiting for more discussion than "Hey, let's pile on MagicPrime again for RNG" seems like enough justification to me.

And this is some straight up statist semantic bullpucky right here. The village is little more than a pitchfork wielding mob who chooses people to "execute" by majority vote and little more than bare suspicion and stark lack of concrete evidence. You can call it whatever you want, but in my book this is still murder. Just group approved/sanctioned murder that we weasel word and call something else to make ourselves feel better.
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Not the most helpful observation but if ever there was a game to change your avatar for informational purposes, this is it.

This almost seems like it isn't in the spirit of the game; an attempt to circumvent the rule against not discussing our role PMs in the thread. And hell if I'm changing my sexy avatar.

You should be able to discuss your role PMs, just not quote them directly.
    Fry wrote:
    players may never copy-paste or otherwise directly quote from a game-related private communication, including moderator communications.
    Changing avatars is not this.

Doing so whilst dead or during the night likely infringes on the other rules though, if doing so is game related.

discrider on

You should be able to discuss your role PMs, just not quote them directly.
    Fry wrote:
    players may never copy-paste or otherwise directly quote from a game-related private communication, including moderator communications.
    Changing avatars is not this.

Doing so whilst dead or during the night likely infringes on the other rules though, if doing so is game related.

OK, this makes sense then. So everybody get your Avatar changes in before night time then? Even still, not changing my sexy avatar.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    Isn't changing our avatars to hint at our roles basically giving the mafia a priority list of players to kill
    Or are we assuming that since everyone is special that nobody is REALLY special

Also it's only murder when the vote kills me, when it kills anyone else its called JUSTICE

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I assume we are all getting mountains of data from the avatar change plan, similar to how no unauthorized people are clicking spoilers.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Isn't changing our avatars to hint at our roles basically giving the mafia a priority list of players to kill
    Or are we assuming that since everyone is special that nobody is REALLY special

Agreed to the second part.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    I'm not changing my avatar. My role is too important (not really) to do that and give myself out.

I stand for my vote. better than MP.

Brody and JfP have probably the shadiest votes right now in terms of 'really pushing for no reason to make this thing a wagon so we make sure the vote kills someone today'

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Brody and JfP have probably the shadiest votes right now in terms of 'really pushing for no reason to make this thing a wagon so we make sure the vote kills someone today'

Has there ever been a game where the mafia has no actual kills, just vote manipulation?

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

Has there ever been a game where the mafia has no actual kills, just vote manipulation?

That doesn't sound like much fun for the mafia.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »

That doesn't sound like much fun for the mafia.

It really, really, isn't. I've been in one of those kill-less mafias before.

- Terence McKenna
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular

Is there something specific about their push that you don't like?

Or maybe the better question is, do we think we shouldn't be pushing to make sure the vote kills tonight? I've been operating under the assumption that we still want to vote kill someone each day, which will require pushing wagons as opposed to letting votes happen naturally. Is that the wrong assumption to make?