As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Eh, if you have something else, I'm willing to listen. However, we did have an endless conversation not too long ago on the necessity of making sure village kills land. If we as a group agree that random village kills give 0 information, even including vote record, then I guess we'll just have to wait for a se(h)er(o).

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    premium wrote: »
    Brody and JfP have probably the shadiest votes right now in terms of 'really pushing for no reason to make this thing a wagon so we make sure the vote kills someone today'

Has there ever been a game where the mafia has no actual kills, just vote manipulation?

That doesn't sound like much fun for the mafia.

It really, really, isn't. I've been in one of those kill-less mafias before.

Ahahahahaha that was when Bedlam crashed the ships!!

Ah man good times.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Great now I'm stuck reading that game again.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    meh.

anyways, i'm ready to straight up do a day one reveal. been thinking about it all night, got absolutely zero to lose. Not gonna bother with avatar nonsense. take it at face value. it might have been useful in a game where someone could pm....

but since the day is so long, i;ll keep it to myself for a bit longer....

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I don't even need to change my avatar!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Brody and JfP have probably the shadiest votes right now in terms of 'really pushing for no reason to make this thing a wagon so we make sure the vote kills someone today'

Has there ever been a game where the mafia has no actual kills, just vote manipulation?

That doesn't sound like much fun for the mafia.

It really, really, isn't. I've been in one of those kill-less mafias before.

Ahahahahaha that was when Bedlam crashed the ships!!

Ah man good times.

That was my first phalla.
    Good memories

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    60 people in a game? That's amazing!

• Options
    edited October 2016

Is there something specific about their push that you don't like?

Or maybe the better question is, do we think we shouldn't be pushing to make sure the vote kills tonight? I've been operating under the assumption that we still want to vote kill someone each day, which will require pushing wagons as opposed to letting votes happen naturally. Is that the wrong assumption to make?

My thoughts are like...
    The village votes people off:
    1. Because they find them suspicious
    2. To gain information

Nobody actually seems to find him suspicious.
    My reading of the narration leads me to believe we won't gain much useful information from his death.

We should be voting, thats important, it leaves a record, and if you have a reason to kill him, ie. you think he's suspicious, then by all means push to get the majority or whatever it takes for the vote to actually kill him
    But if you're just pushing for a kill for nothing then you are just increasing the kill count, and thats what the mafia wants to do.

edit. I guess it depends how much information you think we will actually get out of a player dying in this particular game

premium on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Day ends tonight at 11pm EST/8pm BestCoastTime, right?

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: »

In the narration it stated day ends Wednesday, approximately 11PM Eastern USA

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    MamaWolf wrote: »

In the narration it stated day ends Wednesday, approximately 11PM Eastern USA

Thanks, for some reason I thought today was Wednesday all day so far.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    So each day/night cycle is 4 real days?

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular

48 hours "day" time, 24 hours "night" time, so 3 days.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

48 hours "day" time, 24 hours "night" time, so 3 days.

When I worked it out yesterday, I thought the day phase ended in about 10 and a half hours from now. The night phase would then end 24 hoirs after that.

• Options
    How long is Fry expecting this game to be? Like... There needs to be a ton of carnage because if we have 1 vote, 1 mafia, 1 vig, and 1 SK kill* then this game will last... 23/4=5.75x3=17.25 days.

*Assuming that we have just those kills, which would be about the max amount of kills I would give in a game this size.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    What's all this about changing avatars?

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    My thoughts are like...
    The village votes people off:
    1. Because they find them suspicious
    2. To gain information

Nobody actually seems to find him suspicious.
    My reading of the narration leads me to believe we won't gain much useful information from his death.

We should be voting, thats important, it leaves a record, and if you have a reason to kill him, ie. you think he's suspicious, then by all means push to get the majority or whatever it takes for the vote to actually kill him
    But if you're just pushing for a kill for nothing then you are just increasing the kill count, and thats what the mafia wants to do.

edit. I guess it depends how much information you think we will actually get out of a player dying in this particular game

So for this specific day, day 1, where we have no suspicions because everything is starting fresh, are you saying that we shouldn't vote someone out.

I'm seriously asking because I don't know that I have a great answer.

I agree that I have voted for Magic, but I have nothing that marks him as suspicious. With that, I have done so because I thought we were looking to make sure that there was a vote kill every day, but I'd like to know if we think that won't actually help us. If there's no benefit, then maybe we are all better off just voting to avoid inactivity but not getting a majority to avoid a kill that tells us nothing.

• Options

The idea is that you can secretly drop information about your character by doing your avatar.

So this:
    Beginners-guide-to-Cooking-Image-400x250.jpg

could mean that you are a cook. Or a rat.

Like mine says "I'm a devilishly handsome man who enjoys the finer things in life, like hot cops, torturing souls, and playing the piano in my nightclub."

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    How long is Fry expecting this game to be? Like... There needs to be a ton of carnage because if we have 1 vote, 1 mafia, 1 vig, and 1 SK kill* then this game will last... 23/4=5.75x3=17.25 days.

*Assuming that we have just those kills, which would be about the max amount of kills I would give in a game this size.

Obv answer: Run a second phalla in this thread during the night phase of this phalla.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Even if the village would hit a mafia night one by sheer luck, how would we know? Barring a death seer that would have to open reveal themselves, or hook up with a special out there that MIGHT have a secret communication power.

Just like what I said earlier, I think Fry is trying to take the power away from the back alley aspects of a Phalla game and put more power into the Village at large for their fate.

I have played in a handful of phallas, and even with that -- you reach a point where if you're a vanilla villager you just end up waiting for the specials to win the game for you.

Anyone who sees this game as 'business as usual' might be worth a second look.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Day ends Wednesday at around 11 PM (still like 38 hours away)

D1 will end up being about 12 hours longer than a normal day, due to when I happened to be available to start the game.

• Options
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Even if the village would hit a mafia night one by sheer luck, how would we know? Barring a death seer that would have to open reveal themselves, or hook up with a special out there that MIGHT have a secret communication power.

Just like what I said earlier, I think Fry is trying to take the power away from the back alley aspects of a Phalla game and put more power into the Village at large for their fate.

I have played in a handful of phallas, and even with that -- you reach a point where if you're a vanilla villager you just end up waiting for the specials to win the game for you.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd find you some games where the specials die early and the village still wins.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

If I wasn't so lazy I'd find you some games where the specials die early and the village still wins.

Did those games have death reveals?

• Options
    discrider wrote: »

Obv answer: Run a second phalla in this thread during the night phase of this phalla.

I'm still doing the balancing act on the WoW phalla. Fury Warrior needs a boost, Beast Master Hunter I'm going to do redo from the ground up, I gave the Warlocks too much love and need to nerf them, and I still need to find a picture of the 5th Pillar of Creation. I'm a long way from showing anyone that mess to the world.

• Options

I'm still doing the balancing act on the WoW phalla. Fury Warrior needs a boost, Beast Master Hunter I'm going to do redo from the ground up, I gave the Warlocks too much love and need to nerf them, and I still need to find a picture of the 5th Pillar of Creation. I'm a long way from showing anyone that mess to the world.

Warlocks OP? I'd say that captures the essence of WoW pretty spot on.

• Options

Players complaining about classes being OP when they're actually kinda weak in most content would be much more accurate

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    There may not be true death reveals but I would assume the some villagers will be able to obtain some knowledge when specific bad guys die.

• Options
    Current red vote count (someone check please as I don't trust myself) with 12 votes needed to Execute
    Magic Prime [6]
    Kilnaga [4]
    GG [3]
    38thDoe/Gizzy [2]
    kime/Obi/corv/premium [1]

With only 2 people not voting (i believe, though I'm not sure who those two are).

• Options

Players complaining about classes being OP when they're actually kinda weak in most content would be much more accurate

There seems to be more Warlock players in real WoW than Hunters since all the Hunter specs are at the bottom of the DPS charts and you don't hear nearly as much bitching from them.

• Options

There seems to be more Warlock players in real WoW than Hunters since all the Hunter specs are at the bottom of the DPS charts and you don't hear nearly as much bitching from them.

I haven't played in a damn long while but that sounds totally backwards from when I was playing! Or maybe that was just our guild.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    meh.

anyways, i'm ready to straight up do a day one reveal. been thinking about it all night, got absolutely zero to lose. Not gonna bother with avatar nonsense. take it at face value. it might have been useful in a game where someone could pm....

but since the day is so long, i;ll keep it to myself for a bit longer....

you tease

The idea is that you can secretly drop information about your character by doing your avatar.

So this:
    Beginners-guide-to-Cooking-Image-400x250.jpg

could mean that you are a cook. Or a rat.

Like mine says "I'm a devilishly handsome man who enjoys the finer things in life, like hot cops, torturing souls, and playing the piano in my nightclub."

Mine says "I'm a teenage detective who can travel into alternate dimensions and summon avatars of my inner self to defeat monsters!"

There is almost certainly death seers and secret communication. As everyone seems to at least have some quirk with their role, everything different in this game definitely has someone who interacts with it.

...probably

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options

I haven't played in a damn long while but that sounds totally backwards from when I was playing! Or maybe that was just our guild.

I use This site for the charts which has Demonology Warlock at the top but Marksman Hunter is dead last in Max Damage but "DEMONLOCKS NEED BUFFS!" is the current warcry.

<-Played Hunter last Xpac... Now Paladin.

• Options

ZH tells me these days Frost Mage is at the very bottom followed by Warlocks.

• Options

I use This site for the charts which has Demonology Warlock at the top but Marksman Hunter is dead last in Max Damage but "DEMONLOCKS NEED BUFFS!" is the current warcry.

<-Played Hunter last Xpac... Now Paladin.

Apparently Combat rogues have been replaced with Outlaw rogues. Interesting.

I last played in Cata, which was pretty meh after the awesomeness of Wrath.

• Options
    Gizzy wrote: »

ZH tells me these days Frost Mage is at the very bottom followed by Warlocks.

Can I vote ZH off this game?

• Options
    Technically - yes you could according to Fry's earlier clarification. (Would count as voting for no one, but still count as voting for inactivity purposes)

• Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Technically - yes you could according to Fry's earlier clarification. (Would count as voting for no one, but still count as voting for inactivity purposes)

Oh... Zombie Hero because Mages are not at the bottom of shit! THEY ARE MONSTERS!

• Options
    Voting for no one, or someone not in the game or whatever... I get that it's legal but how is it helpful?

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Who said Lucifer has to help anyone?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain