As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

JRPG Thread: We're All Delayed Until November 29

19495969798100»

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    it means don't expect any new classes, only new jobs

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Wait which one is a class amd which is a job

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    So, big things I'm hoping to see from the FF14 thing

Mystic Knight
    Blue Mage
    They figure out how to make dual jobs for the other classes work (I know I'm like the only person who wants this)
    Addressing ability bloat in some way.

if you mean dual jobs as in scholar/summoner, yoshi p has said that they feel that the class system in general is a big mistake and a relic that they want to move away from/remove as soon as it is feasible

What do you mean? I'm not sure I follow.

Do they mean dropping secondary jobs/cross class skills?

Losing swiftcast would nerf healers so hard.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Class is the starting thing, Job is the thing you unlock at 30.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Class is the starting thing, Job is the thing you unlock at 30.
    Oh yeah thats right okay

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    So things like arcanist, rogue, gladiator wouldn't exist because they are functionally pointless

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Polaritie wrote: »
    ph blake wrote: »
    4 full hotbars for scholar, and that's not including stuff like sprint/food/potions/waymarks.

My one big quality of life wish is having separate keybinds per class while still using the same hotbar.

4? Hmm... I have only 3, what am I forgetting? (Considering a number of the pet buttons are never-use, e.g. guard, dismiss, etc.)

I have guard and steady bound, though I rarely use them (mostly just mash steady to get eos to stop embracing so she'll actually cast Fey Illumination/Whispering Dawn on time). I could probably get rid of a few like miasma 2, ruin (just swap it out when level synced), and save some more space by macroing the fairy skills to swap over when I summon, but I'm generally fine with how my stuff is set up for scholar.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    If that's a big overhaul of the system they're looking to do for 4.x, I'd welcome it honestly. I agree there's a fair bit of skill bloat on the bars, varying by job. The idea of cross-class skill selection is nice, so I'm not sure how they'll deal with that, or just create new skills that do the same thing as the skill they were able to cross-class for the job itself.

Astrobros being masters of time and space and cards can easily shoehorn in an insta-cast button thematically. I hope they give Astrologians all the buffs. All of them.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    The main reason I want second jobs for each class is because changing roles in FF14 kinda blows right now.

Tired of healing? Well go level a DPS job up to max. And as the level cap goes up it will just get more troublesome.

Being able to switch over to healing if I got bored of DPS for a while was a huge part of my decision to go Arcanist.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    The main reason I want second jobs for each class is because changing roles in FF14 kinda blows right now.

Tired of healing? Well go level a DPS job up to max. And as the level cap goes up it will just get more troublesome.

Being able to switch over to healing if I got bored of DPS for a while was a huge part of my decision to go Arcanist.

Eh they pile on so much bonus exp through the armory system, exp rings, leveling roulettes, and POTD that I don't think it's really necessary. I've gotten a job from each role up and it mostly happened by accident

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited October 2016

That was exactly why I went Arcanist too when I played

Edit well that and that it was the pet class(es)

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.