As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is [Chat] worth it?

• Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I effectively made deep-fried pierogi without deep-frying them.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    Can you play rock band by yourself?

Yeah you can play any of the instruments in single-player campaign except maybe bass. But it really is a thousand times more awesome with more people.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I am disgusted at the lack of flipping and reversing in this thread.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »

Well, I expected others to do it after my post.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sounds interesting Will, I'll have to ask my lady if she wouldn't mind getting that so we could play it together.

Glad you got your Wii Mike, it kind of sucks you had to go the lengths that you did, but I understand the desire, burn me once shame on me etc.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I approve.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Elki wrote: »
    tuxkamen wrote: »

Well, I expected others to do it after my post.

What kind of society do we live in, I ask you.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »

Yeah you can play any of the instruments in single-player campaign except maybe bass. But it really is a thousand times more awesome with more people.

Can you do multi-player online? Is it fun? I kinda hate rock music, but I think the game looks fun.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Can you do multi-player online? Is it fun? I kinda hate rock music, but I think the game looks fun.

You can. As far as I'm aware, you can do co-op multiplayer online, members of a single band and all.

Or maybe it treats it like Temple of the Dog.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007

Are you just waiting for Rap Battle Hero?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

:lol: Gay Bowel Syndrome. Priceless. I almost want to visit that page to see what it is. Except it would probably make me mad and smash my computer.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Based on the URL I thought you were linking this story.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    stilist wrote: »

That's pretty glorious as well.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So for anyone who missed my I hate IGN explosion yesterday. Die Hard 4 Unrated is what should have been delivered to theaters originally. It includes the bad language the series is known for and a couple more jokes that for some reason were cut from the theatrical.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

:lol: Gay Bowel Syndrome. Priceless. I almost want to visit that page to see what it is. Except it would probably make me mad and smash my computer.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Gay_Bowel_Syndrome

Just do it, Irene.

That whole thing reminds me of "GRIDS". Which was Gay-Related-Immune-Deficiency-Syndrome, later re-named to AIDS.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

After reading this:
    For years the church was at the forefront of many social movements—admitting black members in the 1960s, ordaining women and opening its doors to gays.
    I felt kinda bad for them. I wonder if other churches are like, "See what happens when you acknowledge women and gays as equals? Your head pastor becomes a molester and sires illegitimate children."

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    http://www.conservapedia.com/Gay_Bowel_Syndrome

Just do it, Irene.

That whole thing reminds me of "GRIDS". Which was Gay-Related-Immune-Deficiency-Syndrome, later re-named to AIDS.
    all up in my grids

stilist on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

From skimming over the article, it looks like they've just gathered a bunch of STDs under this umbrella. They really are just pathetic.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Good to hear so many good thing about Rock Band. I already have three other people at hand, when it's released* we will rock!

*2015 or whenever.

At least I've got my copy of Assassins Creed today.

And I have to thank you again, Will.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    After reading this:
    For years the church was at the forefront of many social movements—admitting black members in the 1960s, ordaining women and opening its doors to gays.
    I felt kinda bad for them. I wonder if other churches are like, "See what happens when you acknowledge women and gays as equals? Your head pastor becomes a molester and sires illegitimate children."
    A few might, but on the whole I expect most will just try to ignore it.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

From skimming over the article, it looks like they've just gathered a bunch of STDs under this umbrella. They really are just pathetic.

They cited this MedScape article, but I wasn't able to get access to it on MedScape. Do you have any idea what they're talking about?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oh my god. The talk pages. They're fucking inspiring.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The prof for my logic class just used the phrase "ad hominen attack," which is kind of funny because I was told never to use that here.

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    They cited this MedScape article, but I wasn't able to get access to it on MedScape. Do you have any idea what they're talking about?

I can't get to the full article either, but it looks like what they've done is find any mention of "gay bowel syndrome" and run with it, honestly, because most of what they discuss spends more time talking about that as an historical diagnosis that was thought to contribute to an STD's reception, or something.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    James wrote: »
    The prof for my logic class just used the phrase "ad hominen attack," which is kind of funny because I was told never to use that here.

Huh? I thought it was in the rules thread.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My coffee arrived while I was out and as Nespresso are fucking heroes they didn't just leave it in the rain or return it to some distant depot for me to pick up, they cunningly hid it and then my lovely neighbour brought it in for me.

Weeeee.

I want to taste them all but I've already had four cups of coffee today so adding more would be a terrible idea if I want to sleep.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited November 2007

You can use it here, if it's legitimately an ad hom attack. Most of the time, people confuse general derisiveness for ad hom. Basically, dropping a "fuck you" within the proximity of a reasoned argument is immediately perceived as ad hom.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Uh, you can, you just need to use it right. Most people just use it to whine about name-calling, as opposed to anything resembling the actual fallacy.

Elendil on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    After the music video for 3 feet deep we are all waiting for rap battle hero.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    No, I mean "argument ad hominem" versus "ad hominem attack." The latter is unneccessarily repetetive.

James on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Since Nineteen-eight-to-the-O I've been taking control.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So how about that molinism?

James on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Mornin' [chat]!

My friend brought over Rock Band last night but his guitar for it was broke (and only the GH2 for xbox controller works with the game, not the GH3 one) so he has to send in for a replacement... So we took turns playing drums all night. It was wicked fun.

That game is going to be amazing durring our christmas party in a couple weeks (yeah, yeah, early, but people are going out of town). Drunk + Rock band = awesome karaoke.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Sadly it has nothing to do with Alfred Molina?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    On the subject of Facebook, I just Facebooked Gabe. The man is up to his knees in nerd-dom.

So does Gabe friend anyone who asks? or is he a non-whore? Just wondering because I would totally friend him for the checking out of stuff. That and making my friends jealous when they see it on the feed. I live to cause them strife.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Excitable girls type very badly,
    aaahhh well, id send you some, but not sure it'd be nice by teh time you got it lol you should get one if you come home at xmas!! hows thePHD going btw?? i have to apply for my masters in Jan - scary lol i'm doing physiotherapy and theres so much crap involved...i have to go for health screening etc i'll kick ass!! Theres loads of KK darn south, maybe theres one nearby, check their website lol
    It actually reads like she was jumping up and down while typing.
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Since Nineteen-eight-to-the-O I've been taking control.
    blazing the glow with the blue flame flow

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »

Sadly it has nothing to do with Alfred Molina?

Well, it could, if he was God. Or we could be talking about whether or not he had a choice in playing Doctor Octopus in Spider-Man 2.

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm sorry, Mojo, your friend has to die. No one is allowed to abuse "lol" to that extent and live.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    That much "lol" in a message bothers me, Jojo.

Edit: Uhm, James...
    :lol:

Haphazard on
This discussion has been closed.