As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Legion: I have sacrificed everything...

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    My chest had a neck 15 ilvls higher than my current one, and the stats are barely any higher.

Jewelry is weird man.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Yeah I've had an 840 neck for a while because the stats from the ilvl upgrades aren't high enough to warrant replacing the +5% max mana bonus it has.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    From MMO-Champs newest 7.1 patch notes
    Chaos Bolt Unleashes a devastating blast of chaos, causing [ 1 + 500% of Spell Power ] Chaos damage. Chaos Bolt always critically strikes and your critical strike chance increases its damage. 40 yd range. Instant. 100 yd range. Instant.

Datamining errors are such teases.

It could be referring to the dimensional rift chaos bolt. As far as the rest of the pvp changes go it seems they went all in with destro shadow burn instant build. Instant immolate / conflagration/ shadow burn should hurt.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Crafting is absolutely too tedious. Obliterum is actually a really good idea but the investment is so high that no one who needs it can afford it.

Alchemy has become the centre of the AH I'm sure. There simply aren't enough mats and the market is going crazy. They should add some herbalism / alchemy daily WQs to remove stress.

Potions are even worse than flasks, armor pots go for 600 on my server now, and that is potentially per attempt. Mythic raids must burn 15k gold per attempt in food+pots on top of the flasks.

And yeah Nomi is garbage. Today I got a recipe for the first time this week.

It was a 1star for bacony bits, which I already have 2 star in.

Well at least that panda bastard isn't fucking just me with that. I've gotten two of those. I assume he's broken with regards to bacon.

Bacon is explicitly broken and isn't getting fixed until 7.1 - once you have rank 1 don't waste bacon on him until the patch

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    Don't forget to pick up the weekly quest from Timear in Dalaran.

5k resources for 20 world quests.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    danx wrote: »
    Didn't they include codes in the DVD edition that came out in the states recently? Think I remember something about it on GAF. Should be plenty of them kicking about if they were included.

Oh, didn't know about that. I will have to look. Did anyone here happen to get the DVD of the movie?

I did
    You get Gul'dan for HoTS, Mediv for Hearthstone and a code for a free copy of wow if you want to get a 2nd or possibly a third account

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So a bunch of my old friends from my guild last expansion had server transferred, and they invited me to raid with them tonight. We full cleared Emerald Nightmare normal. It was awesome :D

This also meant I could finish that part of the Suramar quest chain, which, apparently that's all you need to do? I never did Arcway or Court of Stars but I got the Good Suramaritan achievement and Rank 1 Pathfinder. *shrug* Also, surprisingly involved quest chain even after finishing the raid portion.

I seriously wish cross-realm guilds were a thing. They SHOULD be a thing, the realms are way too spread out right now. I'd love to be in their guild but I really don't want to server transfer and abandon all my alts (which are all feeding each other with complementary professions and such).

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    I find it hard to believe an ilvl +30 item is still not worth it if it doesnt have your number 1 secondary stat on it; if the stat weights are that far off they need to rebalance

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Kruite wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe an ilvl +30 item is still not worth it if it doesnt have your number 1 secondary stat on it; if the stat weights are that far off they need to rebalance

They do...and eventually they might. You can't expect those kinds of changes outside a big patch!

And what if they're to busy in the next big patch? be reasonable!

Just hope they get around to it before the next expansion. Like all the other outstanding class issues.

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Wow, compared to Normal, LFR Ursoc is sad.

I get Why it's like that, but I was expecting a bit more.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

30 item levels would almost always outweigh secondaries if it was an item that had primary stat on it, but jewelry doesn't.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    If you want access to mythics use the group finder. You are not locked out of mythics because you're playing by yourself. Hell I did normal Xavius last night using the group finder.

!

Group finder for me is just people looking for heals or a tank or well another problem
    WoWScrnShot_100516_010637_zpsaiurldor.jpg

• Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    Adellios wrote: »

What, 5k resources. I'm in heaven. Where is he and is this something that pops up every week?

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Lind wrote: »
    Adellios wrote: »

What, 5k resources. I'm in heaven. Where is he and is this something that pops up every week?

He gives a quest based on what kind of bonus week it is, near the dalaran prison.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    If you want access to mythics use the group finder. You are not locked out of mythics because you're playing by yourself. Hell I did normal Xavius last night using the group finder.

!

Group finder for me is just people looking for heals or a tank or well another problem

I mean... you can literally see a group looking for dps on that list lol. Illidan just happens to be a server with a huge chinese user base. Just like azralon and ragnaros are brazilian or other south american countries. It's always taken dps longer to find groups for anything. Even using lfr or lfd queues, dps queues are often 10x that of healers or tanks. It's one of the reasons I don't usually play solely dps classes, it is much easier and faster to just switch to a healer spec and go right away.

• Options
    I find it silly I have had to wait for DPS when I que on my warrior for tanking
    My paladin tank doesn't have that problem that often but more of healers phoning it in

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    My paladin tank doesn't have that problem that often but more of healers phoning it in

My guild's main tank has been complaining about the same thing. Well, healers seem to be a bigger bottleneck than DPS, but there certainly seem to be more tanks queuing now than before.

Regarding the healer bottleneck, I've found pug healing somewhat annoying this expansion due to numerous mechanics that require DPS to play attention, which they are extremely reluctant to do. Basically as a healer it seems you're expected to outgear the content so you can carry the group while they fail at mechanics, plus also handle interrupts together with the tank. And you should also DPS a bit or people will complain. I've been healing pugs since vanilla and heard every complaint so I can deal, but I can see how the current pug environment might make many people reluctant to join as healers.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Yeah in the first two weeks I could queue tank and always get a bonus chest.

Now those only seem to be up 20% of the time.

I have an impressive ilvl (861) so people happily take me in the group finder, though tank raid spots seem scarce. I tried to pug a heroic yesterday to see if I could get a bit of experience in (I need some rotation practice on Ursoc HC, the fact that both the DBM and the Fatboss video which people seem to follow do it unoptimally, leading to tank deaths, is really throwing me off on the 3 tries I did)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

My guild's main tank has been complaining about the same thing. Well, healers seem to be a bigger bottleneck than DPS, but there certainly seem to be more tanks queuing now than before.

Regarding the healer bottleneck, I've found pug healing somewhat annoying this expansion due to numerous mechanics that require DPS to play attention, which they are extremely reluctant to do. Basically as a healer it seems you're expected to outgear the content so you can carry the group while they fail at mechanics, plus also handle interrupts together with the tank. And you should also DPS a bit or people will complain. I've been healing pugs since vanilla and heard every complaint so I can deal, but I can see how the current pug environment might make many people reluctant to join as healers.

This man speaks the truth. I'm always going OOM in PUG mythic dungeon boss fights because DPS can't seem to be bothered to learn the mechanics, and it's up to me to blow all my cooldowns and mana saving them. That's kind of the way healing has always been, but this expansion it seems like there are more avoidable damage mechanics, and DPS seem to think the damage is just something the healers are expected to deal with.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options

They did a thing this expansion with secondaries to make them actually matter early on, rather than give meaningless totals (like 12% crit in the first tier) so choices barely matter till late in the expansion.

You get lots of secondary stats now and they scale with ilvl like garbage. Like, I saw a ring that is 895 ilvl and it had barely 1500 crit. I have an 835 ring with 1200ish. And its not just odd distribution of the other secondary too. I think the 895 had 700 of the other one and mine has 500. However, you can tell this is just secondaries because my ring is 800ish stam and he 895 was over 1500 stam.

This is basically why a bad secondary on a high ilvl is bad compared to a good on on a low ilvl. Because the increase is so low. This is mostly jewelery as stated, but some classes get so much from a secondary if a main piece lacks it the main stat isn't all that valuable. Like even in the worst cases, most classes would have 1.0 main stat weight and 0.9 best secondary.

It is kind of cool though, because it makes gear kind of like how it used to be in Vanilla and TBC where just getting the next tier of gear wasn't always a 100% improvement across the board.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I have begun a Mythic tour guide for guildees project this week, where I take in some dudes who don't play much but want to move on, and are in that 825 - 835 zone where heroics become low value but you can forget about a pug dps spot.

Having undergeared dps seems to make people listen to explanations better since you can't still law through.

It is actually really important in mythic+ to know and dodge mechanics. Because saving healer mana is speed, stopping spawns or healing mobs saves time.

On that note: Bring DKs to Blackrook Hold.
    You can control undead all mobs before boss1, the archers of the final pack before boss2, and the lancers before the final boss. You can get about 50k dps out of them, you can rechain them, and you can take the edge of some hard pulls. (But not the three hardest, all immune)

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

This man speaks the truth. I'm always going OOM in PUG mythic dungeon boss fights because DPS can't seem to be bothered to learn the mechanics, and it's up to me to blow all my cooldowns and mana saving them. That's kind of the way healing has always been, but this expansion it seems like there are more avoidable damage mechanics, and DPS seem to think the damage is just something the healers are expected to deal with.

As a tank, the most bemusing complaint that I hear from melee DPS is that I move trash mobs too much. In some cases, "too much" means rotating a trash pack 90° or pulling them about five yards in a given direction in order to move them out of a poop cloud or avoid a frontal AOE cone on the ground.

I've queued for a few Normal mode dungeons to see how I feel about healing. After doing a few Normal modes, I'm slightly terrified. As DPS I just follow the mob around, avoid standing in stuff, interrupt as appropriate, take positive steps towards my own survival as appropriate, and blow cooldowns as often as possible except when they should be saved for appropriate moments. As a tank I just avoid standing in stuff, move the mob away from bad stuff, time cooldowns for specific abilities or transitions unless those don't matter in which case I use them whenever the group takes large amounts of damage and the healer needs to catch up, interrupt as appropriate, and keep an eye out for things that I need to pick up.

As a healer, it's like I'm trying to play two games at once, one in which I'm juggling keep bars topped up using a variety of different abilities, and one in which I'm trying to avoid standing in stuff. And that's not even being a good healer, that's being a passable healer. I've got an ilevel as a healer close to 850, but I feel like I'm having trouble with Normals. I'm not splitting my attention very well at all.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    My friends took me on a Mythic run as a DPS and kept trying to explain all the Blackrook Hold fights to me, I was like "Dudes, I got this...I'm a healer main. I know all the mechanics to every fight."

I never realized that about healers before I played one, but when you're running a dungeon and you screw up a mechanic? The healer can immediately tell, and they know you messed up, because all of a sudden it's an emergency to keep you alive. That only happens when you Stood In The Bad of this expansion, with a few rare exceptions.

• Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    I've queued for a few Normal mode dungeons to see how I feel about healing. After doing a few Normal modes, I'm slightly terrified. As DPS I just follow the mob around, avoid standing in stuff, interrupt as appropriate, take positive steps towards my own survival as appropriate, and blow cooldowns as often as possible except when they should be saved for appropriate moments. As a tank I just avoid standing in stuff, move the mob away from bad stuff, time cooldowns for specific abilities or transitions unless those don't matter in which case I use them whenever the group takes large amounts of damage and the healer needs to catch up, interrupt as appropriate, and keep an eye out for things that I need to pick up.

As a healer, it's like I'm trying to play two games at once, one in which I'm juggling keep bars topped up using a variety of different abilities, and one in which I'm trying to avoid standing in stuff. And that's not even being a good healer, that's being a passable healer. I've got an ilevel as a healer close to 850, but I feel like I'm having trouble with Normals. I'm not splitting my attention very well at all.

I would definitely recommend you use a mod that will help you with healing. I use Grid, I find it makes the health bars a lot more manageable and easier to read. I've heard that Healbot is good as well, but I dont have much experience with it. I keep it close to my character, that way my eyes don't have to move very far from watching what's happening to me. I have it set up so 3 corners are taken up by my heal over time spells and one corner is for whether someone has a curse I can cleanse. A lot of fights in this expansion require the healer to cleanse debuffs from the DPS at important times.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular

I would definitely recommend you use a mod that will help you with healing. I use Grid, I find it makes the health bars a lot more manageable and easier to read. I've heard that Healbot is good as well, but I dont have much experience with it. I keep it close to my character, that way my eyes don't have to move very far from watching what's happening to me. I have it set up so 3 corners are taken up by my heal over time spells and one corner is for whether someone has a curse I can cleanse. A lot of fights in this expansion require the healer to cleanse debuffs from the DPS at important times.

Yeha, proobably need to get into that too, because is the same problems that I'm having since I'm new to thos whole "Healing" thing (most of my WoW time back in the day was as a tank).

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    With regards to gear having the wrong stats, when I was doing EN the other night one of the Shamans got Titanforged belt off of Cenarius. It was a 30 ilevel upgrade for him, and he sharded it because it had no Mastery.

I just don't get that.

I would have kept it, because at the very least there's the chance that stats could end up rebalanced at some point. Or he could change his mind about specs and go Elemental (or Enhancement could be nerfed and he could go Elemental). But that sort of talk came up a couple of times, across two different EN groups.

There are some dos specs where a certain stat really is head and shoulders above the rest. Like for fire mages, isn't crit worth more than int?

Right, but: if they ever switch specs or if Blizzard decides that the current stat weighting is silly then they've just sharded an upgrade.

I can't imagine that bank space is really so valuable that it isn't worthwhile to shrug and toss it in the bank in the off chance it becomes useful at some point.

I don't know enough about the situation, but this seems wrong. The boost to AGI in that belt, alone, should have been worth the loss of Mastery. Was the non-Mastery stat, Vers or Crit?

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    With regards to gear having the wrong stats, when I was doing EN the other night one of the Shamans got Titanforged belt off of Cenarius. It was a 30 ilevel upgrade for him, and he sharded it because it had no Mastery.

I just don't get that.

I would have kept it, because at the very least there's the chance that stats could end up rebalanced at some point. Or he could change his mind about specs and go Elemental (or Enhancement could be nerfed and he could go Elemental). But that sort of talk came up a couple of times, across two different EN groups.

There are some dos specs where a certain stat really is head and shoulders above the rest. Like for fire mages, isn't crit worth more than int?

Right, but: if they ever switch specs or if Blizzard decides that the current stat weighting is silly then they've just sharded an upgrade.

I can't imagine that bank space is really so valuable that it isn't worthwhile to shrug and toss it in the bank in the off chance it becomes useful at some point.

I don't know enough about the situation, but this seems wrong. The boost to AGI in that belt, alone, should have been worth the loss of Mastery. Was the non-Mastery stat, Vers or Crit?

The belt is crit/haste.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    From MMO-Champs newest 7.1 patch notes
    Chaos Bolt Unleashes a devastating blast of chaos, causing [ 1 + 500% of Spell Power ] Chaos damage. Chaos Bolt always critically strikes and your critical strike chance increases its damage. 40 yd range. Instant. 100 yd range. Instant.

Datamining errors are such teases.

I really don't think this is a tease. It's kinda pointless. maybe pvp it will help i guess, but pve, if you cant follow up CB with other spells like immolate or conflag your wasting eradication buff time.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Also, Blizzard. Fuck. Versatility.

I'm a dps cloth int caster. If you want to force it down our throats do it on PvP gear where you actually might use the defensive half of it.

Yes I did get 4 drops including my mythic chest yesterday all with massive amounts of versatility, how did you guess?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

I'm a dps cloth int caster. If you want to force it down our throats do it on PvP gear where you actually might use the defensive half of it.

Yes I did get 4 drops including my mythic chest yesterday all with massive amounts of versatility, how did you guess?

At least for warlocks you don't want it in pvp either. Haste for the haste god , crit for the crit throne.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I still can't believe that they nixed multi-strike, an actually fun stat, and kept versatility.

• Options
    Blizzard like many things puts to F U in fun

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »

But everyone needs the defensive part of it.

not all damage is avoidable. Any damage reduction is useful just maybe not to the deeps numbers.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    I still can't believe that they nixed multi-strike, an actually fun stat, and kept versatility.

what was fun about it? it was just crit that looked different in floating combat text.

• Options
    So I got the demo artifact and well it's neat it and my current demon will talk to each other!
    But I do miss imps for days part of demo it was fun to try to get 20+ imps out at once

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Mugsley wrote: »

I just don't get that.

The belt is crit/haste.

Isn't that why there are ability "scaling" values? You can boil every piece down to -- essentially -- a gearscore for direct comparison.

I realize I'm splitting hairs on this (and agreeing with you in the process), so I'll drop it.

Mugsley on
  • Options

I'd sort of like stats that add AOE or a DOT as a percentage of damage done.

• Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    Koldanar wrote: »
    Koldanar wrote: »
    So, I've gotten myself to ilvl 833, and I've run out of solo stuff to do. What can I do to get into some Mythic runs with you guys? I'm generally only on one day a week (Wednesday nights, two little kids are at fault!).

Are you alliance or horde? I'm 837/838 (arcane/frost) mage w/ alliance and ive been looking to get into a mythic.

Alliance as well - Paladin tank / dps.

If you guys are looking for a healer, I am a resto shaman that would be down to heal some.

• Options

I'd sort of like stats that add AOE or a DOT as a percentage of damage done.

I think there was going to be an AOE stat in WoD and it was impossible to balance.

Something adding a DOT would be good though. I think that is definitely interesting and would be unique. The only issue is it really wouldn't work with actual dots, making its balance odd with certain classes. And it seems like EVERY class has like one dot at least.

• Options
    I understand I'm in a unique situation, but I don't want to have a piece of gear that is otherwise perfect for my setup, but I have to unequip it when we have to handle a CC dungeon/raid trash pack or when I'm near murlocs out in the world.

This discussion has been closed.