As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

JRPGs: The song is the same, but the Versus are all different.

WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
edited November 2016 in Social Entropy++
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb-f9P_tyQQ

Here's a thread for discussing games that come out of Japan and consume 40 to 80 hours of our lives usually!

Unless it's a mobile game, in which case you may never escape its clutches, especially with an Idolm@ster event coming up and a likely Halloween event of some kind.

If you're lucky they'll just adapt that mobile game for consoles, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brTFp1NVHeE

WeedLordVegeta on

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Okay but where do Quests fit into this

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    they're full of Warriors employing Tactics

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

At the foot of the dragons

dN0T6ur.png
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »

At the foot of the dragons

And that's where the fire comes from for the emblems! It's all so clear now!

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Speaking of the Id@lmaster collab this month

I'm really hoping for Pinya Sword or Black Axe to return, I need Fire Unknown weapons

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I'm seriously considering buying Mobacoin for this beginner bonus thing in Granblue

But also trying to buy fake currency for a JP mobile game seems...tricky

IKknkhU.gif
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Speaking of the Id@lmaster collab this month

I'm really hoping for Pinya Sword or Black Axe to return, I need Fire Unknown weapons

They're never gonna top that Ace Combat hype. I love my Makoto Typhoon.

wVEsyIc.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Stilts wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering buying Mobacoin for this beginner bonus thing in Granblue

This is one of the main things I use the app for, actually

At least on Android, if you use the app you can just straight up use Google wallet to pay for it, I'd imagine the iOS app has a similar thing going for it

I uh, may have purchased a couple surprise tickets as they've popped up as well

Maddoc on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Dragon Quest 7 Update: I finally have the flying carpet that the manual promised me, it only took me 36 Hours and 29 Minutes

I also caught up on all the reformed monsters I had missed thus far, I was just a fool for not catching on that the very first guy was giving me a clue but with the clues it is pretty dang easy

So now I have to explore all their traveler tablet areas, plus the DLC ones

Still haven't found anybody to run the monster farm but that can't be too much further off I hope

2x39jD4.jpg
    By the way if anyone wants to add me in Granblue my ID is 10342448

At least on Android, if you use the app you can just straight up use Google wallet to pay for it, I'd imagine the iOS app has a similar thing going for it

I'm using Chrome to play on my PC

Not sure if it works the same way

IKknkhU.gif

I'm using Chrome to play on my PC

Not sure if it works the same way

Okay so I'm not at home so I don't have all the details on hand

But there is apparently a way to use Chrome developer mode to run the Android app that miiight allow you to utilize your Google wallet in the same way? It'll be awhile before I'm out of work, but I can look up how that all works this afternoon.

Honestly though, I pretty much only use the app for spending money purposes since the browser version runs smoother.

So if you have an Android or iOS phone and want to actually spend money, I'd still suggest grabbing QooApp and using it to install the mobile app for that purpose alone.

I rolled a new baby account right before this event so I am struggling to get through chapter 5 of this event

I plan to sit down after work and run through both parts of the event, I've been too preoccupied to even touch it so far.

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Rikku confirmed for World of Final Fantasy! :)
    FFX-2 Rikku :(

edited October 2016

At this point, I'm just glad when the spinoff games acknowledge her existence

EDIT: Also, I downloaded Bluestacks and connected it to my google account, so hopefully that'll work in place of a phone. If not I'll just buy a card and avoid the hassle. It's highly unlikely I'll make any purchases for Granblue outside of this one.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif

EDIT: Also, I downloaded Bluestacks and connected it to my google account, so hopefully that'll work in place of a phone. If not I'll just buy a card and avoid the hassle. It's highly unlikely I'll make any purchases for Granblue outside of this one.

I'd say Rikku is fairly up there in popularity that she'll more often than not show up in any FF crossover/spinoff.

Meanwhile characters like Lulu, Beatrix, Selphie, and anyone from FFXIII who isn't Lightning (or sometimes Snow) continue to be ignored and forgotten.

edited October 2016

I'd say Rikku is fairly up there in popularity that she'll more often than not show up in any FF crossover/spinoff.

Meanwhile characters like Lulu, Beatrix, Selphie, and anyone from FFXIII who isn't Lightning (or sometimes Snow) continue to be ignored and forgotten.

So, interesting thing about that

I actually did a search to see if Square ever did an official popularity poll

And it turns out they did, 3 years ago, one for the male characters and one for the female characters

Rikku placed in #13. The #12 and #14 spots? Selphie and Beatrix, respectively.

EDIT: And while Lightning did take the top spot, Serah showed up at #7.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    edited October 2016
    There have been more recent polls, but I forgot where they were posted.

I feel that a lot of the choices come down to what games were recently released/re-released. Do a poll next year and Noctis will probably be #1 just for being new.

And when the FFVII Remake comes half the poll will just be those characters.

Professor Snugglesworth on
    edited October 2016
    Granblue payment update: Bluestacks totally works for using Google wallet, and now I have my waifu an Amira.

Gonna save the 10-part draw ticket for a premium gala.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    edited October 2016
    That's generally the smart thing to do

And if you're like me and have extremely poor impulse control I'm expecting another surprise ticket to show up later this month (I'm torn on skipping it since I technically don't really need anyone else for my Fire team, but I could work on my second team...)

Maddoc on
    I'm EXTREMELY excited for the new Halloween characters, if there are any

• Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    There have been more recent polls, but I forgot where they were posted.

I feel that a lot of the choices come down to what games were recently released/re-released. Do a poll next year and Noctis will probably be #1 just for being new.

And when the FFVII Remake comes half the poll will just be those characters.
    Eh, I dunno about that. The #1 character on the male list was Zack (FFVII). The female top 5 is rounded out by Aerith (FFVII), Yuna (FFX), Tifa (FFVII), and Celes (FFVI). Faris (FFV) tied with Garnet (FFIX) for 8th.

You could make the re-release argument, and sure that might have some small impact, except Square is always re-releasing all the Final Fantasies. All of them, from platform to platform.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
    I'm EXTREMELY excited for the new Halloween characters, if there are any

Assuming they started introducing Halloween characters in the first year, I'd expect probably one new SSR, along with Halloween Charlotta and Cagliostro coming back.

Halloween Cagliostro would be kind of a nice pull for my Dark team...

Yo check your boxes, premium ticket due to maintenance I guess

Apparently earlier this morning the SSR rate was bugged to be almost 20%

Real real sad I missed that

Yeah same, holy shit

Also for reference, to use this SR/SSR ticket you have to go to the Rupee/Other tab in the draw screen.

It's not subject to any rate increases and you don't get a spark for using it.

Yeah I used mine and got an sr dark dagger

Game is trying to tell me something

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    So...just started Bravely Second. Finally got my full party. Questions:

I've heard I have to make choices regarding jobs this time around. Any recommendations?
    Abilink still breaks the game so...I have Quad Wield already. Should I run around with this? It seems it might be troublesome running with no armor.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

So, interesting thing about that

I actually did a search to see if Square ever did an official popularity poll

And it turns out they did, 3 years ago, one for the male characters and one for the female characters

Rikku placed in #13. The #12 and #14 spots? Selphie and Beatrix, respectively.

EDIT: And while Lightning did take the top spot, Serah showed up at #7.

Ashe in 16th place? Man fuck this poll

dN0T6ur.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I like how Aerith still pulls number two

2x39jD4.jpg
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    The only good character in final fantasy is tataru

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    That's a weird way to say Shantotto

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    That's a weird way to spell everyone from 5.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    thats a weird way to spell haurchefant

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Think all y'all are confusing folks for Hildibrand Manderville, agent of inquiry, inspector extraordinaire.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    /mdance is still the best emote in the game, better than the Vanu dance. Not sorry.

Speaking of XIV, I kind of stopped playing before I found out
    what Papalymo and Yda were up to. The last patch I played was when they release Sephirot, but I also may not have done all of the story content. Did they do ever end up actually doing anything? They looked like they were up to shenanigans in Ala Mhigo, but then they story kind of up and forgot about them.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

Yes. Very much so

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
This discussion has been closed.