As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] is a Battlefield

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Hacksaw is the best at negging.

I haven't even begun to neg his greaves and spaulders.

gBbdYxf.jpg

You know what they say about guys with big pauldrons, right?

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Eh, they're trying to get it established as a legit business and fine for discerning adults. Maybe in a hundred years when they need to differentiate brands.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Hacksaw is the best at negging.

I haven't even begun to neg his greaves and spaulders.

gBbdYxf.jpg

You know what they say about guys with big pauldrons, right?

they have a compressed spine?

• Options
    I mean, I still call it that

It's just a thing I've heard and so hey

no no it's interesting!

also you are a history nerd now

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I think most people would love it if we started calling marijuana devil's weed

At my old telemarketing job the supervisors called it "The Devil's Lettuce." I've used that one a few times since then. Always a hit.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

IT'S THE DEVIL'S LETTUCE I TELL YOU!

Edit: @Rainfall ffs

OpposingFarce on
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    I think I'd really be hard pressed to find a single person that knows that marijuana/marijhuana offensive connotation fact.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular

IT'S THE DEVIL'S LETTUCE I TELL YOU!

Edit: @Rainfall ffs

Shit, I think this is my first ghost ever.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Tinder protip ladies:

A profile that says you are not interested in casual sex, flings, or otherwise, and only want the longest term of relationships, when coupled with a selection of pictures that are all posed photos of you in your underwear with your face not in frame just might be giving off some mixed messages. Just, you know, putting that out there, not for any particular reason.

It's a scam profile.

But an elaborate one, it sounds like.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Tinder protip ladies:

A profile that says you are not interested in casual sex, flings, or otherwise, and only want the longest term of relationships, when coupled with a selection of pictures that are all posed photos of you in your underwear with your face not in frame just might be giving off some mixed messages. Just, you know, putting that out there, not for any particular reason.

It's a scam profile.

Yeah, that was my actual first assumption. I'm waiting 24 hours before I even consider sending a message, just in case.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Tinder protip ladies:

It's a scam profile.

My profile (when I had one) was pretty much exactly as he describes so I would not jump right to that. But I was on a gay site.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    I want a long term relationship but I want you to know how sexy all this is. Seems simple enough.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Aphostile wrote: »
    I want a long term relationship but I want you to know how sexy all this is. Seems simple enough.

Yeah, the whole "if you want summa dis, you'd best be in for the long haul" sell.

Also called the "shoulda put a ring on it" profile.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

If someone wants me to know how attractive they are, they ought to include a picture of their face

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

If someone wants me to know how attractive they are, they ought to include a picture of their face

No face leads me to believe it's an insincere attempt, no matter the base motives of the account holder.

• Options
    Uh, no. LOTS of people are super uncomfortable having their face in dating profile pictures, ESPECIALLY if they want to include sexy pics of themselves.

It is extremely common to do.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    And those people are mostly overlooked and will continue to be so? If your goal is dating with long-term outcome, and the majority are showing their face, and you aren't, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage. Which is what people are saying. "Hey, cool, you might want to try something else though if that's true."

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    I would never go on a date with someone from an online dating site who's face I couldn't see.

Thats a straight up recipe for a murdering.

• Options
    Things can be extremely common and also weird as hell and probably just there for the sex/murder

Look at spiders, for instance

• Options
    Like, I've talked to and gone on dates with people who don't show their faces on their dating website

Most frequently they are professionals or are stepping out on someone

Very occasionally they're just paranoid

If I see one of those profiles, I'm going to assume the former first

• Options
    edited October 2016
    I would never go on a date with someone from an online dating site who's face I couldn't see.
    Infidel wrote: »
    And those people are mostly overlooked and will continue to be so? If your goal is dating with long-term outcome, and the majority are showing their face, and you aren't, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage. Which is what people are saying. "Hey, cool, you might want to try something else though if that's true."

"if that's true" being the operative phrase here. I'm gonna go ahead and say you don't actually know.

It's not like they NEVER show their face; just after the messaging gets to a point where you're comfortable enough to do so.

Seriously, you all are being way too hard on these people. I had no face on my dating profiles and had no problem with it and very few people I messaged did either.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    So I tried pestering Tolkien girl today in hopes of squeezing another dinner date out of her very busy schedule this weekend

and she's all:
    "*drum-roll*

"Come hang out with me all weekend, Oct. 22-23 at a salsa dancing workshop."

Well, I'd love to, awesome lady, but you just killed me with that incredible invitation, so unfortunately I will be dead that weekend.

What the hell am I gonna WEAR!?

sarukun on
  • Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    So I tried pestering Tolkien girl today in hopes of squeezing another dinner date out of her very busy schedule this weekend

and she's all:
    "*drum-roll*

Well, I'd love to, awesome lady, but you just killed me with that incredible invitation, so unfortunately I will be dead that weekend.

salsa, duh

oh wait it's a salsa workshop

chips

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

and she's all:
    "*drum-roll*

chip dancing clothes

so you'll go together

(this was a terrible terrible attempt at a joke, but I could really go for some chips and salsa right now)

• Options

It's not like they NEVER show their face; just after the messaging gets to a point where you're comfortable enough to do so.

Seriously, you all are being way too hard on these people. I had no face on my dating profiles and had no problem with it and very few people I messaged did either.

That is absolutely not the standard for any of the dating services I've used. Situations can be different, of course, but I brought this story up because it is an extremely unusual one for my overall dating experience.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Cuban salsa, not Mexican salsa.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Xaquin wrote: »

and she's all:
    "*drum-roll*

chip dancing clothes

so you'll go together

(this was a terrible terrible attempt at a joke, but I could really go for some chips and salsa right now)

I bought chips and salsa at Costco last weekend because it's been so damn long, and wouldn't you know it, Kirkland brand salsa ain't half bad.

• Options

That is absolutely not the standard for any of the dating services I've used. Situations can be different, of course, but I brought this story up because it is an extremely unusual one for my overall dating experience.

Totally, it's probably pretty weird depending on personal experience

However!

I can safely say I would never be comfortable enough to have my actual face on a dating profile and I would be surprised as all git out if I was the only person. But, then, again, not having your face on a GAY dating site is quite a different thing.

• Options

then you refuse the invite obvs

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Kirkland makes some good shit, yo.

Classy stuff.

• Options

Fuck you, I'm Cuban.

• Options
    edited October 2016

Fuck you, I'm Cuban.

Cuban salsa has pineapple! That's against nature!

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    I had salsa once from a regular grocery store that was basically black beans, onion, and jalapenos

it was incredible but I've never been able to find it again

maybe I should just make some

• Options

However!

I can safely say I would never be comfortable enough to have my actual face on a dating profile and I would be surprised as all git out if I was the only person. But, then, again, not having your face on a GAY dating site is quite a different thing.

Out of curiosity, why not?

• Options
    edited October 2016

Fuck you, I'm Cuban.

There is no edible Cuban salsa.

Cuban salsa only has

azúcar.

And none of you know how incredible that reference is, because y'all ain't Cuban!

"Cuban" salsa with pineapple in it is some bullshit some schmuck on the food network made up. We ain't eat corn chips because we ain't grow any fuckin' corn.

Edit- having said all that, Mexican salsa is blood and you need it in you at all times.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited October 2016

However!

Out of curiosity, why not?

For a lot of people it's still not safe, or they don't feel it's safe, for people to know they're gay.

Plus, let's be honest a lot of them were cheating on a boyfriend and/or wife/husband.

Magic Pink on
  • Options

Fuck you, I'm Cuban.

Cuban salsa only has

azúcar.

And none of you know how incredible that reference is, because y'all ain't Cuban!

"Cuban" salsa with pineapple in it is some bullshit some schmuck on the food network made up. We ain't eat corn chips because we ain't grow any fuckin' corn.

Edit- having said all that, Mexican salsa is blood and you need it in you at all times.

what kind of chips do you eat?

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Banana chips, kid. Good ol', versatile plantains.

Échale poquito de sal, mojo de ajo, ma' na'.

sarukun on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Man.

Car Registrations are expensive.

• Options

Fuck you, I'm Cuban.

Cuban salsa only has

azúcar.

this... this is a lot to hit someone with all at once

my world is a lie

at least tell me you still all drink tequila all day every day

This discussion has been closed.