As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    how clearly do you need it said?

corvidae on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    how clearly do you need it said?

Clearly? I've never liked coy half reveals in this game.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    With this game, being unable to PM, it's a balance of keeping things hidden and just communicate important info.

Like, I know that there are vanillagers in this game, but no one else knows that.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    To me it sounds like he gets a notification when a specific maf role dies.
    Which could mean there's one verification role for each maf.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    With this game, being unable to PM, it's a balance of keeping things hidden and just communicate important info.

Like, I know that there are vanillagers in this game, but no one else knows that.

I mean, all the vanillagers would know that...

• Options
    discrider wrote: »

Not true. I know this from my own power.

• Options
    edited October 2016

I requested like two days ago that any role list role should infodump to thread.

Once we have that list then we know what and maybe how to confirm people against this.

You have 2 minutes I think.
    And you can't quote your PM.

:(:(:(

discrider on
  • Options
    Or maybe I have my times wrong... it was 3 hours from now last I reckoned?

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

Nope, not at all.

I requested like two days ago that any role list role should infodump to thread.

Once we have that list then we know what and maybe how to confirm people against this.

I don't have a list. I have a power to see if you are insane or not. The Insane people don't have powers, the sane do. The mafia has insane people and sane people, according to my role.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Mafia don't kill at day time, so he has another day.

Also I keep thinking wait, cantide is playing?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Mafia don't kill at day time, so he has another day.

Also I keep thinking wait, cantide is playing?

Can't have game talk at night

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Nope, not at all.

I don't have a list. I have a power to see if you are insane or not. The Insane people don't have powers, the sane do. The mafia has insane people and sane people, according to my role.

Oh. So the insane people wouldn't necessarily know that they don't have powers. Because they are insane.

GG

discrider on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Nope, not at all.

I think it'd be hilarious if you are the only insane person in the game

• Options

Nope, not at all.

I think it'd be hilarious if you are the only insane person in the game

God I hope not.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    So is the idea that insane people think they are vanillagers and don't have powers assigned to them? Or, do they think they have powers that they don't?

That's a very confusing role.

• Options
    So is the idea that insane people think they are vanillagers and don't have powers assigned to them? Or, do they think they have powers that they don't?

Everyone has a role that says you have a power. But in reality, some of you don't have that power at all. But you don't know that. I can seer you and if you are insane, you don't have that power. Or will get false positives. Like a seer will see everyone as mafia, no matter what.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Sounds like the game is skewed against everyone. I like that!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Also, @discrider I don't think that last amulet vote counts since it's an edited post.

• Options

Everyone has a role that says you have a power. But in reality, some of you don't have that power at all. But you don't know that. I can seer you and if you are insane, you don't have that power. Or will get false positives. Like a seer will see everyone as mafia, no matter what.

..... Did the mafia know that? I feel like this info may have been important for them not to know

Steam profile
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

..... Did the mafia know that? I feel like this info may have been important for them not to know

GG is a bad guy, of course they knew.

• Options
    screw it.

i've been thinking about this a lot during this (long, long, long, interminable, insufferably) long day......

in an effort to spread information, and discussion, and TBH, make it harder for the mafia to pick easy targets...

i'm in love with someone. I'm a hopeless romantic. I'm allowed to pm with my crush. The downside......if he/she dies, i die also. I'm totally okay with revealing my role, and my ability, cause it's kind of a liability for the village. If the mafia/vig/sk/whatever hits my object of affection, i die also from a broken heart.

now the important part. My crush also claims to be a death seer.... And everything that chamberlain said, lines up with what my crush says.

so yeah, there are pm abilities and (probably) multiple death seers.

and GG's story is hella bullshit.

• Options
    kime wrote: »

It's kinda of a double edged sword because if I say someone is sane, then the mafia would just kill them because they have powers, but if I say they are insane, they may think I'm protecting someone. And they don't know if their own people are insane or not so they might leave me alive to see if I accidentally seer one of them and let them know something important or not. Really, it's not a great power to have when we can't PM people, which is why I wasn't worried about eating the vote. My power isn't that good. But is at the same time.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure why you said that. Now the mafia kills the death seer and you in a two for one tonight without even one death seen.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Don't lover roles usually work both ways
    As in if you die doesn't the supposed (probably important) death seer also die

• Options
    I'm not sure why you said that. Now the mafia kills the death seer and you in a two for one tonight without even one death seen.

I rather people know a mechanic of the game than anything else. Which is also why I'm cool with being day 1'd too. My power is nearly useless in a PMless game.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    Don't lover roles usually work both ways
    As in if you die doesn't the supposed (probably important) death seer also die

I read it as more of a creepy stalker thing.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options

you missed the part about multiple death seers.

• Options

What is with your hostile attitude with me? We didn't lose the last game because of me, we lose because we barely had a chance and I did what I could to win.

• Options

I rather people know a mechanic of the game than anything else. Which is also why I'm cool with being day 1'd too. My power is nearly useless in a PMless game.

That was to Corv, you posted while I was posting.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    I'm out. I already have no fucking idea what's going on in this game, lol.

• Options
    Let me ‘splain…No, there is too much. Let me sum up. Buttercup is marry’ Humperdinck in a little less than half an hour. So all we have to do is get in, break up the wedding, steal the princess, make our escape… after I kill Count Rugen.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

What is with your hostile attitude with me? We didn't lose the last game because of me, we lose because we barely had a chance and I did what I could to win.

We think the point is that powers (like theirs) are working today, so the sanity arbitrary decider would've come into play at some point. Someone would've tried to use their power and been denied. Unless your power actually takes it from them when they are checked.

Ergo bullshit

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Vote will close in 5 minutes

• Options
    I hope this isn't as soft reveal train as it looks.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Or that your abilities will provide inaccurate results?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    See Insane Seer in the signup thread.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Moridin889 wrote: »

We think the point is that powers (like theirs) are working today, so the sanity arbitrary decider would've come into play at some point. Someone would've tried to use their power and been denied. Unless your power actually takes it from them when they are checked.

Ergo bullshit

Insane roles are already part of the phalla game. Look at the OP in the CF Phalla Signup List. They have Insane Seers there.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Or that your abilities will provide inaccurate results?

Possibly, but if there are abilities that allow us to talk privately, there's not much room for error with providing 'accurate results' It works or it doesn't.

• Options
    clock timed out before i could explain. have at it kiddos.

• Options
    And now to move back to our conversations on conventions of grammar.