As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The thread that goes bump in the night! [Spooky] Thread y'all!

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Swear to god, if this is all some kind of publicity stunt for the Insane Clown Posse...

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Could have sworn I read that the clown sightings was viral marketing for something, and/or had something to do with Adult Swim.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I am assuming they are viral marketing for the new IT movie ;p

Oh brilliant
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Finally, a Killer Klowns from Outer Space reboot!

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Finally, a Killer Klowns from Outer Space reboot!

We met the Chiodo brothers at a convention a few years ago, they've been trying to get a sequel off the ground for years.

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

if you can't do the time ....

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

There's also the (semi unofficial) soundtrack to House of Leaves, composed by the author's sister:

https://youtu.be/o3lBF2h-Pl0

Poe is awesome and the fact she was absolutely fucked out of her career by her record company is infuriating

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    One of those clown guys is gonna get shot if they keep this bullshit up

vEaRQgH.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    People getting worked up over people dressed as clowns is so ridiculous to me, cause while it might have been actually sinister at first, at this point it's Halloween pranks and/or copycats. Nothing to be scared of unless they pull a gun on you or start vomiting spiders or something truly disturbing.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Matev wrote: »
    People getting worked up over people dressed as clowns is so ridiculous to me, cause while it might have been actually sinister at first, at this point it's Halloween pranks and/or copycats. Nothing to be scared of unless they pull a gun on you or start vomiting spiders or something truly disturbing.

you mean like trying to lure children into the woods

which they are

even as a joke that is some ridiculously stupid bullshit to pull

I searched all over my hard drives for a picture of the shack, but it's gone

almost as if it never existed

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I searched all over my hard drives for a picture of the shack, but it's gone

almost as if it never existed

Found one. Spoilered for spooky.
    bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com_files_2015_02_Adios-1.jpg

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

which they are

Like I said, at first. But now people are just copying what the reports said, or not even that, just wandering around as clowns. No real mystery or spook to it. People gonna do stupid shit other people did cause it's "funny" or "edgy" to do.

Like, I personally don't mind people getting up to their own brand of strange to make the world a bit different, just so long as no one's actually getting hurt over it.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

which they are

Like I said, at first. But now people are just copying what the reports said, or not even that, just wandering around as clowns. No real mystery or spook to it. People gonna do stupid shit other people did cause it's "funny" or "edgy" to do.

Like, I personally don't mind people getting up to their own brand of strange to make the world a bit different, just so long as no one's actually getting hurt over it.

I don't even believe the initial reports, myself. They rang of pure urban legend, childhood imagination. The kids reported that the clowns lived in an abandoned shack in the woods (that had zero signs of human presence when checked out) and all kinds of tell-tale, telephone game nonsense. The news channels ran with it beyond any reasonable expectation and now you have teenagers and other assholes trying to get on the news in their area, laughing all the way.

Meanwhile not a single kid was reported to have experienced a near-abduction, just some spooky bozos hanging out at the edge of the woods playing at being Dollar Store Pennywise.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I'm shocked that some of the clowns people have seen around Spokane haven't gotten themselves into a pickle. But I doubt they're pulling that shit in the Flats or out by Hillyard.

• JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Every year at this time when some asshole set us shock scares where they chase people with blade less chainsaws or jump out with top-tier horror show makeup and fake bloody knives, I ways think to myself "How desperate to you have to be to take a job where you're 100% guaranteed to get shot eventually if you keep at it? ".

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    So Jordan Peele of Key & Peele has directed a suspense thriller called Get Out that is set to come out in February

I haven't been this hyped for a movie in a long time

I'm on mobile browsing right now so if someone could link the trailer it would be greatly appreciated

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

• JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Reminds me I need to find a way to watch Ash vs. Evil Dead...

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    JihadJesus wrote: »

Have you considered going out to a cabin in the woods and finding a DVD box set in the basement near some skeletons?

• FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    I actually can't recommend Ash vs. Evil Dead enough

Haven't gotten into season 2 yet, but season 1 was rad, and sometimes pretty spoopy

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

• CampyCampy Registered User regular
    That Get Out trailer looks great. I get really freaked out by the concept of mind control, not trusting your own senses and stuff like that, so it seems right up my alley.

oh no, there's a skeleton inside me right now!

I know someone who can get that out of there for you
    its me I am it

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

You are also trapped inside a skeleton of your own making

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    JihadJesus wrote: »

Have you considered going out to a cabin in the woods and finding a DVD box set in the basement near some skeletons?

I found out two weeks ago that my cable plan, while not including Starz, still lets me watch it On Demand.

It's real fun !

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Have you tried luring it out with spaghetti?

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular

...thinner.....

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    0HYXpR6.jpg

@TankHammer @timspork's ghost

WE GOT OOOOONE!

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    A real clown doesn't wear a mask.

Hey yo, the Best Friends are doing their annual Shitshow, where they play through a variety of spoopy games for your pleasure and are big cowards about it. Check it out! The first game they play is called ANATOMY and it's about how houses are sort of living oganisms and such and it's pretty spoopy.

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

Buckle up bonehead, 'cause you're goin' for a ride!

vEaRQgH.png