As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

• corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    I'm out. I already have no fucking idea what's going on in this game, lol.

you never clarified what happened to the "scuttling"?

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    vote is closed

please stop posting game related comments

results will be posted shortly

Fry on
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »

Each game he RP's the role he had in the previous game. He scuttled because game before he was a monster in Zelda Phalla.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Is anyone else annoyed by the fact that dye and die both have the same conjugation dying?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    corvidae wrote: »

Each game he RP's the role he had in the previous game. He scuttled because game before he was a monster in Zelda Phalla.

He hasn't shown nearly enough familial angst to be playing as Dean

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Well in non game related comments
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTIptdTYaKY

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    vote is closed

please stop posting game related comments

results will be posted shortly

So.... back to the Oxford comma discussion then, yes?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Day One Results

Execute
    38thdoe (premium, MagicPrime)
    Gizzy (Grunt's Ghosts)
    Grunt's Ghosts (WACriminal, chamberlain)
    Kilnaga (Auralynx, Raiden333, JPants, discrider, Gizzy, MamaWolf, Brody, kime, corvidae, ObiFett, 38thdoe, Moridin889, Preda, AustinP0027)
    MagicPrime (Cythraul, JusticeForPluto)
    Moridin889 (Green)
    Don't Execute Anybody (Kilnaga)

Not Voting (nobody!)

Kilnaga has been killed (by a naga?)

Amulet
    Brody (Brody)
    chamberlain (corvidae, ObiFett, WACriminal, AustinP0027, Gizzy, MamaWolf)
    Grunt's Ghosts (JusticeForPluto, Grunt's Ghosts, discrider)
    JPants (Preda, JPants, Raiden333, MagicPrime)
    Kilnaga (Kilnaga)
    kime (kime)
    Moridin889 (Moridin889)

not voting: (voting on the amulet is optional)
    38thdoe, Auralynx, Green, premium, Cythraul, chamberlain

Chamberlain claims the Amulet of Protection

It is now Night One. Game-related talk is not permitted in the thread (this includes no breadcrumbing). If you want to be social and talk about the latest Marvel movie or whatever, that's fine. Night One ends in approximately 24 hours. Orders for all night actions are due at that time.

edited October 2016
    <edit for inappropriate material>

corvidae on
    also, i'm starting to think that FRY is a paid shill for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Do you really want to talk about the DC Cinematic Universe?

Booster Gold is coming to it though

Moridin889 wrote: »

And he'll be a emo drama queen from a gritty future where Lex Luthor has found how to solve world hunger with his piss and everyone is full of piss!

And he'll be a emo drama queen from a gritty future where Lex Luthor has found how to solve world hunger with his piss and everyone is full of piss!

He's not with the Murderverse. He's got his own slice of the multiverse. The Goldverse will supplant this dark realm and bring back hope. If he gets enough followers on Twitter

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    We really need a phalla phalla.
    Otherwise I'll have nothing to really say at night.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

He's not with the Murderverse. He's got his own slice of the multiverse. The Goldverse will supplant this dark realm and bring back hope. If he gets enough followers on Twitter

... I sincerely hope that's true, honestly, because that kind of thing is what Booster Gold was originally all about and a reversion to form would be hilarious.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    After inquiring with the barkeep about the "Wanted" posting outside, the party has found its way to the mouth of the cave nearby. The distinct smell of damp forest floor is highlighted with a metallic hint of blood in the air. The cave mouth is wide enough for four men walking astride and measures equally as tall. For an instant you think you can hear a sound from deep within, but is quickly drowned by the light breeze finding its way through the undergrowth.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    After inquiring with the barkeep about the "Wanted" posting outside, the party has found its way to the mouth of the cave nearby. The distinct smell of damp forest floor is highlighted with a metallic hint of blood in the air. The cave mouth is wide enough for four men walking astride and measures equally as tall. For an instant you think you can hear a sound from deep within, but is quickly drowned by the light breeze finding its way through the undergrowth.

I use my 10' pole to prod the ground and check for traps.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

That's a really short cave. But I'm sure it's fine!

> Enter the cave!

Steam profile
    kime wrote: »

> Enter the cave!

God kime let me check for traps first, geez.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Auralynx wrote: »

> Enter the cave!

God kime let me check for traps first, geez.

Coward. Onward to adventure, let's just see what happens!

Steam profile

I use my 10' pole to prod the ground and check for traps.

You prod the ground with your pole. It appears recently disturbed. You manage to pull up a few unidentifiable bones and roots. But find no traps.

> Enter the cave!

You enter the cave and find yourself in total darkness after a few paces. There is a stark flow of air from deeper within that carries dampness, a chill, and a musty smell. The floor of the cave quickly turns from dirt to stone and begins stepping downwards.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I command my skeletal umber hulk to enter the cave.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »

I follow, using my dwarven vision to see in the dark.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Despite the ridicule you'd received growing up by having a cat named "Skeletal Umber Hulk" you still kept them as a trusted and staunch companion on all your adventures. The cat meanders its way into the darkness while being distracted by a few fluttering leaves.
    I follow, using my dwarven vision to see in the dark.

You pass by Kime, who seems to be trying to feel their way in the darkness with varying success. The natural stone steps decent about six feet before opening to a chamber. The walls are rough natural stone and there appears to be some kind of mass located in the middle. Two pathways are visible at the back of the chamber, past the mass.

Summon a fire elemental and use it to light the mass in the chamber.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Your gestures are accentuated by arcane energy as a small rift to the fire elemental plane is torn through dimensions. A wisp of flame pours out and coalesces into a vaguely humanoid shape. A whoosh of hot dry air blows against your face and a warm orange glow fills the space. The mass in the middle appears at first glance to be a pile of roughspun fabric. Even with the added light any details would require closer inspection.

Your gestures are accentuated by arcane energy as a small rift to the fire elemental plane is torn through dimensions. A wisp of flame pours out and coalesces into a vaguely humanoid shape. A whoosh of hot dry air blows against your face and a warm orange glow fills the space. The mass in the middle appears at first glance to be a pile of roughspun fabric. Even with the added light any details would require closer inspection.

10' pole time.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

10' pole time.

Your dwarven stature gives you the perfect leverage for probing into the mass. With a shove it rolls over revealing the familiar shape of a human. Their clothes are tattered and caked in mud. The deep and erratic light of the elemental's aura casts long shadows on it's face. It's cheeks are drawn and sunken, the skin putrid and green even in the light. It's eye sockets are empty, the flesh around torn and rimmed in congealed blood. A handful of large cave rats scramble away from the corpse, deeper into the cave. "Skeletal Umber Hulk's" eyes grow big as saucers and gives chase to the rats.

Unless 38th / kime wants to do something with the dead guy I'm going to the left, but I'll give it a bit for those two or any other BOLD ADVENTURERS to do whatever.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I poke the dead body with a smaller stick, just to make sure its down for good.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I put on my wizard hat and robe....

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    ::Runs into the cave and pounces on a rat!::

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    Follow that cat!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Unless 38th / kime wants to do something with the dead guy I'm going to the left, but I'll give it a bit for those two or any other BOLD ADVENTURERS to do whatever.

You take the left passage. It goes for about ten paces before opening up once again. Your dark vision allows you to see that you are now walking on a natural stone bridge. Below you past where your natural dark vision can reach you hear the distinct sound of fast running water. This opening to the underground river also seems to be the source of the cold airflow. The bridge runs for at least another thirty paces, another cave entrance across the way. There is a small hint of a light source from deep within.
    Brody wrote: »
    I poke the dead body with a smaller stick, just to make sure its down for good.

The skin is leathery and after initial resistance is easily punctured. The jostling also causes the head to fall back and the mouth to fall open. You notice that much like the eyes the tongue is missing. It is your expert opinion that this person has been dead for at least a week or more.

I want to pick the pockets of everyone!

Geth roll 1d20+5 for Picking Pockets!

Picking Pockets!:
    1d20+5 6 [1d20=1]

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    ::Hisses at Skeletal Umber Hulk and poofs up in challenge::

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    Gizzy wrote: »
    ::Runs into the cave and pounces on a rat!::

Your prey scampers into the darkness, clearly intimidated by your prowess. The one you call "Caretaker" makes some of their normal ramblings and noises as you surge forward like the mighty huntress. You chase the rats through the right passageway and veer left at a 'Y'. You corner the rats and they cower before you.

I want to pick the pockets of everyone! (6) for Picking Pockets!

You take the opportunity to pick Brody's pockets as he examines the corpse. Perhaps its the bad lighting, or the unsettling proximity of the corpse, but to put it lightly you are off your game. What should be a rather routine lift from a mark ends up being more of a gingerly caress of the left cheek.

Brody, you notice the thief caressing your left butt cheek.

> Search the dead guy for goodies

Steam profile