As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    ::Hisses at Skeletal Umber Hulk and poofs up in challenge::

Your name is Gizzy. Skeletal Umbra Hulk is your slave name.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    This game is going to take forever

Like by the time day 2 starts I am going to completely forget what happened in day 1

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I reach back and gently caress Lucifer's cheek(facial).

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    I reach back and gently caress Lucifer's cheek(facial).

We would have also accepted "I turn the other cheek".

• Options
    kime wrote: »
    > Search the dead guy for goodies

You find you way out of the darkness reaching the glow still radiating from the summoned elemental. You notice an awkward yet tender moment happening between two of your companions. But take the opportunity to roll the corpse for good measure. You find a crude dagger and a small purse of coin containing 20cp and 5sp.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    So - split this up? I'll lead the underground river team and we let GG and Brody go do their thing in the right passage?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    ::Eyes wide as saucers, crouches down and wiggles butt in anticipation. Claws extended she leaps at the cornered rat::

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    ::Eyes wide as saucers, crouches down and wiggles butt in anticipation. Claws extended she leaps at the cornered rat::

The rat deftly dodges your attack. He introduces himself as "Brutus, Of the House of Greystone. Keeper of the Silver Fleece" the other rats scurry into nooks and crannies.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »

You find you way out of the darkness reaching the glow still radiating from the summoned elemental. You notice an awkward yet tender moment happening between two of your companions. But take the opportunity to roll the corpse for good measure. You find a crude dagger and a small purse of coin containing 20cp and 5sp.

> Take his clothes. You never know when you'll need starting-to-rot clothes!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options

While further desecrating the corpse you notice multiple ragged stab wounds in their abdomen.

• Options

While further desecrating the corpse you notice multiple ragged stab wounds in their abdomen.

> Desecrate the corpse further.

Steam profile
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    ... I distance myself from whatever is going on back there and proceed towards the sound of water.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Okay, apparently Skeletal Umber Hulk is head of our vermin diplomacy team, kime is heading up our looting team, I'll join the exploration team with the Fire Elemental.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

I am going to need a Perform(Ventriloquism) check.

• Options
    > I grab the dead dude's head and hurry along to follow Auralynx

Steam profile
  • Options

I am going to need a Perform(Ventriloquism) check.

Geth roll 1d20-5 for Ventriloquism

I'm a bad Ventriloquist

Ventriloquism:
    1d20-5 1 [1d20=6]

Steam profile
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    A natural one and an unnatural one. Geth clearly has it in for the adventurers.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    A natural one and an unnatural one. Geth clearly has it in for the adventurers.

To be fair, we only have any narrative evidence that 38th and I are portraying adventurers. Gizzy's a henchman, and it is as yet unclear whether kime, GG, and Brody are anything more than village idiots we hired to carry our bags.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    The bridge chamber is close to the size as the one you just left, connected by a narrow corridor. Even with the light of the elemental one can't see much below the stone outcropping that serves as a bridge. If anything, only the faint glints of reflected light from dark and deep below. About 10 meters below, a waterfall pours into this chamber falling into the abyss as well. The wind and sound in this chamber are quite intense. At the other side of the bridge is a similar cave to what you just exited. A faint light can be seen reflecting from down the hall on the other side.

Above you the cave domes off and sparkles like the inside of a geode.

• Options
    If the water can be safely reached, fill a flask with some of it. Then follow the fire elemental towards the cave entrance.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Okay, apparently Skeletal Umber Hulk is head of our vermin diplomacy team, kime is heading up our looting team, I'll join the exploration team with the Fire Elemental.

There are always openings over here in HR.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    If the water can be safely reached, fill a flask with some of it. Then follow the fire elemental towards the cave entrance.

With the use of a simple cantrip you are able to fill a vial of the fresh water. Upon initial analysis you don't sense any arcane properties.

The passageway on the otherside of the bridge is significantly wider than the one the group had to squeeze through to reach the bridge chamber. This leading to the sound and wind still being rather oppressive even once you've progressed decently through the new passage. You notice the fire elemental cross what appears to be a twine trip-wire about two feet from the ground. The twine quickly smolders and snaps. What follows is a cascading cacophony of sounds echoing down the hallways a rattle of rocks and bones and metal chimes that someone even transcends the white noise from the waterfall.

• Options
    Startled out of the passionate moment with Lucifer, I swing out at nothing with my <10' pole.

• Options
    ::Gizzy yowls as Mr. Brutus escapes her claws. The rat's abnormal vocal sounds do not deter her from her hunt. She is one to attack even her masters feet or fingers if they move too fast along the ground beside her, no amount of intelligence displayed by Brutus could stop her attack::

• Options
    edited October 2016
    ::Gizzy yowls as Mr. Brutus escapes her claws. The rat's abnormal vocal sounds do not deter her from her hunt. She is one to attack even her masters feet or fingers if they move too fast along the ground beside her, no amount of intelligence displayed by Brutus could stop her attack::

vfywjwif4cyu.jpg

Brutus counter attacks. Swiping his teeth and claws with an almost unnatural speed. What kind of plot has been uncovered in this rodent filled heart of darkness.

Geth roll 1d20+2 Rat Attack

Rat Attack:
    1d20+2 6 [1d20=4]

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Geth roll 1d20+2 Cat Attack

(I don't know what I'm doing!)

Cat Attack:
    1d20+2 6 [1d20=4]

Gizzy on
  • Options

With the use of a simple cantrip you are able to fill a vial of the fresh water. Upon initial analysis you don't sense any arcane properties.

The passageway on the otherside of the bridge is significantly wider than the one the group had to squeeze through to reach the bridge chamber. This leading to the sound and wind still being rather oppressive even once you've progressed decently through the new passage. You notice the fire elemental cross what appears to be a twine trip-wire about two feet from the ground. The twine quickly smolders and snaps. What follows is a cascading cacophony of sounds echoing down the hallways a rattle of rocks and bones and metal chimes that someone even transcends the white noise from the waterfall.

Is the sound coming from in front of or behind?

Steam profile
  • Options
    ITT: Geth lets nobody roll above a 6.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    A game of cat and mouse proceeds like dueling Samurai. Trading strikes while neither foe able to penetrate the others defenses.
    Is the sound coming from in front of or behind?

The sound is seems to start close to you, and trails off deeper into the passageway. This passage way appears to be at least 30-yards long while having a slight dog-leg right where you cannot see past a certain point, although there is now a defined reflection of a lightsource glinting against the left-hand cave wall. The lightsource is blocked momentarily, then begins to shine again.

• Options
    I advance cautiously to where I can see around the dogleg.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    The fire elemental and I take positions to be able to launch an assault on anything attacking Auralynx.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

> I rush ahead with the dead dude's skull held out in front of me

Steam profile
  • Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

> I rush ahead with the dead dude's skull held out in front of me

You Rush ahead. Past the dog-leg in the cave the floor becomes incredibly slippery. Make a Reflex Save.

The cave is wide enough for 2 people astride. Kime rushes past out of view around the corner, his new mascot prominently displayed. Auralynx, 38th and the Fire Elemental are all against the outside wall as Kime takes the inside to get past.

Kime's body blocks the light again coming from the end of the cave, the shadows dance wildly.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    The Dice Wizard consumes kime's luck once more.
    Geth roll 1d20

1d20 16 [1d20=16]

• Options
    ... I advance to a point where I can watch Kime run headlong to his death.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options

(I don't know what I'm doing!)

(You're doing exactly what you're supposed to be doing! Roll another attack and kill this RAT BASTARD!)

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Geth roll 1d20

Can I take that roll instead of whatever I get? :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    ::Gizzy poofs up all of her glorious long fur to appear like a BIG CAT, hisses and lunges forward again::

Cat Attack:
    1d20+2 21 [1d20=19]

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Geth roll 1d20

Can I take that roll instead of whatever I get? :P

No. This is my roll now.