As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    Yep, got a strange dream that says that the narrations can't be trusted.

so....those weren't seagulls then?

Nope. Those are doves.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Yep, got a strange dream that says that the narrations can't be trusted.

so....those weren't seagulls then?

Nope. Those are doves.

knew it

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    @corvidae Did your strange dream say the same thing?

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Did only one person die last night?

• corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    @corvidae Did your strange dream say the same thing?

No. It was a bunch of letters, numbers, and punctuation that made perfect rational sense. It might even seem to a totally legible and understandable message.

corvidae on
    So... any speculation why Cythraul died?
    I expected the mafia to kill GG.

Also also, did anyone's power not work, for those who used those last night?
    Mine appears to have.
    Would be nice to know if GG's insane people exist, assuming of course that role blocks don't complicate things.

@Cythraul Are you alive

edited October 2016
    Cythraul seems like a remarkably poor mafia target.
    Little posting yesterday and voted for the RNGer.
    Thing of most substance was encouraging us to all hop on someone to kill them at the end of the day. Otherwise not much to attract attention to him.

Ooooh. Maybe busdriven to death?

discrider on
    edited October 2016
    <edit> for reasons.

corvidae on
    <edit> for reasons.

???
    Did you try to quote me?
    I got a notification from this.

edited October 2016
    i might have done some drunk phalla things.
    and then immediately re-thought them.

corvidae on
    I found someone who was sane last night, so far it seems that I'm not insane.

And I'm kinda shocked I didn't die last night either. Or that we only had one kill.

edited October 2016

And I'm kinda shocked I didn't die last night either. Or that we only had one kill.

Well.. the dream you got sounds like a mafia message.

The possibilities I see are:
    1. Mafia/other sent it.
    2. You made it up for some reason (possibly because you are a mafia).
    3. The host is screwing with us.
    4. The village sent you a message based on role information and a role ability.
    5. The village sent you the message to screw with you.

I don't like option 4 or 5.
    4 assumes either someone got a role with a dream ability thing and inside information, or that two villagers somehow got together during the past day (and corvidae has already claimed Lover).
    5 seems like a waste of village dream power.

3 seems rather off.

So I think it's either your fabrication or the mafia's.
    Cythraul randomly dying seems to support more the mafia's as either them disregarding you to get the message out or them targetting you with the kill and then you instead getting a busdriven message seems plausibleish.

But this is all wild speculation at this point :(

discrider on
    discrider wrote: »

1. Mafia/other sent it.

4 assumes either someone got a role with a dream ability thing and inside information, or that two villagers somehow got together during the past day (and corvidae has already claimed Lover).

3 seems rather off.

Cythraul randomly dying seems to support more the mafia's as either them disregarding you to get the message out or them targetting you with the kill and then you instead getting a busdriven message seems plausibleish.

Yeah, it could be that because I was Lucifer last game and was fucking with the village that the mafia wants to make me fuck with you guys again. Honestly, until we get more info, I say we put a pin in it for now.

1. Mafia/other sent it.

3 seems rather off.

Yeah, it could be that because I was Lucifer last game and was fucking with the village that the mafia wants to make me fuck with you guys again. Honestly, until we get more info, I say we put a pin in it for now.

There's also the matter of what in the narration could be unreliable that we care about.

Basically, in two days, we should at least be able to get a role call of all the people still alive.

The only caveat would be Cythraul, who could pretend to stay dead until the vote close.

But other than that, what else happened in narration last night that wasn't fluff? Why should we care that the seagulls are doves?

1. Mafia/other sent it.

3 seems rather off.

There's also the matter of what in the narration could be unreliable that we care about.

Basically, in two days, we should at least be able to get a role call of all the people still alive.

The only caveat would be Cythraul, who could pretend to stay dead until the vote close.

But other than that, what else happened in narration last night that wasn't fluff? Why should we care that the seagulls are doves?

I was joking about the doves.

1. Mafia/other sent it.

3 seems rather off.

I was joking about the doves.

Yep, but aside Cythraul's death, what wasn't fluff?
    Only thing that could matter are exclusions from the narration.

The fact that he "Explored"? What if Werewolves are the mafia, like someone was talking about a while back? Then guts everywhere could be claws, not bombs?

Eh.
    It says he died the same way as the mayor.
    " scene eerily similar to the mayor's bathroom lay before me"

Sometimes games open with a mafia kill on the host, so this reads like another mafia kill.

And if it's not the mafia kill that we see here, then where did the mafia kill go?

The simplest answer is that this is the mafia kill.
    The more complex answer is that the mafia kill was blocked/guarded, and another village aligned kill, or at least village guided kill, killed Cythraul (Because I still don't see why scum would choose to target Cythraul).

To me it sounds like he gets a notification when a specific maf role dies.
    Which could mean there's one verification role for each maf.

Not true. I know this from my own power.

Hey GG, what did you mean from this post?
    How do you know there aren't roles that verify that a mafia has died by getting a message from the host when the mafia dies?

As for werewolves, the only reason we were discussing werewolves was because Chamberlain said he'd know one when he saw one from the Dresden files discussion.
    Before he revealed as a dead seer.
    In the OP, the bad guys are witches though: "The Witch Coven’s nightly Murder vote"

Eh.

Sometimes games open with a mafia kill on the host, so this reads like another mafia kill.

And if it's not the mafia kill that we see here, then where did the mafia kill go?

The more complex answer is that the mafia kill was blocked/guarded, and another village aligned kill, or at least village guided kill, killed Cythraul (Because I still don't see why scum would choose to target Cythraul).

The problem with the complex answer is that the person who killed Cythraul and the Messager who told me that the narrations were false would have to be the same guy but know that the kill was going to be busdriven. Or the Messager would have to be the busdriver who knew that Cythraul was going to be killed. So it has to be something else in the narrations that the messager knew was going to be false from the beginning.

Or, a simple answer, an insane messager whose message isn't coming through.

Eh.

The problem with the complex answer is that the person who killed Cythraul and the Messager who told me that the narrations were false would have to be the same guy but know that the kill was going to be busdriven. Or the Messager would have to be the busdriver who knew that Cythraul was going to be killed. So it has to be something else in the narrations that the messager knew was going to be false from the beginning.

This was just looking at the content of the message rather than the sender.

If the message is correct then the narration is inaccurate in some way.
    Which would mean that either something's not shown or that Cythraul's death is inaccurate.
    If Cythraul's cause of death is inaccurate then that means the mafia kill must be somewhere else, so either blocked or not shown in narration.

The messenger wouldn't necessarily need to know what is inaccurate before sending the message.
    Just that his role or info says so.
    Unless you're suggesting that the dream came after the narration and so the dream could be in response to the narration?

So in the complex scenario you have:
    A messenger
    Another kill
    Something stopping the reporting of a mafia kill (maybe the host)
    Possibly someone dead to a mafia kill unreported in narration
    A busdriver that got Cythraul killed because we assume no vigs in this game, and it only seems like the village would want to kill Cythraul.

TL:DR
    Complex situation sucks.
    Cythraul probably got killed by the busdriven mafia kill.

Or, a simple answer, an insane messager whose message isn't coming through.

Yeah I guess.
    But that's the host messing with you.

How do you know there aren't roles that verify that a mafia has died by getting a message from the host when the mafia dies?

As for werewolves, the only reason we were discussing werewolves was because Chamberlain said he'd know one when he saw one from the Dresden files discussion.
    In the OP, the bad guys are witches though: "The Witch Coven’s nightly Murder vote"

I misread that. I thought that someone knew what each mafia role was, except that with insane and sane players in both village and mafia, there are people who wouldn't have real roles.

But I'm starting to rethink that. If we assume that the message I got last night was from an insane messager, then people have powers, but the insane ones won't have powers work the way they think.

I misread that. I thought that someone knew what each mafia role was, except that with insane and sane players in both village and mafia, there are people who wouldn't have real roles.

But I'm starting to rethink that. If we assume that the message I got last night was from an insane messager, then people have powers, but the insane ones won't have powers work the way they think.

Honestly, I think the dead seers are prime candidates for being insane.
    They may just not get a message ever, even if a mafia dies, and would not be able to prove that their power hasn't fired.

Honestly, I think the dead seers are prime candidates for being insane.
    They may just not get a message ever, even if a mafia dies, and would not be able to prove that their power hasn't fired.

Yeah, which is were I come in to see if they are or aren't. But the problem is that the dead seers would have to be open, so they are pretty much one time use.

we got some days to figure this out. i'll let the more rational folks figure it out...

discrider
    gruntsghosts

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Bad news no one...
    It looks like Chamberlain is insane.
    Also a possibility that I'm insane I guess.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Insane in the membrane?

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Bad news no one...
    It looks like Chamberlain is insane.
    Also a possibility that I'm insane I guess.

Or Chamberlain was hit with a busdrive to Cythraul.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Not sure about that.
    The results didn't say your target is insane, they said chamberlain is insane.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Mmmm.
    Chamberlain being busdriven to Cythraul and GG getting maf dreams was my working theory.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Chamberlain has the amulet though, that's the one target in the game the mafia can't kill. Why would the mafia, knowing that, shoot at him anyway?

premium wrote: »
    Chamberlain has the amulet though, that's the one target in the game the mafia can't kill. Why would the mafia, knowing that, shoot at him anyway?

To get rid of it?

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »

To get rid of it?

Exactly. The Amulet is a one time thing. Best for the Mafia to get rid of it early.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I received no message that the amulet was destroyed so I do not think that I was targeted by the mafia.

Based on my power I assume that the werewolf is the SK, not the mafia. It specifically said 'the' werewolf, not 'a'. I know that neither of the dead were the SK (the werewolf). What I am hoping is that others have the same kind of directed death seering so we will at least know what is a person is not when they die.

Not sure if this is worth keeping the amulet on me, though, and I am willing to hand it off.

Because I guess that I am crazy, though that would me news to me. :)

chamberlain on
    Well if there is an SK, then who is the second body?
    Or if the death results are reliable, was there a successful kill block?