As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Legion: I have sacrificed everything...

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Question for the Herbism crowd.

When you get your StarLight Rose, what stacks sell better?

Like on my server, I see that the 200 Stack is going for like 32k, but I can't believe someone would drop that much on it.

160 per rose isn't outrageous. They are generally used in stacks of 3-7; but people don't tend to buy just enough for 1-2 potions/flasks. I could be projecting on that slightly.

I'm more frustrated by the douchenozzles selling 111 1-stacks to try to wall off the default AH interface; because the default UI is a steaming piece of dog crap.

It is such a monster pain in the ass trying to use the auction house without an addon.

There's a change coming in that lets you sort by price per item, but I don't think that's going to help much when the hundreds of single item auctions are all the lowest >< Here's hoping the changes coming go a step further and group items together that are the same prices.

I think sorting by price per item will solve most of the issues; maybe not 100% of them, but 'walling' with single stack auctions will lose a lot of its power to manipulate the market if those items also have to be the cheapest buyout per unit

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    There's precisely one legendary that has a good proc for vengeance, and the rest are kind of bunk

(I thought it was two, until I noticed that the DR on immolation aura only reduced magic damage instead of all damage

I think you're underestimating the soul cleave sigil one. It only reduces the CD of sigils that are actually on cooldown, which means if you only use sigil of silence you can get it to some truly absurdly low cooldowns.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    @belligerent

I will add your Battle.net account when I get a chance at home. Working now, but I'd be interested in joining a Team PA Emerald Nightmare raid. My guild is in the "getting other people geared up" stages, and I'm all set to go but don't want to just deal with a bunch of randos on my server while we wait for them to catch up on gear level.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    FML. Just got my 26th point in my artifact, and the next one is 182k AP.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    just stay behind in points and they become way less intimidating. I am still only at 23 points. I don't even have a second gold dragon yet

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    First Legendary dropped, that piece of shit neck with the shield and useless stats for my Ret paladin. Womp womp!

I believe the million 1 item stacks is people fucking up using Auctionator.

Think of it this way, You'll never need to get another neck enchant. That'll save you gold/mats for the rest of Legion.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Weird this has come up, i was flying into ironforge on my hunter last night, and as the taxi mount flew in over the big statue i thought "holy crap, i was flying this character in here just like this over 10 years ago! " will i put up a post like this in 10 more years? My money is on probably yes.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Huh, that was a thing. I had no idea the portals in the Nightmare Dragons fight in EN were actually active and went somewhere. Accidentally bumped into the Duskwood one when moving away from someone due to the exploding plague debuff on me, went through, and died there.

Apparently it's for the achievement?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Huh, that was a thing. I had no idea the portals in the Nightmare Dragons fight in EN were actually active and went somewhere. Accidentally bumped into the Duskwood one when moving away from someone due to the exploding plague debuff on me, went through, and died there.

Apparently it's for the achievement?

Yeah, everyone has to go through each and run into a wisp thing floating around for the achievement.

It's all the zones where the Dragons hung out in vanilla I believe.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Holy shit karazhan looks baller as hell

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Holy shit karazhan looks baller as hell

The fight in the library area looks incredible
    You get shrunk down super small when you enter the library, and the boss is a big ol' Mana Wyrm that messes you up. While you're fighting, there's a huge loot chest that you can't open because you are tiny. After killing the boss, you go back to normal size, open the chest, and then fight the trash in the area. The trash are all exactly the same Mana Wyrms as the boss you just killed, except now you are big again and they're just trash.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    So finally got my second golden trait in Outlaw and decided enough rng is enough. Trying out sub but it's rough going. Assassination would be a lot more comfortable but i know at higher level it will be undertuned so....

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Killed Ursoc to tonight and he dropped a rank 3 recipe for the Heavy hide enchant.

I had the rank 2 in my bank that i got from a random mob that had a dreamweavers exalted requirement.

This rank 3 recipe had no such requirement and let me learn it skipping me from rank 1 heavy hide to rank 3.

What was the freaking point of the rep requirement on rank 2.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Either there are multiple ways to unlock things. What I actually think is as soon as you purchased rank 2 it "unlocked" your ability to gain rank 3.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    So finally got my second golden trait in Outlaw and decided enough rng is enough. Trying out sub but it's rough going. Assassination would be a lot more comfortable but i know at higher level it will be undertuned so....

Isn't Assasination the highest parsing DPS spec now?

EDIT: Found a link to the lastest chart on Reddit.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Ok, so what are the requirements going to be for Karazhan? Just an ilvl limit? Based on LFR being 825/835; I'm assuming it will be in the 850 range(?)

• Options
    They said slightly more thannormal mythic so 845-850 would be a safe bet

• Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    MMOChamp has Karazhan rewards being 855 gear, aside from a final boss who drops 860.

Most content tends to assume you will be 15 item levels under it for tuning. Lfr(835) -> Normal(850) -> Heroic (865) is the progression of raids for instance. A good bet for a solid challenge from Karazhan will be to try it with 840 gear.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    I'm just trying to make sure I'll actually be able to run Kara when it drops. As opposed to LFR and Heroics/Mythics, where I didn't have the gear level until about 3 days ago.

• Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I'm just trying to make sure I'll actually be able to run Kara when it drops. As opposed to LFR and Heroics/Mythics, where I didn't have the gear level until about 3 days ago.

You will need at least 860 gear to get in via the group finder if you are dps. If you are a healer or tank then you can get in with 850. Nobody will let you in if you ilevel 835-845. Starting your own group might work but you will be accused of wanting a carry many times before the slots are filled.

Mc zany on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Mc zany wrote: »

You will need at least 860 gear to get in via the group finder if you are dps. If you are a healer or tank then you can get in with 850. Nobody will let you in if you ilevel 835-845. Starting your own group might work but you will be accused of wanting a carry many times before the slots are filled.

Group finder everyone.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Does it seem to anyone else that the world quest system has pretty much killed any point to doing normal / heroic dungeons? You can get better gear more reliably from the world quests.

I haven't done Mythics yet. Do Mythics drop higher ilvl gear than world quests?

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I still do the daily heroic for the AP item you get for completing it.

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Does it seem to anyone else that the world quest system has pretty much killed any point to doing normal / heroic dungeons? You can get better gear more reliably from the world quests.

They do. Mythic gear starts at 840, and goes up.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »

Supposedly it doesn't scale well with gear/ilvl and sub does.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

The moral of the story: always be a hybrid if you use group finder. Role > iLevel >= Class > Achievements > all else.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    did the last 3 bosses of NE (Eye, cenarius, xavius) in a 10 man, 2tank 3 healer mixed PuG group. It took a little more than 2 hrs but we made it. Its nice to see that we made significant progress on each boss once everyone got the mechanics down. Had trouble on Xavius though but once they brought in a DH for Xavius, it made all the difference. I had a lot of fun as a destro lock with Havoc

Now I can finally complete the damn Nightfallen storyline thats sitting in my quest log.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

The moral of the story: always be a hybrid if you use group finder. Role > iLevel >= Class > Achievements > all else.

This is what I'm worried about with my mage alt. I don't wanna be dps all the time, but I also want to set things on fire.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Oh, wow, just saw something that I've never seen before in Legion.

Guards that'll actually attack people who are ganking. (The guards at the base of Thunder Totem.)

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    The 'main' hubs of each zone will have guards as normal, but all the satellite flight paths are basically a free for all

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    I think we need a new thread.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    The 'main' hubs of each zone will have guards as normal, but all the satellite flight paths are basically a free for all

I can guarantee you that Lorathil does not. Unless somewhere else is considered the "hub" for Val'Sharaharahalaradingdong. Unless they got hot-fixed in, in the evening it often becomes a free-for-all melee on PvP servers. Don't remember seeing guards in the town with the emissary for Stormheim, either.

Shal'aran at least is a sanctuary, so you don't have to worry about there... until you come out to use the flight path.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Guards that'll actually attack people who are ganking. (The guards at the base of Thunder Totem.)

Yeah the thunder totem guards are the only ones as far as I know. They kinda suck too so I've been killed there by people tanking ten guards at the same time.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

Except that Priest's Mind Control doesn't trigger the guards. So when you land at the flight point....

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    My subscription ends sometime tomorrow, and I think I'll be letting it lapse for a week or more. My initial experience with dungeons left such a bad taste in my mouth that I've not been in the mood to do them at all. Every time someone in Discord chat asks if anyone wants to do some mythics, I'm never in the mood. I haven't even tried LFR yet.

So I'm of the opinion that I just need a break. Maybe it'll revitalize my interest in doing dungeons again. It's weird how people being jerks is even more grating than it used to be for me.

• Options

Except that Priest's Mind Control doesn't trigger the guards. So when you land at the flight point....

MC breaks due to distance and I cast Levitate? 8-)

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    My subscription ends sometime tomorrow, and I think I'll be letting it lapse for a week or more. My initial experience with dungeons left such a bad taste in my mouth that I've not been in the mood to do them at all. Every time someone in Discord chat asks if anyone wants to do some mythics, I'm never in the mood. I haven't even tried LFR yet.

So I'm of the opinion that I just need a break. Maybe it'll revitalize my interest in doing dungeons again. It's weird how people being jerks is even more grating than it used to be for me.

I'm going to assume that Kara will be available when you come back. If that's the case, ask here or in Discord before attempting to pug it.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »

You can find this at any time by going to the Warcraft Logs statistics page, so you know. The Mythic parses are amusing, because Shadow Priests are crazy high right now because of their silly Surrender to Madness burst on all the single target burst fights. Also because StM is broken on Xavius, so they're a full 80k on average ahead of the second place, and over 160k ahead of third.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Yeah the thunder totem guards are the only ones as far as I know. They kinda suck too so I've been killed there by people tanking ten guards at the same time.

Yeah, I do the "Defend Thunder Totem" WQ as a Prot pala and, well, Shield+Consecrate happens and then there's like 6-10 of the things on me. Doesn't matter.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

Normals and Heroics are training for Mythic now, that's about it. You get completely equivalent gear WQ'ing. I have almost all epic pieces, 840+, from WQ'ing. I only have a couple of <840 pieces left, and only two blues.

In other news, I finally got my Water Strider....and never have go back to MoP ever again.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
This discussion has been closed.