As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Maybe what can't be trusted in narration applies to a future day. Perhaps the sender has knowledge of a Mafia ability to alter narration.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Maybe what can't be trusted in narration applies to a future day. Perhaps the sender has knowledge of a Mafia ability to alter narration.

I had a really cool theory, but then I remembered there are no private conversations in this game. That keeps messing up all my ideas...

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I mean, if we only had a wheelbarrow, that would be something.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I was also made someone's puppet last night. No effect other than when that person dies, I die.

So thanks for that.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Well.. we could rule that out by squashing all our orders up really close towards daybreak tomorrow night and see if it slows the narration down any.
    You can't really narrate if you don't know the results yet or perhaps at all.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Well.. we could rule that out by squashing all our orders up really close towards daybreak tomorrow night and see if it slows the narration down any.

I feel like if we succumb to the urge to play this game against Fry it's going to get yet more frustrating.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options

If the narration is supposed to contain hints, that'll just delay results.

Steam profile
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I was also made someone's puppet last night. No effect other than when that person dies, I die.

So thanks for that.

Unless they are insane in which case maybe they'll die if you die.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

So thanks for that.

Unless they are insane in which case maybe they'll die if you die.

We only have GG for this "insane" theory, right?

Steam profile
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    No I think 38thdoe can also tell if people are insane.

GG found a sane person - did not share their identity
    38thdoe saw chamberlain as insane

Gizzy on
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    No I think 38thdoe can also tell if people are insane.

GG found a sane person - did not share their identity
    38thdoe saw chamberlain as insane

Ah, missed that.

Steam profile
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Did only one person die last night?

There's a livelist and a deadlist in the D2 start post.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular

Where we did we put that wheelbarrow the albino had?

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    corvidae wrote: »
    we got some days to figure this out. i'll let the more rational folks figure it out...
    discrider
    gruntsghosts

Please limit yourself to one vote per post, thanks

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    meh.sorry. was drunk.

was intended as a declaration of shady-ness.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »

Where we did we put that wheelbarrow the albino had?

Over the albino I think.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »

So that's a Clarification Denied? Ok.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Maybe like everyone is insane.
    38thdoe would be the only sane person, but his power is useless because everyone just comes up insane.

• Options

Maybe I didn't understand your question. The dead list shows one person died day one, and one person died night one. Does that not answer the question "did only one person die last night?"

• Options
    premium wrote: »
    Maybe like everyone is insane.
    38thdoe would be the only sane person, but his power is useless because everyone just comes up insane.

Well someone got a kill off last night, and while not outside the realm of possibility, the description doesn't sound like something a vigilante would be doing. I think mafia is the safest bet, narration is misleading messages (if that's a believable un-insane thing) aside.

So either there is no vig, there is an even vig, the vig erred on the side of hold their fire for whatever reason, the vig hit a guarded target or something.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    I have to Withdrow. Dead uncle no time to follow now.

• Options
    Given how adamant Fry was against Vig's in previous game/games, I'd lean more toward the Vig having less power. So, something like even Vig.

It should either be that or hit a guarded target.

For all the discussion on the first day about not taking shots if you aren't sure, I have a really hard time believing that the Vig wouldn't fire on Day 1 if they could.

• Options
    Preda wrote: »
    I have to Withdrow. Dead uncle no time to follow now.

Sorry for your loss. Thank you for playing.

I will solicit possible replacements for this slot; if I don't find one, it will die to inactivus in a couple days.

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    to rectify last nights drunken mistake.
    grunts ghosts

• Options

Maybe I didn't understand your question. The dead list shows one person died day one, and one person died night one. Does that not answer the question "did only one person die last night?"

There has been a claim that the narration is unreliable.
    So either one person died or we have to do role call to make sure no-one else died.

• Options

So either one person died or we have to do role call to make sure no-one else died.

The second sentence doesn't directly follow from the first, of course.

Steam profile
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I'm finding it hard to care about analyzing or finding mafia when we don't even know if we found a mafia or not. I mean I could look into posts and accuse someone and push a wagon and watch how people respond and try and glean results from how people vote during the planned chaos

but its not going to give us any information because once the dust settles we'll just have some dead people with no idea of how wrong or right anyone was

The lack of death results really makes discussion and analysis seem ... pointless? Like it just feels like we are back at Day 1. Shot in the dark time!

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Bad news no one...
    It looks like Chamberlain is insane.
    Also a possibility that I'm insane I guess.

That is weird because I got Sane from him last night.

• Options
    kime wrote: »

The other options being: Cythraul is alive, the narration is unreliable in ways we don't care about or the information is false.

People who have posted and so are alive:
    Grunt's Ghosts
    discrider
    corvidae
    Raiden333
    Brody
    MagicPrime
    Gizzy
    kime
    38thdoe
    Auralynx
    ObiFett
    AustinP0027
    premium
    chamberlain

People who should post:
    @MamaWolf
    @Green
    @JPants
    @WACriminal
    @Moridin889
    @JusticeforPluto

• Options
    edited October 2016
    kime wrote: »

The other options being: Cythraul is alive, the narration is unreliable in ways we don't care about or the information is false.

[Deleted the big list of people]

Also possible that a future narration could be unreliable in some way.

Regardless, assuming everyone checks in, then we don't have to care about this tidbit of information until there's something from the narration we care about.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I'm alive and saw discriders signal. Doing home renovations today so I won't be catching up with the thread for many hours still. Hooray for 48 hour days!!

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm finding it hard to care about analyzing or finding mafia when we don't even know if we found a mafia or not. I mean I could look into posts and accuse someone and push a wagon and watch how people respond and try and glean results from how people vote during the planned chaos

but its not going to give us any information because once the dust settles we'll just have some dead people with no idea of how wrong or right anyone was

The lack of death results really makes discussion and analysis seem ... pointless? Like it just feels like we are back at Day 1. Shot in the dark time!

We can like... read over peoples posts and try and guess based on their behaviour, etc.
    It's not a whole lot but that's usually what the first 2-3 days or so of a normal phalla are like anyway, unless we get lucky and hit a mafia

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

We can like... read over peoples posts and try and guess based on their behaviour, etc.
    It's not a whole lot but that's usually what the first 2-3 days or so of a normal phalla are like anyway, unless we get lucky and hit a mafia

Yes, this is a thing we can do

But we won't know if we are right or not which, for a reason I can't put a finger on right now, makes it feel pointless

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Yes, this is a thing we can do

But we won't know if we are right or not which, for a reason I can't put a finger on right now, makes it feel pointless

The important thing, I think, is that we keep talking so the hodgepodge of abilities we have can try to sort itself into something useful based on what little we do find out.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Oh. Here's a thought.
    If a villager sent the dream to GG saying that the narration is unreliable, why wouldn't they just say so publicly in thread yesterday at some point? Or today when we're debating it?

So I think that pretty well narrows GG's dream down to mafia construction or host/insane person message.

• Options
    edited October 2016

I'm not going to hide the fact that a player is dead when there's an easily verifiable method of proving that's not the case (wait for everyone to post). That's a giant waste of everyone's time.

In case you're still unclear, yes only one person died last night

Fry on
  • Options
    Preda has been replaced by Burnage, effective immediately

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Hello!

• Options
    Or has he? Maybe the host is insane and Burnage isn't really in the game!

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Hello!

Hi Burnage!

If you were running this game what would you have done?

kshu0oba7xnr.png