As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Love] is a Battlefield

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »
    Oh great and now a message from an ex. Apparently this is just my week for being hounded by Spanish-speaking men I have no desire to talk to.

At least your ex acknowledges your existence?

Or would you prefer the sweet embrace of denial?

In this particular case - actually in almost all cases - I wluld prefer my exes never spoke to, looked at, or wrote to me again.

Mandatory Eternal Sunshining for all exes.

Oh no.
    They should remember me forever.

Oh, okay. In that case you need a voidfish. Feed it just your contact information. That way they'll remember you but if they ever think of trying to contact you, your info will come up as just static.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Oh great and now a message from an ex. Apparently this is just my week for being hounded by Spanish-speaking men I have no desire to talk to.

At least your ex acknowledges your existence?

Or would you prefer the sweet embrace of denial?

In this particular case - actually in almost all cases - I wluld prefer my exes never spoke to, looked at, or wrote to me again.

Edit: I mean one of the (several) reasons this person is definitively an ex is that at one point he started ignoring me completely so, you know. Fuck off.

Tell them you are getting a new phone and give them my number. I will provide them with all the pictures of my naked butthole they could ever desire, and probably even a few they don't.

• AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    4th date tonight. When do you stop calling it a date? I think there's going to be cheesecake and John Wick. I've bought chocolate just in case there's no cheesecake.

Angelina wrote: »
    4th date tonight. When do you stop calling it a date? I think there's going to be cheesecake and John Wick. I've bought chocolate just in case there's no cheesecake.

Also in case there is cheesecake, but not enough chocolate.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    4th date tonight. When do you stop calling it a date?

never

dates are great they're always dates

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

I have no idea. I dunno if anything in particular my girl and I have done together could be considered a classical "Date".

Although maybe all of it is?

Now I am in deep thought!

Uriel wrote: »

I have no idea. I dunno if anything in particular my girl and I have done together could be considered a classical "Date".

Although maybe all of it is?

Now I am in deep thought!

A date can be literally anything, if you want it to be. As long as you're doing something together, it can count.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• KarlKarl Registered User regular

John Wick is really really good

The start of the film is very sad though

I still gotta look for someplace to get a cute couple pairs of socks with birds on em as part of a joke we had made.

Hard part of buying your girlfriend socks as a gift without giving it away? Asking about what size socks she wears!

there are sock sizes??

I thought there was!?

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Correct response:

New phone, who dis?

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    that exchange really made me happy for some reason

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    My girlfriend's baking me a cake for my birthday :D

She's so niiiice

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    there are sock sizes??

Well, considering how much the size of feet can vary, yeah. Socks for a size 7 foot sure as hell aren't gonna fit a size 14 and vice-versa.

They follow a "small", "medium", "large" format though.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Y'all ever get that thing when you just kind of want to casually browse Tinder, maybe feel a brief sense of validation due to a match

And then people start messaging you and you're like

"Okay yes this is nice and theoretically what I'm here for everything but man I just wanted to make some catty decisions about other people"

Straightzi wrote: »
    Y'all ever get that thing when you just kind of want to casually browse Tinder, maybe feel a brief sense of validation due to a match

Nope!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

And then people start messaging you and you're like

"Okay yes this is nice and theoretically what I'm here for everything but man I just wanted to make some catty decisions about other people"

I used to go to book stores with my best friend and do something kind of similar. He's got a masters in writing and will eventually be a novelist whenever he admits he's done with his book.

We'd be mean about ridiculous fantasy and literature set-ups based on the backs of books and browsing passages, but then sometimes one of us would eventually run across a good book and that was vaguely disappointing.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• ShenShen Registered User regular

When you lose count I think! Or actually I guess never, but it stops feeling like a whole thing.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    I still gotta look for someplace to get a cute couple pairs of socks with birds on em as part of a joke we had made.

Hard part of buying your girlfriend socks as a gift without giving it away? Asking about what size socks she wears!

@Uriel

https://sockdrawer.com/collections/colorful-bird-socks

For sock sizes, it's basically just men's and women.

• AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular

He told me last week that he'd never seen it. I don't think my face hid my shock and disappointment.

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular

He told me last week that he'd never seen it. I don't think my face hid my shock and disappointment.

I haven't seen it either since a dog dies in it, apparently.

pet death in horror movies absolutely enrages me. it's so lazy and stupid and cheap

I have no idea what john wick even is tho

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

As long as its a planned event or it requires going somewhere, its a date! I dont personally count staying in, but some people might.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    pet death in horror movies absolutely enrages me. it's so lazy and stupid and cheap

I have no idea what john wick even is tho

It's a cool guy action movie.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Shen wrote: »

When you lose count I think! Or actually I guess never, but it stops feeling like a whole thing.

My girlfriend and I stopped counting dates when we started making plans for multiple days in advance (Saturday this restaurant, Monday movie and ice cream, etc)

I think we stopped after our first pizza and Netflix night, and have subsequently gone back to the restaurant we had our first date at which felt like we'd moved past always having to go someplace new.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    Never stop counting dates. End each and every one with a "tick mark" tattoo so you don't lose track.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    John Wick is a movie about dealing with loss and grief by shooting like a hundred dudes

I think you might be low balling how many dudes get shot.

tinder is rarely an exercise in validation, more desperation for me

i get matches and dates from it which has been good but when you swipe right 250 times and get 1-2 matches it is not very confidence inducing

but i've had a few successes so it's okay!

poo
    im so hungryyyy

poo
    edited October 2016
    tinder is rarely an exercise in validation, more desperation for me

i get matches and dates from it which has been good but when you swipe right 250 times and get 1-2 matches it is not very confidence inducing

but i've had a few successes so it's okay!

I think when I had tinder I must have swiped right what must have been like, 4 or 5 hundred times over the course of a few months.

Never got a single match.

So for me it was an exercise in self loathing I guess! :rotate:

Tallahasseeriel on
    I never get matches on Tinder when I actually want to

But if I open it up because I'm bored at work, I'll have someone asking me out on a date in half an hour's time

But if I open it up because I'm bored at work, I'll have someone asking me out on a date in half an hour's time

Well, I hope you don't take this wrong... But you are also one of the most attractive men I've ever seen a picture of? Or at least you're more photogenic than myself.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Tinder just seems like a real horror show.

Same with OKCupid.

And PlentyoFish.

And dating.

What a goddamn hellscape.

ChicoBlue wrote: »

Same with OKCupid.

And PlentyoFish.

And dating.

That's why this year for Halloween I'm going as an okc profile

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Internet dating is dumpster diving

ChicoBlue wrote: »

Same with OKCupid.

And PlentyoFish.

And dating.

That's why this year for Halloween I'm going as an okc profile

Good lord.

You'll win scariest costume everywhere forever.

Well, I hope you don't take this wrong... But you are also one of the most attractive men I've ever seen a picture of? Or at least you're more photogenic than myself.

Ain't no wrong way to take that in my book. Thanks Uriel.

Ain't no wrong way to take that in my book. Thanks Uriel.

I calls em like I sees em!

This discussion has been closed.