As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] is a Battlefield

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Feelings a little lonely tonight, maybe

Which I also kind of feel bad for in a weird way. Like, I had a gf and I broke up with her, do I get to feel lonely? I mean, that doesn't change how I feel, but I'm less comfortable feeling it (in a paradoxical kind of way)

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Also, if someone invites you to an orgy without ever having met you in person or even seen a picture of you, I feel safe saying you can lower your expectations for the other orgyists quite a bit.

This is my actual problem with orgies. I kind of want to vet people I'm going to be that intimate with. But i also kind of hate the "Me and my lovers would like to take you to a get to know you brunch".

I don't wanna find out one of the dudes there is a gun-toting Trump supporter really into interraccial cuckholdin'
    like uhhh, hard paaaaaasssss

NeoToma on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Also, if someone invites you to an orgy without ever having met you in person or even seen a picture of you, I feel safe saying you can lower your expectations for the other orgyists quite a bit.

This is my actual problem with orgies. I kind of want to vet people I'm going to be that intimate with. But i also kind of hate the "Me and my lovers would like to take you to a get to know you brunch".

I don't wanna find out one of the dudes there is a gun-toting Trump supporter really into interraccial cuckholdin'
    like uhhh, hard paaaaaasssss

Man, I didn't even think of that last part

that sounds awkward

also now I'm thinking about the typical assumption of asian women being meek and submissive and oh no oh noooo

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I mean, that's why I'd prefer an orgy to be an event with my friends

Like, let's all get drunk and just, you know, fuck

But that's just friendship with me on a larger scale, I guess, as that's definitely already happened with some of my friends

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Note to self: Straightzi is a lacivious lush.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    This is one of those nights where my social plans fell through and I feel just a little bit relieved

• Options
    Sounds like a good night for drinking in bed imho

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man, I probably will have a drink tonight. That sounds pretty good.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

I'm very open about this fact, I'm surprised it took you this long to pick up on it

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    This is one of those nights where my social plans fell through and I feel just a little bit relieved

Oh man this. I've had nights where I was going out just to be social and so people wouldn't forget who I was. Then it gets cancelled and oh man, its just great. That big sigh of relief and sinking into the couch with a cold beer in hand.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Some peeps were coming over to watch spooky movies and then someone had to back out and it kind of dominoed from there, so instead of having to clean up and entertain I can just have a beer and not give a hell

• Options
    This seems like a neat idea.

I really like this part
    What do you have to say about love that differs from advice reality-TV matchmakers give?
    Our culture is built on selling things, and I think the way that you sell things is to make people feel bad about themselves. It's really hard on us. I don't know how anyone is getting out of bed in the morning. You watch reality TV and all the women have blond hair, their skin is the same color, and their teeth are so white. It gives you this idea that love is for other people. But what I've found through doing this for a while is the people who are the most successful are not the people who are doing anything to make themselves homogeneous. They are clear about who they are and align who they are internally with their visual representation of themselves. If everyone is trying to be someone else, it doesn't feel special. I'd rather be one person's favorite person than everyone's passively fine person.

http://www.vice.com/read/the-feminist-matchmaker-fighting-dating-apps

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

I'm very open about this fact, I'm surprised it took you this long to pick up on it

Actually it took me this long to make a note about it. Up until now your file was simply "Actor; probably complains about lighting frequently, claiming that cool color washes make his skin look too porous"

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    it would be pretty fun if everyone was on drugs i feel like

if i wasn't on drugs i dunno that i would enjoy it

That sounds even worse than regular orgy.

• Options

Actually it took me this long to make a note about it. Up until now your file was simply "Actor; probably complains about lighting frequently, claiming that cool color washes make his skin look too porous"

Haha, I play villains and monster men

There's no lighting in the world that could ruin my onstage appearance

• Options

Haha, I play villains and monster men

There's no lighting in the world that could ruin my onstage appearance

Challenge accepted

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    What is the deal with anything
    Ugh

• Options
    That's my favorite Liz Lemon quote!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    That's my favorite Liz Lemon quote!

Yeah but I keep seeing it attributed to Cathy, who clearly stole it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Chocolate chocolate chocolate! Ack!

• Options
    Maybe I'm too genuine

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Maybe I'm too genuine

No such thing. You can be too forward certainly, but being entirely genuine should be everyone's ideal. Fakeness is not an attractive quality.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    man where are my soft pj pants
    tonight is a hot chocolate and pjs night

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    man where are my soft pj pants
    tonight is a hot chocolate and pjs night

Shit, it so is.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Had a brief chat to someone I'd been seeing about not really wanting anything long term.
    I'm super glad we turned out to be on the same page there because it is fun right now but I definitely don't see it lasting.
    So I feel less like a bad person now which is good.

• Options
    Maybe I'm too genuine

No such thing. You can be too forward certainly, but being entirely genuine should be everyone's ideal. Fakeness is not an attractive quality.

I won't bore y'all with the same sad song, but I'm having a tough time getting things figured out

A close friendship feels very strained, but I'm such a mess I don't even know how to talk about it, and I think it's my fault

And I have the least amount of friends I've ever had. I have my brother, and three bros who are like brothers to me, but all four of them live hours away

And a couple maybe three ish close friends who are female, but all of them feel awkward since my divorce

I was very close with my in-laws
    I feel like I lost a brother and two sisters

And two very close friends who were brothers to me chose my ex wife's side

And in trying to figure new friends out, and I'm struggling

And I don't know how much of it is legit concerns vs how much of it is maybe I should get my family doctor to refer me to a therapist or something

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I went out with a lady I chatted with online for drinks earlier this week and we went back to my place and fooled around and she was uh...kinda super aggressive and escalated things to a degree I was not expecting. Like, I was expecting to bone down but she brought in a bunch of intense shit I wasn't expecting nor super into so I tried to roll with it but it was a little weird.

Then yesterday she sent me a friend request and I accepted to find she is listed as being in a relationship

I asked and she said she just forgot to change it

only she still hasn't changed it today

and the dude who was in her previous profile pictures posted on her feed as soon as last week and is still friends with her

so uh

that's neat

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Run.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Denver, the last dinosaur
    He's my friend and a whole lot more.

• Options
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Denver, the last dinosaur
    He's my friend and a whole lot more.

Dinosaurs with benefits.

• Options
    AKA the AARP

• Options
    Maybe I'm too genuine

I won't bore y'all with the same sad song, but I'm having a tough time getting things figured out

A close friendship feels very strained, but I'm such a mess I don't even know how to talk about it, and I think it's my fault

And I have the least amount of friends I've ever had. I have my brother, and three bros who are like brothers to me, but all four of them live hours away

And a couple maybe three ish close friends who are female, but all of them feel awkward since my divorce

And I don't know how much of it is legit concerns vs how much of it is maybe I should get my family doctor to refer me to a therapist or something

In your position, I would be trying to move.

Come to think of it, my go to solution to everything appears to be "move to another country".

I know your sort of stuck until the divorce is final, but figuring out a new horizon would certainly give you something to work on and look forward to, and it's the kind of thing you can prepare for without drastically impacting your day to day life.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    So the paralegal handling the divorce reached out to me to finalize some documents that I had sent to her like a month or two ago. In the process, she mentioned that she hadn't gotten my ex's side of the information from her yet. I know there are two months left before the court can take up our case, but I'm kind of more than a little upset about that. She hasn't shown one ounce of urgency about this entire process, just does fuck all.

• Options
    Civil cases like divorces move very slowly, in my experience. You're gonna be at it a while.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    it would be pretty fun if everyone was on drugs i feel like

if i wasn't on drugs i dunno that i would enjoy it

That sounds even worse than regular orgy.

I meant specific drugs not just any drugs of course

poo
  • Options
    I only occasionally drink and that's generallly not so good for sexy times, so.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    Maybe I'm too genuine

In your position, I would be trying to move.

Come to think of it, my go to solution to everything appears to be "move to another country".

I know your sort of stuck until the divorce is final, but figuring out a new horizon would certainly give you something to work on and look forward to, and it's the kind of thing you can prepare for without drastically impacting your day to day life.

There's no way I could move, bub

I'll soon have figured out a new budget, and now when I can move out if my parents', but I can't leave my job. Too many things are dependent on that pay rate.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Tonight I went to an extended family party for my one-year-old niece.

The kids were getting rowdy after a while, so my brother and I decided to set up a game of prune juice pong for them, because we're hilarious and awful.

Jokes on us though, as they smashed us and we downed 6 cups each.

help

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Eurgghhk.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Tonight I went to an extended family party for my one-year-old niece.

The kids were getting rowdy after a while, so my brother and I decided to set up a game of prune juice pong for them, because we're hilarious and awful.

Jokes on us though, as they smashed us and we downed 6 cups each.

help
    Prune juice is a warrior's drink, you'll be fine.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.