As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Legion: I have sacrificed everything...

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    FML. Just got my 26th point in my artifact, and the next one is 182k AP.

I just snagged my 24th on my balance druid and finally got Moon and Stars as my third trait. Super happy about it, and at the same time, feeling very unmotivated to gather more AP. I hit it really hard for the last 4 or so traits. I literally did every world quest with AP, the heroic daily, mythics, and completed Suramar in between raids to get it done.

So I'm chilling a bit before I burn myself out early. Going to play some alts for a bit I think.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Kinda hit a wall at lvl 23 for my weapon. Probably will just focus on other things till I get a bigger ap bonus

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Just had a lovely pvp experience where a disc priest chased me across the entirety of high mountain (I'm also a disc priest) unable to kill me but refusing to leave me alone. This started at thunder totem when he tried to MC me off a ledge so I retaliated with the same and was unable to do it. So I eventually gave up and went to leave but he followed.

Note: 10-15 guards were beating on him the entire time. He absolutely did not care even a little bit. I tried it myself later! The guards there may as well not even exist.

I hate that there are these huge issues with world pvp that affects huge portions of players but they won't do anything about it. That is VERY frustrating. I like the danger and risk of a pvp server, I don't like that griefers with overpowered PvP specs can walk around with impunity and grief people up and down. Giving the guards some bite should be a priority at the very least, but they seem to just not care about pvp servers at all. If that's the case, fine, turn it to a pve server! But don't make me play in this shitty environment that could VERY easily be fixed.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Just had a lovely pvp experience where a disc priest chased me across the entirety of high mountain (I'm also a disc priest) unable to kill me but refusing to leave me alone. This started at thunder totem when he tried to MC me off a ledge so I retaliated with the same and was unable to do it. So I eventually gave up and went to leave but he followed.

Note: 10-15 guards were beating on him the entire time. He absolutely did not care even a little bit. I tried it myself later! The guards there may as well not even exist.

I hate that there are these huge issues with world pvp that affects huge portions of players but they won't do anything about it. That is VERY frustrating. I like the danger and risk of a pvp server, I don't like that griefers with overpowered PvP specs can walk around with impunity and grief people up and down. Giving the guards some bite should be a priority at the very least, but they seem to just not care about pvp servers at all. If that's the case, fine, turn it to a pve server! But don't make me play in this shitty environment that could VERY easily be fixed.

AREQkQs.gif

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Doing pvp quests as a tank that activate the pvp template is completely awful. The damage nerf I can deal with, but that survivability decrease really smarts.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    The best thing about artefact knowledge is how rapidly the gains scale level to level at later ranks. Level 0 is base gains. Level 5 is 200% more. Level 10 is 750% more. Level 15 is 2850% more.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    hrm, World Quests keep giving me haste/mastery gear on my mage, but as far as I can tell, no spec really wants that combination?

Frost looks like it wants haste/crit and Arcane seems to want crit/mastery (but also looks like it gets more from haste than Frost does).

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    somebody on the wow reddit a while back posted a video of two thunder totem guards being killed by one of those little grubs that spawns in the 'protect the farm' world quest

I'm not sure why they even have them tbh

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I've often wondered what Pvp servers would be like if guards were buffed to be as strong relative to players as they were in vanilla/TBC.

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Well I feel silly for going for the frost wrym talent. It only works on standard world quests.

How utterly pointless.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The best thing about artefact knowledge is how rapidly the gains scale level to level at later ranks. Level 0 is base gains. Level 5 is 200% more. Level 10 is 750% more. Level 15 is 2850% more.

Unfortunately if you're on the bleeding edge, the required AP scales just as quickly. It's good for catching up your off-spec weapon, but main spec will feel just as slow, or even moreso, as time goes on.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    That is kind of the point though.

It's time gated but you still have control over it. There is still going to be a hard limit on what you can accomplish without eventually getting AK, but at least you can slowly work towards it.

But you really aren't supposed to get too far ahead anyway.

Also the AK is actually a smooth gain, its multiplicitive. The gain is always the same based on the last amount you were getting.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I thInk I just need one screech to get my owlcat appearance.

I'm not excited about my odds of even getting a screech, let alone the right one.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    My only wish with AK/AP is that the early levels of AK should get shorter even faster.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    It's, uh, been only like 6(?) weeks since the expansion came out. I'm actually surprised it got quicker so quickly already, tbh.

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    As alliance, what's the fastest way to Ony's lair these days?

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Boat from Wetlands to Theramore, generally. Or from Booty Bay.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Take the portal from Stormwind to Uldum or take the portal to Caverns of Time from Dalaran.

Adellios on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If you've ever played Clicker Heroes or a variant then Artifact Knowledge incrementation is basically that.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular

Raiding is hard

• Options
    Well I mean, if there was ever a fight that was tailor made for smaller groups that was it.

The less people the easier she is. By a large margin. They also have to have a monster of a Disc priest to add enough damage to basically do 8 peoples worth of damage with 3 people.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    They also did a Four Man Dragons of Nightmare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKSmJu4DSDs

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    WoW... Just dropped off my Starlight Rose in the AH and I'm not even out of the window before I see that all of it has sold.

I am the happiest girl in the whole USA!

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Another night of wow: login, spend 1 hour failing to find a mythic group, log out

good times

• Options
    Another night of wow: login, spend 1 hour failing to find a mythic group, log out

good times

Did you ask in the PA discord?

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    So guild just put up that we are going to be going to heroic soon after we gear a few people up. Think we can do it but is this the point where we have to pre pot and all that jazz ? Cause I can't afford that even having made about 30 k in the last days selling enchants.

Edit- fuck you autocorrect.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Use draenic potions.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

good times

Did you ask in the PA discord?

I think override is alliance

all of 3 of us are alliance

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Not everyone in the PA Discord are Horde.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    yeah Iv'e had the opposite problem actually, every time I ask it's always Alliance people responding to me.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the way these things work is that whenever you need a group is when primetime for the opposite faction is

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular

good times

I pugged a +4 BRH today. What class/role are you playing? It really isn't as hard to get in a group as people make it sound.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »

good times

I pugged a +4 BRH today. What class/role are you playing? It really isn't as hard to get in a group as people make it sound.

Since I got over 850 ilevel, it's become possible for me to get a group as DPS in a relatively quick and easy way.

Really, all you need to do is to have a better ilevel than 95% of the people trying to get groups.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Posts multiplying!

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    @Javen I got the Vengeance shoulder legendary tonight.

It's pretty good. Doesn't trigger from fueled by pain, obviously.

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Use draenic potions.

People in our raid swear that for DPS, Gunpowder Charge is more damage than the draenic potions, even considering that you can't pre-pot a grenade.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Suggestion for the next thread title: "Something's not quite right..."

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    What next thread? We are at 103 and whenever it's mentioned no one seems to care

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Not everyone in the PA Discord are Horde.
    yeah Iv'e had the opposite problem actually, every time I ask it's always Alliance people responding to me.

I was under the impression that 95% of you were horde.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
This discussion has been closed.