As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] is a Battlefield

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Alright, reports turned in. The road is feasible, rock quarry is frankly doubtful, good luck with the silty ass permafrost and its 40% volumetric reduction when it thaws.

Edit: Also, I'm sick as a dog and it's not due to drinking. Send me your strengthening teas, secret British cabal.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Tea is in the heart

breath in deep and Tea is always with you. For the virtuous, Yorkshire Tea. If you've been bad, PG Tips D:

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Civil cases like divorces move very slowly, in my experience. You're gonna be at it a while.

The paralegal is pretty prompt, so I have no issues with her. I have no expectations for the court, but the unless the judge tries to force some events, the actual proceedings should be simple. There's nothing to split anymore.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Met up with the girl I'm crushing on the most last night at her favorite bar and met some her friends. It was pretty cool, and lame as it is after it closed we had a good heart to heart in my car about life and stuff.

And for some reason that made me really happy.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Maybe I'm too genuine

No such thing. You can be too forward certainly, but being entirely genuine should be everyone's ideal. Fakeness is not an attractive quality.

I won't bore y'all with the same sad song, but I'm having a tough time getting things figured out

A close friendship feels very strained, but I'm such a mess I don't even know how to talk about it, and I think it's my fault

And I have the least amount of friends I've ever had. I have my brother, and three bros who are like brothers to me, but all four of them live hours away

And a couple maybe three ish close friends who are female, but all of them feel awkward since my divorce

I was very close with my in-laws
    I feel like I lost a brother and two sisters

And two very close friends who were brothers to me chose my ex wife's side

And in trying to figure new friends out, and I'm struggling

And I don't know how much of it is legit concerns vs how much of it is maybe I should get my family doctor to refer me to a therapist or something

In your position, I would be trying to move.

Come to think of it, my go to solution to everything appears to be "move to another country".

I know your sort of stuck until the divorce is final, but figuring out a new horizon would certainly give you something to work on and look forward to, and it's the kind of thing you can prepare for without drastically impacting your day to day life.

There's no way I could move, bub

I'll soon have figured out a new budget, and now when I can move out if my parents', but I can't leave my job. Too many things are dependent on that pay rate.

@sarukun
    To elaborate
    I have a huge amount of self doubt and a tendency to second guess myself
    And making new friends is a huge ordeal for me

I can't imagine having to make more than one at a time.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    So I'm at a bar with my old roommates for a football game. And one of my former roommates just verbally destroyed a dude that was apparently gross to her during her waitressing job. It was almost a mathematical deconstruction and he immediately left. It was beautiful.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I really hope she doesn't get in trouble at her job.

But god. Watching the slow motion reaction of a dude realizing he was shit was kinda amazing. I hope he learned something.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    When should I consider asking my family doctor to a referral to some kind of therapist or whatever? What is a normal mental state? I think I'm developing some kind of anxiety or something.

I didn't date much before marriage, I don't know how to deal with things in a breakup, even though this was my call, I left her, I'm having a rough time.

I'm worried I'm pushing what few friends I have left away from me, or withdrawing from them becuase of this weird anxiety thing.

I some times spend a lot of time wondering if I offended someone or people I know are my friends are actually my friends or if they just pity me.

I have good days and bad days on roughly equal measure and km having a hard time getting out of the bad thought process es on bad days.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    If you think something is wrong, then now's the time to ask for a referral.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    I really hope she doesn't get in trouble at her job.

But god. Watching the slow motion reaction of a dude realizing he was shit was kinda amazing. I hope he learned something.

I hope others in the area witnessing it learned something as well

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Just went and had tasty vindaloo, saw Hedwig and the Angry Inch (feat Darren Criss) and now we're watching Rent.

Pretty good night.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    When should I consider asking my family doctor to a referral to some kind of therapist or whatever? What is a normal mental state? I think I'm developing some kind of anxiety or something.

I didn't date much before marriage, I don't know how to deal with things in a breakup, even though this was my call, I left her, I'm having a rough time.

I'm worried I'm pushing what few friends I have left away from me, or withdrawing from them becuase of this weird anxiety thing.

I some times spend a lot of time wondering if I offended someone or people I know are my friends are actually my friends or if they just pity me.

I have good days and bad days on roughly equal measure and km having a hard time getting out of the bad thought process es on bad days.

Now is good.

You're going through a time that's tough even in the best and most amicable times.

You don't need to be completely falling apart to talk to somebody.

If you want somebody to talk to, then go talk.

There's only so much we can do for you here.

If you feel you need more, go for it.

<3

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular

I just want to second this, and add that talking to a professional before you fall apart, or get close to falling apart is probably even the smarter thing to do. Because it might keep you functional, when you'd otherwise fall apart.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Maybe I'm too genuine

No such thing. You can be too forward certainly, but being entirely genuine should be everyone's ideal. Fakeness is not an attractive quality.

I won't bore y'all with the same sad song, but I'm having a tough time getting things figured out

A close friendship feels very strained, but I'm such a mess I don't even know how to talk about it, and I think it's my fault

And I have the least amount of friends I've ever had. I have my brother, and three bros who are like brothers to me, but all four of them live hours away

And a couple maybe three ish close friends who are female, but all of them feel awkward since my divorce

I was very close with my in-laws
    I feel like I lost a brother and two sisters

And two very close friends who were brothers to me chose my ex wife's side

And in trying to figure new friends out, and I'm struggling

And I don't know how much of it is legit concerns vs how much of it is maybe I should get my family doctor to refer me to a therapist or something

In your position, I would be trying to move.

Come to think of it, my go to solution to everything appears to be "move to another country".

I know your sort of stuck until the divorce is final, but figuring out a new horizon would certainly give you something to work on and look forward to, and it's the kind of thing you can prepare for without drastically impacting your day to day life.

There's no way I could move, bub

I'll soon have figured out a new budget, and now when I can move out if my parents', but I can't leave my job. Too many things are dependent on that pay rate.

@sarukun
    To elaborate
    I have a huge amount of self doubt and a tendency to second guess myself
    And making new friends is a huge ordeal for me

I can't imagine having to make more than one at a time.

I hear you mang.

I've gotten real used to fleeing untenable situations, but I haven't really had a stable, attractive enough job to make leaving a very challenging proposition, so.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    I am just treating this whole existence scenario as a bad dream and trying to make the most out of what's left of it

• Options
    Creagan wrote: »

I just want to second this, and add that talking to a professional before you fall apart, or get close to falling apart is probably even the smarter thing to do. Because it might keep you functional, when you'd otherwise fall apart.

Well what if you are beyond falling apart
    As I am barely functional running in idle operation anymore?
    I really feel talking to a professional was years ago

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Creagan wrote: »

Well what if you are beyond falling apart
    As I am barely functional running in idle operation anymore?
    I really feel talking to a professional was years ago

Do you have insurance? Could you go now?

• Options
    I have the dreaded Tri Core
    So I don't know and really how can I?
    I lack a car and am basically a vampire anymore

• Options
    I'm thinking about going.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    A bunch of people I know have had great results with therapy. When I tried it, I kept getting into arguments with the therapist, like the horrible fucking pedant I am. I'm okay these days, I think, but maybe I would have gotten here faster if I'd let someone help me? I dunno.

I should attend some kinda therapy/femdom crossover event.

Good luck to you guys, though.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Oh wow a random cute girl who i will never see again just asked me to lend her a phone charger and thanked me after that

The end.

Sorry folks just wanna brag a little

Peas on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Just want it on the record that every single time I see this thread I want to make a thread for Battlefield 1 and title it "Love is a [Battlefield]"

I think I'm very funny

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I got asked by someone on OkCupid if I like Marvel movies, I said I do but that I still haven't seen the first Iron Man

I hope that didn't just kill the conversation

I didn't get another message

Platy on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I got message on Bumble! And I responded! And she's answered! OMG!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Just want it on the record that every single time I see this thread I want to make a thread for Battlefield 1 and title it "Love is a [Battlefield]"

I think I'm very funny

Wouldn't that be for Battlefield 0 though?

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I'm on the bus and sitting across from me is @Grey Ghost 's doppleganger if GG had become an art school skater instead of Hawkeye.

Edit: The resemblance is shocking. He's even talking about a girl he likes!

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular

I think I'm very funny

Love is a lot like Battlefield, when you think abo SON OF A BITCH THERE WAS NO FUCKING WAY HE GOT A HEADSHOT ON ME YOU PIECE OF SHIT ASS LAG GODDA

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Anyway, another love thread come and gone. Some of us actually got some this time round so good for all of you!

See you next time.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Love is great love thread

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I have the dreaded Tri Core
    So I don't know and really how can I?
    I lack a car and am basically a vampire anymore

When I started seeing a professional, I was almost completely nocturnal, so anxious that just going to class was a struggle, and checking my email was impossible.

I also had zero trust in mental health professionals thanks to some shit my high school social work department pulled. (Lets just say it was so bad, I was relieved when my social worker died because it meant I didn't have to see her again.) And was only there because if I didn't go, I was going to fail a class and be put on acedemic probation.

It still ended up helping me.

Anyway, if you think you might need it, seeing if you can get it won't hurt. Seeing if you can access therapy doesn't mean you have to go.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The only love in my life is this thread.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular

I think I'm very funny

I love you, numbers.

Just woke my son up across the house laughing so hard.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    So how often do you guys text with your SO's generally speaking? Thinking especially in the early phases of a relationship. Just had a Match.com coffee date cancel on me because she was "uncomfortable" with how little I had texted with her in advance of the date - we just used texts to arrange it for the weekend and then chatted a bit more a few days later. Is it super weird that I don't text that often just for idle conversation? I simply don't have a burning desire to share my thoughts/activities throughout the day, and find it sort of tedious to carry on meaty conversations over text rather than in person.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    text or call every day. doesn't have to be for long periods of time, but deffo has to happen. especially in early stages. ya gotta show you have an active interest in the person's daily life.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I learned through an anime dating game that you should text around meal times and ask them if they have eaten.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I learned through an anime dating game that you should text around meal times and ask them if they have eaten.

that's only when you want to date birds, chico

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    text or call every day. doesn't have to be for long periods of time, but deffo has to happen. especially in early stages. ya gotta show you have an active interest in the person's daily life.

Yeah, I figure moving forward I'll definitely do this at least until I can get a feel for whether or not she's into that. I figure if I sent the last message and she never follows up (i.e. what I did in this scenario) then maybe she doesn't want to text that often, otherwise I'll assume that if she had the last message then I'm expected to continue the thread at some point.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

I think I'm very funny

I love you, numbers.

Just woke my son up across the house laughing so hard.

Tennis joke ^5

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    So how often do you guys text with your SO's generally speaking? Thinking especially in the early phases of a relationship. Just had a Match.com coffee date cancel on me because she was "uncomfortable" with how little I had texted with her in advance of the date - we just used texts to arrange it for the weekend and then chatted a bit more a few days later. Is it super weird that I don't text that often just for idle conversation? I simply don't have a burning desire to share my thoughts/activities throughout the day, and find it sort of tedious to carry on meaty conversations over text rather than in person.

Daily texting to show interest really helps. Actually ended up changing my OKC question about that when I realised how much fun it was and how much it helped alleviate stress when you're not waiting days (especially if you use something like WhatsApp and can see if they've read it/when they were last online but haven't responded).

I found if both parties are interested chatting is easy, otherwise it can be like pulling teeth (which can be a decent indicator when paired with other stuff).

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    It just feels good to know that someone wants to know about you, or share something that happened in their life with you. Texting constantly is really obnoxiously but one/two exchanges a day is pretty standard.

This discussion has been closed.