As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    No one who has dies is "scum"

I'm assuming that does not include the people that died N2 (corv, GG, Green). Correct @JusticeforPluto ?

Total, I believe. As my message says "there are zero dead scrum so far".

I'm curious as to how the kills work. We went from 1 to 2 to 3. I'm assuming 1 per day is Mafia, but that leaves three kills unaccounted for, with 2 of them poping up out of no where (the additional kills on day 2 and 3)

Given you had to fire your action during the night, probably would be good to get clarification on order of operations. If your power fired before the kills, you're message of so far means something different than if your power fires after all the kills.
    kime wrote: »

I'm assuming that does not include the people that died N2 (corv, GG, Green). Correct @JusticeforPluto ?

I'm curious as to how the kills work. We went from 1 to 2 to 3. I'm assuming 1 per day is Mafia, but that leaves three kills unaccounted for, with 2 of them poping up out of no where (the additional kills on day 2 and 3)

There have only been two Nights.

We've had one vote kill each Day. We had one kill (mafia?) the first Night. We had three kills the second Night. Probably one mafia, one vig (you?), and one unknown.

Dead list: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/36140562/#Comment_36140562

One kill is me as the/a Vig.

So, I'd guess either another Vig that has the same power limitations as well (meaning they just got their kill yesterday) or something else out there that has a kill ability with restrictions on it.

It actually fires at the beginning of every odd day, so I think we have 6 greens dead, including Green. Sorry if I said night.

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    So what do we think is happening at night? Is that when the mafia can use PMs or is there another board out there working against us like the pirate phalla?

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Read the OP?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »
    Read the OP?

Don't do that...

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Read the OP?

I just see a list for order of operations for the night phase, not who is doing it.

If it is just the sorting out of what we and the mafia did during the day, fine, but I am trying to figure out why Fry doesn't want anyone posting in the thread about the game during that time.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Gizzy has been replaced by @MrTLicious effective immediately

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Read the OP?

I just see a list for order of operations for the night phase, not who is doing it.

If it is just the sorting out of what we and the mafia did during the day, fine, but I am trying to figure out why Fry doesn't want anyone posting in the thread about the game during that time.

My understanding is that its a common setup from other forums that he is trying here.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MrT

never trust replacements

:P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I now know how I would do a Crusader Kings game

Make it last a couple months or so

Require all players to have to find a replacement player at role determined points in the game who is basically their successor

ObiFett on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I now know how I would do a Crusader Kings game

Make it last a couple months or so

Require all players to have to find a replacement player at a determined point in the game who is basically their successor

I think Gizzy and ZH are going to need a little more time to train their successor.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

Where did your message come from GG?
    Was it from your role?

Nvm just read your top of the page.

discrider on
    Maybe it would help to have all the claims in one place:

GG: sanity seer -chamberlain sane
    Chamberlain - (can see the death of the SK)
    38th - Sanity Seer - Chamberlain insane, discrider sane
    J4P - Death seer - all the dead are village
    AustinP - death seer/vig - day 1 night 1 and day 2 dead village, n2 killed green
    MagicPrime - Will live until the end of the game unless he is mafia.

Have I missed anything?

Discrider - sends dreams at night. Corv confirmed received my night 1 message (or something like it) day 2.

People stop @ ing me!

Brody wrote: »
    Austin claimed to have Vigged Green, and either Green or GG were probably Corvidae's lover, meaning their death took out Corv as well.

Yeah, duh. This.

Either Green or GG was tied to Corvidae, which is where the extra death came from.

So that means 1 mafia kill and my kill last night.

It would have been Green; Corv said that her lover was awol.

Of all the reasons to vote Magic Prime, that seems like an odd one and you are making me reconsider my suspicions.
    Agreed.
    MrT can wait.
    Village Obifett would be going insane right now trying to figure out the lay of the powers and figuring out who's used what and why.
    Instead he's bemoaning the lack of death results and not contributing anything.
    And that MagicPrime vote is, like you say, very bad.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Of all the reasons to vote Magic Prime, that seems like an odd one and you are making me reconsider my suspicions.
    Agreed.
    MrT can wait.
    Village Obifett would be going insane right now trying to figure out the lay of the powers and figuring out who's used what and why.

Perhaps, like me, he is quietly going crazy because his power does not seem to do anything.

Hell, can I volunteer for a sanity check?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited October 2016
    Agreed.
    MrT can wait.

Clearly you have this idea of me that has never existed

I don't enjoy figuring out powers and who's used what and why.

I enjoy poking and prodding people and reading their reactions to results and using previous days voting patterns and habits to find mafia.

Removing death results suuuuucks.

ObiFett on
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Agreed.
    MrT can wait.

Perhaps, like me, he is quietly going crazy because his power does not seem to do anything.

Hell, can I volunteer for a sanity check?

If you've been targeting people maybe reveal some targets and see if they can work out what you're actually doing.

and fwiw, there is more to that Magicprime vote than meets the eye

Obi!

edited October 2016
    Obi!

what?

ObiFett on

You should probably share, then?

Steam profile

Its time sensitive. So I will share tomorrow.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Read the OP?

Just to clarify this specifically, Night is when the "other" actions actually get triggered/resolved/submitted.

So, it wasn't until the end of Day 2 that I got notice that my kill power was active, and I had the ability to submit it during the "Night" period. Pretty sure that applies to all the other powers as well, they don't actually resolve until the end of the Night itself.

Using my example again, I don't get a chance to know if I can do anything during the actual days, so the night period gives me an opportunity to look over the thread or whatever to choose a target and then submit it.

Obi!

what?

You @ ed me!

Shit, is MagicPrime a decepticon?

Are you Starscream? Don't you lie to me!

edited October 2016
    Obi!

what?

You @ ed me!

No I didn't!

ObiFett on
    Read the OP?

Just to clarify this specifically, Night is when the "other" actions actually get triggered/resolved/submitted.

So, it wasn't until the end of Day 2 that I got notice that my kill power was active, and I had the ability to submit it during the "Night" period. Pretty sure that applies to all the other powers as well, they don't actually resolve until the end of the Night itself.

Using my example again, I don't get a chance to know if I can do anything during the actual days, so the night period gives me an opportunity to look over the thread or whatever to choose a target and then submit it.

Oh, so that's why no gametalk during Night? You learn things at the beginning of the Night, then have to make a decision based only on that.

Interesting.

Steam profile
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    OooooooooooooooooooooooO

So long and thanks for all the fish!

OooooooooooooooooooooooO

edited October 2016

MagicPrime's claim is consistent with his prior posting history of not wanting to be vigged.
    So I don't believe this, and instead think you just want a random villager to bite it when MP gets voted out.

discrider on
    Read the OP?

Oh, so that's why no gametalk during Night? You learn things at the beginning of the Night, then have to make a decision based only on that.

Interesting.

I mean, technically it's not only then that I can base on, I just don't know that I have an action to take until the night period begins. So, I have info, just don't know until then if I actually have anything to do.

Read the OP?

Interesting.

Some powers appear to do things at the start of the night (or end of the day) also, like the video I received.

MagicPrime's claim is consistent with his prior posting history of not wanting to be vigged.
    So I don't believe this, and instead think you just want a random villager to bite it when MP gets voted out.

I really really really wish I could just PM you right now

And noww you start acting like you're piecing things together.

el oh el

yes, wanting to talk to you in private totally means I've pieced things together

No

it just means I wish I could tell you what I'm doing in private so you don't ruin it by doing what you are doing

el oh el

yes, wanting to talk to you in private totally means I've pieced things together

No

it just means I wish I could tell you what I'm doing in private so you don't ruin it by doing what you are doing

Well maybe you should start thinking about village vote targets in public so you don't ruin us by doing what you are doing.

el oh el

No

Like I completely agree that the lack of a kill history is crap, but we can't just lay down and die. And that's been precisely the attitude I've been seeing you proselytising so far this game.

edited October 2016

el oh el

No

Well maybe you should start thinking about village vote targets in public so you don't ruin us by doing what you are doing.

you're ridiculous and harming the village by not letting players do what they think is best just because its not your way

I get slammed in games where I dominate too much of the conversation and am blamed for ruining it by talking too much when I am engaged. I get slammed in this game because I am taking a more low-key approach, due to hating the lack of death results, but yet still with a valid reason for my voting, that I even say I will talk about tomorrow.

At best, you are mafia and are trying to dominate the conversation because you know that the village can't work against you behind the scenes. At worst, this is a classic case of village on village violence and you are preventing villagers from winning the game because they aren't as active as you or aren't as engaged in piecing roles and shit together that we have no solid evidence of. I mean even roles aren't revealed on death. Mafia could just lie and make up shit, knowing full well that they aren't ever going to be caught.

ObiFett on
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    So, my suspicious radar goes off on @Moridin889 are you an insane person or did you declare a special? Because the way you used "we" for a while, then went to "I" later seems odd.

As for my power it's been useless right now I am a wizard and my power changes each day/night. So far I haven't discovered anything with it, I don't even pick what I get. So far I haven't gotten anything useful...unless you count the Joker(telling awesome jokes)....but I am not really punny.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"

el oh el

No

Like I completely agree that the lack of a kill history is crap, but we can't just lay down and die. And that's been precisely the attitude I've been seeing you proselytising so far this game.

I haven't been saying to just lay down and die. I was annoyed after the first night when I realized we wouldn't be getting ANY info post death. Yeah, I kind of sat down during day 2 and pouted while trying to listen to the active players to see if there was some way I could help. Today, I've been letting people who love "piecing things together" do their thing, while I simultaneously try and do something that I think will work, only to be told to not do that thing and instead I should be more like discrider.