Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

1282931333450

Posts

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    A lot of times I will mistakenly refer to the village as a we.

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
    JPants
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    and fwiw, there is more to that Magicprime vote than meets the eye

    You should probably share, then?

    Its time sensitive. So I will share tomorrow.

    MagicPrime's claim is consistent with his prior posting history of not wanting to be vigged.
    So I don't believe this, and instead think you just want a random villager to bite it when MP gets voted out.

    I really really really wish I could just PM you right now

    And noww you start acting like you're piecing things together.

    el oh el

    yes, wanting to talk to you in private totally means I've pieced things together

    No

    it just means I wish I could tell you what I'm doing in private so you don't ruin it by doing what you are doing

    Like I completely agree that the lack of a kill history is crap, but we can't just lay down and die. And that's been precisely the attitude I've been seeing you proselytising so far this game.

    I haven't been saying to just lay down and die. I was annoyed after the first night when I realized we wouldn't be getting ANY info post death. Yeah, I kind of sat down during day 2 and pouted while trying to listen to the active players to see if there was some way I could help. Today, I've been letting people who love "piecing things together" do their thing, while I simultaneously try and do something that I think will work, only to be told to not do that thing and instead I should be more like discrider.

    No.
    You should be more like Obifett.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    and fwiw, there is more to that Magicprime vote than meets the eye

    You should probably share, then?

    Its time sensitive. So I will share tomorrow.

    MagicPrime's claim is consistent with his prior posting history of not wanting to be vigged.
    So I don't believe this, and instead think you just want a random villager to bite it when MP gets voted out.

    I really really really wish I could just PM you right now

    And noww you start acting like you're piecing things together.

    el oh el

    yes, wanting to talk to you in private totally means I've pieced things together

    No

    it just means I wish I could tell you what I'm doing in private so you don't ruin it by doing what you are doing

    Like I completely agree that the lack of a kill history is crap, but we can't just lay down and die. And that's been precisely the attitude I've been seeing you proselytising so far this game.

    I haven't been saying to just lay down and die. I was annoyed after the first night when I realized we wouldn't be getting ANY info post death. Yeah, I kind of sat down during day 2 and pouted while trying to listen to the active players to see if there was some way I could help. Today, I've been letting people who love "piecing things together" do their thing, while I simultaneously try and do something that I think will work, only to be told to not do that thing and instead I should be more like discrider.

    No.
    You should be more like Obifett.

    Discrider - Why aren't you piecing things together and shit?!
    ObiFett - Uh, that's not my thing. I like to be a proto-Infidel. Speaking of that, there is more to my vote.
    Discrider - Bullshit there is more to your vote.
    ObiFett - There is, but you are ruining it
    Discrider - Oh, now you are trying to be like me, riiiight
    ObiFett - Uh, I am not. I am doing my thing, but for some reason am being slammed for not being like you.
    Discrider - No, I want you to be you, which to me is piecing thing together and shit. So why aren't you piecing things together and shit?!

    :rotate:

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    and fwiw, there is more to that Magicprime vote than meets the eye

    You should probably share, then?

    Its time sensitive. So I will share tomorrow.

    MagicPrime's claim is consistent with his prior posting history of not wanting to be vigged.
    So I don't believe this, and instead think you just want a random villager to bite it when MP gets voted out.

    I really really really wish I could just PM you right now

    And noww you start acting like you're piecing things together.

    el oh el

    yes, wanting to talk to you in private totally means I've pieced things together

    No

    it just means I wish I could tell you what I'm doing in private so you don't ruin it by doing what you are doing

    Like I completely agree that the lack of a kill history is crap, but we can't just lay down and die. And that's been precisely the attitude I've been seeing you proselytising so far this game.

    I haven't been saying to just lay down and die. I was annoyed after the first night when I realized we wouldn't be getting ANY info post death. Yeah, I kind of sat down during day 2 and pouted while trying to listen to the active players to see if there was some way I could help. Today, I've been letting people who love "piecing things together" do their thing, while I simultaneously try and do something that I think will work, only to be told to not do that thing and instead I should be more like discrider.

    No.
    You should be more like Obifett.

    Discrider - Why aren't you piecing things together and shit?!
    ObiFett - Uh, that's not my thing. I like to be a proto-Infidel. Speaking of that, there is more to my vote.
    Discrider - Bullshit there is more to your vote.
    ObiFett - There is, but you are ruining it
    Discrider - Oh, now you are trying to be like me, riiiight
    ObiFett - Uh, I am not. I am doing my thing, but for some reason am being slammed for not being like you.
    Discrider - No, I want you to be you, which to me is piecing thing together and shit. So why aren't you piecing things together and shit?!

    :rotate:

    ....
    You spent a game trying to get a code out of youtube videos and going slowly insane.
    How is that not piecing things things together and shit.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    and fwiw, there is more to that Magicprime vote than meets the eye

    You should probably share, then?

    Its time sensitive. So I will share tomorrow.

    MagicPrime's claim is consistent with his prior posting history of not wanting to be vigged.
    So I don't believe this, and instead think you just want a random villager to bite it when MP gets voted out.

    I really really really wish I could just PM you right now

    And noww you start acting like you're piecing things together.

    el oh el

    yes, wanting to talk to you in private totally means I've pieced things together

    No

    it just means I wish I could tell you what I'm doing in private so you don't ruin it by doing what you are doing

    Like I completely agree that the lack of a kill history is crap, but we can't just lay down and die. And that's been precisely the attitude I've been seeing you proselytising so far this game.

    I haven't been saying to just lay down and die. I was annoyed after the first night when I realized we wouldn't be getting ANY info post death. Yeah, I kind of sat down during day 2 and pouted while trying to listen to the active players to see if there was some way I could help. Today, I've been letting people who love "piecing things together" do their thing, while I simultaneously try and do something that I think will work, only to be told to not do that thing and instead I should be more like discrider.

    No.
    You should be more like Obifett.

    Discrider - Why aren't you piecing things together and shit?!
    ObiFett - Uh, that's not my thing. I like to be a proto-Infidel. Speaking of that, there is more to my vote.
    Discrider - Bullshit there is more to your vote.
    ObiFett - There is, but you are ruining it
    Discrider - Oh, now you are trying to be like me, riiiight
    ObiFett - Uh, I am not. I am doing my thing, but for some reason am being slammed for not being like you.
    Discrider - No, I want you to be you, which to me is piecing thing together and shit. So why aren't you piecing things together and shit?!

    :rotate:

    ....
    You spent a game trying to get a code out of youtube videos and going slowly insane.
    How is that not piecing things things together and shit.

    I was literally village nethead with a ton of unique responsibility/knowledge plus the ability and power to work behind the scenes AND I COULDN'T DIE. I mean who wouldn't have fun with that?

    There is no chance to gain knowledge here from behind the scenes and it turns out my power might not even work! On top of that, my normal power of rooting out the mafia through voting records and poking people is useless since I won't ever know if I am right or wrong.

    This is a completely different situation. Like night and freaking day. Go find a game where I was a normal villager and compare it to this, I sincerely doubt my playstyle is any different. If it is, then I guess vote me out or whatever for not contributing like you want me to.

    ObiFett on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    discrider is giving me mafia vibes here.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    and fwiw, there is more to that Magicprime vote than meets the eye

    You should probably share, then?

    Its time sensitive. So I will share tomorrow.

    MagicPrime's claim is consistent with his prior posting history of not wanting to be vigged.
    So I don't believe this, and instead think you just want a random villager to bite it when MP gets voted out.

    I really really really wish I could just PM you right now

    And noww you start acting like you're piecing things together.

    el oh el

    yes, wanting to talk to you in private totally means I've pieced things together

    No

    it just means I wish I could tell you what I'm doing in private so you don't ruin it by doing what you are doing

    Like I completely agree that the lack of a kill history is crap, but we can't just lay down and die. And that's been precisely the attitude I've been seeing you proselytising so far this game.

    I haven't been saying to just lay down and die. I was annoyed after the first night when I realized we wouldn't be getting ANY info post death. Yeah, I kind of sat down during day 2 and pouted while trying to listen to the active players to see if there was some way I could help. Today, I've been letting people who love "piecing things together" do their thing, while I simultaneously try and do something that I think will work, only to be told to not do that thing and instead I should be more like discrider.

    No.
    You should be more like Obifett.

    Discrider - Why aren't you piecing things together and shit?!
    ObiFett - Uh, that's not my thing. I like to be a proto-Infidel. Speaking of that, there is more to my vote.
    Discrider - Bullshit there is more to your vote.
    ObiFett - There is, but you are ruining it
    Discrider - Oh, now you are trying to be like me, riiiight
    ObiFett - Uh, I am not. I am doing my thing, but for some reason am being slammed for not being like you.
    Discrider - No, I want you to be you, which to me is piecing thing together and shit. So why aren't you piecing things together and shit?!

    :rotate:

    ....
    You spent a game trying to get a code out of youtube videos and going slowly insane.
    How is that not piecing things things together and shit.

    I was literally village nethead with a ton of unique responsibility/knowledge plus the ability and power to work behind the scenes AND I COULDN'T DIE. I mean who wouldn't have fun with that?

    There is no chance to gain knowledge here from behind the scenes and it turns out my power might not even work! On top of that, my normal power of rooting out the mafia through voting records and poking people is useless since I won't ever know if I am right or wrong.

    This is a completely different situation. Like night and freaking day. Go find a game where I was a normal villager and compare it to this, I sincerely doubt my playstyle is any different. If it is, then I guess vote me out or whatever for not contributing like you want me to.

    Nah.
    This argument has been more me and you than the rest of the days.
    So back on MrT

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I actually don't remember why Gizzy-now-MrT is being voted. I just did for the giggles of voting for the replacement, since it's still super early in the day.

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    discrider wrote: »
    Okay.
    I probably lost the first two people I messaged the first night.
    I'm going to assume Green was Corv's partner for no reason at all, aside that there were three kills last night when the night before there had been one.
    And I think that's because someone tripped Corv's 2 for 1 (or perhaps puppetry?).
    No one who has dies is "scum"

    Sounds about right.

    My current list of suspects because all my power lets me do is speculate more during the night, and I don't know how that helps anybody:

    Brody - Village fatigue inactivity?
    Gizzy -- withdrawn now MrT
    Auralynx
    ObiFett - argues like village Obi
    AustinP0027 - claimed vig
    MamaWolf
    Raiden333
    Preda -- withdrawn now Burnage
    Moridin889 - corv pair?
    kime

    Which is what, half of you or something.

    Amended Duna

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Gizzy wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    If I pare off Brody for inactivity reasons, then Gizzy's on top of the list due to her insistence that the totally not mafia dream GG received would come into play on later days.
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Maybe what can't be trusted in narration applies to a future day. Perhaps the sender has knowledge of a Mafia ability to alter narration.
    I don't buy that one player would both have my ability to send messages at night, and also insider knowledge about the game.
    I didn't get that!
    So instead I think it's a mafia player that has that ability as well, and I feel like this post was trying to capitalise on that fake dream.

    I wasn't insisting anything here, Just speculating, along with other folks who were speculating, what the dream could mean.

    This was why I was voting Gizzy.
    Because she seemed to be creating reasons as to how the dream GG got could still be accurate, even though I think at this point I had voiced my opinion that it was a mafia message and the host had confirmed the current narration.

    She's also on my list of perhaps-mafias-because-everyone-not-on-the-list-is-probably-village.

    So, weak reason + process of elimination on my end.

    Although my list of possible mafia is getting sort of small at this point. There's probably like four of them and I think my list is at six?

    Edit: Actually host confirmation and my rejection of the message both came after Gizzy's post here, so she was throwing up potential reasons before it became clear the narration that night could be trusted.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    The question now is: Does village discrider normally change his mind and back off like that? Or is that more of mafia discrider move, backing off because the Burnage vote made him afraid its putting the spotlight on him a bit too much?

    I'm keeping my vote on Magicprime because of:
    1) Being on the horrible WACriminal wagon - voting out an inactive is the worst, easiest, laziest vote because they won't defend themselves which is exactly what mafia want and the player is already going to die due to inactivus anyways. Additionally, you prevent the host from finding a replacement that could very well be an important role for the village.
    2) Being the third+ on the wagon, which is the magic number for when mafia feel comfortable jumping on lazy and dumb wagons.
    3) Magically having a role that makes the everyone not want to vote him out and simultaneously explain why the mafia would not want to vig him. Is that just convenient or the most OP power in this type of game? You decide!

  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    In fact, I am now pretty confident that Magicprime is either the SK because wow is that the most SK defense I've ever read. A mafia who flipped around their power to sound village. Or a villager that is super OP. Based on what I am seeing this game, I don't believe there are any super OP anything.

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Can someone quote magic's reveal for me, I don't have time to hunt the thread for the specifics on his "power."

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Can someone quote magic's reveal for me, I don't have time to hunt the thread for the specifics on his "power."

    Basically if he dies, then the source of the kill takes a hit as well.

    So like if we vote him out, then someone at random who voted for him dies too. If the mafia kill him, then one of them die at random.

  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    You all have a fundamental misunderstanding of the kills. I was bonded with corvidae. Now I am alone, no longer comforted by the presence of another, always behind me, always watching, either in the bushes or outside my window. Where once there was two, now just one. Alone.

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Kilnaga D1 Vote
    Cythraul N1 Mafia
    WACriminal D2 Vote
    corvidae N2 Mafia/SK
    Green N2 Vig?
    Grunt's Ghosts N2 Mafia/SK

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    You all have a fundamental misunderstanding of the kills. I was bonded with corvidae. Now I am alone, no longer comforted by the presence of another, always behind me, always watching, either in the bushes or outside my window. Where once there was two, now just one. Alone.

    !!!
    This is what I originally thought due to you and her acting in concert.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    38thDoe
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    In fact, I am now pretty confident that Magicprime is either the SK because wow is that the most SK defense I've ever read. A mafia who flipped around their power to sound village. Or a villager that is super OP. Based on what I am seeing this game, I don't believe there are any super OP anything.

    I don't follow the bold. What's the mafia power you're saying he flipped around?

    kime
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Wow, I am going to vote ObiFett for no other reason than personal vengeance.

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    You all have a fundamental misunderstanding of the kills. I was bonded with corvidae. Now I am alone, no longer comforted by the presence of another, always behind me, always watching, either in the bushes or outside my window. Where once there was two, now just one. Alone.

    Actually:
    Keywords. Now.
    I've been sending messages to people with specific code words in quotes and all caps.
    If you're actually Corv's lover she should have shared at least one of the two I sent her with you via your lover PMs.

    Please state one of the two keywords in my prior message, or some other confirmation that corv relayed parts of my message to you privately.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    JPants
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Brody wrote: »
    Kilnaga D1 Vote
    Cythraul N1 Mafia
    WACriminal D2 Vote
    corvidae N2 Mafia/SK
    Green N2 Vig?
    Grunt's Ghosts N2 Mafia/SK

    Got no reason to believe they weren't another vig kill, right? It's probably slightly unlikely that we only have one conditional kill on the village side (plus the vote, which itself is conditional on actually passing 50%). So really it's "Mafia/SK/Vig?" I think

    kime on
    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    You all have a fundamental misunderstanding of the kills. I was bonded with corvidae. Now I am alone, no longer comforted by the presence of another, always behind me, always watching, either in the bushes or outside my window. Where once there was two, now just one. Alone.

    Which then means a third kill appearing. So probably a SK now, maybe an every other night kill?

  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    In fact, I am now pretty confident that Magicprime is either the SK because wow is that the most SK defense I've ever read. A mafia who flipped around their power to sound village. Or a villager that is super OP. Based on what I am seeing this game, I don't believe there are any super OP anything.

    I don't follow the bold. What's the mafia power you're saying he flipped around?

    Invert his declared power probably.

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    You all have a fundamental misunderstanding of the kills. I was bonded with corvidae. Now I am alone, no longer comforted by the presence of another, always behind me, always watching, either in the bushes or outside my window. Where once there was two, now just one. Alone.

    Actually:
    Keywords. Now.
    I've been sending messages to people with specific code words in quotes and all caps.
    If you're actually Corv's lover she should have shared at least one of the two I sent her with you via your lover PMs.

    Please state one of the two keywords in my prior message, or some other confirmation that corv relayed parts of my message to you privately.

    Clever :D

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    JPantsAustinP002738thDoe
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    In fact, I am now pretty confident that Magicprime is either the SK because wow is that the most SK defense I've ever read. A mafia who flipped around their power to sound village. Or a villager that is super OP. Based on what I am seeing this game, I don't believe there are any super OP anything.

    I don't follow the bold. What's the mafia power you're saying he flipped around?

    Invert his declared power probably.

    I mean I got that implication, I just can't see what the invert of his claimed power (revenge kill) is.

    kime
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    You all have a fundamental misunderstanding of the kills. I was bonded with corvidae. Now I am alone, no longer comforted by the presence of another, always behind me, always watching, either in the bushes or outside my window. Where once there was two, now just one. Alone.

    Actually:
    Keywords. Now.
    I've been sending messages to people with specific code words in quotes and all caps.
    If you're actually Corv's lover she should have shared at least one of the two I sent her with you via your lover PMs.

    Please state one of the two keywords in my prior message, or some other confirmation that corv relayed parts of my message to you privately.

    In quotes and caps? There's lots of things in quotes. Your messages apparently aren't terribly clear, or are getting scrambled

    Called her being a lover a fraud, talked about "Sane"-ness didn't spell dead correctly when talking about GG. "MAF"

    "Good luck. Have fun" ?

    I don't have exact text, and she mentioned that it was awful to parse and piece together.

  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    How would that work? If the Village kills me a mafia dies? and if the mafia kills me a townie dies?

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    In fact, I am now pretty confident that Magicprime is either the SK because wow is that the most SK defense I've ever read. A mafia who flipped around their power to sound village. Or a villager that is super OP. Based on what I am seeing this game, I don't believe there are any super OP anything.

    I don't follow the bold. What's the mafia power you're saying he flipped around?

    I can see a mafia having an ability that is basically: If you die to the vote then kill a random person on the wagon. That feels very mafia-like. Any mafia would definitely announce that power in public (because why not?) and then I can see MP adding on the "if I am killed by the mafia vig then one of them die, too" as a way to explain why they weren't immediately vigged by the mafia.

    I think its SK > Mafia > Village in order of likelihood of which faction gets that power.

    Moridin889
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    You all have a fundamental misunderstanding of the kills. I was bonded with corvidae. Now I am alone, no longer comforted by the presence of another, always behind me, always watching, either in the bushes or outside my window. Where once there was two, now just one. Alone.

    Actually:
    Keywords. Now.
    I've been sending messages to people with specific code words in quotes and all caps.
    If you're actually Corv's lover she should have shared at least one of the two I sent her with you via your lover PMs.

    Please state one of the two keywords in my prior message, or some other confirmation that corv relayed parts of my message to you privately.

    In quotes and caps? There's lots of things in quotes. Your messages apparently aren't terribly clear, or are getting scrambled

    Called her being a lover a fraud, talked about "Sane"-ness didn't spell dead correctly when talking about GG. "MAF"

    "Good luck. Have fun" ?

    I don't have exact text, and she mentioned that it was awful to parse and piece together.

    That is an unfortunate but accurate reading of my post.
    FRAUD was actually meant to be her keyword.
    I also thought GG was mafia if he didn't die that night.
    Only thing that was interpreted correctly was Good luck. It was meant to be good luck high five.

    So yea.
    You were her lover.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    JPants38thDoe
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Hopefully last night's message is easier to read :/

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    Kilnaga D1 Vote
    Cythraul N1 Mafia
    WACriminal D2 Vote
    corvidae N2 Mafia/SK
    Green N2 Vig?
    Grunt's Ghosts N2 Mafia/SK

    Got no reason to believe they weren't another vig kill, right? It's probably slightly unlikely that we only have one conditional kill on the village side (plus the vote, which itself is conditional on actually passing 50%). So really it's "Mafia/SK/Vig?" I think

    I was working under the assumption that the Vig and the SK have conditional kills. If you want to assume there is a fourth kill, you may, but I am holding to my 3 night killers predictions.

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I've really never been to hush hush about my special role. Inigo Montoya hasn't always been my avatar.

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    Auralynx
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    In fact, I am now pretty confident that Magicprime is either the SK because wow is that the most SK defense I've ever read. A mafia who flipped around their power to sound village. Or a villager that is super OP. Based on what I am seeing this game, I don't believe there are any super OP anything.

    I don't follow the bold. What's the mafia power you're saying he flipped around?

    I can see a mafia having an ability that is basically: If you die to the vote then kill a random person on the wagon. That feels very mafia-like. Any mafia would definitely announce that power in public (because why not?) and then I can see MP adding on the "if I am killed by the mafia vig then one of them die, too" as a way to explain why they weren't immediately vigged by the mafia.

    I think its SK > Mafia > Village in order of likelihood of which faction gets that power.

    Thanks, that's much clearer!

  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I've really never been to hush hush about my special role. Inigo Montoya hasn't always been my avatar.

    I mean why would you? You claim your role basically means that no one should try and kill you.

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    Kilnaga D1 Vote
    Cythraul N1 Mafia
    WACriminal D2 Vote
    corvidae N2 Mafia/SK
    Green N2 Vig?
    Grunt's Ghosts N2 Mafia/SK

    Got no reason to believe they weren't another vig kill, right? It's probably slightly unlikely that we only have one conditional kill on the village side (plus the vote, which itself is conditional on actually passing 50%). So really it's "Mafia/SK/Vig?" I think

    I was working under the assumption that the Vig and the SK have conditional kills. If you want to assume there is a fourth kill, you may, but I am holding to my 3 night killers predictions.

    I think you misunderstood. Or maybe not...

    Why are you saying there's a SK? Do you have insider knowledge?

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    You all have a fundamental misunderstanding of the kills. I was bonded with corvidae. Now I am alone, no longer comforted by the presence of another, always behind me, always watching, either in the bushes or outside my window. Where once there was two, now just one. Alone.

    Actually:
    Keywords. Now.
    I've been sending messages to people with specific code words in quotes and all caps.
    If you're actually Corv's lover she should have shared at least one of the two I sent her with you via your lover PMs.

    Please state one of the two keywords in my prior message, or some other confirmation that corv relayed parts of my message to you privately.

    In quotes and caps? There's lots of things in quotes. Your messages apparently aren't terribly clear, or are getting scrambled

    Called her being a lover a fraud, talked about "Sane"-ness didn't spell dead correctly when talking about GG. "MAF"

    "Good luck. Have fun" ?

    I don't have exact text, and she mentioned that it was awful to parse and piece together.

    That is an unfortunate but accurate reading of my post.
    FRAUD was actually meant to be her keyword.
    I also thought GG was mafia if he didn't die that night.
    Only thing that was interpreted correctly was Good luck. It was meant to be good luck high five.

    So yea.
    You were her lover.

    @corvidae sorry for trying to cram too much into 100 characters.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    In fact, I am now pretty confident that Magicprime is either the SK because wow is that the most SK defense I've ever read. A mafia who flipped around their power to sound village. Or a villager that is super OP. Based on what I am seeing this game, I don't believe there are any super OP anything.

    I don't follow the bold. What's the mafia power you're saying he flipped around?

    I can see a mafia having an ability that is basically: If you die to the vote then kill a random person on the wagon. That feels very mafia-like. Any mafia would definitely announce that power in public (because why not?) and then I can see MP adding on the "if I am killed by the mafia vig then one of them die, too" as a way to explain why they weren't immediately vigged by the mafia.

    I think its SK > Mafia > Village in order of likelihood of which faction gets that power.

    Thanks, that's much clearer!

    In turn, after my reveal it would make sense for the mafia to try to start a village bandwagon on me.

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    In fact, I am now pretty confident that Magicprime is either the SK because wow is that the most SK defense I've ever read. A mafia who flipped around their power to sound village. Or a villager that is super OP. Based on what I am seeing this game, I don't believe there are any super OP anything.

    I don't follow the bold. What's the mafia power you're saying he flipped around?

    I can see a mafia having an ability that is basically: If you die to the vote then kill a random person on the wagon. That feels very mafia-like. Any mafia would definitely announce that power in public (because why not?) and then I can see MP adding on the "if I am killed by the mafia vig then one of them die, too" as a way to explain why they weren't immediately vigged by the mafia.

    I think its SK > Mafia > Village in order of likelihood of which faction gets that power.

    Thanks, that's much clearer!

    In turn, after my reveal it would make sense for the mafia to try to start a village bandwagon on me.

    Its almost unbelievable how immune you are to literally everything, huh?

    No reason for anyone to want to vote you out and if anyone tries to vig you then they get to die as well... No one dare to try and vote Magicprime or else you look mafia! Also, he won't be killed by the mafia because they would die too!

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    In fact, I am now pretty confident that Magicprime is either the SK because wow is that the most SK defense I've ever read. A mafia who flipped around their power to sound village. Or a villager that is super OP. Based on what I am seeing this game, I don't believe there are any super OP anything.

    I don't follow the bold. What's the mafia power you're saying he flipped around?

    I can see a mafia having an ability that is basically: If you die to the vote then kill a random person on the wagon. That feels very mafia-like. Any mafia would definitely announce that power in public (because why not?) and then I can see MP adding on the "if I am killed by the mafia vig then one of them die, too" as a way to explain why they weren't immediately vigged by the mafia.

    I think its SK > Mafia > Village in order of likelihood of which faction gets that power.

    Thanks, that's much clearer!

    In turn, after my reveal it would make sense for the mafia to try to start a village bandwagon on me.

    Its almost unbelievable how immune you are to literally everything, huh?

    No reason for anyone to want to vote you out and if anyone tries to vig you then they get to die as well... No one dare to try and vote Magicprime or else you look mafia! Also, he won't be killed by the mafia because they would die too!

    As I've said, he's been consistent with this.
    Before his reveal he was worried that his discussion of proper vig targetting would lead to the vig targetting him.
    I don't think the mafia or SK would be so forward thinking as to plant that concern some days before his reveal.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Been catching up on the thread, just read GG"s "insane seer" reveal... he says both that "anyone who is insane is a vanillager" and "any results would be wrong/false positives". And then Aura said his power doesn't seem to be doing anything so he thinks he might be insane.

    Can anyone confirm if insane means "no power" or "power works differently than it says"?

    Obi's remarks about MP's power being OP make sense, but MP is also acting like he's telling the truth..... Maybe he's insane and both are right?

Sign In or Register to comment.