As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    A lot of times I will mistakenly refer to the village as a we.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    and fwiw, there is more to that Magicprime vote than meets the eye

You should probably share, then?

Its time sensitive. So I will share tomorrow.

MagicPrime's claim is consistent with his prior posting history of not wanting to be vigged.
    So I don't believe this, and instead think you just want a random villager to bite it when MP gets voted out.

I really really really wish I could just PM you right now

And noww you start acting like you're piecing things together.

el oh el

yes, wanting to talk to you in private totally means I've pieced things together

No

it just means I wish I could tell you what I'm doing in private so you don't ruin it by doing what you are doing

Like I completely agree that the lack of a kill history is crap, but we can't just lay down and die. And that's been precisely the attitude I've been seeing you proselytising so far this game.

I haven't been saying to just lay down and die. I was annoyed after the first night when I realized we wouldn't be getting ANY info post death. Yeah, I kind of sat down during day 2 and pouted while trying to listen to the active players to see if there was some way I could help. Today, I've been letting people who love "piecing things together" do their thing, while I simultaneously try and do something that I think will work, only to be told to not do that thing and instead I should be more like discrider.

No.
    You should be more like Obifett.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

MagicPrime's claim is consistent with his prior posting history of not wanting to be vigged.
    So I don't believe this, and instead think you just want a random villager to bite it when MP gets voted out.

el oh el

yes, wanting to talk to you in private totally means I've pieced things together

No

it just means I wish I could tell you what I'm doing in private so you don't ruin it by doing what you are doing

Like I completely agree that the lack of a kill history is crap, but we can't just lay down and die. And that's been precisely the attitude I've been seeing you proselytising so far this game.

I haven't been saying to just lay down and die. I was annoyed after the first night when I realized we wouldn't be getting ANY info post death. Yeah, I kind of sat down during day 2 and pouted while trying to listen to the active players to see if there was some way I could help. Today, I've been letting people who love "piecing things together" do their thing, while I simultaneously try and do something that I think will work, only to be told to not do that thing and instead I should be more like discrider.

No.

Discrider - Why aren't you piecing things together and shit?!
    ObiFett - Uh, that's not my thing. I like to be a proto-Infidel. Speaking of that, there is more to my vote.
    Discrider - Bullshit there is more to your vote.
    ObiFett - There is, but you are ruining it
    Discrider - Oh, now you are trying to be like me, riiiight
    ObiFett - Uh, I am not. I am doing my thing, but for some reason am being slammed for not being like you.
    Discrider - No, I want you to be you, which to me is piecing thing together and shit. So why aren't you piecing things together and shit?!

:rotate:

• Options

el oh el

No

No.

ObiFett - Uh, that's not my thing. I like to be a proto-Infidel. Speaking of that, there is more to my vote.
    ObiFett - Uh, I am not. I am doing my thing, but for some reason am being slammed for not being like you.
    Discrider - No, I want you to be you, which to me is piecing thing together and shit. So why aren't you piecing things together and shit?!

You spent a game trying to get a code out of youtube videos and going slowly insane.
    How is that not piecing things things together and shit.

• Options
    edited October 2016

el oh el

No

No.

You spent a game trying to get a code out of youtube videos and going slowly insane.

I was literally village nethead with a ton of unique responsibility/knowledge plus the ability and power to work behind the scenes AND I COULDN'T DIE. I mean who wouldn't have fun with that?

There is no chance to gain knowledge here from behind the scenes and it turns out my power might not even work! On top of that, my normal power of rooting out the mafia through voting records and poking people is useless since I won't ever know if I am right or wrong.

This is a completely different situation. Like night and freaking day. Go find a game where I was a normal villager and compare it to this, I sincerely doubt my playstyle is any different. If it is, then I guess vote me out or whatever for not contributing like you want me to.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    discrider is giving me mafia vibes here.

• Options

el oh el

No

No.

I was literally village nethead with a ton of unique responsibility/knowledge plus the ability and power to work behind the scenes AND I COULDN'T DIE. I mean who wouldn't have fun with that?

There is no chance to gain knowledge here from behind the scenes and it turns out my power might not even work! On top of that, my normal power of rooting out the mafia through voting records and poking people is useless since I won't ever know if I am right or wrong.

This is a completely different situation. Like night and freaking day. Go find a game where I was a normal villager and compare it to this, I sincerely doubt my playstyle is any different. If it is, then I guess vote me out or whatever for not contributing like you want me to.

Nah.
    This argument has been more me and you than the rest of the days.
    So back on MrT

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I actually don't remember why Gizzy-now-MrT is being voted. I just did for the giggles of voting for the replacement, since it's still super early in the day.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Okay.
    I probably lost the first two people I messaged the first night.
    I'm going to assume Green was Corv's partner for no reason at all, aside that there were three kills last night when the night before there had been one.
    And I think that's because someone tripped Corv's 2 for 1 (or perhaps puppetry?).
    No one who has dies is "scum"

Sounds about right.

My current list of suspects because all my power lets me do is speculate more during the night, and I don't know how that helps anybody:

Brody - Village fatigue inactivity?
    Gizzy -- withdrawn now MrT
    Auralynx
    ObiFett - argues like village Obi
    AustinP0027 - claimed vig
    MamaWolf
    Raiden333
    Preda -- withdrawn now Burnage
    Moridin889 - corv pair?
    kime

Which is what, half of you or something.

Amended Duna

discrider on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Gizzy wrote: »
    If I pare off Brody for inactivity reasons, then Gizzy's on top of the list due to her insistence that the totally not mafia dream GG received would come into play on later days.
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Maybe what can't be trusted in narration applies to a future day. Perhaps the sender has knowledge of a Mafia ability to alter narration.
    I don't buy that one player would both have my ability to send messages at night, and also insider knowledge about the game.
    I didn't get that!
    So instead I think it's a mafia player that has that ability as well, and I feel like this post was trying to capitalise on that fake dream.

I wasn't insisting anything here, Just speculating, along with other folks who were speculating, what the dream could mean.

This was why I was voting Gizzy.
    Because she seemed to be creating reasons as to how the dream GG got could still be accurate, even though I think at this point I had voiced my opinion that it was a mafia message and the host had confirmed the current narration.

She's also on my list of perhaps-mafias-because-everyone-not-on-the-list-is-probably-village.

So, weak reason + process of elimination on my end.

Although my list of possible mafia is getting sort of small at this point. There's probably like four of them and I think my list is at six?

Edit: Actually host confirmation and my rejection of the message both came after Gizzy's post here, so she was throwing up potential reasons before it became clear the narration that night could be trusted.

discrider on
  • Options
    The question now is: Does village discrider normally change his mind and back off like that? Or is that more of mafia discrider move, backing off because the Burnage vote made him afraid its putting the spotlight on him a bit too much?

I'm keeping my vote on Magicprime because of:
    1) Being on the horrible WACriminal wagon - voting out an inactive is the worst, easiest, laziest vote because they won't defend themselves which is exactly what mafia want and the player is already going to die due to inactivus anyways. Additionally, you prevent the host from finding a replacement that could very well be an important role for the village.
    2) Being the third+ on the wagon, which is the magic number for when mafia feel comfortable jumping on lazy and dumb wagons.
    3) Magically having a role that makes the everyone not want to vote him out and simultaneously explain why the mafia would not want to vig him. Is that just convenient or the most OP power in this type of game? You decide!

• Options
    In fact, I am now pretty confident that Magicprime is either the SK because wow is that the most SK defense I've ever read. A mafia who flipped around their power to sound village. Or a villager that is super OP. Based on what I am seeing this game, I don't believe there are any super OP anything.

• Options
    Can someone quote magic's reveal for me, I don't have time to hunt the thread for the specifics on his "power."

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Can someone quote magic's reveal for me, I don't have time to hunt the thread for the specifics on his "power."

Basically if he dies, then the source of the kill takes a hit as well.

So like if we vote him out, then someone at random who voted for him dies too. If the mafia kill him, then one of them die at random.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    You all have a fundamental misunderstanding of the kills. I was bonded with corvidae. Now I am alone, no longer comforted by the presence of another, always behind me, always watching, either in the bushes or outside my window. Where once there was two, now just one. Alone.

• Options
    Kilnaga D1 Vote
    Cythraul N1 Mafia
    WACriminal D2 Vote
    corvidae N2 Mafia/SK
    Green N2 Vig?
    Grunt's Ghosts N2 Mafia/SK

• Options
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    You all have a fundamental misunderstanding of the kills. I was bonded with corvidae. Now I am alone, no longer comforted by the presence of another, always behind me, always watching, either in the bushes or outside my window. Where once there was two, now just one. Alone.

!!!
    This is what I originally thought due to you and her acting in concert.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    In fact, I am now pretty confident that Magicprime is either the SK because wow is that the most SK defense I've ever read. A mafia who flipped around their power to sound village. Or a villager that is super OP. Based on what I am seeing this game, I don't believe there are any super OP anything.

I don't follow the bold. What's the mafia power you're saying he flipped around?

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Wow, I am going to vote ObiFett for no other reason than personal vengeance.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options

Actually:
    Keywords. Now.
    I've been sending messages to people with specific code words in quotes and all caps.
    If you're actually Corv's lover she should have shared at least one of the two I sent her with you via your lover PMs.

Please state one of the two keywords in my prior message, or some other confirmation that corv relayed parts of my message to you privately.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Kilnaga D1 Vote
    Cythraul N1 Mafia
    WACriminal D2 Vote
    corvidae N2 Mafia/SK
    Green N2 Vig?

Got no reason to believe they weren't another vig kill, right? It's probably slightly unlikely that we only have one conditional kill on the village side (plus the vote, which itself is conditional on actually passing 50%). So really it's "Mafia/SK/Vig?" I think

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular

Which then means a third kill appearing. So probably a SK now, maybe an every other night kill?

• Options
    JPants wrote: »

I don't follow the bold. What's the mafia power you're saying he flipped around?

Invert his declared power probably.

• Options

Actually:
    Keywords. Now.
    I've been sending messages to people with specific code words in quotes and all caps.
    If you're actually Corv's lover she should have shared at least one of the two I sent her with you via your lover PMs.

Please state one of the two keywords in my prior message, or some other confirmation that corv relayed parts of my message to you privately.

Clever :D

Steam profile
  • Options

Invert his declared power probably.

I mean I got that implication, I just can't see what the invert of his claimed power (revenge kill) is.

• Options

Actually:
    Keywords. Now.

In quotes and caps? There's lots of things in quotes. Your messages apparently aren't terribly clear, or are getting scrambled

Called her being a lover a fraud, talked about "Sane"-ness didn't spell dead correctly when talking about GG. "MAF"

"Good luck. Have fun" ?

I don't have exact text, and she mentioned that it was awful to parse and piece together.

• Options
    How would that work? If the Village kills me a mafia dies? and if the mafia kills me a townie dies?

• Options

I can see a mafia having an ability that is basically: If you die to the vote then kill a random person on the wagon. That feels very mafia-like. Any mafia would definitely announce that power in public (because why not?) and then I can see MP adding on the "if I am killed by the mafia vig then one of them die, too" as a way to explain why they weren't immediately vigged by the mafia.

I think its SK > Mafia > Village in order of likelihood of which faction gets that power.

• Options
    edited October 2016

Actually:
    Keywords. Now.

In quotes and caps? There's lots of things in quotes. Your messages apparently aren't terribly clear, or are getting scrambled

Called her being a lover a fraud, talked about "Sane"-ness didn't spell dead correctly when talking about GG. "MAF"

"Good luck. Have fun" ?

I don't have exact text, and she mentioned that it was awful to parse and piece together.

That is an unfortunate but accurate reading of my post.
    FRAUD was actually meant to be her keyword.
    I also thought GG was mafia if he didn't die that night.
    Only thing that was interpreted correctly was Good luck. It was meant to be good luck high five.

So yea.
    You were her lover.

discrider on
  • Options
    Hopefully last night's message is easier to read :/

• Options
    Kilnaga D1 Vote
    Cythraul N1 Mafia
    WACriminal D2 Vote
    corvidae N2 Mafia/SK
    Green N2 Vig?

Got no reason to believe they weren't another vig kill, right? It's probably slightly unlikely that we only have one conditional kill on the village side (plus the vote, which itself is conditional on actually passing 50%). So really it's "Mafia/SK/Vig?" I think

I was working under the assumption that the Vig and the SK have conditional kills. If you want to assume there is a fourth kill, you may, but I am holding to my 3 night killers predictions.

• Options
    I've really never been to hush hush about my special role. Inigo Montoya hasn't always been my avatar.

• Options

I can see a mafia having an ability that is basically: If you die to the vote then kill a random person on the wagon. That feels very mafia-like. Any mafia would definitely announce that power in public (because why not?) and then I can see MP adding on the "if I am killed by the mafia vig then one of them die, too" as a way to explain why they weren't immediately vigged by the mafia.

I think its SK > Mafia > Village in order of likelihood of which faction gets that power.

Thanks, that's much clearer!

• Options
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I've really never been to hush hush about my special role. Inigo Montoya hasn't always been my avatar.

I mean why would you? You claim your role basically means that no one should try and kill you.

• Options
    Kilnaga D1 Vote
    Cythraul N1 Mafia
    WACriminal D2 Vote
    corvidae N2 Mafia/SK
    Green N2 Vig?

I was working under the assumption that the Vig and the SK have conditional kills. If you want to assume there is a fourth kill, you may, but I am holding to my 3 night killers predictions.

I think you misunderstood. Or maybe not...

Why are you saying there's a SK? Do you have insider knowledge?

Steam profile
  • Options

Actually:
    Keywords. Now.

"Good luck. Have fun" ?

That is an unfortunate but accurate reading of my post.
    FRAUD was actually meant to be her keyword.
    I also thought GG was mafia if he didn't die that night.
    Only thing that was interpreted correctly was Good luck. It was meant to be good luck high five.

So yea.
    You were her lover.

@corvidae sorry for trying to cram too much into 100 characters.

• Options

In turn, after my reveal it would make sense for the mafia to try to start a village bandwagon on me.

• Options

In turn, after my reveal it would make sense for the mafia to try to start a village bandwagon on me.

Its almost unbelievable how immune you are to literally everything, huh?

No reason for anyone to want to vote you out and if anyone tries to vig you then they get to die as well... No one dare to try and vote Magicprime or else you look mafia! Also, he won't be killed by the mafia because they would die too!

• Options

Its almost unbelievable how immune you are to literally everything, huh?

No reason for anyone to want to vote you out and if anyone tries to vig you then they get to die as well... No one dare to try and vote Magicprime or else you look mafia! Also, he won't be killed by the mafia because they would die too!

As I've said, he's been consistent with this.
    Before his reveal he was worried that his discussion of proper vig targetting would lead to the vig targetting him.
    I don't think the mafia or SK would be so forward thinking as to plant that concern some days before his reveal.

• Options
    Been catching up on the thread, just read GG"s "insane seer" reveal... he says both that "anyone who is insane is a vanillager" and "any results would be wrong/false positives". And then Aura said his power doesn't seem to be doing anything so he thinks he might be insane.

Can anyone confirm if insane means "no power" or "power works differently than it says"?

Obi's remarks about MP's power being OP make sense, but MP is also acting like he's telling the truth..... Maybe he's insane and both are right?