As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A speck of dust appears on my monitor. Wait, it's actually on the forums?

I swear this wasn't here a few days ago, but a small mark has appeared between the Quote and Agree buttons in every post. I've copy+pasted it right here: · According to a quick wiki search, it is a "middle dot."

Should be highlightable from anyone's post, including this one.

I'm using Chrome on Win10 if that makes any difference.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I can see it, you're not crazy! (about this)

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    One grey pixel, yeah.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    This is deliberate. It separates reactions from tools. On mod screens there's one separating logs as well.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    And it's a recent addition, right?

Not that I'm aware of.

...How come I never noticed it until now?

This is going to be my personal Berenstain/Barenstein Bears, isn't it.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    ...How come I never noticed it until now?

This is going to be my personal Berenstain/Barenstein Bears, isn't it.

Not anymore now that the rest of us aren't going to be able to unsee it.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I wonder if you never noticed it before because the buttons would auto-hide? It seems they may not be doing that anymore.

Also, strangely, would it be "less" noticeable if it were bigger? Having it be such a tiny middle dot does look kinda/sorta out of place and like a pixel going bad, as opposed to the larger icon flanking it. By having it be a more solid part of the UI, and used to separate off whatever next batch of reactions we get, it would make it feel more natural?

I'm not a UI designer or a psychologist, btw.. just.. thinking about how I'd go about adjusting it to be less distracting.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    We would have to pay a guy to do that, I don't see it happening.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Not sure how much of a headache this would be, but, would it be possible for a few of us to submit fixes for the official stylesheet when this stuff happens? Not that the small dot needs a fix in particular.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited October 2016
    No, but you can do your own stylesheet.

If there's actual bugs we can get those fixed but 95% of things that people want changed aren't bugs.

Tube on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I fully get it and understand. :)

... Hmm. Patreon for the forums?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    It's fine, we have money. I'm just not spending it on airbrushing a dot out of our theme.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    BRB, off to @Athenor 's house to plant/hide random tiny dots everywhere, weeks later we find they've gone utterly insane. :P :snap:

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    BRB, off to Athenor 's house to plant/hide random tiny dots everywhere, weeks later we find they've gone utterly insane. :P :snap:

There's a reason I don't do UI design.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    It's fine, we have money. I'm just not spending it on airbrushing a dot out of our theme.

What about spending it on the dot slowly growing larger every few weeks, and never acknowledging that it's growing larger?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    I swear this wasn't here a few days ago, but a small mark has appeared between the Quote and Agree buttons in every post. I've copy+pasted it right here: · According to a quick wiki search, it is a "middle dot."

Should be highlightable from anyone's post, including this one.

I'm using Chrome on Win10 if that makes any difference.

Uhm...

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Uhm...

It was inevitable. Just let the robots have the planet.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    @DOG

SMOKESTACKS BARADA NIKTO

Vanilla are testing the quote bug

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    That is a pretty funny quote link though. Good choice Dog.

This discussion has been closed.