As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Link's crossbow training- with special guest Tingle!

• Joshua368Joshua368 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    METAzraeL wrote: »
    They need to make a zapper game that's just shooting tingle. He could explode into showers of blood and pain!

This game looks interesting, anyone know how the multi is?

Also, I seem to be the only person here completely disinterested in this game. Hmm.

Joshua368 on
    58.png
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    wait, wait, wait...

2 player in crossbow training or no?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Joshua368Joshua368 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Figgy wrote: »
    wait, wait, wait...

2 player in crossbow training or no?

Alternating only.

Joshua368 on
    58.png
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    NYKO RECHARGE GRIPS DONT FIT INTO THE WII ZAPPER!

im pissed

delphinus on
  • BoxBox Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    bruin wrote: »
    I almost bought it on a whim today, but I just got Rock Band and Mass Effect so I stopped myself. I've heard it might be in short supply though, I hope it's still in stock later when I want it. Might pick it up in the meantime just in case.

Is it not going to come with the free game in the next shipment or something?

Box on
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    delphinus wrote: »

im pissed

I'm glad I didn't waste my money on those then. Rubberized grips are for girls anyway.

YodaTuna on
  • FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    YodaTuna wrote: »

im pissed

I'm glad I didn't waste my money on those then. Rubberized grips are for girls anyway.
    Are they ribbed?

FreddyD on
  • UltravisitorUltravisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    FreddyD wrote: »

im pissed

Are they ribbed?

For our pleasure 8-)

Ultravisitor on
    flcl1-1.jpg
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    seems like a perfect game to get as a gift.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Variable wrote: »
    seems like a perfect game to get as a gift.

I'm gifting this out to someone else actually, but I'll be buying my own copy later on too.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

im pissed

Are they ribbed?

yes
    and all you have to do is take off the battery cover and it fits. it's not like your going to leave the wimote in there permanently.

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Box wrote: »
    bruin wrote: »
    I almost bought it on a whim today, but I just got Rock Band and Mass Effect so I stopped myself. I've heard it might be in short supply though, I hope it's still in stock later when I want it. Might pick it up in the meantime just in case.

Is it not going to come with the free game in the next shipment or something?

I see that as a possibility. I mean people will want multiple zappers and if they don't include the game I can see it going for 10 bucks.

I really like the mechanics the game utilizes. The boss fights were awesome. If Nintendo made a full game out of this ( Like Time Crisis or something) where you wander around TP hyrule and complete challenges( which honestly couldn't have been that expsensive to implement in THIS game ) I would buy it. As it stands it's a nice diversion after Galaxy and pre Umbrella chronicles.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I really wish there was a setting with Z as the fire button. My right hand is my trigger finger, and the Zapper just feels awkward to hold. Perhaps I'll try again with the Nunchuk hanging loose.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This is probably a stupid question but does the game in the zapper come in a normal game case, or in a sleeve like Wii Sports?

My damn OCD wants to know.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This is probably a stupid question but does the game in the zapper come in a normal game case, or in a sleeve like Wii Sports?

hahaha, Europe got a case with Wii Sports.

The balance is finally redressed!

LewieP on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

From what I've seen on the interwebs it comes in a sleeve.
    I hope Europe gets a real box like with Wii Sports.

EDIT: Judging from the boxart on Wiki, it looks like we will.

Peewi on
    edited November 2007
    Hmm...I wonder if I could just buy a PAL case for sports and this game somewhere.

The Dude With Herpes on

• yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hmm...I wonder if I could just buy a PAL case for sports and this game somewhere.

The cover for Wii Sports DVD version is up somewhere, guaranteed. Just get the cheapest Wii game around(or buy a blank case from Nintendo), toss the stuff into it, print out the label, call it a day.

There'll be a custom cover for this within a few weeks.

yalborap on
    edited November 2007
    yalborap wrote: »

The cover for Wii Sports DVD version is up somewhere, guaranteed. Just get the cheapest Wii game around(or buy a blank case from Nintendo), toss the stuff into it, print out the label, call it a day.

There already is one. Here it is. For the case, you could always buy a Wii points card and use the case from that.

Peewi on
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Peewi wrote: »

There already is one. Here it is. For the case, you could always buy a Wii points card and use the case from that.

Your Wii Points cards come in Wii game cases?

mntorankusu on
    edited November 2007

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Hell, I just buy my points online, but my recollection of the cards in stores they're in CD cases.

Blockbuster or Hollywood Video might sell old Wii cases, they sometimes sell old cases for DVDs video games.

EDIT: That site has some pretty nice inserts, for Sports too. I need to find some Wii cases somewhere now.

EDIT2: Ebay has em. Not cheap though. :(

The Dude With Herpes on

• Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Hell, I just buy my points online, but my recollection of the cards in stores they're in CD cases.

Blockbuster or Hollywood Video might sell old Wii cases, they sometimes sell old cases for DVDs video games.

EDIT: That site has some pretty nice inserts, for Sports too. I need to find some Wii cases somewhere now.

EDIT2: Ebay has em. Not cheap though. :(

I work at a radio station where we had a stack of Terry Fox movie DVDs to give away. They came in a white case. When hardly any of them were picked up by winners I grabbed one and swapped the case, went to The Cover Project, selected a Wii Sports cover (Of the dozens of choices) and hit print. A little sizing work and it was good to go. Easy Peasy. Looks like I'll be doing that again with this game.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

edited November 2007

Yours doesn't?

Peewi on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Yours doesn't?

Ours come in the devil's plastic.

yalborap on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    grim123 wrote: »

im pissed

Are they ribbed?

yes
    and all you have to do is take off the battery cover and it fits. it's not like your going to leave the wimote in there permanently.

Yeah, just take the cover off. It's what I did.

And this game is surprisingly addictive. Not Galaxy-addictive, mind you. But it's pretty fun.

THERE JUST NEEDS TO BE MORE OF IT.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    And now for the best part: Re-trying all of my other Wii games with the Zapper to see how it works. I'm sure some games will be awesome. Can you imagine rescuing a patient in Trauma Center with a gun?

Djiem on
    edited November 2007
    Rise from the ashes!

I grabbed this yesterday, and for the price, it's a damn good deal. Very short, but still pretty cool. Way better than Wii Play. The zapper itself is pretty cool, but it's a little small. My trigger hand was actually pretty sore afterwards, because the damn 'chuk holding piece doesn't let you hold the front part from behind, like a normal gun, and you have to come at it from the side. Weird wrist bendy thing going on.

Also, I really don't get the confusion of which hand goes where. Don't most people use the nunchuk with thier left and the remote with thier right? Why would you change that now?

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

• MarvellousMMarvellousM United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What's with all the bad reviews for this game? Its FREE. Not as bad as the poor reviews for Wii Sports, but it seems like reviewers take this shit too seriously sometimes. Its fun, its not going to win any awards, but its FREE.

MarvellousM on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm gonna be honest, I bought the Zapper solely so I could get the game. It was a good purchase.

SirUltimos on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    I'm gonna be honest, I bought the Zapper solely so I could get the game. It was a good purchase.

Same here.

It's still too short, though. All it does is make me want a full Zelda lightgun game.

I can't believe I just typed that. A Zelda lightgun game? Oh, Nintendo. What can't you make me want?

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Also, I really don't get the confusion of which hand goes where. Don't most people use the nunchuk with thier left and the remote with thier right? Why would you change that now?

maybe because people hold the trigger (rear) end of normal guns with their good hand? 1 year of wii-moting hasn't changed generations of real gunning.

Basically, I change the setup so my good hand is on the zapper trigger as long as the game allows it and the game is on rails (no movement via chuck necessary).

p.s. I do have to revers my hand positioning in that 1 link's level where you do have to move around

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • TrevorTrevor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My only two complaints with an otherwise neat as hell game are not that the game was short but that it was easy. I expected it to be short. I didn't expect to platinum all the levels either the first or second time. My second complaint was a lack of a way to sync the damn thing. I ended up having to tape my sensor bar right under my TV screen and moving the adjustment thing all the way down to get it to match up, and I'm still messing with the horizontal bar to get it to feel "right". Also, I discovered that for the majority of the games zooming wasn't needed, so I could just hold the zapper with both my hands on the Wiimote part of it and it felt more like a regular lightgun.

Trevor on
    edited November 2007
    Trevor wrote: »
    Also, I discovered that for the majority of the games zooming wasn't needed, so I could just hold the zapper with both my hands on the Wiimote part of it and it felt more like a regular lightgun.

not only that but was powering up shots ever needed?

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    of doom
  • TrevorTrevor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    KingMoo wrote: »
    not only that but was powering up shots ever needed?

I found it useful in a couple of occasions, but the fact you need to actually hit a target before you can charge means you either have to waste a couple seconds or plan way ahead between rounds of targets. In the end it usually ends up being more trouble than it's worth.

Trevor on
  • SmudgeSmudge Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I just don't get why anybody would want the wii zapper in the first place. Not for me I guess. This game would be easier to play without the goofy piece of plastic that puts the two controllers in awkward positions.

Nobody is making me buy it though, so it is just more options for those who DO want it. For those of you who DO like it, what do you think are the benefits are for using the zapper vs not using the zapper? I am just curious.

Does this post have a point? Nope, it does not look like it does...

Carry on!

Smudge on
    edited November 2007
    Smudge wrote: »
    I just don't get why anybody would want the wii zapper in the first place. Not for me I guess. This game would be easier to play without the goofy piece of plastic that puts the two controllers in awkward positions.

Nobody is making me buy it though, so it is just more options for those who DO want it. For those of you who DO like it, what do you think are the benefits are for using the zapper vs not using the zapper? I am just curious.

Carry on!

The only reason people should buy the Wii Zapper is for Crossbow Training. It's pretty decent, and definitely worth the 20 bucks. The Zapper is just something useless that comes with it. The game is actually easier without it, and I can't think of any redeeming qualities the shell has.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Carry on!

The only reason people should buy the Wii Zapper is for Crossbow Training. It's pretty decent, and definitely worth the 20 bucks. The Zapper is just something useless that comes with it. The game is actually easier without it, and I can't think of any redeeming qualities the shell has.

That sums it up nicely. It actually restricts movement! It completely contradicts the concepts the Wii introduces !

Frikkin lunacy.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    edited November 2007

Carry on!

That sums it up nicely. It actually restricts movement! It completely contradicts the concepts the Wii introduces !

Frikkin lunacy.

myself and 3 of my friends experience is that the zappers are totally awsome.
    most of our experience is based on 2-player / 4-player Ghost Squad

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    of doom
    edited November 2007
    KingMoo wrote: »

Carry on!

Frikkin lunacy.

myself and 3 of my friends experience is that the zappers are totally awsome.
    most of our experience is based on 2-player / 4-player Ghost Squad

Okay, but how would it be any worse without the zapper shell? I really doubt it would.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

• MrBeelzyMrBeelzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I like the zapper. It puts my wrist in a more natural position for pointing at the screen, and generally makes aiming easier. The only complaint I have it that you can't comfortably hold A for games like re4, otherwise it'd be great. I've been playing medal of honor with it and it works fine.

MrBeelzy on