As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Legion: I have sacrificed everything...

19899100101102104»

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    How do I get legendary gear? Do I need to run mythics?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Legendaires drop off Dungeon and Raid bosses and from the chests you get from Emissary dailies. I believe the Withered Training chests can drop them too.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Legendaries don't drop unless you are extremely lucky and get 1. Then you will get a ton of them.

Our GM has 3 legendaries, which is over half of the legendaries in our guild of 25-30 regular players because he got one when raids opened. Has gotten another one every week because it's still 100% broken.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I got one Legendary a month ago, I haven't seen another yet.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Yeah our guild has a half dozen people with legendaries, and they all have 2-3 each.

I knew I was going to hate this system from the moment it was announced, and hey it looks like I was right!

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Well, got Diplomat done. That was annoying. Got Explorer out of the way, only was missing Trueshot Lodge and that weird isle in Stormheim. Now, I guess that is poking Suramar to get Good Suramaritan.

Also, got the BRH pages archievement because a guildie invited me to spam Normal for it. Guildie didn't got it, which sucks. All the RNG on this expansion is starting to get annoying.

855 this week, it ain't bad, haven't gotten much in Mythic+, only done +2 for people. Slowly working my way to rank 25 because that's everything important in my artifact, 21 now.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I have Pathfinder part one now (love that it is account bound) and I've done tonsof mythics and lfr and emissaries and have never seen a legendary. Loot spec set to holy permanently just in case though.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I wish there was a way to filter all the "My key your carry" groups out of the group finder. Like 90% of groups are 840ish people with a +4/5 key looking for an 860+ group to carry them. I'm looking for an actual group, not someone who wants everyone else to do the work.

Like just typing +5 into my group finder gives me 8 groups, 6 of which have "my key your carry" in the title.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Got the Holy Paladin hidden appereance. Nice. Have a mog over it since I need to farm a recolor of my current mog (farmed White Tiger Heroic, now I want Normal), but got it.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I made the new thread after coordinating with Roe. You can find it here.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    I wish that weapon respecs were free. After about level 3 or 4 it's completely not worth it, and it seems like such an odd decision after getting to the point where talents and specializations are basically free respecs now.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind one free respec when you hit max level, since you probably screwed up your placement at some point when leveling unless you hewn exactly to a guide. Or have it come up as a rare champion mission.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Is there a portal to the hunter hall? It seems I have to take a flight point. Which costs gold! All my other high levels have portals or something.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Is there a portal to the hunter hall? It seems I have to take a flight point. Which costs gold! All my other high levels have portals or something.

There's a tauren on the opposite side of Krasus's Landing who'll give you a free instant eagle ride.

reVerse on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I made the new thread after coordinating with Roe. You can find it here.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Legendaries don't drop unless you are extremely lucky and get 1. Then you will get a ton of them.

Our GM has 3 legendaries, which is over half of the legendaries in our guild of 25-30 regular players because he got one when raids opened. Has gotten another one every week because it's still 100% broken.

I'm not so sure its 'broken'...We assume there is a pity timer built into legendaries (And blizzard has said there is, but no details)...They also said that the first raid was not tuned for people having a legendary, but the second raid will be. So Lets do the math.

Game came out on August 30th. Including today there has been potentially 41 days of play, realistically really 38-39 assuming at least 2-3 days to unlock world quests, gear for mythics. Blizzard probably is making the assumption of everyone doing the emmesary chest each day + mythics. We are going to make some assumptions.

Everyone starts out with a base 1% drop rate chance (or less), this goes up say, one percent a day if you did a minimum amount of attempts (at least an emmesary chest or at least a mythic..maybe both?). I assume that the release of the second raid is when the 1% chance hits 100% on an incremental scale. What may be broken is that its not resetting the pity timer after you get it, or the increment goes up more doing +3/4/5 mythics and people doing them at a high rate are increasing there chances much faster than everyone else.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Yeah our guild has a half dozen people with legendaries, and they all have 2-3 each.

I knew I was going to hate this system from the moment it was announced, and hey it looks like I was right!

counterpoint, while we have a couple of people with multiple legendaries (including one guy who has two on his main and one on his alt), most people in our guild just have the one, and we have about twenty people across two 30man raid teams who have one.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    My guild still has about 4 people with them out of 20 and 3 of those have multiples. Almost no drops this week. We all do multiple key runs a day and make sure to get EVERY emissary chest. We also clear plenty of raid bosses.

I have a strong feeling this is more like the average situation. I also fear for the "everyone to have one by the second raid" thing because it is looking like unless the pity timer really kicks in soon that isn't going to happen.

I am kind of convinced the original issue with the pity timer might not have been the only one.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Saw 2 drop in a pug normal last night to 2 different people, neither of whom had gotten legendaries before. They're out there, it happens.

If there is some kind of timer, we should see it kicking in at roughly the same time and see a huge influx of legendary drops, no?

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    These timewalking dungeons are depressingly easy and undertuned. I remember what heroics in BC were like, Blizzard. This is not it!

Ah well.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    The average player today is not nearly as skilled as the average player 10 years ago. We all saw how bad people were in the MC anniversary event, and people had been bashing MC for years up to that point saying it was faceroll easy. If Blizzard scaled these timewalking heroics to be as hard as heroics were in TBC, the average player wouldn't even be able to do them. It's hard enough to get dps to even kick things in dungeons right now, absolutely forget CCing 4/5 mobs and focusing one down at a time.

• Options
    I hear we're getting another round of Flame Wreath which should be hilarious yet again in karazahn. Is that going to have a dungeon/raid or just questing areas? I know the old raid is staying. Which is good, because I still need Attumen's mount.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    edited out because old thread

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Rotations now seem significantly easier than they used to be. At least, with Legion paring everyone down to 5-6 buttons+cooldowns.

• Options
    edited out because old thread

This discussion has been closed.