As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PbP] [OOC] 13th Age - Where is The Gold?

13»

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Ah okay then.

My attack would target the main boar then. I'll add an edit to specify that.

Also, pretty sure my 10 misses since Brody's 11 missed, so used Archery to take another shot.

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Did you want us to roll our saves or were you going to keep rolling those for us?

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Did you want us to roll our saves or were you going to keep rolling those for us?

I'm going to roll if you forget, but please try to do so yourself. If anyone isn't familiar with ongoing effects:

Ongoing Damage
    A creature (including PCs) taking ongoing damage takes that damage at the end of its turn immediately before it rolls its save (11+ unless otherwise specified) against that ongoing damage. Success with the save means the creature won’t take the damage again; failure means the effect will be repeated at the end of the creature’s next turn.

Also, each ongoing effect is its own roll. So if you get hit by 4 ongoing damage twice, you take 8 damage at the end of your turn, but before you roll saves; one for each 4 ongoing damage effect, 11+ ending it.

Carnarvon on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Astro, unless you have an ability that lets you rally as a quick action, you would have to forgo a normal action to do so.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Brody wrote: »
    Astro, unless you have an ability that lets you rally as a quick action, you would have to forgo a normal action to do so.

Occultists are weird, and spend a standard action to gain Focus, but all their spells are quick/interrupt actions. So, you can spend your focus to cast a spell, use a standard action to heal, and depending on the spell/feat/ability, keep your focus in some situations.

Oh, my bad then.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Does the ongoing damage stack?

Yes. You roll to save against each stack individually.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Geez. Good thing we had an AoE for the swarm.

I wrote my turn assuming 15 is a hit against MD. So, hopefully that's the case :biggrin: .

edited October 2016
    Apparently mooks are all separate entities with a unified healthpool. Meaning if you hit three mooks for 20 damage with a fireball, you do 60 damage to the whole, allowing you to kill mooks who aren't even in range of the spell. Neat.

THE GAME MASTER SHAMELESS PERFORMS SOME OPINION POLLING. We're almost two weeks in. How is everything going? I feel like we got through that combat pretty quickly, considering I missed a day. I'm certainly enjoying myself.

Carnarvon on
    I'm really enjoying it so far. Obviously its a little slow, and I get my hopes up every time I see I have a notification, but that's PbP for you.

Oh, also, am I still on fire?

I actually think it's moving pretty quickly, honestly. Normally, I feel like I'm waiting longer for posts from PbP games, so going pretty well in my opinion.

I'm enjoying it! Combat moved quickly for D20+PbP, which is a good sign. The big thing (which we've done a good job of so far, but we're also still in the high-momentum phase of the game) is to keep moving from scene to scene. If a scene slows down don't dilly-dally over whether or not everyone got to do what they wanted to do, just jump to the next big moment.

The corollary to this is that if there's something you want to do in a scene, do it. Don't wait for the perfect fictional positioning, just make it work.

Well I killed all those people.

Yeah, the pace so far has been great. I'm enjoying myself, even if I did pick a sort of pain in the butt character class for pbp-play.

astrobstrd wrote: »
    Yeah, the pace so far has been great. I'm enjoying myself, even if I did pick a sort of pain in the butt character class for pbp-play.

You could switch to any other magic class without changing too much backstory. Let me know if you're interested.

I'm really enjoying it so far. Obviously its a little slow, and I get my hopes up every time I see I have a notification, but that's PbP for you.

Oh, also, am I still on fire?

My last campaign has fights that would last over a week. That was 3.5, though. Also, no, you're able to pat yourself down at the end of the fight; save-ends effects automatically end after fights unless there's a good reason for it not to.

I may be out of power for a couple of days. If I'm slowing things down, please skip me.

Do we need to take a recovery to heal up or is the in between story going to let us do that automatically?

My understanding is that you can spend recoveries for free outside of combats.

Also, just so we're clear, I want intending on sacking the tents. But I won't complain about the results either.

Did I suffer any dmg from burning myself saving the guy? Says burned badly and want to incorporate that into my post if needed.

Also, just so we're clear, I want intending on sacking the tents. But I won't complain about the results either.

Collapsing buildings to prevent a fire from spreading is an actual thing. I figured if you were going inside to look for survivors, you probably thought to look for valuables as well (food, medicine). The magic weapon is just cake for a high roll.

Did I suffer any dmg from burning myself saving the guy? Says burned badly and want to incorporate that into my post if needed.

No. Painful, but not inhibiting to a veteran ranger.

Carnarvon wrote: »

Collapsing buildings to prevent a fire from spreading is an actual thing. I figured if you were going inside to look for survivors, you probably thought to look for valuables as well (food, medicine). The magic weapon is just cake for a high roll.

Oh for sure. I was debating between survivor search and tent tackling. I just wanted to make clear I wasn't doing the CE "search the dead bodies" type thing.

I think @AustinP0027 was the one who looked back into the camp for tracks. If we do turn and start looking back in camp, I'll probably try and keep an eye out for people who look suspicious.

Meant to @Carnarvon on that one as well.

Yeah I was just going to ask if I was the one able to help.

That's what I get for posting from my phone. For the most part, if you're trying to do something that has a chance of failure, feel free to roll without my input. Worst thing that happens is nothing happens, and it speeds things up.

What's the assist method?

Just roll wisdom also? or some special dice set?

I figured you would roll wis+background for tracking, and I would try and create something for searching the crowds.

We may need to find a player to replace Asuzan since @astrobstrd hasn't been online in a few weeks

I'm personally fine with three people, unless you guys feel the need for more people.

I'm good with it. Did I manage to find Belit with the magical beans?