As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX South 2017 Challenge Coin - Ordering Closed

RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
edited February 2017 in PAX South
Feb 14th Edit:

Thank you everyone who has ordered coins!!

Once again, this has been a great experience and I am happy that everyone has enjoyed the coins.

A few stats:

90 people purchased

145 Regular coins bought

208 Colour coins bought

$2,260 Spent

Nov 26th Edit:

Place your order for the PAX South 2017 Challenge Coin here:

Regular Challenge Coins cost: 5$ USD

Colour Challenge Coins cost 6$ USD

Shipping

UNITED STATES RESIDENTS:
Have the coins mailed to you within the US.
Shipping costing $3 USD for 1 to 3 coins, and $4 USD for 4 to 6 coins. Shipping for 7+ coins is $6 USD.

INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTS (outside of the US):
Have the coins mailed to you directly from the US.
Shipping costing $15 USD for 1 to 6 coins. Shipping for 7+ coins is $31 USD.

Once you have selected your preferred method and number of coins please send your full payment to kiddercorp@comcast.net via PayPal.

You must make your payment first so you can add the transaction ID on the order form

Nov 16th Edit:

dzg8n4gdsnyo.jpg
1ynzcl8p4fen.jpg

Nov 8th Edit:

Second Round of Proofs!

rc8w74lawawy.jpg
w3qg2xkg378s.jpg

Nov 4th Edit:

First Round of Proofs!
qeet3b151cvu.jpg
tm6idrwivhzd.jpg

Nov 2nd Edit:

Link for the Interest Sheet!

https://goo.gl/forms/p7HzV8hZl1j7euxH2

October 29th Edit:
Results from the latest poll!!

but1satkcnr1.png

Finishes:

Black Nickel (2 votes)
Gold (2 Votes)
Silver (1 Vote)
Sandblasting (4 Votes)
Antique Silver (4 Votes)
Antique Copper (3 Votes)
Antique Bronze (2 Votes)

October 20th Edit:
We have decided on the konami code for our gaming side

The mock up I've made looks like this:

yxgnfsi9z9b3.png

But, we'll have the artist play around with it.

Also, there is a new poll for other parts of the coin!

Poll closes in a week!

https://goo.gl/forms/JhXznlO4hDXVTCnk1

October 7th Edit:
Votes are in and the location side will look more or less like this:

24eocf6qphye.png

October 3rd Edit:
Please vote here for the location for the 2017 coin!

Hello all! It is about that time of year again (a bit early really, but I am going camping this weekend, so we're going to start now) to discuss the PAX South 2017 Challenge Coin!!!!!

Last year, PAX South pioneered the use of colour on coins, which lead to both East and West adopting colour coins as well.

Last year, we had a reeded edge, a gold finish, and was a 1.75 inch size. Our location was (Remember) The Alamo and the gaming side was gaming dice, which you can see here.

I am open to any suggestions on the aspects of the coin. We can also decide to do two coins again or just regular or just colour.

For those who do not know about the PAX Challenge Coin tradition, you can check it out here: http://wiki.paxcommunity.net/paxwiki/PAX_Challenge_Coin

Last year, I invited people to submit photos for a chance to win a coin. Only two did and both were of the convention center. The convention center is a great idea, expecially since we will be able to use all of the new space this year, but I am open to other ideas as well.

So, from now until 8pm CST Sunday evening, you can message me an image from San Antonio that you feel would make a good image for the location side of the coin. I will then set up a poll.

Another thing I was thinking about was having an option to donate money (suggested 1$ per coin) to Child's Play when you buy your coins. I'm not 100% sure how it would work, but if interested, I can speak with Kiddercorp and with Child's Play about it.

But yes, I am excited to be running this years Challenge Coin and I look forward to the next 119 days until PAX South!!

OtyHMcu.jpg
RILMS on

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'm going to use my powers of the first response to demand that Whataburger grace one side of the coin this year.

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    I'm supportive of the idea of the new side of the convention center (since we finally get to use it!). I wish the coin could emphasize the detail of the ribbon on the top of the building, but that's probably asking a lot.

The Whataburger A-frame is an amusing choice.

Could also do the Riverwalk and/or a touring boat.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    Don't forget to submit photos :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • BadCrumpanyBadCrumpany Registered User regular
    Glad you are heading it up again, Rilms. You did an awesome job last year and the coins looked great. The dice pic was really nice last year but I would be thrilled to see some type of video game element on there too this year. Either way, I'm sure they are going to be sweet.

Hello all! I have created a survey for the location side of things.

Please submit your vote here: https://goo.gl/forms/9TTmLzRTzogSitNW2

If there is enough demand for something other than the convention center for the coin, we can redo the poll later on.

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • bierfellowbierfellow Registered User regular
    Hi all! Will the order form or process be posted to the forums? I didn't even know this was a thing but now I really want one!

bierfellow wrote: »
    Hi all! Will the order form or process be posted to the forums? I didn't even know this was a thing but now I really want one!

Yes! All of the steps will be done on this thread. Right now we are discussing location side, but soon we will be talking about the gaming side of it :)

Once it is all done, I will be posting the instructions for ordering here :)

Stay tuned!!

OtyHMcu.jpg
    edited October 2016
    When will the poll close/how much time does it take to do the remainder of the coin?

BadCrumpany on
  • shimwoodshimwood Registered User regular
    I voted, where's my sticker? Kappa

khd33hubozxv.png
  • StinkyTurdStinkyTurd Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Voted now time to start planning meatcon 2017.

StinkyTurd on
    When will the poll close/how much time does it take to do the remainder of the coin?

I will leave it up for the week :) It depends on how long we debate on things :) But, I'm working on the same time frame as last year :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
    Ok, so I have closed the form.

Polling Results were as Follows:

Option 1: 49 votes
    Option 2: 2 votes.

So, the location side of our coin will look more or less like this!

dkmu4l8yro2m.png

In the final version, I might see if we can center the sign...

So, now we need to discuss what the gaming side should be.

I was thinking about VR...but, Australia jumped on that before we could. So, what are your thoughts?

OtyHMcu.jpg
    Vr would be pretty sweet. I just want to see something that has to do with video games on there. I know there is a lot of focus on tabletop and the dice was awesome last year, but as long as video games are represented, I will be really happy.

Maybe a Pokeball or something Pokemon-related. Not sure if there is anything hugely popular on the AR side of things to counteract Australia using VR :razz:

khd33hubozxv.png
    edited October 2016
    What about 3 hearts from Zelda as it's the 3rd year.

We could do a gaming headset

RILMS on
    OtyHMcu.jpg
    Could do the triforce 2 3 the to it and being massively iconic though the hearts would also be cool considering how menu games adopted the 3 starting hearts.

We could do

Which is

P
    A
    X

in binary

OtyHMcu.jpg
    A red hat that reads "Make PAX Great Again" :P

khd33hubozxv.png
    shimwood wrote: »

Lol. This PAX is going to be fantastic. This PAX is going to be HUGE.

• Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    shimwood wrote: »

Lol. This PAX is going to be fantastic. This PAX is going to be HUGE.

Everyone loves PAX. Women love PAX. Hispanics love PAX. There are going to be so many great deals made at PAX.

This space for rent
    I'm going to grab this PAX by the pinny!

OK, that might be taking it too far. :(

khd33hubozxv.png
    How about the Konami code?

OtyHMcu.jpg
    RILMS wrote: »

THIS

RILMS wrote: »

How has this not been done yet?! Nab it!

Pins!
    Rilms with the win!

edited October 2016
    I like either just the code or the code with Konami symbol. It's a pretty long code and needs to be squashed into a circle that is only about 1.5" at its widest so the less busy it is the better it'll probably look.

shimwood on
    khd33hubozxv.png
    There's a part of me that wants to embrace the Harambee meme and do a donkey Kong back to but damn the Konami code is so perfect that now that it's out there in afraid anther PAX will steal it.

Thanks @BadCrumpany for searching for those pics!

I like the Black and White Code one. I feel it would look best on a coin :)

However, I am sure we can have the artist at Kiddercorp add colour to the arrows if we want to do colour again :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
    No problemo Rilms!

Are we doing two coins this year again (one color, one without color)? The color last year was pretty sweet but I'm down to buy some of each if we did both again.

Are we doing two coins this year again (one color, one without color)? The color last year was pretty sweet but I'm down to buy some of each if we did both again.

I'm down with two coins if everyone else is :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • ardrial@gmail.comardrial@gmail.com Ardrial Registered User new member
    The picture says 2016. It should say 2017 no?

The picture says 2016. It should say 2017 no?

Yeah, it's just the template I used last year. The artist would update all of the information for this years coin :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
    Thoughts?

bexwz9l8qkcw.png

OtyHMcu.jpg
    For a color coin, probably would want to try a few different color combinations to judge the looks. As for the regular (gold) version, I think that version of the code would look great on it.

Pins!
    I like that for the gold one. Is it just me or do the top and bottom feel kind of empty though? Maybe it's just me thinking about how the dice filled it on up.

Is it just me or do the top and bottom feel kind of empty though?

I see what you mean. We can always have the artist create something more filling for the coin.

OtyHMcu.jpg
    Sounds sweet. And what do you guys think about for the colored one, the worn look: matinghabitsofthemoderngeek.com/wp-content/uploads/the_code_by_decibel_design-d4c34gt.jpg if the artist can have that same background but kinda cut and paste the arrows to make up the code. The colors on it would probably look neat. Pretty exciting stuff!

I'm not sure how well the worn look would translate to a coin... I would also be hesitant to take the artists property as they designed it to look that way.

OtyHMcu.jpg
    I have also been wondering. With the tickets going on sale so early, there was a ton of activity on the forum at the time...now not so much, compared to last year.

I am happy with the small band of people helping to create the coin, but I am also wondering where everyone else is (such as @Jake Capps, @OpSteel , @Sammy.Sam , @Devereaux , @TheAggroCraig , perhaps others...)

OtyHMcu.jpg